Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Naming Unnamed Exalted Dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Dragonsage

THank you, I wasn't sure, because the statement is somewhat ambiguous, so thought I would just answer if they were for the suggestion.
@Dragonsage

THank you, I wasn't sure, because the statement is somewhat ambiguous, so thought I would just answer if they were for the suggestion.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support.

Unnamed dragons are valid. And it should be nobodies buisness what people do with thier dragons, once bought you lost every right what is done with them.
No support.

Unnamed dragons are valid. And it should be nobodies buisness what people do with thier dragons, once bought you lost every right what is done with them.
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

If you own both parents of the exalted dragon, it never went to someone else's lair, and it never bred; I'd support being able to name this dragon after exalting.

Alternatively; Nicknames

You can freely give nicknames to all offspring in your dragons' offspring lists. However, only YOU can see the nicknames. Nicknames are cleared if you no longer own the dragon, and you cannot see other players' offspring nicknames.
If you own both parents of the exalted dragon, it never went to someone else's lair, and it never bred; I'd support being able to name this dragon after exalting.

Alternatively; Nicknames

You can freely give nicknames to all offspring in your dragons' offspring lists. However, only YOU can see the nicknames. Nicknames are cleared if you no longer own the dragon, and you cannot see other players' offspring nicknames.
66MHIIb.png
No support that changes anything about a dragon you NO LONGER OWN.
If you don't like unnameds, name them before you sell them.
No support that changes anything about a dragon you NO LONGER OWN.
If you don't like unnameds, name them before you sell them.
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
A lot of people don't like it cuz of the "once it's sold it's not yours/you buy it it's yours" yadda yadda. o:

That aside, if this was considered to be a thing (on an optimistic note), I can see this being either an item that people have to pay for to change one name per dragon. And it seems reasonable to have a limit only to dragons the user themselves exalted. (it'd be bad if someone hunted down whoever exalted what it hopes of getting a rename done though, which goes into the whole thing about rights)

I imagine a lot about sellability and rights come from the deeply settled culture of how dragons' status based on offspring is. Can't change society with a feature, is what I think in regards to this. o:
A lot of people don't like it cuz of the "once it's sold it's not yours/you buy it it's yours" yadda yadda. o:

That aside, if this was considered to be a thing (on an optimistic note), I can see this being either an item that people have to pay for to change one name per dragon. And it seems reasonable to have a limit only to dragons the user themselves exalted. (it'd be bad if someone hunted down whoever exalted what it hopes of getting a rename done though, which goes into the whole thing about rights)

I imagine a lot about sellability and rights come from the deeply settled culture of how dragons' status based on offspring is. Can't change society with a feature, is what I think in regards to this. o:
3u37mIB.png
No support. Not your dragon, not your business.
No support. Not your dragon, not your business.
In reality I don't particularly care, I prefer named dragons..

I would like it though to have an account setting which enabled you to see an Icon on dragon profiles to see there if the dragon was exalted or not since its hard going through 30 hatchlings to see if they're exalted or not.
In reality I don't particularly care, I prefer named dragons..

I would like it though to have an account setting which enabled you to see an Icon on dragon profiles to see there if the dragon was exalted or not since its hard going through 30 hatchlings to see if they're exalted or not.
I hate having unnamed offspring but I don’t support this. I’ve never used the feature to take back exalts, but I imagine if you accidentally exalted a dragon before naming it you could get it back using that feature to give it a name.

A rename feature without a time limit where the person who exalted the dragon can rename it could possibly lead to harassment, with some players demanding they go in and use the feature to change names.

It’s unfortunate to deal with unnamed offspring but future ones can be avoided by naming before selling, and if somebody requests to buy the dragon unnamed you could always offer a free renaming scroll instead if you’re really worried.

I think a way to “hide” these names would be if there was a way to toggle lineage, so that lineage would not automatically show up on a dragons page and you would have to click an extra button to see it. For simplicity, that could work best as an account setting and would apply only to your view of your lair and others’ lairs, and wouldn’t affect how others see yours.
I hate having unnamed offspring but I don’t support this. I’ve never used the feature to take back exalts, but I imagine if you accidentally exalted a dragon before naming it you could get it back using that feature to give it a name.

A rename feature without a time limit where the person who exalted the dragon can rename it could possibly lead to harassment, with some players demanding they go in and use the feature to change names.

It’s unfortunate to deal with unnamed offspring but future ones can be avoided by naming before selling, and if somebody requests to buy the dragon unnamed you could always offer a free renaming scroll instead if you’re really worried.

I think a way to “hide” these names would be if there was a way to toggle lineage, so that lineage would not automatically show up on a dragons page and you would have to click an extra button to see it. For simplicity, that could work best as an account setting and would apply only to your view of your lair and others’ lairs, and wouldn’t affect how others see yours.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
Named dragons sell, and names don't discourage most people. In fact, they can be the exact reason the sale happens.

I just sold a dragon for non-fodder prices. It had a random name I gave it. When I checked it out in its new lair, its new owner added to the bio "this dragon's name is the best thing I've ever seen." Pre-naming that dragon got it sold, and it kept Unnamed off my offspring list, and it made the new owner happy.

Pre-naming is not rude at all.
Named dragons sell, and names don't discourage most people. In fact, they can be the exact reason the sale happens.

I just sold a dragon for non-fodder prices. It had a random name I gave it. When I checked it out in its new lair, its new owner added to the bio "this dragon's name is the best thing I've ever seen." Pre-naming that dragon got it sold, and it kept Unnamed off my offspring list, and it made the new owner happy.

Pre-naming is not rude at all.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
As someone who levels and exalts dragons for profit, buying pre-named fodder is the absolute best! It saves me the time of doing it and it removes the worry of whether or not my standard fodder name will bother someone.

Naming dragons you’re selling is not rude at all! To be perfectly honest, I feel like it is doing the buyer a favor :D
As someone who levels and exalts dragons for profit, buying pre-named fodder is the absolute best! It saves me the time of doing it and it removes the worry of whether or not my standard fodder name will bother someone.

Naming dragons you’re selling is not rude at all! To be perfectly honest, I feel like it is doing the buyer a favor :D
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7