Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Lion/Nox and Peacock for Banescales
1 2 3
Honestly at this time, I'd far prefer that we get new breed specific genes over new parallel genes. As it is only 4 of the 15 primaries are unique to banescales which admittedly is better than gaolers 3 of 14 primaries.

Ancients are supposed to be a way to break the typical boundaries, as we see with the line breaking terts and banescales that break the two wing/four limb build. Why not use these breeds as a way to experiment with new and unusual primaries and secondaries?

Or instead of having parallel genes be identical to modern breeds, give them a unique twist for ancient breeds. For example, instead of peacock only having one eye per spike, have two. Or different accent colors for genes with accent colors
Honestly at this time, I'd far prefer that we get new breed specific genes over new parallel genes. As it is only 4 of the 15 primaries are unique to banescales which admittedly is better than gaolers 3 of 14 primaries.

Ancients are supposed to be a way to break the typical boundaries, as we see with the line breaking terts and banescales that break the two wing/four limb build. Why not use these breeds as a way to experiment with new and unusual primaries and secondaries?

Or instead of having parallel genes be identical to modern breeds, give them a unique twist for ancient breeds. For example, instead of peacock only having one eye per spike, have two. Or different accent colors for genes with accent colors
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
To be honest, I'd rather the artists worked on whatever modern breed they might be working on right now, rather than more stuff for ancient breeds.
To be honest, I'd rather the artists worked on whatever modern breed they might be working on right now, rather than more stuff for ancient breeds.
[quote name="@KrysaVorona" date="2020-01-21 13:28:01" ] To be honest, I'd rather the artists worked on whatever modern breed they might be working on right now, rather than more stuff for ancient breeds. [/quote] Staff have explicitly said that's not how it works. [quote=Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development]Can you explain what you mean by "concurrent development"? The team at Stormlight Workshop, LLC is always working on several things at once. As a group we delegate projects based on strengths and skills, and generally have a lot of things cooking at once to keep the project rolling along. Most of the time, development on one thing does not cause impediments for any others (except in some cases where we may need to focus-fire on one thing as a team), and these multiple fronts can sort of be visualized as a set of "lanes". [img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/fr_dev_pipelines.png[/img] Adding Ancient Breeds as its own development pipeline will not impede that of Modern Breed development, nor of the multitude of other initiatives we have in progress. [/quote]
@KrysaVorona wrote on 2020-01-21 13:28:01:

Staff have explicitly said that's not how it works.
Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development wrote:
Can you explain what you mean by "concurrent development"?

The team at Stormlight Workshop, LLC is always working on several things at once. As a group we delegate projects based on strengths and skills, and generally have a lot of things cooking at once to keep the project rolling along.

Most of the time, development on one thing does not cause impediments for any others (except in some cases where we may need to focus-fire on one thing as a team), and these multiple fronts can sort of be visualized as a set of "lanes".

fr_dev_pipelines.png

Adding Ancient Breeds as its own development pipeline will not impede that of Modern Breed development, nor of the multitude of other initiatives we have in progress.
To be honest, since they opened the door to this, I feel that every gene that is feasible should be 'paralleled' because otherwise it is the situation we have now, where my favorite genes might be paralleled, but yours aren't, but on the next ancient breed, mine are missing, and yours are done.
To be honest, since they opened the door to this, I feel that every gene that is feasible should be 'paralleled' because otherwise it is the situation we have now, where my favorite genes might be paralleled, but yours aren't, but on the next ancient breed, mine are missing, and yours are done.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support!

All three of those genes would look stunning on a banescale. They're naturally spikey so that would compliment lion/nox very well, and as others have said, peacock would go a long way towards giving banes good accent colours on their terts.
Support!

All three of those genes would look stunning on a banescale. They're naturally spikey so that would compliment lion/nox very well, and as others have said, peacock would go a long way towards giving banes good accent colours on their terts.
336806_daefb7429c15321d_I.gif333647_cafe6b3c3773e3a6_I.gif
I love Noxtide SO MUCH we need it on Banes! With their wings being so huge it'll look absolutely stunning!
I love Noxtide SO MUCH we need it on Banes! With their wings being so huge it'll look absolutely stunning!
3GUlHXT.png he/him ep2efT3.png
Lion, noxtide and peacock? Ehh i don’t know about this, it just somehow does not fit with the banescale aesthetic. I would like to see more unique genes with ancient and not modern genes. I think it will give ancients more uniqueness because well they are ancients and evolved far away from modern. Noxtide gets a support for me since it’s not too busy of a gene. Lionfish gets a semi support, me personally is not a big fan of the gene on modern genes and seeing it on a banescale will be a whole mess. Peacock? No no no no, it will look messy and overlapping in my head. So no support for me.
Lion, noxtide and peacock? Ehh i don’t know about this, it just somehow does not fit with the banescale aesthetic. I would like to see more unique genes with ancient and not modern genes. I think it will give ancients more uniqueness because well they are ancients and evolved far away from modern. Noxtide gets a support for me since it’s not too busy of a gene. Lionfish gets a semi support, me personally is not a big fan of the gene on modern genes and seeing it on a banescale will be a whole mess. Peacock? No no no no, it will look messy and overlapping in my head. So no support for me.
Yes! Peacock for Banes!
Yes! Peacock for Banes!
1 2 3