Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Unique Dragon traits. [UPDATED]
1 2 3 4
Maybe like Nature/Characteristics of pokemon? Possibly without the stat buffs so Coliseum dragons wont be changed, but it does add a bit personality and makes even similar coloured dragons unique!
Maybe like Nature/Characteristics of pokemon? Possibly without the stat buffs so Coliseum dragons wont be changed, but it does add a bit personality and makes even similar coloured dragons unique!
yesss.gif
@HanzoSinmada

Yeah I don't know if the team behind this should focus on any coli stats with this, it's mainly just lore purposes and another fun little thing to do on site~
@HanzoSinmada

Yeah I don't know if the team behind this should focus on any coli stats with this, it's mainly just lore purposes and another fun little thing to do on site~
GEiz8BL.png
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2017-12-25 14:29:01" ] It is interesting and I always liked various applied trait systems in other games, but I'm still stuck on the "what's the point" part. I think that if this gets implemented, some more definite differences should separate the with and the without dragons. Because as I read right now (example): dragon A - has Bookworm trait dragon B - doesn't and so what? If the traits do not do anything except look pretty, then dragon A might as well have a book apparel equipped and that might give the same feeling as a Bookworm trait so in my opinion coding only that would not be worth the time spent :/[/quote] Agreeing with the above. No support, unless maybe the traits actually DID something besides "look pretty." I feel like this idea is just implementing Lore into the game. There's nothing wrong with it, but can be done without getting the admins to code this.
RedWillia wrote on 2017-12-25 14:29:01:
It is interesting and I always liked various applied trait systems in other games, but I'm still stuck on the "what's the point" part. I think that if this gets implemented, some more definite differences should separate the with and the without dragons.

Because as I read right now (example):
dragon A - has Bookworm trait
dragon B - doesn't

and so what?

If the traits do not do anything except look pretty, then dragon A might as well have a book apparel equipped and that might give the same feeling as a Bookworm trait so in my opinion coding only that would not be worth the time spent :/

Agreeing with the above.

No support, unless maybe the traits actually DID something besides "look pretty."

I feel like this idea is just implementing Lore into the game. There's nothing wrong with it, but can be done without getting the admins to code this.
Gsc8y3C.png
I agree! need lore motivation!
I agree! need lore motivation!
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
This would be an amazing feature! I'd fully support it!
This would be an amazing feature! I'd fully support it!
tumblr_okvm6tN6DV1u3wsjco1_250.png1548_200px_gavina_by_miirshroom-dcaydhk.png
Made by miirshroom
@LiNaan

Thanks for your opinion, it's definitely valued. Do you have any suggestions as to what else this feature could accomplish?

@clw23
@Gavina

Thanks for your support guys <3!
@LiNaan

Thanks for your opinion, it's definitely valued. Do you have any suggestions as to what else this feature could accomplish?

@clw23
@Gavina

Thanks for your support guys <3!
GEiz8BL.png
[quote name="RestingDeer" date="2017-12-26 21:45:25" ] Maybe there could be a 'task' that requires 'Knowledge' so you read your dragon a few books, and then they can complete the task(s). They could be daily, or have several tiers, and maybe some tasks require more than just knowledge etc, etc! The books they've read, tools they've used, or projects they've made could be listed on their profile somewhere.[/quote] No personal suggestions, but I like the idea of this! As the game is now, I don't think this feature would be doing anything; however, if there were daily tasks implemented along with it, then I think it would be worth it. Especially if doing tasks consecutively led to a bigger prize ~
RestingDeer wrote on 2017-12-26 21:45:25:
Maybe there could be a 'task' that requires 'Knowledge' so you read your dragon a few books, and then they can complete the task(s). They could be daily, or have several tiers, and maybe some tasks require more than just knowledge etc, etc! The books they've read, tools they've used, or projects they've made could be listed on their profile somewhere.

No personal suggestions, but I like the idea of this! As the game is now, I don't think this feature would be doing anything; however, if there were daily tasks implemented along with it, then I think it would be worth it. Especially if doing tasks consecutively led to a bigger prize ~
Gsc8y3C.png
I think this is very well thought out, and would add a good addition to the dragon lairs. It would also make all my hoarding worthwhile...
I think this is very well thought out, and would add a good addition to the dragon lairs. It would also make all my hoarding worthwhile...
1521_150px_secondunit_by_miirshroom-dc9b8kr.png
S E C O N D U N I T #18925

Hatchery Archive Exalt Records
Clan Lore Wishlist

Clan Toli'orji | UTC-6 | They/Them/It
Absolutely love the idea, I definitely want more general interaction with my dragons and possibly familiars, getting lots of support from me!
Absolutely love the idea, I definitely want more general interaction with my dragons and possibly familiars, getting lots of support from me!
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
Overall, I like the idea and would give it my support. I'm a huge fan of lore and I'd like to see more additions like this added to the site. However, I have a few reservations: [list][*]Making it worthwhile for the coding is incredibly huge to me. As a coder myself, I have a hard time seeing the benefit to it when, as others have pointed out, it's something that can be accomplished on the user's end and doesn't take up any resources otherwise. Currently, aside from possible exalt bonuses and being able to customize lore, I don't see them as being anything other than "pretty" for a dragon.[/list] [list][*]Adding in a comprehensive list of skills, trades, hobbies, or stats to level up would be difficult. Some people do not necessarily have what is considered "traditional" lore, and unless the stats/traits are incredibly generalized, it could possibly alienate users who [i]want[/i] to participate in the system and use them on their dragons, but don't have the "right" stats to use on a dragon. [list][*]Example: a dragon that's been made into an assassin in their lore, when we know that FR won't officially add in a stat/trait that would support that being their trade skill unless it were something like "dexterity" which is easily translatable to Agility (AGI), a Coli skill. This also isn't taking into account people with more "modernized" lore.[/list] In my opinion, the generalization of these would remove the point, and can easily be accomplished by just putting it in their bio.[/list]
Overall, I like the idea and would give it my support. I'm a huge fan of lore and I'd like to see more additions like this added to the site. However, I have a few reservations:
  • Making it worthwhile for the coding is incredibly huge to me. As a coder myself, I have a hard time seeing the benefit to it when, as others have pointed out, it's something that can be accomplished on the user's end and doesn't take up any resources otherwise. Currently, aside from possible exalt bonuses and being able to customize lore, I don't see them as being anything other than "pretty" for a dragon.
  • Adding in a comprehensive list of skills, trades, hobbies, or stats to level up would be difficult. Some people do not necessarily have what is considered "traditional" lore, and unless the stats/traits are incredibly generalized, it could possibly alienate users who want to participate in the system and use them on their dragons, but don't have the "right" stats to use on a dragon.
    • Example: a dragon that's been made into an assassin in their lore, when we know that FR won't officially add in a stat/trait that would support that being their trade skill unless it were something like "dexterity" which is easily translatable to Agility (AGI), a Coli skill. This also isn't taking into account people with more "modernized" lore.

In my opinion, the generalization of these would remove the point, and can easily be accomplished by just putting it in their bio.
5MwdWh0.pngaesq82D.gif
1 2 3 4