Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [ART] Practical Aquatic Apparel
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
[quote name="DemonKid" date="2019-01-12 08:11:23" ] Support for all but one single item. No harpoon, not sure how that’s exist in game since we don’t have weapons like that. Maybe another spear? [/quote] I'm pretty sure if you showed the Lightning Flight a prototype harpoon, they could probably make one.
DemonKid wrote on 2019-01-12 08:11:23:
Support for all but one single item. No harpoon, not sure how that’s exist in game since we don’t have weapons like that. Maybe another spear?

I'm pretty sure if you showed the Lightning Flight a prototype harpoon, they could probably make one.
J8Ks7hu.gifvjHxXR9.pngqhK4FYS.pngNlmYDAS.pngwh3Tiip.pngbYt72YT.pngQUIpVFE.png2VtxnMX.pngtZQ0VBu.pngjbMLSIO.png4SVfFPD.pngqeWy3Ik.pngLIsmQsQ.png
You know, one of the things I like about these, aside from the fact they're just fantastic, is they can be used to imply trade between regions in Sornieth. It makes sense that sea based items -shells, pearls, coral, seaglass, shark teeth etc are going to be popular trade goods, that's certainly been true for humans. They'd likely be desirable and sought out particularly in areas without a great deal of direct contact with the oceans. So even regions that don't have much influence from the Water flight could still be eager trade partners for apparel and goods coming from watery sources.

You know, one of the things I like about these, aside from the fact they're just fantastic, is they can be used to imply trade between regions in Sornieth. It makes sense that sea based items -shells, pearls, coral, seaglass, shark teeth etc are going to be popular trade goods, that's certainly been true for humans. They'd likely be desirable and sought out particularly in areas without a great deal of direct contact with the oceans. So even regions that don't have much influence from the Water flight could still be eager trade partners for apparel and goods coming from watery sources.

@Bluebrine this would be amazing event items and i would love to see it and would defiantly buy it.
@Bluebrine this would be amazing event items and i would love to see it and would defiantly buy it.
99catfish_zpsd8a90dbb.gif
well it's been a while folks, but i finally updated this suggestion! i realized i never actually sent it in through the 'contact us' form directly, so i figured i should do that. ended up rewording the base suggestion to be more clear (about the fact its not a 'water flight' only suggestion, etc.) so i'm bumping the thread now.

also added some descriptions & reference images for some of the apparel concepts! hopefully makes where some of the tools/ weapons are coming from more clear.

aaaand added an up-front listing of all the great suggestions i've seen discussed in this thread! i'll try to draw some of them in the future, thank for all the creative ideas guys ^^ anybody have any more suggestions they'd like me to add/ draw?
well it's been a while folks, but i finally updated this suggestion! i realized i never actually sent it in through the 'contact us' form directly, so i figured i should do that. ended up rewording the base suggestion to be more clear (about the fact its not a 'water flight' only suggestion, etc.) so i'm bumping the thread now.

also added some descriptions & reference images for some of the apparel concepts! hopefully makes where some of the tools/ weapons are coming from more clear.

aaaand added an up-front listing of all the great suggestions i've seen discussed in this thread! i'll try to draw some of them in the future, thank for all the creative ideas guys ^^ anybody have any more suggestions they'd like me to add/ draw?
kDetLAz.png5utJSlY.png
This may be the coolest apparel I’ve ever seen. I’d love to see more profession specific gear, as well as some more vulture culturey apparel
This may be the coolest apparel I’ve ever seen. I’d love to see more profession specific gear, as well as some more vulture culturey apparel
Support support support
Support support support
66.png
So much support you have no idea :O
Love love LOVE the seagulls and fish basket!
So much support you have no idea :O
Love love LOVE the seagulls and fish basket!
66MHIIb.png
Support 100000%.
Tidepapa would be proud.
Support 100000%.
Tidepapa would be proud.
sEL0vsk.pngLpK8Dtd.pngOxZzz8f.pngDK3myz2.png2cTkcBq.png
Given the current Dragon Share theme is "Anglers" aka dragons who fish, it sure would be nice to have some actual apparel that fits the theme.
Given the current Dragon Share theme is "Anglers" aka dragons who fish, it sure would be nice to have some actual apparel that fits the theme.
@PersimmonBird Oh man, I literally thought the same thing when I saw this week's theme, haha [emoji=guardian tongue size=1] Like, I enjoy the variety of themes, but there's not a lot of apparel to work off of here guys. (Even the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2881239]title image[/url]- yeah, I [i]suppose[/i] that could be a fisherman? Only cause they told us so, lol.) Please, staff, just give us fishing poles/ net bundles at least. They'd be so useful [emoji=guardian sad size=1] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/media/heeeere-fishie-fishie-fishie.png[/img] .... On another note, the bamboo sedge hat + seashell mantle combo [i]is[/i] giving me an apparel idea. It resembles traditional cormorant fisherman attire- like [url=https://mymodernmet.com/peter-yan-travel-photography-china/]these famous pictures linked here by photographer Peter Yan[/url]. I mean, we already explicitly have fishing cormorants on site, with baskets and fish- why not expand that role into apparel? I'd love to have some seabird companions for my dragons, personally! [emoji=guardian happy size=1] ([s]Totally adding this idea to the drawing list, lol.....[/s]) [item=lakelight weaver] [item=rosy lake cormorant] [url=https://mymodernmet.com/peter-yan-travel-photography-china/][img]https://mymodernmet.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/peter-yan-travel-photography-china-3.jpg[/img][/url]
@PersimmonBird

Oh man, I literally thought the same thing when I saw this week's theme, haha
Like, I enjoy the variety of themes, but there's not a lot of apparel to work off of here guys. (Even the title image- yeah, I suppose that could be a fisherman? Only cause they told us so, lol.)

Please, staff, just give us fishing poles/ net bundles at least. They'd be so useful

heeeere-fishie-fishie-fishie.png

.... On another note, the bamboo sedge hat + seashell mantle combo is giving me an apparel idea. It resembles traditional cormorant fisherman attire- like these famous pictures linked here by photographer Peter Yan.

I mean, we already explicitly have fishing cormorants on site, with baskets and fish- why not expand that role into apparel? I'd love to have some seabird companions for my dragons, personally!

(Totally adding this idea to the drawing list, lol.....)

Lakelight Weaver Rosy Lake Cormorant

peter-yan-travel-photography-china-3.jpg

kDetLAz.png5utJSlY.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11