Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Fest items cost progressively more
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
No support. Not everyone has the time to grind for that much currency. The 65-currency item is already around an hour of coli-time as is. And that is if it decides to play nice.
No support. Not everyone has the time to grind for that much currency. The 65-currency item is already around an hour of coli-time as is. And that is if it decides to play nice.
tumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gif
If the first 2 or 3 sets were the same price I'd be okay with this.
If the first 2 or 3 sets were the same price I'd be okay with this.
rhea i thought you said this was supposed to be a terrible idea
rhea i thought you said this was supposed to be a terrible idea
I like this. It leaves things easy to get in small numbers, but makes it but harder to get 76534676654 spares. Not bad. Support.

Edit: Support for familiars and vistas, but a slower increase for apparel, which can be used more than once per account, would be good.
I like this. It leaves things easy to get in small numbers, but makes it but harder to get 76534676654 spares. Not bad. Support.

Edit: Support for familiars and vistas, but a slower increase for apparel, which can be used more than once per account, would be good.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Nice. I usually get one of everything, plus a spare or two to sell later. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra, if it meant that there was actually a profit in it- right now, fest items don't appreciate much at all. This could change that.

What about a nice, even exponential pattern? First two are normal price, then each one after that is 30% more expensive. I rounded a little to get multiples of 5. However, this means that the apparel item is the one that scales fastest, and it's the only one that isn't once-per-account, and thus the only one there's a reason to buy multiples of. Maybe that one should be cut to 20% (in parentheses).

To stress:
The big apparel is the one that people need multiples of most, and so should not be hardest hit.

Familiar:
1-2: 35
2: 45
3: 60
4: 75
5: 100
6: 130
7: 170
8+: 220

Vista:
1-2: 50
2: 65
3: 85
4: 110
5: 140
6: 185
7: 240
8+: 315

Apparel:
1-2: 65 (65)
2: 85 (80)
3: 110 (95)
4: 140 (110)
5: 185 (135)
6: 240 (160)
7: 315 (195)
8+: 410 (230)
Nice. I usually get one of everything, plus a spare or two to sell later. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra, if it meant that there was actually a profit in it- right now, fest items don't appreciate much at all. This could change that.

What about a nice, even exponential pattern? First two are normal price, then each one after that is 30% more expensive. I rounded a little to get multiples of 5. However, this means that the apparel item is the one that scales fastest, and it's the only one that isn't once-per-account, and thus the only one there's a reason to buy multiples of. Maybe that one should be cut to 20% (in parentheses).

To stress:
The big apparel is the one that people need multiples of most, and so should not be hardest hit.

Familiar:
1-2: 35
2: 45
3: 60
4: 75
5: 100
6: 130
7: 170
8+: 220

Vista:
1-2: 50
2: 65
3: 85
4: 110
5: 140
6: 185
7: 240
8+: 315

Apparel:
1-2: 65 (65)
2: 85 (80)
3: 110 (95)
4: 140 (110)
5: 185 (135)
6: 240 (160)
7: 315 (195)
8+: 410 (230)
windh4.png
No support, you'd really be isolating new users here. I mean, I get little increases (which I believe have already been done?) but getting to the point where something could potentially cost 200 fest apparel is way too much. Not only would new users be left frantically struggling with obtaining said apparel, but existing users would have to dedicate way more time to playing the game which, for players with busy lives, isn't really feasible.
No support, you'd really be isolating new users here. I mean, I get little increases (which I believe have already been done?) but getting to the point where something could potentially cost 200 fest apparel is way too much. Not only would new users be left frantically struggling with obtaining said apparel, but existing users would have to dedicate way more time to playing the game which, for players with busy lives, isn't really feasible.
Tn4aWhc.png
@IrritatorRaji

I don't want to be rude, but did ... you read the suggestion?

The first 1-2 of an item will cost the same as it does now, it's just that getting many multiples will be more expensive.

So there's no isolation at all. Nothing will change except getting 10 of one fest item will be more expensive to reduce devaluation due to market saturation.

Getting 1-2 of the things will still be as easy as now for new users.
@IrritatorRaji

I don't want to be rude, but did ... you read the suggestion?

The first 1-2 of an item will cost the same as it does now, it's just that getting many multiples will be more expensive.

So there's no isolation at all. Nothing will change except getting 10 of one fest item will be more expensive to reduce devaluation due to market saturation.

Getting 1-2 of the things will still be as easy as now for new users.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
ooh, i like this idea!
ooh, i like this idea!
xulc4O8.png
I'm going to be in the no support boat, For established users with a team of level 25 dragons and a stash of Baldwin materials, the increase probably wouldn't hurt too much. However, FR has a registration window just two weeks before festivals currently. All those new players would be SOWL if they want to stock multiple festival items for future use because they haven't yet established their means of earning festival currency.

I understand older users can amass festival currency pretty easily, but I don't think the solution is to make newer users struggle more to get 3+ items (especially clothing since players can use many identical pieces of clothing).

No pings please.
I'm going to be in the no support boat, For established users with a team of level 25 dragons and a stash of Baldwin materials, the increase probably wouldn't hurt too much. However, FR has a registration window just two weeks before festivals currently. All those new players would be SOWL if they want to stock multiple festival items for future use because they haven't yet established their means of earning festival currency.

I understand older users can amass festival currency pretty easily, but I don't think the solution is to make newer users struggle more to get 3+ items (especially clothing since players can use many identical pieces of clothing).

No pings please.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
can we raise it to 4-5. some casual players like investing more in one item exclusively.
can we raise it to 4-5. some casual players like investing more in one item exclusively.
rE3Y5KV.gif
9OxbHzn.gif
wtivCn6.gif
sFbcJOr.gif
tdycOmb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12