Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Sending dragons with their apparel
1 2
I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but man I would love to be able to send dragons with their apparel still on them! Its a pain to have to undress a dragon to ship off for a week for breeding, and then forget what they were wearing when you get them back. Or if you want to send someone the dragon with the apparel, it would be a ton easier than having to do all that extra work of putting down each and every piece of apparel that was on the dragon.
I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but man I would love to be able to send dragons with their apparel still on them! Its a pain to have to undress a dragon to ship off for a week for breeding, and then forget what they were wearing when you get them back. Or if you want to send someone the dragon with the apparel, it would be a ton easier than having to do all that extra work of putting down each and every piece of apparel that was on the dragon.
I collect
Ghostly Aura Pale Pink Rose Blue Rose Worn Pincushion Stuffed Pincushion
No.

People keep apparel on dragons to stop from exalting them. Imagine if one had a valuable piece of apparel on and was in a crossroads. The player goes to remove the apparel but nope, CR has been accepted, goodbye pricy apparel.

You can take a screenshot to remember it. That's a lot easier.
No.

People keep apparel on dragons to stop from exalting them. Imagine if one had a valuable piece of apparel on and was in a crossroads. The player goes to remove the apparel but nope, CR has been accepted, goodbye pricy apparel.

You can take a screenshot to remember it. That's a lot easier.
No support.

Mostly because I use apparel and familiars to prevent accidental trading or exalting or selling of any dragons I have. it acts as a safety measure for mistakes that can be made. Although it is very annoying to have to strip a dragon of everything before sending it through the CR, it also isn't crippling to game play. It just takes a few seconds of someone's time.

To me, spending the few extra seconds is better than accidentally making a mistake when trading a dragon.
No support.

Mostly because I use apparel and familiars to prevent accidental trading or exalting or selling of any dragons I have. it acts as a safety measure for mistakes that can be made. Although it is very annoying to have to strip a dragon of everything before sending it through the CR, it also isn't crippling to game play. It just takes a few seconds of someone's time.

To me, spending the few extra seconds is better than accidentally making a mistake when trading a dragon.
@Vely @Dew I see your point, but that could be saved by adding an option button. A little popup that reads something like

"This dragon has apparel on it. Send anyways?"
@Vely @Dew I see your point, but that could be saved by adding an option button. A little popup that reads something like

I collect
Ghostly Aura Pale Pink Rose Blue Rose Worn Pincushion Stuffed Pincushion
Sorry but I don't think you should be able to send dragons that are dressed through the crossroads. Apparel acts as a safeguard to prevent things like accidental selling or exalting. In addition this could mean players loose expensive apparel if they forget to remove it when they send a dragon through crossroads. I do not think a pop up would be useful. There are already too many, that players auto-click through, and in doing so they could lose a dragon they did not mean to trade or an expensive piece of apparel.

If you want to send clothing with a dragon, the crossroads allows you to send the dragon and the apparel in the same crossroads (the clothing just needs to be attached). If you want to keep a record of the clothing you can list it in the bio or record it with a screenshot.
Sorry but I don't think you should be able to send dragons that are dressed through the crossroads. Apparel acts as a safeguard to prevent things like accidental selling or exalting. In addition this could mean players loose expensive apparel if they forget to remove it when they send a dragon through crossroads. I do not think a pop up would be useful. There are already too many, that players auto-click through, and in doing so they could lose a dragon they did not mean to trade or an expensive piece of apparel.

If you want to send clothing with a dragon, the crossroads allows you to send the dragon and the apparel in the same crossroads (the clothing just needs to be attached). If you want to keep a record of the clothing you can list it in the bio or record it with a screenshot.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@TheCrossroads

That might help, but we already have people exalt dragons that they didn't want to exalt because they ignored the confirmation. And selling things for the wrong prices. Selling items they didn't want to, so on and so forth.

Most people just click blindly because the site has far too many confirmation windows as it is.

Someone would make the mistake with a dragon, click "yes" without paying attention, then the deed is done.

Perhaps if there was another way to do this without the risk of someone not paying attention only to regret it later (like with exalting and selling items), then I would support. But with the mechanics right now, I don't think it is possible.

I could be wrong though, but that's where I stand at the moment~.
@TheCrossroads

That might help, but we already have people exalt dragons that they didn't want to exalt because they ignored the confirmation. And selling things for the wrong prices. Selling items they didn't want to, so on and so forth.

Most people just click blindly because the site has far too many confirmation windows as it is.

Someone would make the mistake with a dragon, click "yes" without paying attention, then the deed is done.

Perhaps if there was another way to do this without the risk of someone not paying attention only to regret it later (like with exalting and selling items), then I would support. But with the mechanics right now, I don't think it is possible.

I could be wrong though, but that's where I stand at the moment~.
[quote name="TheCrossroads" date=2016-06-12 17:55:43] @ Vely @ Dew I see your point, but that could be saved by adding an option button. A little popup that reads something like "This dragon has apparel on it. Send anyways?" [/quote] There already a confirmation button. We don't need more. Also, I think that having a familiar or apparel/skin should stay being something that can prevent people from accidentally sending items with their dragons. I know my sister and I have often forgotten to remove apparel from the dragons we send back and forth. Now imagine if I were selling a dragon I have had for a long time (Which I just did, sold one of the dragons I Had bought when I first joined) and forgot to remove a festival skin/apparel? While the person I sold the dragon too would have given the stuff back, not everyone would. Sorry No support.
TheCrossroads wrote on 2016-06-12:
@ Vely @ Dew I see your point, but that could be saved by adding an option button. A little popup that reads something like

There already a confirmation button. We don't need more.

Also, I think that having a familiar or apparel/skin should stay being something that can prevent people from accidentally sending items with their dragons. I know my sister and I have often forgotten to remove apparel from the dragons we send back and forth. Now imagine if I were selling a dragon I have had for a long time (Which I just did, sold one of the dragons I Had bought when I first joined) and forgot to remove a festival skin/apparel? While the person I sold the dragon too would have given the stuff back, not everyone would.

Sorry No support.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I'm sort of neutral leaning towards support on this because I can see myself using it a lot for various purposes. I would not, however, support being able to sell (through the auction house) or exalt dragons with apparel. This feature would stay specifically in the crossroads.

The arguments against it above me are valid and I can understand why the system is the way it is. If there would be an unobtrusive way to send a dragon with apparel- maybe a checkbox, unchecked as default that says "send with equipment". Then once you check the box, once you hit send, you will get the additional "are you sure you want to send this dragon and its apparel?" pop up. This pop up would be absent if you did not manually check the "send with equipment" box prior making it unintrusive and changing no mechanics of how sending dragons currently work.
I'm sort of neutral leaning towards support on this because I can see myself using it a lot for various purposes. I would not, however, support being able to sell (through the auction house) or exalt dragons with apparel. This feature would stay specifically in the crossroads.

The arguments against it above me are valid and I can understand why the system is the way it is. If there would be an unobtrusive way to send a dragon with apparel- maybe a checkbox, unchecked as default that says "send with equipment". Then once you check the box, once you hit send, you will get the additional "are you sure you want to send this dragon and its apparel?" pop up. This pop up would be absent if you did not manually check the "send with equipment" box prior making it unintrusive and changing no mechanics of how sending dragons currently work.
Gonna have to say no support, because I personally put apparels on my dragons to prevent them from being CR'd (that and the valuable apparel argument, though I don't have enough valuable apparel to plop it on fodder just yet.)
Gonna have to say no support, because I personally put apparels on my dragons to prevent them from being CR'd (that and the valuable apparel argument, though I don't have enough valuable apparel to plop it on fodder just yet.)
I'm gonna breed change all the deities into Wildclaws.
Looking to buy a 5 digit, btw!
Support, This is a good idea and I see your point, It IS annoying when you have to remove ALL the apparel just to send them off, and skins too, maybe also add a lock sign that locks the apparel in place on the dragon so the other player cannot remove it and keep it for themselves :)
Support, This is a good idea and I see your point, It IS annoying when you have to remove ALL the apparel just to send them off, and skins too, maybe also add a lock sign that locks the apparel in place on the dragon so the other player cannot remove it and keep it for themselves :)
1 2