Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Requiring naming your dragon to exalt it
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@HickoryDaisy
Thats , why you name your dragon before selling.

No support. I hate Unnamed myself, but I know better now and name them all beforehand. If you sold it, it's no longer your dragon and you can't do anything about it.
@HickoryDaisy
Thats , why you name your dragon before selling.

No support. I hate Unnamed myself, but I know better now and name them all beforehand. If you sold it, it's no longer your dragon and you can't do anything about it.
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
Oh god, here we go again with this topic...

1. I will never support a policy that says the breeder is more important than the buyer.

2. Please, people, before you make a new thread on suggestions, maybe check the forum archive to see if it hasn't already come up like 823838328329032101931 times already, huh?
Oh god, here we go again with this topic...

1. I will never support a policy that says the breeder is more important than the buyer.

2. Please, people, before you make a new thread on suggestions, maybe check the forum archive to see if it hasn't already come up like 823838328329032101931 times already, huh?
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="PurpleTartan" date="2019-02-13 16:46:14" ] [quote name="Valemora" date="2019-02-13 15:09:33" ] [quote]Excuse me but did you ever consider that some people might actually like unnamed exalts? Especially for lore?[/quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=552848] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5529/552848_350.png[/img] [/url] The Unnamed One comes out of his hibernation specifically to demonstrate that the phrase above is valid. He does not appreciate people trying to ruin the perfect naming pattern of his family. [/quote] I love The Unnamed One. Also I swear he looks spookier than when I last saw him. :'''D [emoji=familiar heart] [/quote] He does, for The Unnamed One is a constantly evolving being. I think. I'm not really sure. Anyway, as many others in this thread have stated, the simple way to ensure you don't get unnamed offspring in your lists is to name them before you sell them. Boom. Problem solved. Also I think it's hilarious when others name my babies to something completely ridiculous. I have about six Shadowbutts on my one dragon's offspring list and it makes me giggle every time.
PurpleTartan wrote on 2019-02-13 16:46:14:
Valemora wrote on 2019-02-13 15:09:33:
Quote:
Excuse me but did you ever consider that some people might actually like unnamed exalts? Especially for lore?

552848_350.png

The Unnamed One comes out of his hibernation specifically to demonstrate that the phrase above is valid. He does not appreciate people trying to ruin the perfect naming pattern of his family.

I love The Unnamed One. Also I swear he looks spookier than when I last saw him. :'''D

He does, for The Unnamed One is a constantly evolving being. I think. I'm not really sure.

Anyway, as many others in this thread have stated, the simple way to ensure you don't get unnamed offspring in your lists is to name them before you sell them. Boom. Problem solved. Also I think it's hilarious when others name my babies to something completely ridiculous. I have about six Shadowbutts on my one dragon's offspring list and it makes me giggle every time.
I seriously thought "Oh dear Tidelord again!?" Welcome to the "I should have used the Search Bar Show" Shout out to The Unnamed One always nice to see you spreading the good word.

No support. My dragons. My naming rights. Name your dragons before you sell them.
I seriously thought "Oh dear Tidelord again!?" Welcome to the "I should have used the Search Bar Show" Shout out to The Unnamed One always nice to see you spreading the good word.

No support. My dragons. My naming rights. Name your dragons before you sell them.
Stuff will one day go here.
No support.

If you care so much, either take that second to use the random name generator that we have on-site and be done with this "issue" or just don't sell/breed.

Trying to shift the blame on buyer's shoulders is so low when you already have the tools on hand to do the job yourself and guarantee you don't get unnamed exalts on your offspring lists. Just because you are lazy doesn't mean you get to then scream "OMG you left it unnamed" at the buyer after they exalt.

not in your lair = none of your business
No support.

If you care so much, either take that second to use the random name generator that we have on-site and be done with this "issue" or just don't sell/breed.

Trying to shift the blame on buyer's shoulders is so low when you already have the tools on hand to do the job yourself and guarantee you don't get unnamed exalts on your offspring lists. Just because you are lazy doesn't mean you get to then scream "OMG you left it unnamed" at the buyer after they exalt.

not in your lair = none of your business
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
no support at all

Name your dragons before you list them instead of trying to shift the blame to other people. Not to mention some people exalted unnamed dragons for lore purposes.
no support at all

Name your dragons before you list them instead of trying to shift the blame to other people. Not to mention some people exalted unnamed dragons for lore purposes.
615i00.png
Fr blog | Adopts | Skins
Fr + 0
oru7s0.png
I believe you should take responsibility for your own decision to sell your dragons unnamed.
I believe you should take responsibility for your own decision to sell your dragons unnamed.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
[emoji=coatl deadpan]Nope. A sold dragon is no longer yours, and you have no say in what the dragon's name will or will not be. If you're concerned about lore or pretty lists, maybe you should organize a thread for selling the offspring, because trusting the AH to abide by your rules is just going to disappoint you more often than not. And as some pointed out, sometimes a named dragon gets renamed, sometimes to something even more ridiculous.
Nope. A sold dragon is no longer yours, and you have no say in what the dragon's name will or will not be. If you're concerned about lore or pretty lists, maybe you should organize a thread for selling the offspring, because trusting the AH to abide by your rules is just going to disappoint you more often than not. And as some pointed out, sometimes a named dragon gets renamed, sometimes to something even more ridiculous.
iuEBSJ3.png
Ljw7JvQ.png
o7ZCFYm.png
CTuU1r6.png oaolHwW.png
oNrZjs5.png
gYW0j5f.png
YMPbu9R.png transcatcher.png
So... I've been offline for a while and don't totally get why there's debate? But I see a lot of people saying that if it bothers me so much, I should just name the dragon before I sell it. But that seems really rude? I'm about ten times less likely to buy a dragon that's already named, it would have to be exactly what I'm looking for and fairly cheap, and I doubt I'm the only one. In other words, your solution makes no sense to me.
So... I've been offline for a while and don't totally get why there's debate? But I see a lot of people saying that if it bothers me so much, I should just name the dragon before I sell it. But that seems really rude? I'm about ten times less likely to buy a dragon that's already named, it would have to be exactly what I'm looking for and fairly cheap, and I doubt I'm the only one. In other words, your solution makes no sense to me.
I'm finally back!
[quote name="@HickoryDaisy" date="2019-02-14 15:10:42" ] So... I've been offline for a while and don't totally get why there's debate? But I see a lot of people saying that if it bothers me so much, I should just name the dragon before I sell it. But that seems really rude? I'm about ten times less likely to buy a dragon that's already named, it would have to be exactly what I'm looking for and fairly cheap, and I doubt I'm the only one. In other words, your solution makes no sense to me. [/quote] I am guessing you don't know that you can rename dragons since you're new :D [item=scroll of renaming] They're usually less than 6000 treasure in the auction house! Of course you probably wouldn't want to use it on fodder dragons but if you've bought a name dragon you're planning on keeping in your lair then 5000-6000t isn't a lot :3 Also there's nothing rude about naming a dragon before you sell it! Many polls have shown most people don't mind named dragons and in fact you're doing exalter a favor by naming them :3 it also means your dragons won't be exalted unnamed- or if they're not exalted and the buyer doesn't like the name, they can spend 6000t to rename it :3
@HickoryDaisy wrote on 2019-02-14 15:10:42:

I am guessing you don't know that you can rename dragons since you're new :D
Scroll of Renaming
They're usually less than 6000 treasure in the auction house! Of course you probably wouldn't want to use it on fodder dragons but if you've bought a name dragon you're planning on keeping in your lair then 5000-6000t isn't a lot :3

Also there's nothing rude about naming a dragon before you sell it! Many polls have shown most people don't mind named dragons and in fact you're doing exalter a favor by naming them :3 it also means your dragons won't be exalted unnamed- or if they're not exalted and the buyer doesn't like the name, they can spend 6000t to rename it :3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8