Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | dark theme.
1 2 3
[quote name="Silvershade" date="2019-06-28 14:14:37" ] @/BayoDino I found a chrome extension that will do this for you https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en I tried it out and it makes the site looks like poo but you can edit that a bit.. [/quote] Unfortunately, plug ins like these are against the ToS. Which is a bit silly if you ask me, but there it is. And honestly, themes is something they should invest in as a way to add rewards for gameplay. Make dark and light mode default, then add different site themes, such as one for every element, to be found via gameplay... like vistas.
Silvershade wrote on 2019-06-28 14:14:37:
@/BayoDino

I found a chrome extension that will do this for you

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en

I tried it out and it makes the site looks like poo but you can edit that a bit..

Unfortunately, plug ins like these are against the ToS. Which is a bit silly if you ask me, but there it is.

And honestly, themes is something they should invest in as a way to add rewards for gameplay. Make dark and light mode default, then add different site themes, such as one for every element, to be found via gameplay... like vistas.
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
@Varric

please change the ping to @/bayodino to don't notice anyone mistaken. xD

why not pinging @Silvershade ?
@Varric

please change the ping to @/bayodino to don't notice anyone mistaken. xD

why not pinging @Silvershade ?
He/They
@BayoDino

Oh, my bad. I forgot to take the ping out of the post as I was writing it. I didn't intend to ping you, and didn't want to ping the other person since I was just quoting them and adding to the conversation via their quote (to let people know that doing what they suggested is technically against the site's ToS). Sorry about that!
@BayoDino

Oh, my bad. I forgot to take the ping out of the post as I was writing it. I didn't intend to ping you, and didn't want to ping the other person since I was just quoting them and adding to the conversation via their quote (to let people know that doing what they suggested is technically against the site's ToS). Sorry about that!
Support 100%. My eyes hurt a lot when viewing bright white sites (and bright lights in general offline).
Support 100%. My eyes hurt a lot when viewing bright white sites (and bright lights in general offline).
teDOJBY.png
iuEBSJ3.png
o7ZCFYm.png
owowowowow
RDt6LqI.png
8FIEPx6.png
iwSVXVM.png

@Varric

I don't think it is, it doesn't give anyone an unfair atvantage since it just changes the BG colors in forums ans such on every website.

Everyone also has access to it since all computers can run chromium

I mean we can always ask, though I'm pretty sure it would be silly if someone was banned for changing their own forum view to look black
@Varric

I don't think it is, it doesn't give anyone an unfair atvantage since it just changes the BG colors in forums ans such on every website.

Everyone also has access to it since all computers can run chromium

I mean we can always ask, though I'm pretty sure it would be silly if someone was banned for changing their own forum view to look black
@Silvershade Yeah, I think it's silly too. But from the ToU -- [quote]12. The use of bots, scripts, or third party software that shortcut or alter site functions to run or [b]appear in ways that are not intended by site design[/b] is not permitted. (Updated 11/26/2013)[/quote] Chromium/Stylish/Whatever are technically third party softwares that use scripts to change the color of sites and is [i]technically[/i] against the rules. There's no real way to prove someone is using one, however, so if you don't show people screenshots of you using it no one would know. Would someone ACTUALLY get banned over the use of one of these programs to give their game a dark mode? I don't know. But that doesn't mean it isn't against the rules.
@Silvershade

Yeah, I think it's silly too. But from the ToU --

Quote:
12. The use of bots, scripts, or third party software that shortcut or alter site functions to run or appear in ways that are not intended by site design is not permitted. (Updated 11/26/2013)

Chromium/Stylish/Whatever are technically third party softwares that use scripts to change the color of sites and is technically against the rules. There's no real way to prove someone is using one, however, so if you don't show people screenshots of you using it no one would know. Would someone ACTUALLY get banned over the use of one of these programs to give their game a dark mode? I don't know. But that doesn't mean it isn't against the rules.
@Hypreus
Hey, just so you know, add ons are against site rules. It's partially because of an incident where the creator of the addon was able to hack into people's accounts who used it and stole their stuff, so be wary. It's better to just be safe and not use them than risk your account and everything on it.
@Hypreus
Hey, just so you know, add ons are against site rules. It's partially because of an incident where the creator of the addon was able to hack into people's accounts who used it and stole their stuff, so be wary. It's better to just be safe and not use them than risk your account and everything on it.
t00QRwj.png rOVa8hM.png 6260.png
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
Adopt shop zAddafE.gifGI49w5A.gif
+3 FR time
I will support this every time it comes up, especially while other solutions are left against TOS
I will support this every time it comes up, especially while other solutions are left against TOS
wq9PoXA.png
Support! Support! Support!

Even made my own thread before knowing that this has been a problem for so long. I hope to see this after revamps ^^
Support! Support! Support!

Even made my own thread before knowing that this has been a problem for so long. I hope to see this after revamps ^^
zSKdav4.png
SUPPORT.
SUPPORT.
image0.gif • mays / mayshire / may
• +3 FR time | EST / EDT
• she/her they/them is fine!
• sales tab here! ^^
image0.gif
1 2 3