Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Customizable Gender Markers
1 2 3 4 5 6
Support! I'd really like to be able to show the gender identity of dragons without having to rely solely on lore
Support! I'd really like to be able to show the gender identity of dragons without having to rely solely on lore
jyIIBkp.png
Eh... No support, because the symbol is already explicitly a reflection of a dragon's on-site breeding function, and doesn't really label the dragon in a way the words male/female did. Plus, I am in [b]full[/b] support of a pose-change scroll, and by the very nature of that, a dragon's mechanical sex needs to be expressed somewhere on its page, imo. Even if a large portion of my dragons have genders which don't "align" with their pose, I'm fine with the existing markers. Even if I had nonbinary gender markers for them, I'd still have to include things like their pronouns somewhere else? Which, if people would ignore [i]that[/i], chances are they'd just ignore the symbols I put, too... So, for me, this doesn't fix any issues I've encountered. Edit: this isn't related at all but [quote name="@Apocalyptichorse" date="2020-06-25 03:14:20" ] Blue from Blue's clue's, female but she's blue, and her crush Magenta? Pink but a boy XD [/quote] Actually, they're both girls! But yeah, blue and pink were reversed/non-gendered... Until the 1940s, I think? I am glad the current markers are all gray, though.
Eh... No support, because the symbol is already explicitly a reflection of a dragon's on-site breeding function, and doesn't really label the dragon in a way the words male/female did. Plus, I am in full support of a pose-change scroll, and by the very nature of that, a dragon's mechanical sex needs to be expressed somewhere on its page, imo.

Even if a large portion of my dragons have genders which don't "align" with their pose, I'm fine with the existing markers. Even if I had nonbinary gender markers for them, I'd still have to include things like their pronouns somewhere else? Which, if people would ignore that, chances are they'd just ignore the symbols I put, too... So, for me, this doesn't fix any issues I've encountered.

Edit: this isn't related at all but
@Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2020-06-25 03:14:20:
Blue from Blue's clue's, female but she's blue, and her crush Magenta? Pink but a boy XD
Actually, they're both girls! But yeah, blue and pink were reversed/non-gendered... Until the 1940s, I think? I am glad the current markers are all gray, though.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
@Drakessis

It apparently depends on the country, in mine Magenta is male so yeh pink lad XD

I do agree the site functional gender needs to be listed/visible somewhere, even more so if pose change scrolls become a thing
@Drakessis

It apparently depends on the country, in mine Magenta is male so yeh pink lad XD

I do agree the site functional gender needs to be listed/visible somewhere, even more so if pose change scrolls become a thing
DVcXRyP.png
I like it :D
I like it :D
Support.
Support.
BLACK LIVES MATTER (Contains ways to help even if you can't donate/attend a protest!)| More ways to help | Free charity sites

IIQudw5.png
This doesn't sound like a feature I'd use but as long as it doesn't impact buying and selling on the AH, support.
This doesn't sound like a feature I'd use but as long as it doesn't impact buying and selling on the AH, support.
I think it would be better to add a second option for their gender, since gender and sex are not the same. The current marker only indicates their biological sex, instead of changing that, I think having the option to add the dragon's gender identity would be better.
That being said, I do think it's a good idea and it could be very useful for lore.
I think it would be better to add a second option for their gender, since gender and sex are not the same. The current marker only indicates their biological sex, instead of changing that, I think having the option to add the dragon's gender identity would be better.
That being said, I do think it's a good idea and it could be very useful for lore.
tumblr_o3164lIXv51v8u3r6o1_400.png
I support uwu
I support uwu
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3084436#post_3084436 Get yourself some free dragons before they go in goop mom’s goo
[quote]In addition, to avoid confusing/scamming other users by changing the gender marker to male/female when their sex doesn't match up, perhaps it can be a locked option such as having a familiar. You can't sell/trade a dragon when you have their gender marker customized[/quote] [b]As long as this part is implemented[/b] I see no issue. If it's just a personal aesthetic change, I think it's totally fine. The only reason I can see against it would be if the sex icon is tied into spaghetti code and hard to change.
Quote:
In addition, to avoid confusing/scamming other users by changing the gender marker to male/female when their sex doesn't match up, perhaps it can be a locked option such as having a familiar. You can't sell/trade a dragon when you have their gender marker customized

As long as this part is implemented I see no issue. If it's just a personal aesthetic change, I think it's totally fine. The only reason I can see against it would be if the sex icon is tied into spaghetti code and hard to change.
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
What if they added the Mars/Venus symbols to the emojis and allowed people to choose anything out of that? That way people who want to explicitly show trans dragons can do that, but anyone who doesn't care about that/wants to use different gender symbols/wants to use that space for something else can choose out of anything in the emojis list?
What if they added the Mars/Venus symbols to the emojis and allowed people to choose anything out of that? That way people who want to explicitly show trans dragons can do that, but anyone who doesn't care about that/wants to use different gender symbols/wants to use that space for something else can choose out of anything in the emojis list?
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6