Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Fake/Knockoff Sprites
1 2 3 4
[s]Before you bite my head off, hear me out. [b]These will not be like the elemental bears.[/b][/s] [b]EDIT 6/16: Changing my mind. I think they should be like the mimic bears.[/b] Having said that, there's been a lot of debate in the new update with the spare chestes, right? And Undel just announced she'd like some of the heated debate somewhere else. So, someone mentioned [b]fake or knockoff[/b] Sprites. I am totally down for this idea. Boolean has one, by the way! [quote name="Firtarian" date=2016-06-15 21:11:10] How about we release the Sprites with a mark or something that signifies it as not being one of the original released during the holidays. That way people who want them for status can get them for outrageous prices, and those who want them for aesthetic can get them for aesthetic. [/quote] [size=3]Full credit to @Firtarian[/size]
Before you bite my head off, hear me out.

These will not be like the elemental bears.

EDIT 6/16: Changing my mind. I think they should be like the mimic bears.

Having said that, there's been a lot of debate in the new update with the spare chestes, right? And Undel just announced she'd like some of the heated debate somewhere else.

So, someone mentioned fake or knockoff Sprites. I am totally down for this idea.

Boolean has one, by the way!
Firtarian wrote on 2016-06-15:
How about we release the Sprites with a mark or something that signifies it as not being one of the original released during the holidays. That way people who want them for status can get them for outrageous prices, and those who want them for aesthetic can get them for aesthetic.

Full credit to @Firtarian
z0d96Tv.png peri, he/him
adult
fr time
quitting/gone
They should be like the bears, though. The bears were done right.

It shouldn't be just an asterisk. Not just "light sprite a little to the left"

You should ABSOLUTELY, and at FIRST GLANCE, be able to see if it's a legit Light Sprite, or a knockoff.

They should be like the bears, though. The bears were done right.

It shouldn't be just an asterisk. Not just "light sprite a little to the left"

You should ABSOLUTELY, and at FIRST GLANCE, be able to see if it's a legit Light Sprite, or a knockoff.

@Sopheroo -

Well, I suppose that could work. Either way, just make them differ from the original Sprites.
@Sopheroo -

Well, I suppose that could work. Either way, just make them differ from the original Sprites.
z0d96Tv.png peri, he/him
adult
fr time
quitting/gone
I like the idea of knock off Sprites. Obvious recolors are the only way I'm going to get any Sprites of my own. I think if they were switched around then it would be really nice. Like, for example, switch the color palettes of the Sprites to their opposing element, should they have one.

Earth --> Wind
Water --> Fire
Shadow --> Light
Nature --> Plague

Unfortunately, Lightning, Arcane, and Ice aren't really in relation to each other and with an odd number of Flights it always leave someone out, but it's still an interesting thing to think about. If we have recolors of the Bears and possible recolors of the Acolytes, I don't see why Sprites should be an exception. Recolors/Fakes won't affect the real Sprite market.
I like the idea of knock off Sprites. Obvious recolors are the only way I'm going to get any Sprites of my own. I think if they were switched around then it would be really nice. Like, for example, switch the color palettes of the Sprites to their opposing element, should they have one.

Earth --> Wind
Water --> Fire
Shadow --> Light
Nature --> Plague

Unfortunately, Lightning, Arcane, and Ice aren't really in relation to each other and with an odd number of Flights it always leave someone out, but it's still an interesting thing to think about. If we have recolors of the Bears and possible recolors of the Acolytes, I don't see why Sprites should be an exception. Recolors/Fakes won't affect the real Sprite market.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
@mcalli

Lightning and Arcane are opposite, as in it's technology vs magic.

Ice is the odd one out
@mcalli

Lightning and Arcane are opposite, as in it's technology vs magic.

Ice is the odd one out
@Sopheroo

Oh, I didn't read it like that, but it makes sense. Nice! I suppose, with Ice being the odd one out, it could be a color-swap, as in the complete opposite of its current colors -- The knock off Ice Sprite would look more like a Soot Sprite in that case.
@Sopheroo

Oh, I didn't read it like that, but it makes sense. Nice! I suppose, with Ice being the odd one out, it could be a color-swap, as in the complete opposite of its current colors -- The knock off Ice Sprite would look more like a Soot Sprite in that case.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
The Bears were done right, in that the 'fake' Bears are totally separate and their own Familiar in their own right. The only thing done wrong about Bears was allowing the absolute FLOOD of them that happened. ;D

I would be okay with Fake Sprites. That way, everyone could get a Sprite, but the originals would retain their value.
The Bears were done right, in that the 'fake' Bears are totally separate and their own Familiar in their own right. The only thing done wrong about Bears was allowing the absolute FLOOD of them that happened. ;D

I would be okay with Fake Sprites. That way, everyone could get a Sprite, but the originals would retain their value.
drpusig1_zpsjz7uct4m.pngwindright_zpsee23nxkw.png
Ignoring the retired sprites, I would totally love mimic sprites and guardians as their own, unique items with new Beastiary entries. I love putting pairs of familiars on my dragon pairs.
Ignoring the retired sprites, I would totally love mimic sprites and guardians as their own, unique items with new Beastiary entries. I love putting pairs of familiars on my dragon pairs.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
And the fakes could all wear fezzes.
And the fakes could all wear fezzes.
I80GO9S.png
I fully support sprite and elemental soldier mimics. I'm hoping that's what they mean when they talk about special recoloured familiars in the chests, to be fair.
I fully support sprite and elemental soldier mimics. I'm hoping that's what they mean when they talk about special recoloured familiars in the chests, to be fair.
1 2 3 4