Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Naming Unnamed Exalted Dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="FeatherForest" date="2019-07-12 12:06:22" ] when you exalt a dragon, it's gone from your lair. Even if you owned the dragon, there is no way to see said dragon again. The only way to see the exalt again is by the legacy links, available only to the dragons parents/children. Thus it wouldn't really effect whoever exalted them. [/quote] But if you didn't exalt the dragon, [i]it wasn't your dragon[/i]. It was someone else's dragon. You give up any rights to a dragon when it leaves your lair. If for whatever reason you don't name a dragon and then sell it, you take the risk of it being exalted Unnamed, or named Fart, or Gigglesnot, or Trevor, or SunbeamTiger.
FeatherForest wrote on 2019-07-12 12:06:22:
when you exalt a dragon, it's gone from your lair. Even if you owned the dragon, there is no way to see said dragon again. The only way to see the exalt again is by the legacy links, available only to the dragons parents/children. Thus it wouldn't really effect whoever exalted them.

But if you didn't exalt the dragon, it wasn't your dragon. It was someone else's dragon.

You give up any rights to a dragon when it leaves your lair. If for whatever reason you don't name a dragon and then sell it, you take the risk of it being exalted Unnamed, or named Fart, or Gigglesnot, or Trevor, or SunbeamTiger.
It's still not your dragon, and you don't get to decide what to do with it. You cannot sell, trade, or gift a dragon with rules. Requiring that someone name the dragon before they exalt it is against the rules, which explicitly address this kind of situation.
It's still not your dragon, and you don't get to decide what to do with it. You cannot sell, trade, or gift a dragon with rules. Requiring that someone name the dragon before they exalt it is against the rules, which explicitly address this kind of situation.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
@Featherforest

Actually, if you have the ID number to that dragon, you can link to the dragon in your own dragon's bio. It isn't just through legacy links that dragons can be found, it is just much easier.

If you know the breed/sex/colors/genes, you could also find that dragon, as the search will look through exalted dragons as well. I used to keep a spreadsheet of all dragons that left my lair, and I would have that stuff listed, so I could easily find a dragon that I bred/bought then sold/hatched from a gen1 egg etc..

It also doesn't really matter, because as said, those dragons are still attached to the lair that exalted them, so according to the game, they still belong to the user who exalted them, they just can't be seen from the lair itself.

Granted, most players wouldn't really care if unnamed dragons they exalted suddenly started getting named, but how would you, as the owner of the parents, know whether that dragon was exalted for lore purposes and is referenced in other bios as unnamed (with a link) or simply for fodder?

Lastly, and one reason why these types of threads (not this thread in particular, but in general) tend to irk me a bit, is because the suggestion itself is somewhat niche.

It is only for one word out of literal millions of words that can be found on an offspring list, and doesn't address other players who have true phobias of seeing certain words, or reactions to seeing them, or just dislike seeing them, same as some players dislike seeing unnamed. It also doesn't address the idea that players always have a choice to sell a dragon unnamed. I don't really like unnamed dragons on my offspring list, so I name every one that leaves my lair. However, that doesn't mean I can prevent other words that I would prefer to not see show up, because those words are perfectly fine according to the site, and dragons can be renamed. Once you name a dragon, it can't be 'unnamed'.

I understand that you thought the person was going to name the dragon, and later didn't, however, that was your choice to sell it unnamed. The solution to that is to give it a name you can be satisfied with, and provide the other player with a scroll of renaming to go with the dragon. Just tell them you don't want unnamed dragons on your offspring lists, so you prefer to not let a dragon leave without a name.

Yeah, I like that solution as well, which is why it is linked in my signature. That way everyone could be happy, people who dislike unnamed can prevent seeing it, while others who want unnamed dragons can have them.
@Featherforest

Actually, if you have the ID number to that dragon, you can link to the dragon in your own dragon's bio. It isn't just through legacy links that dragons can be found, it is just much easier.

If you know the breed/sex/colors/genes, you could also find that dragon, as the search will look through exalted dragons as well. I used to keep a spreadsheet of all dragons that left my lair, and I would have that stuff listed, so I could easily find a dragon that I bred/bought then sold/hatched from a gen1 egg etc..

It also doesn't really matter, because as said, those dragons are still attached to the lair that exalted them, so according to the game, they still belong to the user who exalted them, they just can't be seen from the lair itself.

Granted, most players wouldn't really care if unnamed dragons they exalted suddenly started getting named, but how would you, as the owner of the parents, know whether that dragon was exalted for lore purposes and is referenced in other bios as unnamed (with a link) or simply for fodder?

Lastly, and one reason why these types of threads (not this thread in particular, but in general) tend to irk me a bit, is because the suggestion itself is somewhat niche.

It is only for one word out of literal millions of words that can be found on an offspring list, and doesn't address other players who have true phobias of seeing certain words, or reactions to seeing them, or just dislike seeing them, same as some players dislike seeing unnamed. It also doesn't address the idea that players always have a choice to sell a dragon unnamed. I don't really like unnamed dragons on my offspring list, so I name every one that leaves my lair. However, that doesn't mean I can prevent other words that I would prefer to not see show up, because those words are perfectly fine according to the site, and dragons can be renamed. Once you name a dragon, it can't be 'unnamed'.

I understand that you thought the person was going to name the dragon, and later didn't, however, that was your choice to sell it unnamed. The solution to that is to give it a name you can be satisfied with, and provide the other player with a scroll of renaming to go with the dragon. Just tell them you don't want unnamed dragons on your offspring lists, so you prefer to not let a dragon leave without a name.

Yeah, I like that solution as well, which is why it is linked in my signature. That way everyone could be happy, people who dislike unnamed can prevent seeing it, while others who want unnamed dragons can have them.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Say I buy two Unnamed dragons to breed a dragon who I want to have Unnamed parents for lore reasons. I get the offspring I want, so I exalt the parents to make sure they stay Unnamed forever, with no chance of accidentally naming them. Who has the right to decide if they get named or stay Unnamed? I bought the dragons, exchanged currency I had for them, and if I ever change flights they change flights with me, so they must still be attached to my account. But could the owner of the parents then still name them and ruin my lore?
Say I buy two Unnamed dragons to breed a dragon who I want to have Unnamed parents for lore reasons. I get the offspring I want, so I exalt the parents to make sure they stay Unnamed forever, with no chance of accidentally naming them. Who has the right to decide if they get named or stay Unnamed? I bought the dragons, exchanged currency I had for them, and if I ever change flights they change flights with me, so they must still be attached to my account. But could the owner of the parents then still name them and ruin my lore?
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
yeah I don't want the person exalting it is able to rename version either bc I regularly exalt babies unnamed en large qty during battles and I don't want pms from people asking me to "fix" that.

unnamed is a valid exalt style for speed with fewer clicks per dragon, want a dragon exalted only if named, name before selling.
yeah I don't want the person exalting it is able to rename version either bc I regularly exalt babies unnamed en large qty during battles and I don't want pms from people asking me to "fix" that.

unnamed is a valid exalt style for speed with fewer clicks per dragon, want a dragon exalted only if named, name before selling.
[quote name="FeatherForest" date="2019-07-12 12:06:22" ] The only way to see the exalt again is by the legacy links, available only to the dragons parents/children. Thus it wouldn't really effect whoever exalted them. [/quote]That's not quite accurate. Players can restore dragons that they have exalted. So allowing the original breeder to name/rename a dragon absolutely could effect them.
FeatherForest wrote on 2019-07-12 12:06:22:
The only way to see the exalt again is by the legacy links, available only to the dragons parents/children. Thus it wouldn't really effect whoever exalted them.
That's not quite accurate. Players can restore dragons that they have exalted. So allowing the original breeder to name/rename a dragon absolutely could effect them.
ZQGfAQY.png
When I started the game years and years ago, I bred my two progens and exalted the babies immediately without naming. Now at the top of the list I have 2 unnamed dragons. Since I exalted them, I feel as though, just like how I could return my exalted progen, I should be able to rename them. Unnameds are ugly imo. Otherwise why would so many people dislike having them in their lists.
When I started the game years and years ago, I bred my two progens and exalted the babies immediately without naming. Now at the top of the list I have 2 unnamed dragons. Since I exalted them, I feel as though, just like how I could return my exalted progen, I should be able to rename them. Unnameds are ugly imo. Otherwise why would so many people dislike having them in their lists.
y61dWJx.png
[quote=AstraLily]Unnameds are ugly imo.[/quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1943815] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/19439/1943815_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]This one strongly disagrees. This one does not need a name. This one does not need others to have a name. This one requests you leave her and her family alone.[/i][/center]
AstraLily wrote:
Unnameds are ugly imo.

1943815_350.png

This one strongly disagrees.
This one does not need a name.
This one does not need others to have a name.
This one requests you leave her and her family alone.
[quote name="AstraLily" date="2019-07-12 12:33:59" ] When I started the game years and years ago, I bred my two progens and exalted the babies immediately without naming. Now at the top of the list I have 2 unnamed dragons. Since I exalted them, I feel as though, just like how I could return my exalted progen, I should be able to rename them. Unnameds are ugly imo. Otherwise why would so many people dislike having them in their lists. [/quote] Most of the time, I think it is more the psychological idea of 'this baby didn't get a name before being booted!' rather than it being ugly, because other wise, why aren't there more threads about removing names such as fartsniffer (I saw exalted dragons with this name) or asdfh or ASDGHIEA or HEYHEREIAM or any other number of names that could be considered ugly? If the default name were Fred, then there would be threads about 'rename dragons that are named FRED', or susan, or unknown, or any other default name. while you may consider that name ugly, and many others might, most of the time? it is not the motivating factor.
AstraLily wrote on 2019-07-12 12:33:59:
Most of the time, I think it is more the psychological idea of 'this baby didn't get a name before being booted!' rather than it being ugly, because other wise, why aren't there more threads about removing names such as fartsniffer (I saw exalted dragons with this name) or asdfh or ASDGHIEA or HEYHEREIAM or any other number of names that could be considered ugly?

If the default name were Fred, then there would be threads about 'rename dragons that are named FRED', or susan, or unknown, or any other default name.

while you may consider that name ugly, and many others might, most of the time? it is not the motivating factor.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I'd to be able to rename dragons I've exalted, though. Within the fifteen day window we can unexalt would be fine.
I'd to be able to rename dragons I've exalted, though. Within the fifteen day window we can unexalt would be fine.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7