Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Fest items cost progressively more
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
[quote name="@CrazyRedFire" date=2017-12-07 07:23:51] But what about the apparel item? It is plausible that people would want 20 of the apparel item. Heck I'd have gotten 20 of [item=Will o' the Ember] or [item=Solar Blades] if I was able to at the time and probably would be using them all on my dragons right now. As it stands I have 6 of both and won't sell them for any amount of cash. If the price increased every time that would add a lot of stress to my week trying to grind for all that currency... [/quote] I do believe it was stated in the original post (or probably later, I don't remember) that the increases on the apparel items would not go into effect until a later item and/or would not scale up as much, which I agree with. Though it is possible for a user to put twenty of the same item on more than one dragon (or more than one on the same dragon, if they want to show off or something), most users will not. That's why I still think this scaling up would be fine. Those who want twenty can, of course, still have twenty. But I don't like that it is incredibly easy to basically flood the game these items that are [i]perpetually available[/i]. Not only do I think it's too easy to get them now, but I also think it's going to be pretty easy to get them in the future. In short... I don't really think it matters what [i]I[/i] want out of the festivals. I probably would have gotten twenty of each of those items, too. But I ultimately think that (with these new festival items being available forever) it would be better for the site if they had a bit more challenge to obtain them.
@CrazyRedFire wrote on 2017-12-07:
But what about the apparel item? It is plausible that people would want 20 of the apparel item. Heck I'd have gotten 20 of Will o' the Ember or Solar Blades if I was able to at the time and probably would be using them all on my dragons right now. As it stands I have 6 of both and won't sell them for any amount of cash. If the price increased every time that would add a lot of stress to my week trying to grind for all that currency...
I do believe it was stated in the original post (or probably later, I don't remember) that the increases on the apparel items would not go into effect until a later item and/or would not scale up as much, which I agree with.

Though it is possible for a user to put twenty of the same item on more than one dragon (or more than one on the same dragon, if they want to show off or something), most users will not. That's why I still think this scaling up would be fine. Those who want twenty can, of course, still have twenty. But I don't like that it is incredibly easy to basically flood the game these items that are perpetually available. Not only do I think it's too easy to get them now, but I also think it's going to be pretty easy to get them in the future.

In short... I don't really think it matters what I want out of the festivals. I probably would have gotten twenty of each of those items, too. But I ultimately think that (with these new festival items being available forever) it would be better for the site if they had a bit more challenge to obtain them.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Support, I like to stock up on extras with the expectation that they'll be valuable in the future, this would help with that.
Support, I like to stock up on extras with the expectation that they'll be valuable in the future, this would help with that.
This would be a great way to preserve some value of fest items now that they don't retire
This would be a great way to preserve some value of fest items now that they don't retire
wq9PoXA.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12