Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make two RP forums
1 2
So, while the Roleplay forum says that it's for roleplay within the world of Flight Rising, there's everything from Adventure Time to Warriors roleplays in there. I propose we make two roleplay forums, one for Flight Rising-only, and another for everything else under the sun. It will just be a lot easier and neater for people looking for certain roleplays.
So, while the Roleplay forum says that it's for roleplay within the world of Flight Rising, there's everything from Adventure Time to Warriors roleplays in there. I propose we make two roleplay forums, one for Flight Rising-only, and another for everything else under the sun. It will just be a lot easier and neater for people looking for certain roleplays.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
I don't visit the roleplay forum, but I think one of the biggest concerns would be activity.

Do you feel like the forum is active enough to justify being split?
Do you feel like it's an even split of activity, or would one forum be much more active than the other?

Generally, I think a forum should already be really active if you're going to consider introducing subforums or alternative forums, otherwise activity in general is going to suffer. Splitting too many hairs can kill a forum entirely.
I don't visit the roleplay forum, but I think one of the biggest concerns would be activity.

Do you feel like the forum is active enough to justify being split?
Do you feel like it's an even split of activity, or would one forum be much more active than the other?

Generally, I think a forum should already be really active if you're going to consider introducing subforums or alternative forums, otherwise activity in general is going to suffer. Splitting too many hairs can kill a forum entirely.
Rather than splitting it, it would make a lot more sense to limit RP on FR to purely FR-themed roleplay.

FR isn't here to be a platform for the roleplays of every subject and it's nice that they decided to add an RP forum at all, they didn't have to do that. There are other venues for RP of non-FR types out there.

Still, if they're going to allow it, they should keep it all to one forum. Saves cluttering FRs forums with a tertiary, even quaternary function.
Rather than splitting it, it would make a lot more sense to limit RP on FR to purely FR-themed roleplay.

FR isn't here to be a platform for the roleplays of every subject and it's nice that they decided to add an RP forum at all, they didn't have to do that. There are other venues for RP of non-FR types out there.

Still, if they're going to allow it, they should keep it all to one forum. Saves cluttering FRs forums with a tertiary, even quaternary function.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I will admit I don't visit the rp forums much. I definitely see where you're coming from though, as the few times I venture over there looking for a flight rising rp, I quickly give up because it's simply too much to sort through. I think it would make a lot of sense to make fr rp more accessible.

I also can see where @Greyjoy is coming from though, and I agree making the forums section more cluttered would be undesirable. I don't know how I feel about making the rp fr only, as it makes sense in many ways, but with so much established other rp, it seems a shame to cut it off now.
I will admit I don't visit the rp forums much. I definitely see where you're coming from though, as the few times I venture over there looking for a flight rising rp, I quickly give up because it's simply too much to sort through. I think it would make a lot of sense to make fr rp more accessible.

I also can see where @Greyjoy is coming from though, and I agree making the forums section more cluttered would be undesirable. I don't know how I feel about making the rp fr only, as it makes sense in many ways, but with so much established other rp, it seems a shame to cut it off now.
I am an RPer, and I do think they should be split. I'm giving support here for that. <3
I am an RPer, and I do think they should be split. I'm giving support here for that. <3
ymZicZ5.pnggBEXKJZ.gif33m371j.jpggBEXKJZ.gif
As a non-RPer, I think the forum should either be split OR the forum should have all non FR topics locked, and strictly monitored to ensure only FR RPs are taking place, according to its description.
As a non-RPer, I think the forum should either be split OR the forum should have all non FR topics locked, and strictly monitored to ensure only FR RPs are taking place, according to its description.
DRAGONS WANTED Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's little nut that held its ground.

Dragons For Adoption
Hi. Actual RP-er and daily lurker here.

I'd put in that even if I did think the forum should be split (and I don't), the proposed FR/Other divide wouldn't be the way to do it. For one, from my experience on the board, Other would far outweigh FR only, leading to one near-dead subforum and one only slightly less busy subforum. Not to mention splitting the forums on content alone leads to problems like people who want to RP FR dragons in existing pop culture settings. Is a "FR dergs go to Hogwarts" rp FR or Other?

The only divide I could see making sense purely concerning workability would be something like "Searching for RP" and "Actual RP", but I I'd almost guarantee "LF RP" would languish and "Actual RP" would be exactly as before.

But then, I don't consider the existing RP board to be "too busy" in any capacity. And yes, I do go on the board a lot. The concern is people "not being able to find" the kind of thread they're looking for, but that's just odd logic to me. People can read. Yeah they might have to go back a page or two, but would you really want to RP with someone who can't even be bothered to scroll to page 2 or 3?

Edit: Oh right. One other thing.

The idea that "non-FR RP should be discontinued" is hogwash. I'd personally be very surprised if this "rule" suddenly became enforced, as it would kill the RP forum stone dead. The question isn't whether or not non-FR RP "should" be allowed, it already is. Taking it back now would be quite the disappointment to 70-80% of the RPers here.
Hi. Actual RP-er and daily lurker here.

I'd put in that even if I did think the forum should be split (and I don't), the proposed FR/Other divide wouldn't be the way to do it. For one, from my experience on the board, Other would far outweigh FR only, leading to one near-dead subforum and one only slightly less busy subforum. Not to mention splitting the forums on content alone leads to problems like people who want to RP FR dragons in existing pop culture settings. Is a "FR dergs go to Hogwarts" rp FR or Other?

The only divide I could see making sense purely concerning workability would be something like "Searching for RP" and "Actual RP", but I I'd almost guarantee "LF RP" would languish and "Actual RP" would be exactly as before.

But then, I don't consider the existing RP board to be "too busy" in any capacity. And yes, I do go on the board a lot. The concern is people "not being able to find" the kind of thread they're looking for, but that's just odd logic to me. People can read. Yeah they might have to go back a page or two, but would you really want to RP with someone who can't even be bothered to scroll to page 2 or 3?

Edit: Oh right. One other thing.

The idea that "non-FR RP should be discontinued" is hogwash. I'd personally be very surprised if this "rule" suddenly became enforced, as it would kill the RP forum stone dead. The question isn't whether or not non-FR RP "should" be allowed, it already is. Taking it back now would be quite the disappointment to 70-80% of the RPers here.
I would be more likely to agree with Greyjoy on this. FR based RP on sight and Non FR based RP else where off site.

No support for the split, slight support for a change in rules to allow it to be only FR rp
I would be more likely to agree with Greyjoy on this. FR based RP on sight and Non FR based RP else where off site.

No support for the split, slight support for a change in rules to allow it to be only FR rp
tumblr_ns3r6dziq41tz47obo1_400.gif
I say that there should be a split in RP forums, but maybe not for "FR roleplays" and "not FR roleplays". It would make the RP forums easier to navigate.

And non FR based RP shouldn't be removed, since a lot of roleplayers would be disappointed. If non FR based RP was removed, the RP forums would have a lot less activity.
I say that there should be a split in RP forums, but maybe not for "FR roleplays" and "not FR roleplays". It would make the RP forums easier to navigate.

And non FR based RP shouldn't be removed, since a lot of roleplayers would be disappointed. If non FR based RP was removed, the RP forums would have a lot less activity.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
Perhaps if there was a method only in the RP forum to sort of "tag" your forum as either "FR" or "OTHER"

That way, people can search the forums for posts that are only "FR" related or posts that are only "OTHER" related, and this can be turned on and off like AH searches.

I think this would solve the problem of wanting to be able to search only for FR roleplays, while also making the people who RP other things happy as well.

Some people such as myself don't have many other platforms for RP-ing like on FR, and I would be upset if FR came out of the blue and locked all of my RP threads and said "Go do this somewhere else".

Perhaps if there was a method only in the RP forum to sort of "tag" your forum as either "FR" or "OTHER"

That way, people can search the forums for posts that are only "FR" related or posts that are only "OTHER" related, and this can be turned on and off like AH searches.

I think this would solve the problem of wanting to be able to search only for FR roleplays, while also making the people who RP other things happy as well.

Some people such as myself don't have many other platforms for RP-ing like on FR, and I would be upset if FR came out of the blue and locked all of my RP threads and said "Go do this somewhere else".

Lore Shop - Wishlist - Clan Lore

rsz_lore.png
1 2