Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Suggestions
I think there should be sounds in coliseum battles, because right now it's so quite while you're attacking, and there isn't even background music. Also, maybe add idle animations for the dragons, since the monsters have idle animations. I know that would be hard to do with all the apparel and skins, but maybe just make the wings flap.
I think there should be sounds in coliseum battles, because right now it's so quite while you're attacking, and there isn't even background music. Also, maybe add idle animations for the dragons, since the monsters have idle animations. I know that would be hard to do with all the apparel and skins, but maybe just make the wings flap.
sig_by_cas_a_fras-dc1qx6q.gif
This would actually be completely impossible without it looking like they just used the warp or stretch tool with all the apparel and skins, since there's literally millions of combinations with just skins, accents, and apparel. (Trillions if you count dragon variations- which would need gene areas redrawn for animations. And yes, that's an accurate number. All of the variations of dragons total to somewhere around 24 trillion)

No support for sounds- a vast majority of coli users do something on the side while they coli (playing music, watching a movie, etc.) and this would severely disrupt what they were doing. (And music areas on FR are well known for not reliably muting)
Sound effects would be extremely repetitive since coliseum battles are very fast paced, and they would have to commission someone to make soundtracks for each venue.

Both of these could also be a huge drain of data for those with data plans.

No thanks.

Solution to lack of animations- ignore it.
Solution to the quietness- play YouTube or something else in another window/tab.
This would actually be completely impossible without it looking like they just used the warp or stretch tool with all the apparel and skins, since there's literally millions of combinations with just skins, accents, and apparel. (Trillions if you count dragon variations- which would need gene areas redrawn for animations. And yes, that's an accurate number. All of the variations of dragons total to somewhere around 24 trillion)

No support for sounds- a vast majority of coli users do something on the side while they coli (playing music, watching a movie, etc.) and this would severely disrupt what they were doing. (And music areas on FR are well known for not reliably muting)
Sound effects would be extremely repetitive since coliseum battles are very fast paced, and they would have to commission someone to make soundtracks for each venue.

Both of these could also be a huge drain of data for those with data plans.

No thanks.

Solution to lack of animations- ignore it.
Solution to the quietness- play YouTube or something else in another window/tab.
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Sorry, but I am with shinyunbreon.

The most for animations I could see would be if they gave it a tiny breathing animation using a modified meditate (where the dragon gets bigger and then back to normal size) however that might be more taxing on users so I don't know.

Sounds? No thanks at all.

1. It could get really annoying FAST. I play another game called Wartune. I was playing the 'tower' with a team and we ran into an enemy we couldn't defeat fast. it was a horse and rider. every two seconds or when it was hit, the horse screamed. At the time I didn't know how to turn off the sound for that tab/game without turning everything off and by the end I was ready to reach in and strangle the pixels it was that annoying.

FR's coliseum would most likely be like that. Battles go quickly and you run up against a lot of the same enemies in the venues. You are going to be hearing a LOT of screams/grunts/ooofs/whatever sounds they use.

2. Sound can be very unreliable when it comes to staying off. I have been in games where I turned the sound off, forgot about it, one day loaded it, and nearly had a heart attack when the sound started playing. No thanks.

3. For music itself: 99% of all games I have played (and that is a LOT) the music is the first thing to go. Even when I like the music (the 1%) it usually goes off fairly quickly because it gets repetitive and boring fast.

4. Data plans/allowances. Even muted, the sound for the coliseum still has to load. This means that users who on data plans where they might have to pay more when they go over, or like me who just get slowed internet, would need to be more careful about using the coliseum because it is going to eat up more data.

5. Lag. I am pretty sure that most of my troubles with Artifracture stem from the music. I have played it with it on, and I have noticed lag at certain points in the music too consistently to be coincidence. We already have lag with the coliseum and I would hate to see it get even worse, especially when you can't hear the music to know that is the reason behind it.

Edit: I also just want to say that I am thankful that FR doesn't have music/sounds. Too many flash games put them in and it is a relief to not have to worry about it. (plus, I also don't really know of many pet sims like FR that have sounds for their battle areas, so it isn't like FR is unusual in that respect at least)
Sorry, but I am with shinyunbreon.

The most for animations I could see would be if they gave it a tiny breathing animation using a modified meditate (where the dragon gets bigger and then back to normal size) however that might be more taxing on users so I don't know.

Sounds? No thanks at all.

1. It could get really annoying FAST. I play another game called Wartune. I was playing the 'tower' with a team and we ran into an enemy we couldn't defeat fast. it was a horse and rider. every two seconds or when it was hit, the horse screamed. At the time I didn't know how to turn off the sound for that tab/game without turning everything off and by the end I was ready to reach in and strangle the pixels it was that annoying.

FR's coliseum would most likely be like that. Battles go quickly and you run up against a lot of the same enemies in the venues. You are going to be hearing a LOT of screams/grunts/ooofs/whatever sounds they use.

2. Sound can be very unreliable when it comes to staying off. I have been in games where I turned the sound off, forgot about it, one day loaded it, and nearly had a heart attack when the sound started playing. No thanks.

3. For music itself: 99% of all games I have played (and that is a LOT) the music is the first thing to go. Even when I like the music (the 1%) it usually goes off fairly quickly because it gets repetitive and boring fast.

4. Data plans/allowances. Even muted, the sound for the coliseum still has to load. This means that users who on data plans where they might have to pay more when they go over, or like me who just get slowed internet, would need to be more careful about using the coliseum because it is going to eat up more data.

5. Lag. I am pretty sure that most of my troubles with Artifracture stem from the music. I have played it with it on, and I have noticed lag at certain points in the music too consistently to be coincidence. We already have lag with the coliseum and I would hate to see it get even worse, especially when you can't hear the music to know that is the reason behind it.

Edit: I also just want to say that I am thankful that FR doesn't have music/sounds. Too many flash games put them in and it is a relief to not have to worry about it. (plus, I also don't really know of many pet sims like FR that have sounds for their battle areas, so it isn't like FR is unusual in that respect at least)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Do you want to hear the same 30 second song clip for however long you spend in the Coli?

edit: also even if you mute the music, it still takes up data.
Do you want to hear the same 30 second song clip for however long you spend in the Coli?

edit: also even if you mute the music, it still takes up data.

Why the need to bring this up again? I thought it was done with.

In any case: If you want sounds play your playlist so you actually have changeable customized musik to listen to.
Why the need to bring this up again? I thought it was done with.

In any case: If you want sounds play your playlist so you actually have changeable customized musik to listen to.