Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Legacy eye type
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58
Support!
So many of my beloved G1s changed for the worse thanks to this update :c I just want the old eyes back somehow lmao
Support!
So many of my beloved G1s changed for the worse thanks to this update :c I just want the old eyes back somehow lmao
FR +9 | NOA | THEY/THEM

G1 SALES THREAD * FREE NEST RENTAL
[quote name="Churrell" date="2018-06-10 18:10:51" ] Whatever it takes to get my original eyes back, please [/quote] [font=baskerville old face][size=4]This. I can live with the common eyes with most of my dragons, I can change flights to change what hatchlings will have, and I don't want to take away from what other people like and appreciate, but I want the option to have my progenitor have her original eyes back. Glass-eyed tundras aren't attractive, especially not on ones that you've had for 5 years.
Churrell wrote on 2018-06-10 18:10:51:
Whatever it takes to get my original eyes back, please

This. I can live with the common eyes with most of my dragons, I can change flights to change what hatchlings will have, and I don't want to take away from what other people like and appreciate, but I want the option to have my progenitor have her original eyes back. Glass-eyed tundras aren't attractive, especially not on ones that you've had for 5 years.
lmBVOQT.gif
We know who you are, we know everything about you
And we know where you live, oh, we know where you live...

Art Store
SNH9aOp.gif
Full support from me.
Old dragons being able to have their old eyes wouldn't affect anything negatively as eye types don't breed down, and as Lara8 said the primal eyes don't match the lineart and still exist- why not legacy eyes too?

It really sucks to have had a dragon for a long time and suddenly have them changed to fix something that never seemed to be a problem- I can't imagine how it is for the 5 year players
Full support from me.
Old dragons being able to have their old eyes wouldn't affect anything negatively as eye types don't breed down, and as Lara8 said the primal eyes don't match the lineart and still exist- why not legacy eyes too?

It really sucks to have had a dragon for a long time and suddenly have them changed to fix something that never seemed to be a problem- I can't imagine how it is for the 5 year players
As much as I dislike the idea of being forced to pay for an item to fix what (imo) never should have been changed to begin with, I would 100% do it.

I can learn to live with some of the changes, but as it stands now I can't even look at a good amount of my dragons without cringing and wishing they would look like themselves again.
As much as I dislike the idea of being forced to pay for an item to fix what (imo) never should have been changed to begin with, I would 100% do it.

I can learn to live with some of the changes, but as it stands now I can't even look at a good amount of my dragons without cringing and wishing they would look like themselves again.
HEEfBrK.png 6UvQBco.png WAOKY1a.png
Full support on this. Basically my thoughts since the update. A large number of people were very happy with the eyes how they were before, and they deserve a way to get them back.
Full support on this. Basically my thoughts since the update. A large number of people were very happy with the eyes how they were before, and they deserve a way to get them back.
Support, I was just thinking about this very same idea!

While most dragons look fine with the change, a few here and there completely skew the vibe of an existing dragon. An item to return to legacy eyes would be perfect. There are a ton of ways it could be quietly released in order to give players more options while also not confusing new players coming in post-update.

Some different suggestions on how legacy eye items could be given out:

1. Make it an unnatural eye type in the treasure marketplace. Keeping it in treasure would make it less likely that confused new players might pick it up expecting more of a change than it really is, as older players would snap it up with each restock. Would also be a hint to players that these eyes are a minor change, not something as dramatic as glowing.
2. Make it an unnatural type in the gem marketplace, but have it cycle in and out. Having it sitting there all year would make it seem too much like a normal eye type, when the only real point is to restore a few old dragons to their former look.
3. Make it an unnatural eye type in the gem marketplace even without cycling, because maybe having legacy eyes presented as just as important as the new varieties wouldn't be that big of a deal.
4. make it a high level brewable.

I'd suggest the item not be released via coli though. Most coli grinders just ground themselves sick trying to get scattersights, we need some time before more grinding events come up.
Support, I was just thinking about this very same idea!

While most dragons look fine with the change, a few here and there completely skew the vibe of an existing dragon. An item to return to legacy eyes would be perfect. There are a ton of ways it could be quietly released in order to give players more options while also not confusing new players coming in post-update.

Some different suggestions on how legacy eye items could be given out:

1. Make it an unnatural eye type in the treasure marketplace. Keeping it in treasure would make it less likely that confused new players might pick it up expecting more of a change than it really is, as older players would snap it up with each restock. Would also be a hint to players that these eyes are a minor change, not something as dramatic as glowing.
2. Make it an unnatural type in the gem marketplace, but have it cycle in and out. Having it sitting there all year would make it seem too much like a normal eye type, when the only real point is to restore a few old dragons to their former look.
3. Make it an unnatural eye type in the gem marketplace even without cycling, because maybe having legacy eyes presented as just as important as the new varieties wouldn't be that big of a deal.
4. make it a high level brewable.

I'd suggest the item not be released via coli though. Most coli grinders just ground themselves sick trying to get scattersights, we need some time before more grinding events come up.
The RNG taketh, and the RNG taketh more. The RNG does not give.
Hoard style apparel guide (!image heavy!)
Small art shop!
@ShiraCheshire

I'm 100% with you on not releasing it via coli, unless it was as a supplement to another source. If I never see another freaking pohip again it'll be too soon... x.x

I do think that it's fundamentally unfair if the vials are excessively difficult/pricey to acquire. Like a few people have said on this thread, it kind of leaves a bad taste to have to spend anything to reverse a change we had no say in, but we're willing to do it because okay, site art marches on, we get that. But specifically, I don't think "yes, we're willing to pay the staff for gems to revert a change made to our dragons by the staff" is a good precedent/message to set at all, unless they're just dirt cheap (10g or so). Making them brewable (as long as it's not too high a level) would be fair enough, though. Heck, I'd take them as a festival currency item ("The concentrated elemental magic in this vial negates the changes wrought by the Bounty of the Elements") but that does risk the point you raise about confusing new players.

I'm in agreement with the other part of your point 3, in that having the Legacy eyes be presented as just another equal option wouldn't be so bad. For a lot of people the differences really are so subtle it won't matter (and that's already an issue with some new types for certain flights/breeds anyway), and for cases where there is a big difference, I don't think it would break anything to have one 'easy' option. It could be the Stripes of the eye world.
@ShiraCheshire

I'm 100% with you on not releasing it via coli, unless it was as a supplement to another source. If I never see another freaking pohip again it'll be too soon... x.x

I do think that it's fundamentally unfair if the vials are excessively difficult/pricey to acquire. Like a few people have said on this thread, it kind of leaves a bad taste to have to spend anything to reverse a change we had no say in, but we're willing to do it because okay, site art marches on, we get that. But specifically, I don't think "yes, we're willing to pay the staff for gems to revert a change made to our dragons by the staff" is a good precedent/message to set at all, unless they're just dirt cheap (10g or so). Making them brewable (as long as it's not too high a level) would be fair enough, though. Heck, I'd take them as a festival currency item ("The concentrated elemental magic in this vial negates the changes wrought by the Bounty of the Elements") but that does risk the point you raise about confusing new players.

I'm in agreement with the other part of your point 3, in that having the Legacy eyes be presented as just another equal option wouldn't be so bad. For a lot of people the differences really are so subtle it won't matter (and that's already an issue with some new types for certain flights/breeds anyway), and for cases where there is a big difference, I don't think it would break anything to have one 'easy' option. It could be the Stripes of the eye world.
@Cryoflyte
On making players pay to revert the change: Maybe along with whatever release method was chosen, all existing accounts could also be handed a few free legacy items? Most players don't have more than a couple dragons they really need to revert, so that might go a long way.
@Cryoflyte
On making players pay to revert the change: Maybe along with whatever release method was chosen, all existing accounts could also be handed a few free legacy items? Most players don't have more than a couple dragons they really need to revert, so that might go a long way.
The RNG taketh, and the RNG taketh more. The RNG does not give.
Hoard style apparel guide (!image heavy!)
Small art shop!
A beautiful solution I support wholeheartedly. I would happily pay for these legacy eyes for my entire clan of ~4 years if it means they'll look like their old selves again. ;A;
A beautiful solution I support wholeheartedly. I would happily pay for these legacy eyes for my entire clan of ~4 years if it means they'll look like their old selves again. ;A;
@ShiraCheshire

That could work! It would be a nice middle ground, and people could at least fix their worst-off dragons right away.
@ShiraCheshire

That could work! It would be a nice middle ground, and people could at least fix their worst-off dragons right away.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58