Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Block/Hide Threads
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Support from me! FRD can have a lot of "meme"y/spammy/nonsensical posts, and a lot of them have vague enough titles that I don't remember I've already clicked on them. I don't like blocking players just for posting spammy content, especially since I'm willing to bet a lot of players doing that are just young. This would be a great solution - I wouldn't have to see these threads, and I wouldn't feel bad for blocking players.
Support from me! FRD can have a lot of "meme"y/spammy/nonsensical posts, and a lot of them have vague enough titles that I don't remember I've already clicked on them. I don't like blocking players just for posting spammy content, especially since I'm willing to bet a lot of players doing that are just young. This would be a great solution - I wouldn't have to see these threads, and I wouldn't feel bad for blocking players.
6ntc1cC.jpg
Support, I spend half of my time on here scrolling the forums and would like to be able to block the ones that keep going that I have no interest in.

I mean, you can sub to threads, why not be able to hide them so you can find ones you like?
Support, I spend half of my time on here scrolling the forums and would like to be able to block the ones that keep going that I have no interest in.

I mean, you can sub to threads, why not be able to hide them so you can find ones you like?
He/Him
Trans/Pansexual
Work full-time, not on until evenings!
I definitely support this. My mental state is almost always very fragile, and seeing certain threads is harmful to it. I would like to get more enjoyment from certain areas to the site via hiding threads. I would also like a feature that would hide all threads posted by a blocked user, for the same reasons.
I definitely support this. My mental state is almost always very fragile, and seeing certain threads is harmful to it. I would like to get more enjoyment from certain areas to the site via hiding threads. I would also like a feature that would hide all threads posted by a blocked user, for the same reasons.
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
@Deathstalker

Thank you for the support!

I would also like a feature that automatically hides threads made by blocked users, provided it is optional - I know some folks have people blocked because of reasons totally unrelated to forum interaction (say, an issue during a sale) that wouldn't necessarily have anything against that person posting on the forums. Then again, the content of their posts aren't visible to begin with when they're blocked, so I guess it wouldn't make a huge difference besides hiding them away if even being aware of their presence triggers negative emotions.

I digress; I suggested this for the same reason - my mental health is in a fragile place right now and some threads effect my mood for the worse and severely hinder my enjoyment of the forums. It isn't that I am against the threads in question, but seeing them just isn't healthy, so I'd like a way to avoid them completely, preferably without a reminder.

@Deathstalker

Thank you for the support!

I would also like a feature that automatically hides threads made by blocked users, provided it is optional - I know some folks have people blocked because of reasons totally unrelated to forum interaction (say, an issue during a sale) that wouldn't necessarily have anything against that person posting on the forums. Then again, the content of their posts aren't visible to begin with when they're blocked, so I guess it wouldn't make a huge difference besides hiding them away if even being aware of their presence triggers negative emotions.

I digress; I suggested this for the same reason - my mental health is in a fragile place right now and some threads effect my mood for the worse and severely hinder my enjoyment of the forums. It isn't that I am against the threads in question, but seeing them just isn't healthy, so I'd like a way to avoid them completely, preferably without a reminder.

frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
Oh yes, I absolutely should have added, I'd like all of these theoretical features to be optional ^u^ It would just make the most sense and be the most fair for everyone.

Thanks so much for your thoughtful reply, and I hope that your mental health finds a better place soon <3

Oh yes, I absolutely should have added, I'd like all of these theoretical features to be optional ^u^ It would just make the most sense and be the most fair for everyone.

Thanks so much for your thoughtful reply, and I hope that your mental health finds a better place soon <3

7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
@MunchkinLynx [color=15478b][i]So sorry for the belated reply! I completely overlooked it. [emoji=heart size=1] Oh yes, as mentioned above more customizability would be great - don't want to see a blocked person's post? Tick a box! Just want to hide the thread alone? Go ahead! Etc. etc. That would likely mean tying the feature into users' block list, which I don't see as a problem as long as you can choose whose posts are blocked and whose aren't.[/i] [/color]
@MunchkinLynx

So sorry for the belated reply! I completely overlooked it.

Oh yes, as mentioned above more customizability would be great - don't want to see a blocked person's post? Tick a box! Just want to hide the thread alone? Go ahead! Etc. etc.

That would likely mean tying the feature into users' block list, which I don't see as a problem as long as you can choose whose posts are blocked and whose aren't.

frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
[quote name="TheWorshipOnes" date="2019-10-18 07:12:22" ] I mean, you can sub to threads, why not be able to hide them so you can find ones you like? [/quote] Big agree.
TheWorshipOnes wrote on 2019-10-18 07:12:22:
Big agree.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
Support! Always good to have more features that improve QoL like this.
Support! Always good to have more features that improve QoL like this.
LklXAGK.png
This would be super useful! Although mostly because I'd end up using it more as a "I've already seen this thread and I don't need to look at it again" function, since currently threads we've already seen aren't distinguished in any way, and I never remember which confusingly-named Discussion threads or which hatcheries and dragon auctions I've already checked out.
This would be super useful! Although mostly because I'd end up using it more as a "I've already seen this thread and I don't need to look at it again" function, since currently threads we've already seen aren't distinguished in any way, and I never remember which confusingly-named Discussion threads or which hatcheries and dragon auctions I've already checked out.
if you could "unhide" them too then i support!

like reddit comments: you're able to "collapse" them. but open them again if you do it by accident or change your mind.
if you could "unhide" them too then i support!

like reddit comments: you're able to "collapse" them. but open them again if you do it by accident or change your mind.
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11