Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Scroll of unnaming?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
I support this in a vacuum, it’s your dragon and you should be able to do whatever you want with it, but at the same time I think this would just cause a lot of drama and frustration with the “no Unnamed offspring” people. I sell Unnamed offspring sometimes, but only if I don’t care much about the parents or those offspring aren’t on the top of the list that’s visible without scrolling. It’d be kind of annoying to me to sell a dragon with a name, just for it to be changed to Unnamed. Obviously somebody could rename a dragon I sold to something like Nameless which I wouldn’t mind at all really, or something like “cheesedip” which would also mess up my list aesthetic. Since it’s already possible to choose a name that would make a list seem ugly to the owner of the parents’ taste, I don’t really see any real reason not to support, but I am on the fence just because of the potential drama.
I support this in a vacuum, it’s your dragon and you should be able to do whatever you want with it, but at the same time I think this would just cause a lot of drama and frustration with the “no Unnamed offspring” people. I sell Unnamed offspring sometimes, but only if I don’t care much about the parents or those offspring aren’t on the top of the list that’s visible without scrolling. It’d be kind of annoying to me to sell a dragon with a name, just for it to be changed to Unnamed. Obviously somebody could rename a dragon I sold to something like Nameless which I wouldn’t mind at all really, or something like “cheesedip” which would also mess up my list aesthetic. Since it’s already possible to choose a name that would make a list seem ugly to the owner of the parents’ taste, I don’t really see any real reason not to support, but I am on the fence just because of the potential drama.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
Support! As it has already been mentioned, if somebody wants to ruin an offspring list, they will anyway and that is punishable by the site's rules. I can name all of the hatchlings I sell and somebody would still rename them to STINKYFEET or something. So yeah, good suggestion! And I don't think it should necessarily be very pricy. Again, it's just as easy to spite-rename already named hatchlings something nasty and way worse than Unnamed.
Support! As it has already been mentioned, if somebody wants to ruin an offspring list, they will anyway and that is punishable by the site's rules. I can name all of the hatchlings I sell and somebody would still rename them to STINKYFEET or something. So yeah, good suggestion! And I don't think it should necessarily be very pricy. Again, it's just as easy to spite-rename already named hatchlings something nasty and way worse than Unnamed.
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-03-12 17:10:10" ] Support. You can cause people despair in so many existing ways. [/quote] This has to be the single most illogical reason to support this. Because we can do a whole list of things to hurt other people, let's make all the things we could do to hurt others available. 100g is way too little to reset to factory settings. I think Nightwind had the right idea on price. If you want an unnamed dragon, all you have to do is breed one or hatch one or go find another one. It's not like they're rare or something.
Corviknight wrote on 2020-03-12 17:10:10:
Support. You can cause people despair in so many existing ways.
This has to be the single most illogical reason to support this. Because we can do a whole list of things to hurt other people, let's make all the things we could do to hurt others available.

100g is way too little to reset to factory settings. I think Nightwind had the right idea on price.

If you want an unnamed dragon, all you have to do is breed one or hatch one or go find another one. It's not like they're rare or something.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Absolutely no support. I name my hatchlings because I dislike unnamed hatchlings.

The ONLY way i could see this work would be hatchlings from your own dragons. But not hatchlings you buy from others.
Absolutely no support. I name my hatchlings because I dislike unnamed hatchlings.

The ONLY way i could see this work would be hatchlings from your own dragons. But not hatchlings you buy from others.
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
[quote name="@Taarnfalk" date="2020-03-14 08:39:58" ] Absolutely no support. I name my hatchlings because I dislike unnamed hatchlings. The ONLY way i could see this work would be hatchlings from your own dragons. But not hatchlings you buy from others. [/quote] That would defeat the entire purpose of removing the name of [b]my[/b] dragon. If I buy a dragon, it becomes mine. If I happen to want it nameless; Sucks for me I guess I can't control if I want my own dragon named or not
@Taarnfalk wrote on 2020-03-14 08:39:58:

That would defeat the entire purpose of removing the name of my dragon. If I buy a dragon, it becomes mine. If I happen to want it nameless; Sucks for me I guess I can't control if I want my own dragon named or not

[quote name="Severynn" date="2020-03-14 08:57:40" ] [quote name="Taarnfalk" date="2020-03-14 08:39:58" ] Absolutely no support. I name my hatchlings because I dislike unnamed hatchlings. The ONLY way i could see this work would be hatchlings from your own dragons. But not hatchlings you buy from others. [/quote] That would defeat the entire purpose of removing the name of [b]my[/b] dragon. If I buy a dragon, it becomes mine. If I happen to want it nameless; Sucks for me I guess I can't control if I want my own dragon named or not [/quote] There are thousands of unnamed dragons in the ah. No reason to buy a named one and then unnamed them. Just advertise you want to buy unnamed dragons... I just see it as harassment to buy a named dragon then want it to be unnamed. Nothing a breeder can do to prevent an unnamed to appear in their dragons offspring
Severynn wrote on 2020-03-14 08:57:40:
Taarnfalk wrote on 2020-03-14 08:39:58:

That would defeat the entire purpose of removing the name of my dragon. If I buy a dragon, it becomes mine. If I happen to want it nameless; Sucks for me I guess I can't control if I want my own dragon named or not

There are thousands of unnamed dragons in the ah. No reason to buy a named one and then unnamed them. Just advertise you want to buy unnamed dragons...

I just see it as harassment to buy a named dragon then want it to be unnamed. Nothing a breeder can do to prevent an unnamed to appear in their dragons offspring
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
Sure. I'm in favor of just about anything that gives us options to customize dragons. As long as we aren't choosing colors, I don't really see the harm. I wouldn't use it myself, but I'm sure some would love it.
Sure. I'm in favor of just about anything that gives us options to customize dragons. As long as we aren't choosing colors, I don't really see the harm. I wouldn't use it myself, but I'm sure some would love it.
Lore shop closed for good :(
[quote name="Taarnfalk" date="2020-03-14 09:03:58" ] [quote name="Severynn" date="2020-03-14 08:57:40" ] [quote name="Taarnfalk" date="2020-03-14 08:39:58" ] Absolutely no support. I name my hatchlings because I dislike unnamed hatchlings. The ONLY way i could see this work would be hatchlings from your own dragons. But not hatchlings you buy from others. [/quote] That would defeat the entire purpose of removing the name of [b]my[/b] dragon. If I buy a dragon, it becomes mine. If I happen to want it nameless; Sucks for me I guess I can't control if I want my own dragon named or not [/quote] There are thousands of unnamed dragons in the ah. No reason to buy a named one and then unnamed them. Just advertise you want to buy unnamed dragons... I just see it as harassment to buy a named dragon then want it to be unnamed. Nothing a breeder can do to prevent an unnamed to appear in their dragons offspring [/quote] However, what if you don't want a brand new dragon. What if you want a trained dragon. Those, at this moment, HAVE to be named. What if you want to take the gift dragon you were given when you joined, and you have changed its breed, scattered it, changed genes, leveled it, and now you realize it would be perfect for your lore as an unnamed warrior, and you want to unname it (or you realize you prefer the aesthetic of 'unnamed' in your lair rather than random names. I did that on another site, where I had been struggling to name all my pets, and realized, I vastly preferred unnamed for the majority of them, with only a few 'special' pets getting names, mainly so I could find those pets easily amongst the unnamed pets)? There are many reasons to want to have a dragon with the default name and 'getting/breeding a new dragon' won't always solve those issues, especially if you happen to like to collect certain types of dragons (such as old ID) or you have old dragons that have been in your lair forever. I think if they make the price of the scroll high enough it would deter most 'trolls' and would be a good gem income for the site. You won't be able to deter all trolls, as there will always be those who go 'above and beyond' to annoy, but those trolls can also simply rename the dragon to something worse than unnamed already, as long as it is not against the rules.
Taarnfalk wrote on 2020-03-14 09:03:58:
Severynn wrote on 2020-03-14 08:57:40:
Taarnfalk wrote on 2020-03-14 08:39:58:

There are thousands of unnamed dragons in the ah. No reason to buy a named one and then unnamed them. Just advertise you want to buy unnamed dragons...

I just see it as harassment to buy a named dragon then want it to be unnamed. Nothing a breeder can do to prevent an unnamed to appear in their dragons offspring
However, what if you don't want a brand new dragon. What if you want a trained dragon. Those, at this moment, HAVE to be named. What if you want to take the gift dragon you were given when you joined, and you have changed its breed, scattered it, changed genes, leveled it, and now you realize it would be perfect for your lore as an unnamed warrior, and you want to unname it (or you realize you prefer the aesthetic of 'unnamed' in your lair rather than random names. I did that on another site, where I had been struggling to name all my pets, and realized, I vastly preferred unnamed for the majority of them, with only a few 'special' pets getting names, mainly so I could find those pets easily amongst the unnamed pets)?

There are many reasons to want to have a dragon with the default name and 'getting/breeding a new dragon' won't always solve those issues, especially if you happen to like to collect certain types of dragons (such as old ID) or you have old dragons that have been in your lair forever.

I think if they make the price of the scroll high enough it would deter most 'trolls' and would be a good gem income for the site. You won't be able to deter all trolls, as there will always be those who go 'above and beyond' to annoy, but those trolls can also simply rename the dragon to something worse than unnamed already, as long as it is not against the rules.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote]However, what if you don't want a brand new dragon.[/quote] Tough luck? You are totally in charge of what you want. Nobody else. I'm not saying it's ideal. It's not. But the people who want to have all their offspring named have to follow the rules in order to get what they want: they name before selling or exalting and they can't even politely request people to name dragons that are no longer theirs. People who want to have trained or unnamed dragons also have to follow the rules of the game. It's a rule that you have to name your dragon to train them for some reason, and it's a rule that there are certain names that aren't allowed. Unnamed is one of those names that are not allowed--though there are literally new dragons added with the name Unnamed every day. You just have to adjust your expectations of how to play the game, just like people who want to sell their hatchlings but might still like to control their offspring lists. You can't have both. What about people who want an older dragon of a certain color scheme? You find the perfect dragon, but it has three unnamed offspring. Tough luck for them, too. Like I said. It's not ideal. But it's pretty fair. Compromise. Halfway happy for everyone. ----- EDIT: This makes me wonder, though. I mean, whatever will people say to people who complain in FR Discussion about someone exalting their dragon unnamed if this is implemented? "You should have named before you sold!" is no longer a viable suggestion to these people who are upset... The only other option is "don't sell your dragons." [quote]You won't be able to deter all trolls, as there will always be those who go 'above and beyond' to annoy, but those trolls can also simply rename the dragon to something worse than unnamed already, as long as it is not against the rules.[/quote] For the record... it isn't always true that there are things "worse than unnamed" in somebody else's opinion. It's totally possible that LordSparklebutt (an actual name of one of my dragons' offspring at one time) is more desirable to someone over Unnamed. Probably because Unnamed at this point sticks out like a sore thumb because it [i]is default[/i].
Quote:
However, what if you don't want a brand new dragon.
Tough luck? You are totally in charge of what you want. Nobody else.

I'm not saying it's ideal. It's not. But the people who want to have all their offspring named have to follow the rules in order to get what they want: they name before selling or exalting and they can't even politely request people to name dragons that are no longer theirs.

People who want to have trained or unnamed dragons also have to follow the rules of the game. It's a rule that you have to name your dragon to train them for some reason, and it's a rule that there are certain names that aren't allowed. Unnamed is one of those names that are not allowed--though there are literally new dragons added with the name Unnamed every day. You just have to adjust your expectations of how to play the game, just like people who want to sell their hatchlings but might still like to control their offspring lists. You can't have both.

What about people who want an older dragon of a certain color scheme? You find the perfect dragon, but it has three unnamed offspring. Tough luck for them, too.

Like I said. It's not ideal. But it's pretty fair. Compromise. Halfway happy for everyone.

EDIT: This makes me wonder, though. I mean, whatever will people say to people who complain in FR Discussion about someone exalting their dragon unnamed if this is implemented? "You should have named before you sold!" is no longer a viable suggestion to these people who are upset... The only other option is "don't sell your dragons."

Quote:
You won't be able to deter all trolls, as there will always be those who go 'above and beyond' to annoy, but those trolls can also simply rename the dragon to something worse than unnamed already, as long as it is not against the rules.
For the record... it isn't always true that there are things "worse than unnamed" in somebody else's opinion. It's totally possible that LordSparklebutt (an actual name of one of my dragons' offspring at one time) is more desirable to someone over Unnamed. Probably because Unnamed at this point sticks out like a sore thumb because it is default.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-03-14 01:43:51" ] No support. Naming before selling is the only way for a seller to protect themselves against unnamed exalts muddying their offspring lists. There's shouldn't be any method to remove that safety net no matter how much it costs. People will do crazy stupid things out of spite. [/quote] No support. This is where I'm at with this as well. People who exalt dragons as Unnamed have always said if you don't want them to be Unnamed, name them yourself. If there is a scroll that changes that then there is no way for someone who doesn't want Unnamed on their dragon's offspring list to prevent that. The only way I would be okay with this is if there was a symbol next to the name on the offspring list if this is done. It would make it so it isn't just some generic Unnamed dragon for whoever bred and sold them while the symbol wouldn't show up next to the name itself for whoever used the scroll. This way everyone would be happy.
Contaminate wrote on 2020-03-14 01:43:51:
No support. Naming before selling is the only way for a seller to protect themselves against unnamed exalts muddying their offspring lists. There's shouldn't be any method to remove that safety net no matter how much it costs. People will do crazy stupid things out of spite.

No support. This is where I'm at with this as well. People who exalt dragons as Unnamed have always said if you don't want them to be Unnamed, name them yourself. If there is a scroll that changes that then there is no way for someone who doesn't want Unnamed on their dragon's offspring list to prevent that. The only way I would be okay with this is if there was a symbol next to the name on the offspring list if this is done. It would make it so it isn't just some generic Unnamed dragon for whoever bred and sold them while the symbol wouldn't show up next to the name itself for whoever used the scroll. This way everyone would be happy.
knhLXgs.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19