Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Breeding Dragons without Trading
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Support for this. Would love to see breeding between friends that are on your friends list, with the random number of eggs applying to both parties but with the same roll, not two different rolls. After that either party could just trade the offspring they like better from the brood.
Support for this. Would love to see breeding between friends that are on your friends list, with the random number of eggs applying to both parties but with the same roll, not two different rolls. After that either party could just trade the offspring they like better from the brood.
Total support. I don't think I would ever give one of my dragons away for breeding purposes.
Total support. I don't think I would ever give one of my dragons away for breeding purposes.

What is dead may never die
In theory, I like the idea of breeding being only within the clan. In practice, not so much.

I was really disappointed to learn that not only does element affect abilities and eye color, but any future hatchlings I breed will always be lightning, even if I used non-lightning parents. Aesthetically, aqua eyes will not work for every color scheme. :|

In other to get other eye colors / abilities, I'll either have to get lucky with eggs OR send my dragons off to breed at a friend's house.

Safely breeding with other players is a practically necessity, both to prevent unnecessary scamming reports, but also to ensure that players have more reason to play together. This isn't beta, but live, and the internet is coming in droves.

If lore is absolutely inflexible on that front, then adjusting the mechanics may be necessary. I would suggest things like a breeding cooldown penalty for freshly traded dragons to deter abuse and the ability to produce elemental hatchlings that are not your clan's home element, even if at a greatly reduced chance. But I don't see how lore can't be adjusted to suit a rapidly growing playerbase.

tl;dr: I like dragons. Give cross-clan breeding with friends, please.
In theory, I like the idea of breeding being only within the clan. In practice, not so much.

I was really disappointed to learn that not only does element affect abilities and eye color, but any future hatchlings I breed will always be lightning, even if I used non-lightning parents. Aesthetically, aqua eyes will not work for every color scheme. :|

In other to get other eye colors / abilities, I'll either have to get lucky with eggs OR send my dragons off to breed at a friend's house.

Safely breeding with other players is a practically necessity, both to prevent unnecessary scamming reports, but also to ensure that players have more reason to play together. This isn't beta, but live, and the internet is coming in droves.

If lore is absolutely inflexible on that front, then adjusting the mechanics may be necessary. I would suggest things like a breeding cooldown penalty for freshly traded dragons to deter abuse and the ability to produce elemental hatchlings that are not your clan's home element, even if at a greatly reduced chance. But I don't see how lore can't be adjusted to suit a rapidly growing playerbase.

tl;dr: I like dragons. Give cross-clan breeding with friends, please.
perhaps breeding between clans could be handled with mutual effort

add a new area name the courting ground:
this area would be for were a user could request another user's dragon for a meeting,
the users would then work on having their dragons interact (they can be both positive or negitive- negitive intractings could accout for the fact that some dragons might not get along well at first)
interacting would take energy and award maybe some kinda loot.

Once the dragons get acquainted enough, they could have access to the courting nest. this nest would be able to be interacted with by both parties (each person would need to take care of the nest *unless the box to forfit the eggs was check , and would block out a slot in both of their own personal nests.
Ideally (at least for me) this nest would only be able to hold 2 eggs.
Each egg would get one of the elements.

prearranged user deals would be made in an area of the ground where a mod could see them so if there were any problems a mediator could enter the picture.

any of the parties would be able to use the boon on the nest.
each user would only be able to get one hatchling form the nest (unless user b checks a box that could forfit the second egg to the other user THIS would have to be done upon breeding)
perhaps breeding between clans could be handled with mutual effort

add a new area name the courting ground:
this area would be for were a user could request another user's dragon for a meeting,
the users would then work on having their dragons interact (they can be both positive or negitive- negitive intractings could accout for the fact that some dragons might not get along well at first)
interacting would take energy and award maybe some kinda loot.

Once the dragons get acquainted enough, they could have access to the courting nest. this nest would be able to be interacted with by both parties (each person would need to take care of the nest *unless the box to forfit the eggs was check , and would block out a slot in both of their own personal nests.
Ideally (at least for me) this nest would only be able to hold 2 eggs.
Each egg would get one of the elements.

prearranged user deals would be made in an area of the ground where a mod could see them so if there were any problems a mediator could enter the picture.

any of the parties would be able to use the boon on the nest.
each user would only be able to get one hatchling form the nest (unless user b checks a box that could forfit the second egg to the other user THIS would have to be done upon breeding)
Nn4nss2.gif - wish i could remember who did this tauros.gif
@koben
I do like this idea, it gives enough of a drawback so that breeding within the clan is preferable, but what's going to stop people from just temporarily trading over dragons as they are currently, which won't have the downsides to this method?

The idea of cross-clan breeding within the flight sounds good. It encourages people in the flight to support each other and limits the size of the breeding pool so buying and selling hatchlings is still encouraged.
@koben
I do like this idea, it gives enough of a drawback so that breeding within the clan is preferable, but what's going to stop people from just temporarily trading over dragons as they are currently, which won't have the downsides to this method?

The idea of cross-clan breeding within the flight sounds good. It encourages people in the flight to support each other and limits the size of the breeding pool so buying and selling hatchlings is still encouraged.
@snowii (i dont know how to do what you just did x3 )
the drawback of not using that system is the honer system, if user b chooses to exault said dragon that was sent over for breeding...
the reason people are asking for a out of cave breeding system is to avoid possible scamming (and maybe just having an easier way to breed), so if you trust the other user 100% you should still be able to do it the other way. just dont get mad if a mod doesnt come to the rescue.
@snowii (i dont know how to do what you just did x3 )
the drawback of not using that system is the honer system, if user b chooses to exault said dragon that was sent over for breeding...
the reason people are asking for a out of cave breeding system is to avoid possible scamming (and maybe just having an easier way to breed), so if you trust the other user 100% you should still be able to do it the other way. just dont get mad if a mod doesnt come to the rescue.
Nn4nss2.gif - wish i could remember who did this tauros.gif
I'm seeing a lot of "Well we were in beta testing, you weren't, so shove it." here and it's quite unsettling.

So far it seems like a lot of people are wanting some sort of studding option, and if the masses want it, hell why not give it to them? In my opinion it would make the game more enjoyable.

Yes, perhaps the "small" group that played during closed beta had certain opinions about things, but compared to how many people exist on the rest of the internet that wanted to play during that time span but could not you cannot simply write off requests made during closed beta that are then made again later.
I'm seeing a lot of "Well we were in beta testing, you weren't, so shove it." here and it's quite unsettling.

So far it seems like a lot of people are wanting some sort of studding option, and if the masses want it, hell why not give it to them? In my opinion it would make the game more enjoyable.

Yes, perhaps the "small" group that played during closed beta had certain opinions about things, but compared to how many people exist on the rest of the internet that wanted to play during that time span but could not you cannot simply write off requests made during closed beta that are then made again later.
"Someday you'll be able to just walk right past a fez!"
My Hatchery! - Come take a look! I have some pairs I'm really excited about! :3 Maybe you'll like what you see?
badge1_zps1cb9dc8f.png
@koben
True, I suppose I was more thinking along the lines that peopel currently seem to swap dragons of equal value for insurance, but yeah that method would be good for people who are unsure of how trustworthy the other person is. I suppose that would mean people would have to build up a reputation for being trustworthy first before people would be willing to do 'trade breeding'. If people are keen enough they'll do it anyway, but I would be curious to see how offering the option with drawbacks would affect the desire to do temporary trade breeding.
@koben
True, I suppose I was more thinking along the lines that peopel currently seem to swap dragons of equal value for insurance, but yeah that method would be good for people who are unsure of how trustworthy the other person is. I suppose that would mean people would have to build up a reputation for being trustworthy first before people would be willing to do 'trade breeding'. If people are keen enough they'll do it anyway, but I would be curious to see how offering the option with drawbacks would affect the desire to do temporary trade breeding.
@JadeRavenwing
We aren't saying "shove it", we are passing on what happened in beta. Similar problems popped up and we tried them out and we are sharing information. I understand that it can be unsettling when people shoot down what you want just because of a past reason or personal belief, and I would hate to hear of beta testers thinking that they were higher than anybody else just for testing.
I'm sorry if a beta was mean or hurtful to you or on a subject, but I'm speaking for myself and a few beta friends when I say we are just sharing what happened in beta and not meaning any harm. And, of course, our own views on it. Still, beta should never be an excuse as to why they are right.
@JadeRavenwing
We aren't saying "shove it", we are passing on what happened in beta. Similar problems popped up and we tried them out and we are sharing information. I understand that it can be unsettling when people shoot down what you want just because of a past reason or personal belief, and I would hate to hear of beta testers thinking that they were higher than anybody else just for testing.
I'm sorry if a beta was mean or hurtful to you or on a subject, but I'm speaking for myself and a few beta friends when I say we are just sharing what happened in beta and not meaning any harm. And, of course, our own views on it. Still, beta should never be an excuse as to why they are right.
466w8yC.png
I support the 'breeding dragons without trading' idea (I don't have a specific view on how it should work) for a reason ecks gave, eye color. I chose Lightning because I thought it fit me, but now I'm thinking I should've chosen Ice for practical breeding reasons. x_x
I support the 'breeding dragons without trading' idea (I don't have a specific view on how it should work) for a reason ecks gave, eye color. I chose Lightning because I thought it fit me, but now I'm thinking I should've chosen Ice for practical breeding reasons. x_x
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8