Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Breeding Dragons without Trading
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I like the 'breeding dragons without trading" too. I really like @ koben's idea. but other thatn that I kinda don't care how. That is something for the game designers not me.
I like the 'breeding dragons without trading" too. I really like @ koben's idea. but other thatn that I kinda don't care how. That is something for the game designers not me.
While a studding feature would make things easier for people who didn't get a progenitor they wanted, I think the current system can be played effectively if you work up a degree of trust with the person you are trading with. For instance, if you have RPed together for a long time/know eachother well, it should be pretty safe to exchange dragons for breeding/RP purposes. It would foster good ethics and relations, and make developing a community on the site all the more rewarding. The idea of random studding sounds distastefully capitalist to me. XD Above all I just want the male and female dragons to remain equal in their breeding capacities. It would unbalance the game if males were more "productive" that females, or if females automatically got the pick of the litter. Let the users decide how they want to split their eggs. If breeding with a random stranger sounds like risky business, that's because it is.
(Perhaps allow users to form a join lair to place their dragons in, with the option to take your dragon back only appearing after the eggs have hatched. Maybe the user could chose which hatchlings they wanted by interacting with them, in the way you would a familiar?)
While a studding feature would make things easier for people who didn't get a progenitor they wanted, I think the current system can be played effectively if you work up a degree of trust with the person you are trading with. For instance, if you have RPed together for a long time/know eachother well, it should be pretty safe to exchange dragons for breeding/RP purposes. It would foster good ethics and relations, and make developing a community on the site all the more rewarding. The idea of random studding sounds distastefully capitalist to me. XD Above all I just want the male and female dragons to remain equal in their breeding capacities. It would unbalance the game if males were more "productive" that females, or if females automatically got the pick of the litter. Let the users decide how they want to split their eggs. If breeding with a random stranger sounds like risky business, that's because it is.
(Perhaps allow users to form a join lair to place their dragons in, with the option to take your dragon back only appearing after the eggs have hatched. Maybe the user could chose which hatchlings they wanted by interacting with them, in the way you would a familiar?)
one way to assure you get your dragon back, which has been suggested is trade for one of their equally valued dragons OR take a returnable deposit in the way of gems or gold to a value that wouldn't be worth losing
one way to assure you get your dragon back, which has been suggested is trade for one of their equally valued dragons OR take a returnable deposit in the way of gems or gold to a value that wouldn't be worth losing
"so, i would like two thousand words, by a week on friday, on the existance - or not - of dragons."
David felt the colour drain out of his face. "you're joking? THat's impossible. How on earth am i supposed to write that?"
Bergstrom shuffled the papers and said, "Maybe 'where on earth' would be better than 'how'..."
I support this because I desperately want to breed my progenitors with my friend's progenitors. We've been role playing them together, and as they have ~relationships~ together, we really want them to be able to have babies together, too! And I know for a fact that we're far from the only users who want very badly to be able to breed their progenitors with others.

I'm fine with having my progenitors locked to my account. I'd never want to give them up! But I really ******* want to breed them. PLEASE.
I support this because I desperately want to breed my progenitors with my friend's progenitors. We've been role playing them together, and as they have ~relationships~ together, we really want them to be able to have babies together, too! And I know for a fact that we're far from the only users who want very badly to be able to breed their progenitors with others.

I'm fine with having my progenitors locked to my account. I'd never want to give them up! But I really ******* want to breed them. PLEASE.
nemo sum, nihil sum, tenebrae sum, silentium sum, liber sum
I would support this for my own selfish reasons, but I can see where the admin are coming from. It would be really impractical lore-wise, but people are still going to do the same thing that would happen if this was implemented, which would be breeding the dragons and then sending one back.
If this were implemented, it would make no risk whatsoever to the owners while they do the same thing they were gonna do anyway.

I would support this if there was a way to have it make sense, like..

A way to trade dragons with a time limit, and after that time the dragon is automatically returned to the owner, that way they can be part of the clan, breed, and leave for their clan. The eggs would be hatched in the time limit that the dragon has, (so the limit would be like 6-7 days).

So I both support and don't support this, depending on how it's implemented.
I would support this for my own selfish reasons, but I can see where the admin are coming from. It would be really impractical lore-wise, but people are still going to do the same thing that would happen if this was implemented, which would be breeding the dragons and then sending one back.
If this were implemented, it would make no risk whatsoever to the owners while they do the same thing they were gonna do anyway.

I would support this if there was a way to have it make sense, like..

A way to trade dragons with a time limit, and after that time the dragon is automatically returned to the owner, that way they can be part of the clan, breed, and leave for their clan. The eggs would be hatched in the time limit that the dragon has, (so the limit would be like 6-7 days).

So I both support and don't support this, depending on how it's implemented.
33955360_ee9nt9Y6Z9u7RpD.gif
I understand where people are coming from with the canon and not harming the "team" thought process of the site.

However, as a user, I would appreciate the feature.
Maybe only have studding between those in the same element as you?
That way the team stays the same?
I understand where people are coming from with the canon and not harming the "team" thought process of the site.

However, as a user, I would appreciate the feature.
Maybe only have studding between those in the same element as you?
That way the team stays the same?
Reading both sides of the argument, while canonically it seems like a good idea not to have studding, I think down the long road without some sort of way to "stud" the dragons on site is going to cause problems, even if there is a deposit of some sort for the dragon that is being loaned out. So I support some sort of breeding system to avoid what it could become in the future.
Reading both sides of the argument, while canonically it seems like a good idea not to have studding, I think down the long road without some sort of way to "stud" the dragons on site is going to cause problems, even if there is a deposit of some sort for the dragon that is being loaned out. So I support some sort of breeding system to avoid what it could become in the future.
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_nbefjbkpeK1qg78ij.png tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif
A breeding system that allows for two users to select dragons that they want to breed, with only having access to their own dragon, AND both dragons retaining their respective Cooldowns for breeding would be nice.

Since breeding cooldown is to indicate Dragons needing to take care of the egg/hatchling(s), why not Lock the 2 dragons into the "Dragon Meet" nest until the the eggs hatch(No Coliseum) and keep them in the Nest until hatchling grows up(Can do everything same as usual on your own Dragon's Lair page, they're just in the Joint nest).

Select how the offspring will be divided BEFORE breeding: Say "Uneven(1,3,5) Hatchling>Mother/Father". You only get to decide How many hatchlings you get, which hatchlings you get is up to RNG. (You can always just trade later)

It should require both users to input a password for security(No hackers locking out your dragons in a breeding with some random dragons).

Perhaps make it "seasonal", as in Dragons being able to breed with ones outside of their own clan once in 1 month(Commons)/2 Months(Uncommon)/3 months(Rare).

If you want to breed outside your own Flight the Cooldown should AT LEAST double. The offspring you would get will be of your own clan, to make the option of breeding only for looks, rather than different Elements.
A breeding system that allows for two users to select dragons that they want to breed, with only having access to their own dragon, AND both dragons retaining their respective Cooldowns for breeding would be nice.

Since breeding cooldown is to indicate Dragons needing to take care of the egg/hatchling(s), why not Lock the 2 dragons into the "Dragon Meet" nest until the the eggs hatch(No Coliseum) and keep them in the Nest until hatchling grows up(Can do everything same as usual on your own Dragon's Lair page, they're just in the Joint nest).

Select how the offspring will be divided BEFORE breeding: Say "Uneven(1,3,5) Hatchling>Mother/Father". You only get to decide How many hatchlings you get, which hatchlings you get is up to RNG. (You can always just trade later)

It should require both users to input a password for security(No hackers locking out your dragons in a breeding with some random dragons).

Perhaps make it "seasonal", as in Dragons being able to breed with ones outside of their own clan once in 1 month(Commons)/2 Months(Uncommon)/3 months(Rare).

If you want to breed outside your own Flight the Cooldown should AT LEAST double. The offspring you would get will be of your own clan, to make the option of breeding only for looks, rather than different Elements.
[quote name="LuckyRare" date="2013-06-16 10:37:16" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=3&id=19662#87349"]A breeding system that allows for two users to select dragons that they want to breed, with only having access to their own dragon, AND both dragons retaining their respective Cooldowns for breeding would be nice. Since breeding cooldown is to indicate [u]Dragons needing to take care of the egg/hatchling(s[/u]), why not [b]Lock[/b] the 2 dragons into the[b] "Dragon Meet"[/b] nest until the the eggs hatch(No Coliseum) and keep them in the Nest until hatchling grows up(Can do everything same as usual on your own Dragon's Lair page, they're just in the Joint nest). Select how the offspring will be divided[b] BEFORE[/b] breeding: Say "Uneven(1,3,5) Hatchling>Mother/Father". You only get to decide [u]How many[/u] hatchlings you get, which hatchlings you get is up to RNG. (You can always just trade later) It should require both users to input a password for[b] security[/b](No hackers locking out your dragons in a breeding with some random dragons). Perhaps make it [b]"seasonal"[/b], as in Dragons being able to breed with ones outside of their own clan once in 1 month(Commons)/2 Months(Uncommon)/3 months(Rare). If you want to breed outside your own Flight the Cooldown should AT LEAST double.[/quote] I would support this and only this there should be some kind of negative to breeding with someone elses dragons other wise your going to have frivolous breeding which can knock down the need for new blood in clans.

If you want to breed outside your own Flight the Cooldown should AT LEAST double.
I would support this and only this

there should be some kind of negative to breeding with someone elses dragons other wise your going to have frivolous breeding which can knock down the need for new blood in clans.
WINDSINGER_sig.png
If they're stuck in the joint nest, how is clan decided?

I'm against this idea. The game is unique in that it doesn't use studding, among other things, and I like that. There have been way too many games where studding has been introduced and the economy of the site took a dump.

What it seems to be to me is that people were sending dragons to other players to breed, with the promise of getting half a clutch of new elemented eggs, and getting scammed. 1) Why would you ever trust someone you don't know with your precious dragons? 2) If you want new blood, trade or buy. You will still get new elements with the added bonus of getting new hatchlings. I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but that's my view. No hard feelings.

If a studding system is ever implemented, I believe it should be either with people on your friend's list only, or within your element only, but not both. If you want different elements that badly, you can buy/trade/gather/battle.

I also highly believe that this would devalue the coliseum otherwise. You spend time battling for many reasons. Exalting higher level dragons brings more treasure, every flight likes to see their element filling the boards, but also to get eggs from your enemies. Putting in a studding system that can possibly give you different elements effectively eliminates a third of the Coliseum's value (again, how would clan even be decided?).

Besides, how would that fit with the lore? A Shadow and a Light can be friend's IRL, or even in a RP, but we oppose each other according to the backstory. You expect our dragons to have some sort of goodwill conjugal visit?

Sheesh, long-winded, huh? Sorry! But that's my thoughts on it. Like I said, I don't mean to step on anyone's toes.
If they're stuck in the joint nest, how is clan decided?

I'm against this idea. The game is unique in that it doesn't use studding, among other things, and I like that. There have been way too many games where studding has been introduced and the economy of the site took a dump.

What it seems to be to me is that people were sending dragons to other players to breed, with the promise of getting half a clutch of new elemented eggs, and getting scammed. 1) Why would you ever trust someone you don't know with your precious dragons? 2) If you want new blood, trade or buy. You will still get new elements with the added bonus of getting new hatchlings. I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but that's my view. No hard feelings.

If a studding system is ever implemented, I believe it should be either with people on your friend's list only, or within your element only, but not both. If you want different elements that badly, you can buy/trade/gather/battle.

I also highly believe that this would devalue the coliseum otherwise. You spend time battling for many reasons. Exalting higher level dragons brings more treasure, every flight likes to see their element filling the boards, but also to get eggs from your enemies. Putting in a studding system that can possibly give you different elements effectively eliminates a third of the Coliseum's value (again, how would clan even be decided?).

Besides, how would that fit with the lore? A Shadow and a Light can be friend's IRL, or even in a RP, but we oppose each other according to the backstory. You expect our dragons to have some sort of goodwill conjugal visit?

Sheesh, long-winded, huh? Sorry! But that's my thoughts on it. Like I said, I don't mean to step on anyone's toes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8