Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Lion/Nox and Peacock for Banescales
1 2 3
Yeah same. Noxtide is one of my fave secondaries. And piggybacking on Amut, I am REALLY feeling the lack of tert customization on banescale! Wraith can only get me so far, and the rest..........eh

Capsule is super popular, and glimmer goes with petals and butterfly so, so well. I also hurt for opal, stain, firefly/runes, and python+morph, but wyd ;-;
Yeah same. Noxtide is one of my fave secondaries. And piggybacking on Amut, I am REALLY feeling the lack of tert customization on banescale! Wraith can only get me so far, and the rest..........eh

Capsule is super popular, and glimmer goes with petals and butterfly so, so well. I also hurt for opal, stain, firefly/runes, and python+morph, but wyd ;-;
they/it

art | skins | links | about
I'm actually a little surprised at the lack of variety we got with Banes as the second Ancient species. Not in the number of genes but in how many are duplicates of the crossover genes that Gaolers already had.
Jaguar/Rosette, Pinstripe/Trail, and Tiger/Stripes are on both Gaolers and Banes. And they share Ghost and Ringlets for terts. Ringlets seems especially strange, I didn't think it was particularly popular to begin with.

That all seems like an odd decision given how limited the gene options are for Ancients and how many modern genes are available that could have been used instead. Why double up so much right out of the gate? It's not like they are short on other choices.

I'm actually a little surprised at the lack of variety we got with Banes as the second Ancient species. Not in the number of genes but in how many are duplicates of the crossover genes that Gaolers already had.
Jaguar/Rosette, Pinstripe/Trail, and Tiger/Stripes are on both Gaolers and Banes. And they share Ghost and Ringlets for terts. Ringlets seems especially strange, I didn't think it was particularly popular to begin with.

That all seems like an odd decision given how limited the gene options are for Ancients and how many modern genes are available that could have been used instead. Why double up so much right out of the gate? It's not like they are short on other choices.

Adding Ringlets makes sense because it's a very simple copy-paste and a little rotation. There's no thought to it, and it's clear that it was Drawn Once and just slapped on everything else.

It's ugly and unpopular but it's Fast and Easy.

What I don't get is the lack of like, underbelly. It's just a solid color. It should be simple to add.

Also I agree - Lion/Nox should be added at some point. (with additions on the horns!) Along with more belly genes.

Adding Ringlets makes sense because it's a very simple copy-paste and a little rotation. There's no thought to it, and it's clear that it was Drawn Once and just slapped on everything else.

What I don't get is the lack of like, underbelly. It's just a solid color. It should be simple to add.

Also I agree - Lion/Nox should be added at some point. (with additions on the horns!) Along with more belly genes.

[quote name="thecatsred" date="2020-01-03 15:17:05" ] Adding Ringlets makes sense because it's a very simple copy-paste and a little rotation. There's no thought to it, and it's clear that it was Drawn Once and just slapped on everything else. It's ugly and unpopular but it's Fast and Easy. What I don't get is the lack of like, underbelly. It's just a solid color. It should be simple to add. [/quote] I mean, I can see your point but that honestly seems like a really poor decision on their part. And an even worse one to make twice. Gaolers have been out 6 months and have 4,806 active Ringlets-having-dragons. Their version of Ghost by comparison has 16,498. Ringlets is definitely trailing the pack. If it's not selling well the first time (total unexalted moderns with Ringlets = 49,407 -rather low for a gene that isn't [i]brand [/i]new) and doesn't sell well the second either..... even if it's a cheap and easy make, is it really worth doing again? It just seems like wasted effort and opportunity.
thecatsred wrote on 2020-01-03 15:17:05:

I mean, I can see your point but that honestly seems like a really poor decision on their part. And an even worse one to make twice. Gaolers have been out 6 months and have 4,806 active Ringlets-having-dragons. Their version of Ghost by comparison has 16,498. Ringlets is definitely trailing the pack.

If it's not selling well the first time (total unexalted moderns with Ringlets = 49,407 -rather low for a gene that isn't brand new) and doesn't sell well the second either..... even if it's a cheap and easy make, is it really worth doing again? It just seems like wasted effort and opportunity.

Just out of curiosity I ran a few searches. These are the numbers for unexalted Modern dragons with a particular tert as of now. I'm skipping the gem genes.

Capsule: 285,409
Contour : 144,584
Crackle: 549,230
Firefly: 154,450
Gembond: 679,859
Ghost: 235,894
Lace: 185,191
Okapi: 218,775
Peacock: 84,068 (released Jan 8th 2019)
Ringlets: 49,407 (released Sept 19 2018)
Runes: 644,049
Scales: 65,619
Smirch: 63,189
Smoke: 775,517
Spines: 338,721
Thylacine: 375,281
Underbelly: 1,616,553
Veined: 7,055 (released Nov 5) -as one of the newest genes this number likely means a lot less

Now, older genes will obviously tend to have more dragons because they've been adding to their population longer. But even so, Ringlets in particular is at the bottom for population, and below another treasure gene with a comparable price that came out much more recently) which is suggestive if nothing else.

You'd think Underbelly at least would be a no-brainer.
Just out of curiosity I ran a few searches. These are the numbers for unexalted Modern dragons with a particular tert as of now. I'm skipping the gem genes.

Capsule: 285,409
Contour : 144,584
Crackle: 549,230
Firefly: 154,450
Gembond: 679,859
Ghost: 235,894
Lace: 185,191
Okapi: 218,775
Peacock: 84,068 (released Jan 8th 2019)
Ringlets: 49,407 (released Sept 19 2018)
Runes: 644,049
Scales: 65,619
Smirch: 63,189
Smoke: 775,517
Spines: 338,721
Thylacine: 375,281
Underbelly: 1,616,553
Veined: 7,055 (released Nov 5) -as one of the newest genes this number likely means a lot less

Now, older genes will obviously tend to have more dragons because they've been adding to their population longer. But even so, Ringlets in particular is at the bottom for population, and below another treasure gene with a comparable price that came out much more recently) which is suggestive if nothing else.

You'd think Underbelly at least would be a no-brainer.
Eh, I'm not too keen on Noxtide myself--which is funny because I love Lionfish. Support all around, though, since they can't really add Lionfish without adding Noxtide (and because I also love Peacock).
Eh, I'm not too keen on Noxtide myself--which is funny because I love Lionfish. Support all around, though, since they can't really add Lionfish without adding Noxtide (and because I also love Peacock).
Please help me raise my Dragon Cave hatchlings and hatch my eggs by viewing and clicking on them. :D (A big thank you to everyone who has already helped!)
The simplier gene to add to EVERY ancient breed would be stain.

No work at all, pretty cool and usefull in many cases...

That being said, I would like to have less busy gene for banescale like ripple/curent. They are simple, but nice.
The simplier gene to add to EVERY ancient breed would be stain.

No work at all, pretty cool and usefull in many cases...

That being said, I would like to have less busy gene for banescale like ripple/curent. They are simple, but nice.
9Iyo63B.png
?ytbH=party.png
Help me to grow!!!
My 100 Babies Challenge
(With a Naomi's descendant)
After seeing all the striped genes available to Banescales I can say I was actually somewhat disappointed that Noxtide didn't fit into that list! I definitely think Lionfish/Noxtide should be added! Also on the ringlets thing.. I was actually surprised to see that tertiary on the list.. I think ringlets is kind of an oof gene. I was really disappointed when it came out because I could see a subtle fishscales gene hiding in there and thought it would be way cooler than the ringlets.
After seeing all the striped genes available to Banescales I can say I was actually somewhat disappointed that Noxtide didn't fit into that list! I definitely think Lionfish/Noxtide should be added! Also on the ringlets thing.. I was actually surprised to see that tertiary on the list.. I think ringlets is kind of an oof gene. I was really disappointed when it came out because I could see a subtle fishscales gene hiding in there and thought it would be way cooler than the ringlets.
Please Don't ping me to tell me you are not interested.
If I don't provide a price... I probably don't have one. If there's interest, I'll try and think of one for you! Don't worry, you're all set, amigo!
-Sorry if I missed you asking!
I'm definitely in support of peacock for banescales!
I'm definitely in support of peacock for banescales!
tpG8plN.gif 20f0d7fd40667f35723eea7f24de9c519f7b2cca.png 9tl1qHF.gif
Give me noxtide please I'd really like this for banes
Give me noxtide please I'd really like this for banes
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
1 2 3