Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Rename the French Bulldog...
...to Boston Terrier. That's what I thought it was at first, it has a pattern and shape more commonly seen on a Boston Terrier. Frenchies are a little more chunky and stout, and they're more commonly seen in almost solid black, cream, or fawn, sometimes brindle, rarely blue. Which, hey! Means you guys could add a different colored French Bulldog! A fawn/cream Frenchie would be adorable.

I know this isn't important or whatever and some people might see it as pedantic/unnecessary. Please don't ping me just to tell me these things. This is a suggestion forum, and I'm just making a suggestion.
...to Boston Terrier. That's what I thought it was at first, it has a pattern and shape more commonly seen on a Boston Terrier. Frenchies are a little more chunky and stout, and they're more commonly seen in almost solid black, cream, or fawn, sometimes brindle, rarely blue. Which, hey! Means you guys could add a different colored French Bulldog! A fawn/cream Frenchie would be adorable.

I know this isn't important or whatever and some people might see it as pedantic/unnecessary. Please don't ping me just to tell me these things. This is a suggestion forum, and I'm just making a suggestion.
IlluminartiIn-Flight HubPublic Buy
I think it's fine the way it is. Frenchies also come in black and white though the dog does seem a little lean. I think it should either stay the way it is, or if they change the name, I don't want them to add another frenchie. The breeds are way too similar in appearance. If they decide to add more dogs, they should be completely different, dissimilar breeds.
I think it's fine the way it is. Frenchies also come in black and white though the dog does seem a little lean. I think it should either stay the way it is, or if they change the name, I don't want them to add another frenchie. The breeds are way too similar in appearance. If they decide to add more dogs, they should be completely different, dissimilar breeds.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
it's...........a dog.
it's...........a dog.
I support this. I thought it was a Boston Terrier, too.
I support this. I thought it was a Boston Terrier, too.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I think it's a little weird to me since Sorienth doesn't have France or Boston geographically, so both names wouldn't make much sense canon-wise. But FR does have a dragon named Boston, so it makes slightly more sense to name the dog after the dragon than the dog after a country that doesn't exist in lore.
I think it's a little weird to me since Sorienth doesn't have France or Boston geographically, so both names wouldn't make much sense canon-wise. But FR does have a dragon named Boston, so it makes slightly more sense to name the dog after the dragon than the dog after a country that doesn't exist in lore.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="gemajgall" date=2018-01-02 19:20:18] I think it's a little weird to me since Sorienth doesn't have France or Boston geographically, so both names wouldn't make much sense canon-wise. But FR does have a dragon named Boston, so it makes slightly more sense to name the dog after the dragon than the dog after a country that doesn't exist in lore. [/quote] FR doesn't have Yorkshire either, but they found a way around that lore-wise. [item=Yorkshire terrier]
gemajgall wrote on 2018-01-02:
FR doesn't have Yorkshire either, but they found a way around that lore-wise.
Yorkshire Terrier
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
They don't name animals correctly since '13. They do whole species wrong and you guys argue over dogbreeds where one "not expected color" makes all the difference between one or another breed.

I support this only if all the othef (more seriously) misnamed animals (and plants) get named correctly too. If we do the whole "sornith isn't earth and items don't have to be corrects just play with them" on foods and stuff then we also can countinue with the dogs too.

By the way I don't think any of them look too much like their real life counterparts. Strange names or not.
They don't name animals correctly since '13. They do whole species wrong and you guys argue over dogbreeds where one "not expected color" makes all the difference between one or another breed.

I support this only if all the othef (more seriously) misnamed animals (and plants) get named correctly too. If we do the whole "sornith isn't earth and items don't have to be corrects just play with them" on foods and stuff then we also can countinue with the dogs too.

By the way I don't think any of them look too much like their real life counterparts. Strange names or not.
I don't think anyone's arguing, just mentioning it.

What's the "whole species" they did wrong, out of curiosity?

(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
[quote name="Trix" date=2018-01-02 23:02:24] I don't think anyone's arguing, just mentioning it. What's the "whole species" they did wrong, out of curiosity? [/quote] I meant "argue" as in "debating". Is it not said like this (anymore)? I've still learned that arguing isn't neccessarily loud or angry. There are several such errors. To name one of the top of my head (the one I find worst since I like these birds) is what FR calls a common sparow [item=common sparrow] Which is not a common sparrow at all neither in looks nor from classification. Yes they are both passeriformes but after that they branch off into different orders - not to mention families and species. Taking the order passeriformes and then saying the birds that have that in common are interchangeable is litterally the same as saying a wolf is a bear since they both belong to the order a carnivora. A european goldfinch (carduelis carduelis) is not a house sparrow (passer domesticus). Same occurs with at least one fish as I heard. Some plant(s) people mentioned offsite and the insects. In one case they even messed up decelopemental states. What they call a nymph is but a larva. Unless the adult invertebrate actually also looks like a larva.
Trix wrote on 2018-01-02:

I meant "argue" as in "debating". Is it not said like this (anymore)? I've still learned that arguing isn't neccessarily loud or angry.

There are several such errors. To name one of the top of my head (the one I find worst since I like these birds) is what FR calls a common sparow Common Sparrow
Which is not a common sparrow at all neither in looks nor from classification. Yes they are both passeriformes but after that they branch off into different orders - not to mention families and species. Taking the order passeriformes and then saying the birds that have that in common are interchangeable is litterally the same as saying a wolf is a bear since they both belong to the order a carnivora.

A european goldfinch (carduelis carduelis) is not a house sparrow (passer domesticus).

Same occurs with at least one fish as I heard. Some plant(s) people mentioned offsite and the insects. In one case they even messed up decelopemental states. What they call a nymph is but a larva. Unless the adult invertebrate actually also looks like a larva.