Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | More wolf like drsgons
1 2
*INHALES* I digress with all of the opinions above. It looks pretty draconic, in my opinion. But its a few tweaks it'd be more draconic. [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterhunter/images/b/b0/MHST-Versa_Pietru_Screenshot_003.jpg[/img] [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterhunter/images/c/ca/MHST-Makili_Pietru_Screenshot_007.jpg[/img] (Versa and Makili Pietru from Monster Hunter Stories) Imao, the photo shown, to be more draconic, it needs the tail to attach completely to the hips like a dinosaur or lizard, and for the wings to have a feathery/batlike quality. Once that's done, I think the photo given by Corviknight would be a good dragon! It's my arrogant opinion that dragons don't have fur, but protofeathers. However, for Flight Rising, I am willing to bend my opinions. Basically, the qualifications for "dragon" are [i]very[/i] vague and [i]very[/i] broad, so one person's dragon may be another's not-dragon. I personally think feathers and scales are best for dragons (due to SCIENTIFIC ACCURACY). [img]https://img.scryfall.com/cards/large/front/a/4/a42b2c9c-1650-468e-94d6-e09b3518447f.jpg[/img] (Dragonlord Ojutai from Magic: the Gathering) However, the Flight Rising universe is different from my personal dragon opinions, so we have Gaolers and Tundras and Pearlcatchers and Imperials. So, in this universe, a dragon can be partially/fully furry. This, in my opinion, allows for the image by Corviknight to be qualified as a dragon and not a flying wolf. Have you seen a wolf with that long of a neck? Pete's Dragon (2016) also agrees with that idea, due to Elliot in that move being furry. I digress with the idea of dragons having fur, but I am willing to understand the worldbuilding of Flight Rising to come up with draconic ideas.
*INHALES*

I digress with all of the opinions above. It looks pretty draconic, in my opinion. But its a few tweaks it'd be more draconic.

MHST-Versa_Pietru_Screenshot_003.jpg
MHST-Makili_Pietru_Screenshot_007.jpg

(Versa and Makili Pietru from Monster Hunter Stories)

Imao, the photo shown, to be more draconic, it needs the tail to attach completely to the hips like a dinosaur or lizard, and for the wings to have a feathery/batlike quality. Once that's done, I think the photo given by Corviknight would be a good dragon! It's my arrogant opinion that dragons don't have fur, but protofeathers. However, for Flight Rising, I am willing to bend my opinions. Basically, the qualifications for "dragon" are very vague and very broad, so one person's dragon may be another's not-dragon. I personally think feathers and scales are best for dragons (due to SCIENTIFIC ACCURACY).

a42b2c9c-1650-468e-94d6-e09b3518447f.jpg

(Dragonlord Ojutai from Magic: the Gathering)

However, the Flight Rising universe is different from my personal dragon opinions, so we have Gaolers and Tundras and Pearlcatchers and Imperials. So, in this universe, a dragon can be partially/fully furry. This, in my opinion, allows for the image by Corviknight to be qualified as a dragon and not a flying wolf. Have you seen a wolf with that long of a neck? Pete's Dragon (2016) also agrees with that idea, due to Elliot in that move being furry. I digress with the idea of dragons having fur, but I am willing to understand the worldbuilding of Flight Rising to come up with draconic ideas.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
I'd be alright with more mammalian dragons, but an issue I have with a lot of the "X-Mammal Dragon" suggestions is they usually just end up being the animal plus wings, which does not a dragon make. While they are mythical creatures, dragon mythology originates with reptiles and then evolved from there, so if you want a mammalian dragon you do need to alter the base mammal a bit to still make it read as dragon. There's a reason no one ever calls a Pegasus a "Horse Dragon."
I'd be alright with more mammalian dragons, but an issue I have with a lot of the "X-Mammal Dragon" suggestions is they usually just end up being the animal plus wings, which does not a dragon make. While they are mythical creatures, dragon mythology originates with reptiles and then evolved from there, so if you want a mammalian dragon you do need to alter the base mammal a bit to still make it read as dragon. There's a reason no one ever calls a Pegasus a "Horse Dragon."
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
I like furry dragons... the presence of fur and feathers doesn't make an animal not a dragon. As long as it wasn't "animal+wings" I'm happy.
I like furry dragons... the presence of fur and feathers doesn't make an animal not a dragon. As long as it wasn't "animal+wings" I'm happy.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
@requacy

I wasn't the person who posted my image, but I still do have concerns concerning the behavior of the "wolf dragons", given that we already have a specie that behaves like wolves. That's where my concern is.

@requacy

I wasn't the person who posted my image, but I still do have concerns concerning the behavior of the "wolf dragons", given that we already have a specie that behaves like wolves. That's where my concern is.

[quote name="@Corviknight" date="2020-03-01 12:43:58" ] @/requacy I wasn't the person who posted my image, but I still do have concerns concerning the behavior of the "wolf dragons", given that we already have a specie that behaves like wolves. That's where my concern is. [/quote] Oh, okay! My apologies! I think the wolf-like dragons wouldn't be Mirror-like, despite being pack animals. Mirrors are generally more aggressive than wolves, and they're more migratory and predatory as well. I think if the wolf dragons were more antisocial/introverted pack hunters rather than the territorial beans, it might work! We already have dragons that are pretty similar, so I believe it depends on the execution. This reminds me of the Zburator myth~
@Corviknight wrote on 2020-03-01 12:43:58:
@/requacy

Oh, okay! My apologies! I think the wolf-like dragons wouldn't be Mirror-like, despite being pack animals. Mirrors are generally more aggressive than wolves, and they're more migratory and predatory as well. I think if the wolf dragons were more antisocial/introverted pack hunters rather than the territorial beans, it might work! We already have dragons that are pretty similar, so I believe it depends on the execution.

This reminds me of the Zburator myth~
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Some dragon breeds with more mammalian traits would be cool, but I really don't want them to be that really generic, uninspired x animal but with wings type of creaure.

I don't think that winged wolf pic someone posted earlier in the thread would fit as a dragon breed, but it would work well as a wolf version of a Hainu familiar.
Some dragon breeds with more mammalian traits would be cool, but I really don't want them to be that really generic, uninspired x animal but with wings type of creaure.

I don't think that winged wolf pic someone posted earlier in the thread would fit as a dragon breed, but it would work well as a wolf version of a Hainu familiar.
forumsig_by_plantfeathers-datch91.png
I'm cool with mammalian dragons.

I'd prefer if they steered clear of the 'strap wings and horns to [animal]' method, though.
I'm cool with mammalian dragons.

I'd prefer if they steered clear of the 'strap wings and horns to [animal]' method, though.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
buddy just put a wolf cape and a wooly coat/tail on a mirror [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58147697] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/581477/58147697_350.png[/img] [/url] BOOM there you fricking go
buddy just put a wolf cape and a wooly coat/tail on a mirror

58147697_350.png

BOOM there you fricking go
66.png
1 2