Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | So I have a problem with multi-eye.
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16
Support

This update feels so poorly implemented and the lack of communication with players pre-update and post-update is really disappointing :/
Support

This update feels so poorly implemented and the lack of communication with players pre-update and post-update is really disappointing :/
fully support this

I can see how this can affect people and while I myself have no phobias, it's unfair to punish people and make them feel ill for the sake of a poorly implemented feature they will have no way of controlling anymore in 2 days. And the primal shadow and plague are just... weird.

The plague one just makes me squick with how it looks and it only really fits very few specific dragons with the way it was designed (honestly reminds me of one of those low budget sci fi/horror movies with the very obvious make up on actors...) and the shadow primal... I have mixed opinions on it. On one side I love the shadow aesthetic (I picked it for a reason), but on the other one, the goop-like body horror is just. Weird. It looks more like some weird dripping stuff frozen in place than actual goop.

I have some cool breeding projects I've been working on for so long, and it's completely unfair to ruin mine and so many people's projects for something they aren't allowed to control unlike breed, colors and genes. And what if the dragons I need to get for my dream dragon aren't mine and the other players don't want to sell them or let me borrow them? gene and breed scrolls are already expensive enough as it is, and most of them aren't even limited items.

Additionally, I'd suggest to take this a step further and add to the filters for lairs planned something to filter by breed, gene, etc. so if someone with tripophobia and such is looking at someone else's lair they don't have to risk a panic attack just by finding a multi gaze, primal or facet out of nowhere.
fully support this

I can see how this can affect people and while I myself have no phobias, it's unfair to punish people and make them feel ill for the sake of a poorly implemented feature they will have no way of controlling anymore in 2 days. And the primal shadow and plague are just... weird.

The plague one just makes me squick with how it looks and it only really fits very few specific dragons with the way it was designed (honestly reminds me of one of those low budget sci fi/horror movies with the very obvious make up on actors...) and the shadow primal... I have mixed opinions on it. On one side I love the shadow aesthetic (I picked it for a reason), but on the other one, the goop-like body horror is just. Weird. It looks more like some weird dripping stuff frozen in place than actual goop.

I have some cool breeding projects I've been working on for so long, and it's completely unfair to ruin mine and so many people's projects for something they aren't allowed to control unlike breed, colors and genes. And what if the dragons I need to get for my dream dragon aren't mine and the other players don't want to sell them or let me borrow them? gene and breed scrolls are already expensive enough as it is, and most of them aren't even limited items.

Additionally, I'd suggest to take this a step further and add to the filters for lairs planned something to filter by breed, gene, etc. so if someone with tripophobia and such is looking at someone else's lair they don't have to risk a panic attack just by finding a multi gaze, primal or facet out of nowhere.
Fae/ they-them / +2hrs fr time
No support. This whole issue is very confusing for me, being diagnosed with PTSD, having a serious phobia, and having gone through extensive therapy for both. One of the core things you do for phobias/PTSD is to give yourself exposure to the triggers. Hiding away anything that could possibly "trigger" you is the worst thing you could do. If simply looking at a picture, a cartoony one at that, acts as a trigger, you're not handling the disorder correctly. That would be the equivalent to me not being able to hear people yelling on TV because yelling irl puts me into "you're about to need to fight for your life" mode, it's ridiculous. Trying to alter how the site works instead of dealing with the phobia in a healthy manner isn't fair to everyone else.

These new eyes are tied to site lore. The magic of Sornieth has changed. Dragon eyes are very heavily tied to their magic so of course that would change too. It makes sense lore-wise for these changes to be random and uncontrollable. Just for my view on the matter; that's exactly what I love about this update. If they made a revert to common, and switched eyes to be obtainable elsewhere, they'd lose a ton of appeal to me. I want the challenge of not knowing what I'm going to get, and seeing how I could improve a dragon who got an eye type that I didn't really like.
There's also the fact that you can easily exalt or sell the dragon, or purchase the vial of glowing sight if it's that much of a bother. I would be really bummed if staff went back on this and changed things because of complaints. They didn't cave to the complaints for firefly, they didn't even acknowledge my complaints for tapir, they've stood their ground on so many controversial issues. Even if I'm on the side of wanting change, that's something I have immense respect for. I really hope they stand their ground here as well.
No support. This whole issue is very confusing for me, being diagnosed with PTSD, having a serious phobia, and having gone through extensive therapy for both. One of the core things you do for phobias/PTSD is to give yourself exposure to the triggers. Hiding away anything that could possibly "trigger" you is the worst thing you could do. If simply looking at a picture, a cartoony one at that, acts as a trigger, you're not handling the disorder correctly. That would be the equivalent to me not being able to hear people yelling on TV because yelling irl puts me into "you're about to need to fight for your life" mode, it's ridiculous. Trying to alter how the site works instead of dealing with the phobia in a healthy manner isn't fair to everyone else.

These new eyes are tied to site lore. The magic of Sornieth has changed. Dragon eyes are very heavily tied to their magic so of course that would change too. It makes sense lore-wise for these changes to be random and uncontrollable. Just for my view on the matter; that's exactly what I love about this update. If they made a revert to common, and switched eyes to be obtainable elsewhere, they'd lose a ton of appeal to me. I want the challenge of not knowing what I'm going to get, and seeing how I could improve a dragon who got an eye type that I didn't really like.
There's also the fact that you can easily exalt or sell the dragon, or purchase the vial of glowing sight if it's that much of a bother. I would be really bummed if staff went back on this and changed things because of complaints. They didn't cave to the complaints for firefly, they didn't even acknowledge my complaints for tapir, they've stood their ground on so many controversial issues. Even if I'm on the side of wanting change, that's something I have immense respect for. I really hope they stand their ground here as well.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
It's not a phobia for everyone. For me it's autism... eye contact is never going to be easy. I totally disregard it most the time. And then I wonder why my head feels spin-y after seeing image after image of all these eyes. I didn't even realize some of them bothered me.. until they did.

(I have issues with depth perception too. Certain video games can literally make me psychically ill, and I have to avoid them. Once upon a time, in a land far away I rented Sonic pinball, ignoring what it was doing.. and spent the following day in bed, puking.. It's ridiculous, and real.)

The previous eyes were fine to me. Multi-eye bugs me. And just today I found out that snapper hatchlings with earth primal are really bad on me.

Scrolling the showcase thread I found a couple that really made me feel ick.
It's not a phobia for everyone. For me it's autism... eye contact is never going to be easy. I totally disregard it most the time. And then I wonder why my head feels spin-y after seeing image after image of all these eyes. I didn't even realize some of them bothered me.. until they did.

(I have issues with depth perception too. Certain video games can literally make me psychically ill, and I have to avoid them. Once upon a time, in a land far away I rented Sonic pinball, ignoring what it was doing.. and spent the following day in bed, puking.. It's ridiculous, and real.)

The previous eyes were fine to me. Multi-eye bugs me. And just today I found out that snapper hatchlings with earth primal are really bad on me.

Scrolling the showcase thread I found a couple that really made me feel ick.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="LicianDragon" date="2018-06-09 09:45:26" ] No support. This whole issue is very confusing for me, being diagnosed with PTSD, having a serious phobia, and having gone through extensive therapy for both. One of the core things you do for phobias/PTSD is to give yourself exposure to the triggers. Hiding away anything that could possibly "trigger" you is the worst thing you could do. If simply looking at a picture, a cartoony one at that, acts as a trigger, you're not handling the disorder correctly. That would be the equivalent to me not being able to hear people yelling on TV because yelling irl puts me into "you're about to need to fight for your life" mode, it's ridiculous. Trying to alter how the site works instead of dealing with the phobia in a healthy manner isn't fair to everyone else. These new eyes are tied to site lore. The magic of Sornieth has changed. Dragon eyes are very heavily tied to their magic so of course that would change too. It makes sense lore-wise for these changes to be random and uncontrollable. Just for my view on the matter; that's exactly what I love about this update. If they made a revert to common, and switched eyes to be obtainable elsewhere, they'd lose a ton of appeal to me. I want the challenge of not knowing what I'm going to get, and seeing how I could improve a dragon who got an eye type that I didn't really like. There's also the fact that you can easily exalt or sell the dragon, or purchase the vial of glowing sight if it's that much of a bother. I would be really bummed if staff went back on this and changed things because of complaints. They didn't cave to the complaints for firefly, they didn't even acknowledge my complaints for tapir, they've stood their ground on so many controversial issues. Even if I'm on the side of wanting change, that's something I have immense respect for. I really hope they stand their ground here as well. [/quote] I would just like to chime in and say that while I agree exposure helps, it's not that easy when a couple of the eyes (Multi-Gaze, Primal Plague, Primal Shadow, and I think Facet) are causing people to feel [b]PHYSICALLY ILL[/b], because they are [u]body horror[/u]. While I personally have no feelings towards any of the eyes above, it was extremely crappy of the staff to include some of these eyes (mainly Multi-Gaze and Facet) into the random pool of possible eyes, where EVERYBODY has a chance of getting them. Nobody is saying get rid of the eyes completely. The whole point of this thread is to at least make those two eyes optional (aka, like the glowing eyes, where you can apply it if you so choose, and if you dont want it, just dont apply it.) Shadow and Plague is easy to avoid for the most part, as long as you dont request any nest rentals in Shadow or Plague. But because Multi and Facet are in the random pool for everybody, it's a massive problem. And another thing, regarding your comment "There's also the fact that you can easily exalt or sell the dragon, or purchase the vial of glowing sight if it's that much of a bother." This would be peachy if it weren't for the fact that these are only going to be available for another day or so, and then they wont be brewable or a possible drop from coli. The only ones that will exist are the ones gotten during the duration of the event, which will continue to rise and rise and rise in price as more are used over time. This is also why we want an item of some kind to just make the eyes back to common.
LicianDragon wrote on 2018-06-09 09:45:26:

I would just like to chime in and say that while I agree exposure helps, it's not that easy when a couple of the eyes (Multi-Gaze, Primal Plague, Primal Shadow, and I think Facet) are causing people to feel PHYSICALLY ILL, because they are body horror.

While I personally have no feelings towards any of the eyes above, it was extremely crappy of the staff to include some of these eyes (mainly Multi-Gaze and Facet) into the random pool of possible eyes, where EVERYBODY has a chance of getting them.

Nobody is saying get rid of the eyes completely. The whole point of this thread is to at least make those two eyes optional (aka, like the glowing eyes, where you can apply it if you so choose, and if you dont want it, just dont apply it.)

Shadow and Plague is easy to avoid for the most part, as long as you dont request any nest rentals in Shadow or Plague. But because Multi and Facet are in the random pool for everybody, it's a massive problem.

And another thing, regarding your comment "There's also the fact that you can easily exalt or sell the dragon, or purchase the vial of glowing sight if it's that much of a bother."
This would be peachy if it weren't for the fact that these are only going to be available for another day or so, and then they wont be brewable or a possible drop from coli. The only ones that will exist are the ones gotten during the duration of the event, which will continue to rise and rise and rise in price as more are used over time.

This is also why we want an item of some kind to just make the eyes back to common.
@CherieBits

Vials of glowing sight aren't retiring.

Feeling physically ill doesn't make exposure therapy impossible. I'm sorry if I come off as rude but I find it so ridiculous to be unable to handle a cartoon image. Real aversion horror, real phobias, etc. don't work like that. Anyone trying to get better from these things wouldn't be trying to force the world to cater to their phobia. I feel physically ill watching bones break, but I would never go around trying to censor things that showed that. It's my problem to deal with, and overcome, not the worlds problem to ensure I never feel a bit of discomfort.
@CherieBits

Feeling physically ill doesn't make exposure therapy impossible. I'm sorry if I come off as rude but I find it so ridiculous to be unable to handle a cartoon image. Real aversion horror, real phobias, etc. don't work like that. Anyone trying to get better from these things wouldn't be trying to force the world to cater to their phobia. I feel physically ill watching bones break, but I would never go around trying to censor things that showed that. It's my problem to deal with, and overcome, not the worlds problem to ensure I never feel a bit of discomfort.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
Quote:
While I personally have no feelings towards any of the eyes above, it was extremely crappy of the staff to include some of these eyes (mainly Multi-Gaze and Facet) into the random pool of possible eyes, where EVERYBODY has a chance of getting them.
Quote:
this update gives everyone a fair chance at getting these cool mutations without selling an arm and a leg for a gem item or for a high level Baldwin brew, because, let's be honest, it wouldn't be a low level one, probably over lv20)

I'm honestly sick of repeating myself at this point

all this drama would be solved with a revert to common scroll, I agree on that

but don't take away the possibility of getting new eyes from those who enjoy them, especially newbies, who sure like hell can't afford high le3vel Baldwin brews or expensive gem scrolls

LycanDragon made some absolutely right points in this regard (esp on the lore bit)
Quote:
Quote:
this update gives everyone a fair chance at getting these cool mutations without selling an arm and a leg for a gem item or for a high level Baldwin brew, because, let's be honest, it wouldn't be a low level one, probably over lv20)

I'm honestly sick of repeating myself at this point

all this drama would be solved with a revert to common scroll, I agree on that

but don't take away the possibility of getting new eyes from those who enjoy them, especially newbies, who sure like hell can't afford high le3vel Baldwin brews or expensive gem scrolls

LycanDragon made some absolutely right points in this regard (esp on the lore bit)
BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
[quote name="LicianDragon" date="2018-06-09 10:27:59" ] @CherieBits Vials of glowing sight aren't retiring. Feeling physically ill doesn't make exposure therapy impossible. I'm sorry if I come off as rude but I find it so ridiculous to be unable to handle a cartoon image. Real aversion horror, real phobias, etc. don't work like that. Anyone trying to get better from these things wouldn't be trying to force the world to cater to their phobia. I feel physically ill watching bones break, but I would never go around trying to censor things that showed that. It's my problem to deal with, and overcome, not the worlds problem to ensure I never feel a bit of discomfort. [/quote] [quote]The Vial of Scattersight operates in a similar way to the Tri-Color Scatterscroll (but for eye types instead), in that will [b]apply a random natural eye type to the dragon it's used on[/b] (excluding the default “common” eyes that have been available since the site launched.) This allows currently existing dragons a chance at the new natural eye types. [b]These special vials are available only during this event[/b]![/quote] [quote]You can also [b]brew[/b] both items at [b]Baldwin’s Bubbling Brew[/b], and find additional Vials of Scattersight as [b]Coliseum loot drops[/b] during this event. The recipes and loot drops will remain active until [b]Sunday, June 10th, 23:59 Server Time[/b], after which point they will [b]retire permanently[/b].[/quote] Everything else is, and it's really crappy to have to rely on a gem item to make the eyes somewhat survivable, every time a dragon pops up that the person isn't comfortable looking at. I think you might be missing the point. Yes it is a cartoon image, but it still makes people uncomfortable, and in some cases, ill. And because it is in the random pool, it is completely unavoidable; yes, it is extremely rare, up there close to Primal. But it is still a possibility, and that's what people are unhappy with.
LicianDragon wrote on 2018-06-09 10:27:59:
@CherieBits

Quote:
The Vial of Scattersight operates in a similar way to the Tri-Color Scatterscroll (but for eye types instead), in that will apply a random natural eye type to the dragon it's used on (excluding the default “common” eyes that have been available since the site launched.) This allows currently existing dragons a chance at the new natural eye types. These special vials are available only during this event!
Quote:
You can also brew both items at Baldwin’s Bubbling Brew, and find additional Vials of Scattersight as Coliseum loot drops during this event. The recipes and loot drops will remain active until Sunday, June 10th, 23:59 Server Time, after which point they will retire permanently.

Everything else is, and it's really crappy to have to rely on a gem item to make the eyes somewhat survivable, every time a dragon pops up that the person isn't comfortable looking at.

I think you might be missing the point. Yes it is a cartoon image, but it still makes people uncomfortable, and in some cases, ill. And because it is in the random pool, it is completely unavoidable; yes, it is extremely rare, up there close to Primal. But it is still a possibility, and that's what people are unhappy with.
Also, lets not lose site of the fact this is a GAME, not a controlled environment where exposure therapy is performed. This is a place where people go to relax and not confront their phobias and/or triggers or even discomforts.

It also isn't up to you or anyone else on this siteto decide someone is handling their problems wrong, because you don't know them, nor do you know how they are handling them. Just because they aren't handling them the way you feel is correct doesn't mean they aren't handling them correctly.

By the logic of it being random and uncontrollable, all scattervials should just poof into the aether. After all, that gives players a modicum of control over these. Glow eyes also should not be available, because again, that gives control over the magic.

I see this brought up when spiders are mentioned quite often: Players try to tell others how to handle their phobias, and yet, when those same players DO try to handle those phobias in ways that work for them (such as confronting them when they feel safe to do so, or in an environment where there is help nearby if needed, instead of just randomly running across a phobia by clicking on something on a game site) and ask for ways to handle the problem, they are blasted for it, again by players telling others they are not handling their problems correctly and that they should just, in essence, suck it up and deal with it.

I honestly feel that they could easily silence much of the complaining by switching multi-eyes and glow. Allow players to buy multi-eyes for their body horror themed dragons, and give those players who simply do not want to constantly be 'confronting their triggers' a way to not be scared to hatch nests on a game about breeding dragons.
Also, lets not lose site of the fact this is a GAME, not a controlled environment where exposure therapy is performed. This is a place where people go to relax and not confront their phobias and/or triggers or even discomforts.

It also isn't up to you or anyone else on this siteto decide someone is handling their problems wrong, because you don't know them, nor do you know how they are handling them. Just because they aren't handling them the way you feel is correct doesn't mean they aren't handling them correctly.

By the logic of it being random and uncontrollable, all scattervials should just poof into the aether. After all, that gives players a modicum of control over these. Glow eyes also should not be available, because again, that gives control over the magic.

I see this brought up when spiders are mentioned quite often: Players try to tell others how to handle their phobias, and yet, when those same players DO try to handle those phobias in ways that work for them (such as confronting them when they feel safe to do so, or in an environment where there is help nearby if needed, instead of just randomly running across a phobia by clicking on something on a game site) and ask for ways to handle the problem, they are blasted for it, again by players telling others they are not handling their problems correctly and that they should just, in essence, suck it up and deal with it.

I honestly feel that they could easily silence much of the complaining by switching multi-eyes and glow. Allow players to buy multi-eyes for their body horror themed dragons, and give those players who simply do not want to constantly be 'confronting their triggers' a way to not be scared to hatch nests on a game about breeding dragons.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Also, for the record: If FR had had these type of eyes available from the beginning, or when people signed up, most people simply would not have signed up. They aren't trying to change the world to suit them, they are trying to voice their opinion on a change that happened to a site they signed up on that didn't have this type of content basically forced on everyone who played the game (and bred dragons)

For example. I hate sites with pet death. I simply do not play them. I joined Flight Rising because dragons didn't die. If Flight Rising introduced a mechanic where dragons would just randomly drop dead, you can bet I would be trying my hardest to get it changed.

However, if Flight Rising had had dragon death when I first found it, instead of trying to change it, I would have simply not joined FR.

Most other people are the same I think. They started playing a game where they could pretty much avoid all things that they didn't like, such as body horror or gore by simply not joining Plague or not playing during RoR. This mechanic however, is now forcing what many people consider body horror on any person who hatches an egg or a nest. They can't avoid it except by not utilizing a core mechanic of the site.

Also, for the record: If FR had had these type of eyes available from the beginning, or when people signed up, most people simply would not have signed up. They aren't trying to change the world to suit them, they are trying to voice their opinion on a change that happened to a site they signed up on that didn't have this type of content basically forced on everyone who played the game (and bred dragons)

For example. I hate sites with pet death. I simply do not play them. I joined Flight Rising because dragons didn't die. If Flight Rising introduced a mechanic where dragons would just randomly drop dead, you can bet I would be trying my hardest to get it changed.

However, if Flight Rising had had dragon death when I first found it, instead of trying to change it, I would have simply not joined FR.

Most other people are the same I think. They started playing a game where they could pretty much avoid all things that they didn't like, such as body horror or gore by simply not joining Plague or not playing during RoR. This mechanic however, is now forcing what many people consider body horror on any person who hatches an egg or a nest. They can't avoid it except by not utilizing a core mechanic of the site.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16