Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Update the tunics?
1 2
I remember reading somewhere that the tunics were made to be anatomically correct, but apparel passes through the membrane now and the tunics look way different to the site style now. Should the tunics get updated art like the pirate apparel?
I remember reading somewhere that the tunics were made to be anatomically correct, but apparel passes through the membrane now and the tunics look way different to the site style now. Should the tunics get updated art like the pirate apparel?
venusaur-mega.gif
Apparel clipped through membranes before the tunics were released. The tunics were an attempt at more realistic apparel that didn't clip membranes due to many complaints about clipping. The tunics may not be popular, but they do have their uses and having a variety of styles is not a bad thing and players still ask for more realistic apparel so taking away one of the realistic apparel items doesn't really make sense. In addition I am not a fan of changing apparel drastically ((I still wish the old armor had retained its original style with just updated lines)) and would rather not see the tunics changed.
Apparel clipped through membranes before the tunics were released. The tunics were an attempt at more realistic apparel that didn't clip membranes due to many complaints about clipping. The tunics may not be popular, but they do have their uses and having a variety of styles is not a bad thing and players still ask for more realistic apparel so taking away one of the realistic apparel items doesn't really make sense. In addition I am not a fan of changing apparel drastically ((I still wish the old armor had retained its original style with just updated lines)) and would rather not see the tunics changed.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Pretty much all of what DragonSage said.
I think the tunics look just fine, the lines are crisp and the colors are nice and whatnot.
Pretty much all of what DragonSage said.
I think the tunics look just fine, the lines are crisp and the colors are nice and whatnot.
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
Agreeing with Dragonsage

I am not a fan of when old art gets updated on various sites. I understand it, but it can and has driven me away from games before.

I think that art updates should be especially thought out when it is something like this. People have bought the tunics and used them because of how they specifically looked. It is the same reasoning as to why most genes won't change drastically after they are released, unless it is an error. People pay money, granted fake money, but sometimes real, to purchase those items and thought should be put into whether it is really worth it to drastically change the looks of those items. Do the benefits of changing them outweigh the potential outrage and disappointment to the user base subset who uses them.
Agreeing with Dragonsage

I am not a fan of when old art gets updated on various sites. I understand it, but it can and has driven me away from games before.

I think that art updates should be especially thought out when it is something like this. People have bought the tunics and used them because of how they specifically looked. It is the same reasoning as to why most genes won't change drastically after they are released, unless it is an error. People pay money, granted fake money, but sometimes real, to purchase those items and thought should be put into whether it is really worth it to drastically change the looks of those items. Do the benefits of changing them outweigh the potential outrage and disappointment to the user base subset who uses them.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I don't think they need to be updated. Art usually gets updated when the style looks out and out of place with the newer art, which I don't feel the Tunics are. I mean, the way they fit the dragon is not like other apparel, but in terms of art style, I think the Tunics are alright.
I don't think they need to be updated. Art usually gets updated when the style looks out and out of place with the newer art, which I don't feel the Tunics are. I mean, the way they fit the dragon is not like other apparel, but in terms of art style, I think the Tunics are alright.
Tn4aWhc.png
I support an update for art style. The tunics look fairly primitive compared to newer apparel art. I'm neither here nor there on the clipping issue, since most apparel seems not to care about that. (How exactly do wing wraps work, anyway?)
I support an update for art style. The tunics look fairly primitive compared to newer apparel art. I'm neither here nor there on the clipping issue, since most apparel seems not to care about that. (How exactly do wing wraps work, anyway?)
Bumping this back up due to the bow redesign!
Bumping this back up due to the bow redesign!
venusaur-mega.gif
I don't think an update is needed. We have other apparel that needs an update much more.
I don't think an update is needed. We have other apparel that needs an update much more.
[quote name="IrritatorRaji" date=2016-12-05 06:31:04] I don't think they need to be updated. Art usually gets updated when the style looks out and out of place with the newer art, which I don't feel the Tunics are. I mean, the way they fit the dragon is not like other apparel, but in terms of art style, I think the Tunics are alright. [/quote] This is still quite applicable. The tunics do not look outdated art style wise. Yes the tunics fit might be different due to the attempt at realism by avoiding clipping but different isn’t necessarily bad and there’s are other apparel that’s fairly different itself. Revamps should only really be for outdated art and personally should keep a similar feel to it.
IrritatorRaji wrote on 2016-12-05:

This is still quite applicable. The tunics do not look outdated art style wise. Yes the tunics fit might be different due to the attempt at realism by avoiding clipping but different isn’t necessarily bad and there’s are other apparel that’s fairly different itself.

Revamps should only really be for outdated art and personally should keep a similar feel to it.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote]The tunics do not look outdated art style wise.[/quote] Mmm, I don't know. I don't think the colors/shading don't fit in with the other clothing. Even the ones that are supposed to look shiny like satin.
Quote:
The tunics do not look outdated art style wise.
Mmm, I don't know. I don't think the colors/shading don't fit in with the other clothing. Even the ones that are supposed to look shiny like satin.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2