Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Scattersights brought back once a year?
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Support because I sadly came back from hiatus after the event had ended and missed any chance to get vials. I would love a chance to be able to actually get them without spending a bunch of money on ah.
Support because I sadly came back from hiatus after the event had ended and missed any chance to get vials. I would love a chance to be able to actually get them without spending a bunch of money on ah.
DistinctPiercingBillygoat-small.gif tenor.gif
I strongly SUPPORT!!!

I mean, many of us has lots of permababies who didn't had a chance, so yes!
I strongly SUPPORT!!!

I mean, many of us has lots of permababies who didn't had a chance, so yes!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa earthanim4.gif ePOliyb.png
04PIMth.png
oxDm2Un.png
earthanim3.gif aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I'd hate to see this topic lose momentum so I'm giving it a helpful bump [emoji=fae winking]
I'd hate to see this topic lose momentum so I'm giving it a helpful bump
aT3bm11.jpg
As posts have already been removed: If you want to discuss game-play mechanisms or specific eye types, that's the purpose of this forum. However, per our existing policies, targeted commentary or feedback that's largely about employees/the team will be removed. This also includes any post quoting those comments.

As posts have already been removed: If you want to discuss game-play mechanisms or specific eye types, that's the purpose of this forum. However, per our existing policies, targeted commentary or feedback that's largely about employees/the team will be removed. This also includes any post quoting those comments.

Support.
Support.
Now that they've released Goat eyes, and those eyes aren't even available to be obtained with Scattersights, I think this has become even more important. I was always wanting scattersights to return, but now I think they need to. Making breedable eye types completely locked from older dragons is one of the worst decisions staff has ever made. It's small things like this that break my trust in the site. I was starting to become happy with them again, feeling like "sure, some decisions are dumb, but they aren't horrible." Then we get stuff like this recent update. And now I'm feeling wary again. I hadn't felt a sense of complete trust with the staff in probably years, and I was starting to think they were finally back on track. NOPE.

People in this thread have already made some brilliant points. Having breeding be the only means for some eye types, especially rare ones, is absurd. Locking eyes from a large group of dragons is absurd. Basically, retiring scattersights AND locking only some of the breeding eyes to them is such a blow in the face to older players.

I think it makes perfect and logical sense to bring them back once a year for about a week during their yearly site anniversary. That's when they first arrived, and it just feels like a nice match for a year-based celebration.
Now that they've released Goat eyes, and those eyes aren't even available to be obtained with Scattersights, I think this has become even more important. I was always wanting scattersights to return, but now I think they need to. Making breedable eye types completely locked from older dragons is one of the worst decisions staff has ever made. It's small things like this that break my trust in the site. I was starting to become happy with them again, feeling like "sure, some decisions are dumb, but they aren't horrible." Then we get stuff like this recent update. And now I'm feeling wary again. I hadn't felt a sense of complete trust with the staff in probably years, and I was starting to think they were finally back on track. NOPE.

People in this thread have already made some brilliant points. Having breeding be the only means for some eye types, especially rare ones, is absurd. Locking eyes from a large group of dragons is absurd. Basically, retiring scattersights AND locking only some of the breeding eyes to them is such a blow in the face to older players.

I think it makes perfect and logical sense to bring them back once a year for about a week during their yearly site anniversary. That's when they first arrived, and it just feels like a nice match for a year-based celebration.
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
Please, please let us have a way to get the new eyes on old dragons! This is so frustrating. I have spent so much time and actual money on my dragons - why am i being punished for liking them better than new dragons?
Please, please let us have a way to get the new eyes on old dragons! This is so frustrating. I have spent so much time and actual money on my dragons - why am i being punished for liking them better than new dragons?
If we're not getting individual eye vials, then goat NEEDS to be added to the scattervial. And the scattervial should roughly always be obtainable. It could have gone in the Coli like Swirl did. Then players would have to work for it, but they could earn it. It could always be available at Baldwin but take 24-48 hours to brew. It could be a Swipp trade. There are options.

Please let players enjoy any and all new eyes on any and all existing dragons. Please.
If we're not getting individual eye vials, then goat NEEDS to be added to the scattervial. And the scattervial should roughly always be obtainable. It could have gone in the Coli like Swirl did. Then players would have to work for it, but they could earn it. It could always be available at Baldwin but take 24-48 hours to brew. It could be a Swipp trade. There are options.

Please let players enjoy any and all new eyes on any and all existing dragons. Please.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I think this is a good idea!

When it comes to gameplay, eye types don't do very much. Common-rare eyes don't affect the value of a dragon from what I can see. Eye types can't be passed down, so it doesn't affect dragon breeding. It's purely cosmetic, but cosmetics are huge when it comes to a site solely dedicated to people breeding and collecting dragons that are beautiful to them, and that's what gives scattersights their value. If scattersights were brought back, people would definitely buy them! If they were put in the gem marketplace (like scatterscrolls) and then made a cycled item (like WC scrolls), I feel like it would be a good source of revenue for the site. Since the scatters have that big RNG element, I feel like it would be fair for them to be a cheaper gem item if they were cycled so that people could get a chance to really stock up on them when they come around. Conversely, if they were implemented as a year-round item, I think it would be fair if they had a higher gem price.

Scatterscrolls are already an item, and they give you a chance to change the entire body of the dragon - which is a much bigger and more important change than eyes, especially since colors actually affect a dragon's value. You can actually breed for the colors you want without RNG, but staff has given us a chance to roll the dice for different colors anyway. Eyes are entirely RNG so it would make sense if you got more chances to roll the dice for them because there's no other way to get the outcome you want.

I've seen people posting here about how staff says that scattersights aren't part of their vision haha, vision, cause it's... you get it for the site, and I think that's an important thing to take into consideration in these discussions. I'm not staff so I don't know exactly what that vision is, but I can make a few guesses. I just hatched my first primal a couple days ago and seeing that hatchling was incredible. It was completely unexpected and an incredibly exciting surprise - and I think staff wants to nurture that feeling (again, the fact that there's nothing you can do to control hatchlings' eye types gives some evidence to that imo). But I feel that scattersights still keep that feeling since they have RNG with very similar odds! It would be even more exciting to get the eye type you want on a dragon you already love than on a random new hatchling.
I think this is a good idea!

When it comes to gameplay, eye types don't do very much. Common-rare eyes don't affect the value of a dragon from what I can see. Eye types can't be passed down, so it doesn't affect dragon breeding. It's purely cosmetic, but cosmetics are huge when it comes to a site solely dedicated to people breeding and collecting dragons that are beautiful to them, and that's what gives scattersights their value. If scattersights were brought back, people would definitely buy them! If they were put in the gem marketplace (like scatterscrolls) and then made a cycled item (like WC scrolls), I feel like it would be a good source of revenue for the site. Since the scatters have that big RNG element, I feel like it would be fair for them to be a cheaper gem item if they were cycled so that people could get a chance to really stock up on them when they come around. Conversely, if they were implemented as a year-round item, I think it would be fair if they had a higher gem price.

Scatterscrolls are already an item, and they give you a chance to change the entire body of the dragon - which is a much bigger and more important change than eyes, especially since colors actually affect a dragon's value. You can actually breed for the colors you want without RNG, but staff has given us a chance to roll the dice for different colors anyway. Eyes are entirely RNG so it would make sense if you got more chances to roll the dice for them because there's no other way to get the outcome you want.

I've seen people posting here about how staff says that scattersights aren't part of their vision haha, vision, cause it's... you get it for the site, and I think that's an important thing to take into consideration in these discussions. I'm not staff so I don't know exactly what that vision is, but I can make a few guesses. I just hatched my first primal a couple days ago and seeing that hatchling was incredible. It was completely unexpected and an incredibly exciting surprise - and I think staff wants to nurture that feeling (again, the fact that there's nothing you can do to control hatchlings' eye types gives some evidence to that imo). But I feel that scattersights still keep that feeling since they have RNG with very similar odds! It would be even more exciting to get the eye type you want on a dragon you already love than on a random new hatchling.

| She/Her |
|FR +3|
fkUgl3H.png
k2L5vHO.gifmxWs6gv.gif
pCxeH.gif
The thing is, feelings vary from player to player. When some people hatch that primal/multi/facet/goat baby, they feel a huge thrill. Other people feel little, shrug their shoulders, and move on. Some players have pairs they don't want rare eyes on or rare eyes they don't want in general. I have a pair I'm breeding to put the entire pokedex in their offspring list. I don't want rare eyes on those babies because all those hatchlings are immediately exalted. Some players feel body horror with multi and don't want to see it at all.

In another vein of feelings, some people feel massive senses of accomplishment when they work and work and then achieve their goals. Other people feel only frustration as they work towards a goal and in they end, they don't really feel accomplishment--all they feel is vague relief that they don't have to work for it any more.

So if the staff expects everyone to feel some type of happiness when the RNG smiles on them...that's an unreasonable expectation. These threads should show the staff that players have their own emotions and goals and expectations.

If the staff's aim is to truly capture that moment of happiness, then they need both breeding eyes for those who get happy from the RNG as well as cycling scattervials and individual eye vials for those who feel happiness from working hard.

At the very least, scattervials could be put in Roundsey fairly often.
The thing is, feelings vary from player to player. When some people hatch that primal/multi/facet/goat baby, they feel a huge thrill. Other people feel little, shrug their shoulders, and move on. Some players have pairs they don't want rare eyes on or rare eyes they don't want in general. I have a pair I'm breeding to put the entire pokedex in their offspring list. I don't want rare eyes on those babies because all those hatchlings are immediately exalted. Some players feel body horror with multi and don't want to see it at all.

In another vein of feelings, some people feel massive senses of accomplishment when they work and work and then achieve their goals. Other people feel only frustration as they work towards a goal and in they end, they don't really feel accomplishment--all they feel is vague relief that they don't have to work for it any more.

So if the staff expects everyone to feel some type of happiness when the RNG smiles on them...that's an unreasonable expectation. These threads should show the staff that players have their own emotions and goals and expectations.

If the staff's aim is to truly capture that moment of happiness, then they need both breeding eyes for those who get happy from the RNG as well as cycling scattervials and individual eye vials for those who feel happiness from working hard.

At the very least, scattervials could be put in Roundsey fairly often.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29