Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Future issue with ancient gene labels.
1 2
[quote name="Stormdance" date="2019-11-10 17:35:41" ] The only problem with this system is that it would require 1 of two things to happen: ancient gene prices to rise, or modern gene prices to fall. The reason Gaoler genes are cheaper is because they can only be applied to one dragon breed. A lowered price would not be good for the dragon economy (we need more treasure sinks, not less), and a higher price would be very unfair when many players have already gotten something at a lower price. That said, there’s definitely potential problems on the horizon with the increasing quantity of gaoler genes and the likelihood of more ancient breeds. IMO a separate section of the marketplace/ah for ‘ancient’ genes is called for. [/quote] While I can understand that reasoning, I feel that some players getting essentially a 'discount' on some genes would be a lesser price to pay than having 200 different genes that are all breed specific, or even having an MP that has ancient genes and modern genes that are essentially the same, but can't be applied to the opposite. I can agree with gaoler specific or ancient specific genes being cheaper, but genes that are universal I don't really see a point to having, especially if they are going to be universal across all dragons (ie all ancients are going to be able to use them. Personally, I feel that now is the time to address this issue, before the next ancient comes out, and before, should they change prices of existing ancient genes, other players buy them at a cheaper price.
Stormdance wrote on 2019-11-10 17:35:41:
The only problem with this system is that it would require 1 of two things to happen: ancient gene prices to rise, or modern gene prices to fall. The reason Gaoler genes are cheaper is because they can only be applied to one dragon breed. A lowered price would not be good for the dragon economy (we need more treasure sinks, not less), and a higher price would be very unfair when many players have already gotten something at a lower price.

That said, there’s definitely potential problems on the horizon with the increasing quantity of gaoler genes and the likelihood of more ancient breeds. IMO a separate section of the marketplace/ah for ‘ancient’ genes is called for.
While I can understand that reasoning, I feel that some players getting essentially a 'discount' on some genes would be a lesser price to pay than having 200 different genes that are all breed specific, or even having an MP that has ancient genes and modern genes that are essentially the same, but can't be applied to the opposite.

I can agree with gaoler specific or ancient specific genes being cheaper, but genes that are universal I don't really see a point to having, especially if they are going to be universal across all dragons (ie all ancients are going to be able to use them.

Personally, I feel that now is the time to address this issue, before the next ancient comes out, and before, should they change prices of existing ancient genes, other players buy them at a cheaper price.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I think that argument is slightly weak, if only because no one is obligated to buy genes unless they want to. I can't actually recall the any gene scroll I've bought in the last 2 years. Why pay 100kt for a gene when I can buy a dragon that already has it and in the colors I want for 7kt? Did I shell out hundreds of gems to buy mums for Blossom? Nope, I just waited for a fully gened gaoler with blossom to show up at an acceptable price. I've got Blossom, without playing into any treasure sinks along the way. I'm highly doubtful I'm the only person who's like that either.

Not that I don't understand the point being made, but cheaper genes would probably make me inclined to buy them instead of just waiting around to buy fodder with them. I don't "value" a gene purchase more because it's expensive, I know myself well enough to know that most of the rationale I use to not buy genes is to avoid sinking ridiculous cost into something I may want to replace very soon. It takes quite a bit of bred fodder to offset gening the parents, and there isn't even an achievement incentive to encourage a casual player along.

The easy solution would be to leave "universal" and modern genes priced how they are now. (if a modern can wear it, it gets the modern price range), but all ancient genes are whatever price the staff sets for them, with their ancient limitations for application.
I think that argument is slightly weak, if only because no one is obligated to buy genes unless they want to. I can't actually recall the any gene scroll I've bought in the last 2 years. Why pay 100kt for a gene when I can buy a dragon that already has it and in the colors I want for 7kt? Did I shell out hundreds of gems to buy mums for Blossom? Nope, I just waited for a fully gened gaoler with blossom to show up at an acceptable price. I've got Blossom, without playing into any treasure sinks along the way. I'm highly doubtful I'm the only person who's like that either.

Not that I don't understand the point being made, but cheaper genes would probably make me inclined to buy them instead of just waiting around to buy fodder with them. I don't "value" a gene purchase more because it's expensive, I know myself well enough to know that most of the rationale I use to not buy genes is to avoid sinking ridiculous cost into something I may want to replace very soon. It takes quite a bit of bred fodder to offset gening the parents, and there isn't even an achievement incentive to encourage a casual player along.

The easy solution would be to leave "universal" and modern genes priced how they are now. (if a modern can wear it, it gets the modern price range), but all ancient genes are whatever price the staff sets for them, with their ancient limitations for application.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
1 2