Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | naming feature for ah dergs
would be very handy for those who dont want their hatchlings exalted unnamed to still be able to name their unnamed hatchlings while theyre still in the lair but listed on the ah!

Since FR involves a lot of (sometimes unnecessary) clicking, it would be very useful to be able to name a dragon while you list it in the AH! (Thanks Orgetzu!)
would be very handy for those who dont want their hatchlings exalted unnamed to still be able to name their unnamed hatchlings while theyre still in the lair but listed on the ah!

Since FR involves a lot of (sometimes unnecessary) clicking, it would be very useful to be able to name a dragon while you list it in the AH! (Thanks Orgetzu!)
tUjSZIC.png
You could just un-list the hatchling and then name it..? Or name it before you list it?
You could just un-list the hatchling and then name it..? Or name it before you list it?
ASOCY.gifnYGDr.gifXEKZu.gifRL008.gif
pls clicku my egg children, thank u
The 'you can't name while on the AH' feature is there so that the AHs named/unnamed search doesn't get confused.

Just don't put up any unnamed hatchlings to begin with if you plan on selling them named. If you did a booboo because you had a brainfart its still possible to take them off and just name them.

The 'you can't name while on the AH' feature is there so that the AHs named/unnamed search doesn't get confused.

Just don't put up any unnamed hatchlings to begin with if you plan on selling them named. If you did a booboo because you had a brainfart its still possible to take them off and just name them.

Just name it before you list it. It's really not that hard.
Just name it before you list it. It's really not that hard.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
How about instead of naming them while on the AH (due to the above problem someone mentioned), you instead had the ability to name them while you were listing them? It could speed up the whole process of naming and selling a little.

Overall, I think the system is fine as is, but it's just an alternate solution. =)
How about instead of naming them while on the AH (due to the above problem someone mentioned), you instead had the ability to name them while you were listing them? It could speed up the whole process of naming and selling a little.

Overall, I think the system is fine as is, but it's just an alternate solution. =)
girl_icon_by_orgetzu-d8qm7bc.pngping_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z0s1w.pnghatchery_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z17md.pngart_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1fu6.pnggen_1_sale_icon___orange_by_orgetzu-d9zwj8j.png
bubble_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1pvh.png
unicorn_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1xrd.pnghouse_icon_z_by_orgetzu-d9z2r3i.pngwinter_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z2szz.pngfrog_icon_by_orgetzu-d9zwkt5.pngpixel_potatoes_by_orgetzu-d9z0pkl.gif Some of these pixels go places....
I am afraid I have to agree with the above posters, just name the dragons before they are listed, or unlist them and name them.

I personally think that changing a listing while it is still listed has the potential to not only cause problems with the code, but also problems between buyers and sellers. While not many, there are people who specifically look for unnamed dragons because that is what they like, imagine finding an unnamed dragon with the specifics you want, buying it and finding out that in the split second you hit buy, the seller was naming the dragon and hit 'name', thus you ended up with a named dragon. (sure 6K t is easy to make but if you wanted an unnamed dragon specifically, you can't rename the dragon to unnamed).
I am afraid I have to agree with the above posters, just name the dragons before they are listed, or unlist them and name them.

I personally think that changing a listing while it is still listed has the potential to not only cause problems with the code, but also problems between buyers and sellers. While not many, there are people who specifically look for unnamed dragons because that is what they like, imagine finding an unnamed dragon with the specifics you want, buying it and finding out that in the split second you hit buy, the seller was naming the dragon and hit 'name', thus you ended up with a named dragon. (sure 6K t is easy to make but if you wanted an unnamed dragon specifically, you can't rename the dragon to unnamed).

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Orgetzu" date=2017-11-30 03:51:04] How about instead of naming them while on the AH (due to the above problem someone mentioned), you instead had the ability to name them while you were listing them? It could speed up the whole process of naming and selling a little.[/quote] I love this. Less clicking, more streamlined. Emphasizes the importance of naming before selling. I love it.
Orgetzu wrote on 2017-11-30:

I love this. Less clicking, more streamlined. Emphasizes the importance of naming before selling. I love it.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[quote name="Ridara" date=2017-11-30 04:35:00] [quote name="Orgetzu" date=2017-11-30 03:51:04] How about instead of naming them while on the AH (due to the above problem someone mentioned), you instead had the ability to name them while you were listing them? It could speed up the whole process of naming and selling a little.[/quote] I love this. Less clicking, more streamlined. Emphasizes the importance of naming before selling. I love it. [/quote] Good idea! I didn't realize that the named/unnamed search function could be a problem (cus i almost never use it).
Ridara wrote on 2017-11-30:

I love this. Less clicking, more streamlined. Emphasizes the importance of naming before selling. I love it.

Good idea! I didn't realize that the named/unnamed search function could be a problem (cus i almost never use it).
tUjSZIC.png
[quote name="Ridara" date=2017-11-30 04:35:00] [quote name="Orgetzu" date=2017-11-30 03:51:04] How about instead of naming them while on the AH (due to the above problem someone mentioned), you instead had the ability to name them while you were listing them? It could speed up the whole process of naming and selling a little.[/quote] I love this. Less clicking, more streamlined. Emphasizes the importance of naming before selling. I love it. [/quote] I thought that's what this suggestion was going to be based on the title. This would be a great thing to have.
Ridara wrote on 2017-11-30:

I thought that's what this suggestion was going to be based on the title. This would be a great thing to have.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
support for being able to name dragons from the 'list an auction' page! this would make the whole process so much faster.
support for being able to name dragons from the 'list an auction' page! this would make the whole process so much faster.

FR +16

they/them

dressing service
dragon search
fc1fc9b10602728524c3b0a326e2426b.png