Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Don't pin Welcome Week news post
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote]As I stated above in my first post, the assumption is the newest update would be first.[/quote] As FloatingInSpace said, it's an assumption that the newest update is first, and it's FULLY JUSTIFIED because newer posts are always first. Always. It's the first time something like this happens and hopefully the last [quote]The thing also with the status box--many of us assumed "Seasonal items" were pre-existing items. Nowhere in the status box does it mention the "Seasonal items" are NEW items. [/quote] This, and also the Cicadas are NOT seasonal items and are not even mentioned in the status box. The status box didn't mention everything and this is why I got puzzled - because I gathered something low-rarity I never saw, despite being level [b]36[/b]
Quote:
As I stated above in my first post, the assumption is the newest update would be first.

As FloatingInSpace said, it's an assumption that the newest update is first, and it's FULLY JUSTIFIED because newer posts are always first. Always. It's the first time something like this happens and hopefully the last
Quote:
The thing also with the status box--many of us assumed "Seasonal items" were pre-existing items. Nowhere in the status box does it mention the "Seasonal items" are NEW items.

This, and also the Cicadas are NOT seasonal items and are not even mentioned in the status box. The status box didn't mention everything and this is why I got puzzled - because I gathered something low-rarity I never saw, despite being level 36
Full support! I had no idea what the status box message was about seasonal items cycling out on the 18th. It wasn't until I checked FR on my phone and accidentally dropped my phone, causing the screen to rotate and the valentines day news to show, that I had any idea they were available.
Full support! I had no idea what the status box message was about seasonal items cycling out on the 18th. It wasn't until I checked FR on my phone and accidentally dropped my phone, causing the screen to rotate and the valentines day news to show, that I had any idea they were available.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
No support.

I like having the welcome week post at the top of the page for newbies. I know older players won't see it as useful because they've probably forgotten what it was like to be new. It takes about two seconds to glance at the status update box, and see that new items will be available at Swipp and Baldwin, and then you click the nice little link that leads you too the update thread, where you find out more about the update.
No support.

I like having the welcome week post at the top of the page for newbies. I know older players won't see it as useful because they've probably forgotten what it was like to be new. It takes about two seconds to glance at the status update box, and see that new items will be available at Swipp and Baldwin, and then you click the nice little link that leads you too the update thread, where you find out more about the update.
thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
PLEASE!

I would have missed all those new items had I not seen a something in another forum topic mentioning it ;n;
PLEASE!

I would have missed all those new items had I not seen a something in another forum topic mentioning it ;n;
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
I literally only noticed something was up when I got a ping from JCStitches for new items this morning. And even there the first thing that showed up was the Volcanic coli area stuff. I thought it was a glitch ping.

I also agree that the Welcome Week shouldn't be pinned, it's in the top right corner on every page. And the date range on the card is from Feb, 12-18. Why would I think to look below it, into the past, for something happening on the 13th? I'm also one of those people who's screen size, at 75%, still wouldn't have seen the post. For me, FR's home page is Welcome week all the way to midway down the random dragon. I only rarely check for exalt bonuses, so I never scroll down either.

I only knew something was up when I went to check the Seasonal items post in the status box. Because I thought the dates looked odd for stopping the Winter vista on the 18th, so I clicked. Surprise, surprise. I had no idea there was a Valentine's thing going on.

We've never done a Valentine's thing before, have we?
I literally only noticed something was up when I got a ping from JCStitches for new items this morning. And even there the first thing that showed up was the Volcanic coli area stuff. I thought it was a glitch ping.

I also agree that the Welcome Week shouldn't be pinned, it's in the top right corner on every page. And the date range on the card is from Feb, 12-18. Why would I think to look below it, into the past, for something happening on the 13th? I'm also one of those people who's screen size, at 75%, still wouldn't have seen the post. For me, FR's home page is Welcome week all the way to midway down the random dragon. I only rarely check for exalt bonuses, so I never scroll down either.

I only knew something was up when I went to check the Seasonal items post in the status box. Because I thought the dates looked odd for stopping the Winter vista on the 18th, so I clicked. Surprise, surprise. I had no idea there was a Valentine's thing going on.

We've never done a Valentine's thing before, have we?
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
[quote name="GouramiGirl" date=2017-02-13 19:27:16] No support. I like having the welcome week post at the top of the page for newbies. I know older players won't see it as useful because they've probably forgotten what it was like to be new. It takes about two seconds to glance at the status update box, and see that new items will be available at Swipp and Baldwin, and then you click the nice little link that leads you too the update thread, where you find out more about the update. [/quote] Did you even read what literally everyone else said here though? We [i]did[/i] glance at the status box and me and everyone else reads 'seasonal items' so we assume 'hey spring vistas and seasonal apparel items are cycling back ok' and that's about it. Nothing was said about NEW items. I don't think FR ever did a valentines day thing before? so this was really not expected, especially with so many updates (not complaining they just don't happen so often after the other) nobody expected it. It's not like everyones ignorant and wont even read the status box, it was just poorly executed, maybe if mentioned hey NEW items or even the 'love is in the air' title they did things could've been different.
GouramiGirl wrote on 2017-02-13:
No support.

Did you even read what literally everyone else said here though? We did glance at the status box and me and everyone else reads 'seasonal items' so we assume 'hey spring vistas and seasonal apparel items are cycling back ok' and that's about it. Nothing was said about NEW items. I don't think FR ever did a valentines day thing before? so this was really not expected, especially with so many updates (not complaining they just don't happen so often after the other) nobody expected it. It's not like everyones ignorant and wont even read the status box, it was just poorly executed, maybe if mentioned hey NEW items or even the 'love is in the air' title they did things could've been different.
Drakengard.gif
Tbh something like welcome week kinda makes more sense to be stuck at the top of the status box, not the news posts.
News is supposed to be New. So newest post first.
Welcome week is a state of being for the site. Therefore a status.
Tbh something like welcome week kinda makes more sense to be stuck at the top of the status box, not the news posts.
News is supposed to be New. So newest post first.
Welcome week is a state of being for the site. Therefore a status.
I think the real suggestion here should be 'word the updates in status box better' rather than 'unpin the welcome week'. If the status box was saying something like 'new love in the air items are available until Feb 18' then there wouldn't be so much puzzled players. It really has less relevance whether the welcome week is at the top or not.
I think the real suggestion here should be 'word the updates in status box better' rather than 'unpin the welcome week'. If the status box was saying something like 'new love in the air items are available until Feb 18' then there wouldn't be so much puzzled players. It really has less relevance whether the welcome week is at the top or not.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
[quote name="hat17" date=2017-02-14 00:51:18] I think the real suggestion here should be 'word the updates in status box better' rather than 'unpin the welcome week'. If the status box was saying something like 'new love in the air items are available until Feb 18' then there wouldn't be so much puzzled players. It really has less relevance whether the welcome week is at the top or not. [/quote] I was pretty much coming to say this. The issue seems to be with the wording in the status box rather than anything else. I believe the welcome week should remain pinned, for those who are new to the site. They need that information, whereas the status box can handle all others. I clicked on the link on the status box just in case (as I always do), despite assuming like others that it was about the winter wind, etc. So rather than unpinning Welcome Week, just word the status box better to make it clear the items are new.
hat17 wrote on 2017-02-14:

I was pretty much coming to say this. The issue seems to be with the wording in the status box rather than anything else. I believe the welcome week should remain pinned, for those who are new to the site. They need that information, whereas the status box can handle all others. I clicked on the link on the status box just in case (as I always do), despite assuming like others that it was about the winter wind, etc. So rather than unpinning Welcome Week, just word the status box better to make it clear the items are new.
[quote name="Zakiaya" date=2017-02-13 11:45:52] [b]The welcome week post isn't really for members though. It's a good way let people who pop in every now and again, just to check what's up, know that thier chance to join is open[/b]. Though the banner does change too, I notice the post before that, and the post also has additional info. I mean, the new update post was right below the welcome week announcement. I didn't even have to scroll to see it, and I usually scroll anyway, just to make sure I've seen all the recent announcements. And it's the exact same size as all the other update posts. And I'm having a hard time believing that most people only look at the status updates, when there is a whole flashy front page to look at too. Or maybe it's because I only glance at the status updates, every now and then, as an afterthought. [/quote] This, and it's meant to inform new members on the ins-and-outs of FR. Saying that though, I'm pretty sure they could put a link to this in the status bar. But yeah, I do support not having the welcome week pinned.
Zakiaya wrote on 2017-02-13:
The welcome week post isn't really for members though. It's a good way let people who pop in every now and again, just to check what's up, know that thier chance to join is open. Though the banner does change too, I notice the post before that, and the post also has additional info.

I mean, the new update post was right below the welcome week announcement. I didn't even have to scroll to see it, and I usually scroll anyway, just to make sure I've seen all the recent announcements. And it's the exact same size as all the other update posts.

And I'm having a hard time believing that most people only look at the status updates, when there is a whole flashy front page to look at too. Or maybe it's because I only glance at the status updates, every now and then, as an afterthought.

This, and it's meant to inform new members on the ins-and-outs of FR. Saying that though, I'm pretty sure they could put a link to this in the status bar.

But yeah, I do support not having the welcome week pinned.
Tn4aWhc.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7