Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Block/Hide Threads
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@NightRising

Definitely, I agree! I'd prefer there to be no indication that it was there when hidden, but I'd love an option to unblock via account settings!

However, I can see that causing some confusion if the blocker didn't notice initially, a possible solution to prevent accidents is double confirmation, perhaps?

@NightRising

Definitely, I agree! I'd prefer there to be no indication that it was there when hidden, but I'd love an option to unblock via account settings!

However, I can see that causing some confusion if the blocker didn't notice initially, a possible solution to prevent accidents is double confirmation, perhaps?

frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
I usually stay out of FRD - but sometimes when I'm doing a lot of grinding in the coli I'll pop over there for a break. And every time I do I desperately wish for this. I'd love to be able to hide so many continually irritating topics. Like every whiny, guilt-trippy, self righteous "why would someone exalt blahblah!?!?!?!?!" thread so I don't have to see people throwing thinly veiled tantrums over exalts that are none of their business.
Especially since half of them have vague titles that I end up clicking on multiple times and being repeatedly annoyed by.

Please staff, for the sake of forum harmony, can we have a way to hide the stuff that bugs us?
I usually stay out of FRD - but sometimes when I'm doing a lot of grinding in the coli I'll pop over there for a break. And every time I do I desperately wish for this. I'd love to be able to hide so many continually irritating topics. Like every whiny, guilt-trippy, self righteous "why would someone exalt blahblah!?!?!?!?!" thread so I don't have to see people throwing thinly veiled tantrums over exalts that are none of their business.
Especially since half of them have vague titles that I end up clicking on multiple times and being repeatedly annoyed by.

Please staff, for the sake of forum harmony, can we have a way to hide the stuff that bugs us?
I'd love this to be a thing. There's been at least one time that I blocked someone simply as a reminder not to enter their threads, as they had such generic titles I didn't always remember that I had already seen that thread and I did not want to see it again. But it felt like an overreaction, because I did not care whether I did business with them - I just didn't share their sense of humor and was annoyed by accidentally entering their threads, and it happened entirely too often.

There's certain threads I'd rather not see. They're not against the rules, and other people have plenty of fun in them. Once I've verified that I'm not interested, I would like to be able to hide it so I don't click on it again after forgetting what it was.
I'd love this to be a thing. There's been at least one time that I blocked someone simply as a reminder not to enter their threads, as they had such generic titles I didn't always remember that I had already seen that thread and I did not want to see it again. But it felt like an overreaction, because I did not care whether I did business with them - I just didn't share their sense of humor and was annoyed by accidentally entering their threads, and it happened entirely too often.

There's certain threads I'd rather not see. They're not against the rules, and other people have plenty of fun in them. Once I've verified that I'm not interested, I would like to be able to hide it so I don't click on it again after forgetting what it was.
[quote name="Before" date="2019-12-17 19:06:11" ] There's certain threads I'd rather not see. They're not against the rules, and other people have plenty of fun in them. Once I've verified that I'm not interested, I would like to be able to hide it so I don't click on it again after forgetting what it was. [/quote] This speaks my mind.
Before wrote on 2019-12-17 19:06:11:
This speaks my mind.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
As I mentioned before, this would be perfect for someone like me. I fully support.
As I mentioned before, this would be perfect for someone like me. I fully support.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
[quote name="buggy101" date="2020-01-10 19:30:46" ] [quote name="Before" date="2019-12-17 19:06:11" ] There's certain threads I'd rather not see. They're not against the rules, and other people have plenty of fun in them. Once I've verified that I'm not interested, I would like to be able to hide it so I don't click on it again after forgetting what it was. [/quote] This speaks my mind. [/quote] Yes. Same. Support.
buggy101 wrote on 2020-01-10 19:30:46:
Before wrote on 2019-12-17 19:06:11:
This speaks my mind.
Yes. Same. Support.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
If I haven't already supported this, let me offer my support. And if I have supported this, LET ME SUPPORT IT AGAIN, because hoo boy there are threads I would block immediately if this was a thing.
If I haven't already supported this, let me offer my support. And if I have supported this, LET ME SUPPORT IT AGAIN, because hoo boy there are threads I would block immediately if this was a thing.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="buggy101" date="2019-06-18 07:08:32" ] [quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2019-06-10 16:15:39" ] Support. It would be useful not just for avoiding people/threads you find unpleasant, but also just to better curate your own view of the forums. Thread about something you really don't care about that's constantly getting replies and moving back to the top? Hide it! And now (if they are fully hidden and not just a placeholder put up) you've got one more slot on the forum page available for things you actually care about to show. Active thread in one of the sales sections by someone that you don't dislike or have any issue with but you don't like their art/prices/whatever? Hide their thread. Problem solved. Now you don't have to scroll past and ignore the thread (which means you have to recognize and remember each time you see it that it's one you want to avoid for whatever reason, so that is not a zero effort solution) that you have no interest in seeing or participating in. As long as there is a place you can go to find them and unhide a thread if you want to, or a search filter for "hidden" threads so you can access them if necessary it wouldn't hurt much of anything and would be helpful. [/quote] You took the words right out of my mouth. [/quote] I could definitely do without seeing reoccurring threads that I just don’t want to see anymore. I’m all in for this one
buggy101 wrote on 2019-06-18 07:08:32:
PersimmonBird wrote on 2019-06-10 16:15:39:
Support. It would be useful not just for avoiding people/threads you find unpleasant, but also just to better curate your own view of the forums.

Thread about something you really don't care about that's constantly getting replies and moving back to the top? Hide it! And now (if they are fully hidden and not just a placeholder put up) you've got one more slot on the forum page available for things you actually care about to show.

Active thread in one of the sales sections by someone that you don't dislike or have any issue with but you don't like their art/prices/whatever? Hide their thread. Problem solved.
Now you don't have to scroll past and ignore the thread (which means you have to recognize and remember each time you see it that it's one you want to avoid for whatever reason, so that is not a zero effort solution) that you have no interest in seeing or participating in.

As long as there is a place you can go to find them and unhide a thread if you want to, or a search filter for "hidden" threads so you can access them if necessary it wouldn't hurt much of anything and would be helpful.
You took the words right out of my mouth.
I could definitely do without seeing reoccurring threads that I just don’t want to see anymore. I’m all in for this one
I love you staff and thank you so much for the eye update 2.0! I cannot thank you enough for this!
I completely support. There's often LOTS of threads, mainly in the non-fr discussion forums, that discuss something distressing to me or cause me discomfort. I literally never touch the non-fr discussion forums at all for this reason, which is disappointing because sometimes I do like topics in there... So for people like me who would feel more safe and comfortable in the community with the ability to hids threads, I support this suggestion.
I completely support. There's often LOTS of threads, mainly in the non-fr discussion forums, that discuss something distressing to me or cause me discomfort. I literally never touch the non-fr discussion forums at all for this reason, which is disappointing because sometimes I do like topics in there... So for people like me who would feel more safe and comfortable in the community with the ability to hids threads, I support this suggestion.
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
I still support and agree with this :-) [quote name="Rainbeetle" date="2020-11-06 02:37:15" ] I completely support. There's often LOTS of threads, mainly in the non-fr discussion forums, that discuss something distressing to me or cause me discomfort. I literally never touch the non-fr discussion forums at all for this reason, which is disappointing because sometimes I do like topics in there... So for people like me who would feel more safe and comfortable in the community with the ability to hids threads, I support this suggestion. [/quote] Ahh I'm sorry to hear that and I understand what you mean. I hope that this suggestion is implemented in the future.
I still support and agree with this :-)
Rainbeetle wrote on 2020-11-06 02:37:15:

Ahh I'm sorry to hear that and I understand what you mean. I hope that this suggestion is implemented in the future.
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11