Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Eye Color Wheel
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Interesting idea, but I ONLY support it if there will be items that let you change if they're light/normal/dark. It's hard enough getting the right element for some dream dragons so it would suck finding the right colours with the right breed and the right element only for the eyes to throw it all off. Although I am not sure how you would make the current ice eyes lighter... unless the current colour is the 'light' varient.
Interesting idea, but I ONLY support it if there will be items that let you change if they're light/normal/dark. It's hard enough getting the right element for some dream dragons so it would suck finding the right colours with the right breed and the right element only for the eyes to throw it all off. Although I am not sure how you would make the current ice eyes lighter... unless the current colour is the 'light' varient.
Hanging by a broken thread
Hi folks,

Just a quick reminder that the staff is looking for actionable feedback of why you do or do not like a specific idea.
Quote:
The Suggestions Forum is a discussion forum, not a petition forum. Replies may not have ONLY the following in them:
  • “Support”
  • “No support”
  • Quoting another post
  • Quoting another post with ONLY “support/no support”

Any posts not in line with the suggestions forum policy have been removed.
Thank you,
Gaia
Hi folks,

Just a quick reminder that the staff is looking for actionable feedback of why you do or do not like a specific idea.
Quote:
The Suggestions Forum is a discussion forum, not a petition forum. Replies may not have ONLY the following in them:
  • “Support”
  • “No support”
  • Quoting another post
  • Quoting another post with ONLY “support/no support”

Any posts not in line with the suggestions forum policy have been removed.
Thank you,
Gaia
I think that this would be a good idea for an apparel item. One item for the darker shade of your dragon's eye colour, and another one for the lighter shade. That way no one's breeding pairs could be messed up with improper eyes, and people who really want the different eye colours won't have to breed for them, especially if they want to change the eye colour for an already-existing dragon. There have already been contact lens suggestions. And there won't be any confusion with the dragon's element, since you have to remove all apparel before trading/selling.
I think that this would be a good idea for an apparel item. One item for the darker shade of your dragon's eye colour, and another one for the lighter shade. That way no one's breeding pairs could be messed up with improper eyes, and people who really want the different eye colours won't have to breed for them, especially if they want to change the eye colour for an already-existing dragon. There have already been contact lens suggestions. And there won't be any confusion with the dragon's element, since you have to remove all apparel before trading/selling.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
Support! I also agree with this point: [quote name="Inkdeer" date=2015-11-15 02:44:32] In the case of Ice (and maybe shadow?) I think the current colours should be made light and dark respectively (as in assigning light/dark genes to the dragons that already have them, not changing the dragon in any way) so that ice could go icy white -> pale silver blue -> blue grey and shadow could go lilac -> purple -> current purple. Otherwise ice's lighter version would be too subtle to notice on most dragons. If it was done like this you could possibly give users the choice between that and the new medium colour for each dragon, meaning that no breeding pairs dependant on eye colour got screwed up. [/quote] I feel like this could also apply to Water eyes, which are pretty dark (therefore it'd be something like Sky --> Caribbean --> current color)
Support!

I also agree with this point:
Inkdeer wrote on 2015-11-15:
In the case of Ice (and maybe shadow?) I think the current colours should be made light and dark respectively (as in assigning light/dark genes to the dragons that already have them, not changing the dragon in any way) so that ice could go icy white -> pale silver blue -> blue grey and shadow could go lilac -> purple -> current purple. Otherwise ice's lighter version would be too subtle to notice on most dragons. If it was done like this you could possibly give users the choice between that and the new medium colour for each dragon, meaning that no breeding pairs dependant on eye colour got screwed up.

I feel like this could also apply to Water eyes, which are pretty dark (therefore it'd be something like Sky --> Caribbean --> current color)
Accent Shop

Doodle Shop
soudasig_by_eggdis-dbau8f2.png
Tentative support for being able to buy a Gem scroll for eye shade, or maybe apparel, but no support for genetics. Different eye shades from the default should be something that someone would want enough to buy, I think, not through random chance.
Tentative support for being able to buy a Gem scroll for eye shade, or maybe apparel, but no support for genetics. Different eye shades from the default should be something that someone would want enough to buy, I think, not through random chance.
• FR+18 • She/They •
IKTR - Fandragons in Invictus, Hallownest, Equestria, and Fandragon Tabs
[quote name="indecisive" date=2015-11-15 03:26:25] No support, unless we figure out a solution for the fact that wind/nature, fire/light, shadow/arcane, and lightning/water/ice are literally just different darknesses of each other. [/quote] [quote name="Koffein" date=2015-11-15 04:30:37] If Plague eyes are Red and Arcane eyes are pink...Well, pink is just a lighter shade of Red. And I really don't want dragons with pink eyes. Unfortunately, if you lighten and darken the shades of many elements, they'll turn into other elements. Dark Lightning might look too much like Water. [/quote] If you speak strictly in the generic sense (ex. "blue" means ALL variations of the color, from turquoise to navy and everything in between) then yes. Most of the FR eyes are simply lighter/darker shades of each other already. HOWEVER! If you actually look closer into the actual hex codes for the basic color of each eye, you will find that no two eyes are an identical shade. Nature is more a pure-green while Wind is more yellow-green. Ice is literally one or two hexadecimals away from white, with blue-tinted shadows, while Water is actually blue, and Lightning eyes are more of a cyan/blue-green hue. Arcane eyes fall somewhere between purple and red as opposed to Plague's more pure red, while Fire leans closer to an orange-yellow. For the purposes of analysis, I have used a color picker to obtain the flat (unshaded) color of the flight eyes, and compared them to where on the color wheel they fall. (Art program color wheel, not FR's color wheel.) Though since Ice was so close to white (center of the circle) I chose to plot the tint of its blue shadows instead. (If the forum resizes it and makes it blurry, click the picture to see the sharper, slightly larger version.) [center][url=http://i65.tinypic.com/34gwpcw.png][img]http://i66.tinypic.com/2hzqpar.png[/img][/url][/center] Since I had everything open I also whipped up some possible sample eye variations. Ice was tricky. As someone else suggested, due to the fact that the base color is so close to white, there's not really much way to make it lighter. So I just played around until I got something that looked cool for Ice. [center][img]http://i65.tinypic.com/34gwpcw.png[/img][/center] If it's not clear, I support this. I think it'd be cool to have eye genes. That being said, I strongly feel they should be [i][b]TREASURE [/b][/i]genes and not gem genes. Goodness knows we need more Treasure sinks with the ratios as they are right now! (And also they should be treasure because the eyes are not even close to being the largest part of the dragon.)
indecisive wrote on 2015-11-15:
No support, unless we figure out a solution for the fact that wind/nature, fire/light, shadow/arcane, and lightning/water/ice are literally just different darknesses of each other.
Koffein wrote on 2015-11-15:
If Plague eyes are Red and Arcane eyes are pink...Well, pink is just a lighter shade of Red. And I really don't want dragons with pink eyes. Unfortunately, if you lighten and darken the shades of many elements, they'll turn into other elements. Dark Lightning might look too much like Water.

If you speak strictly in the generic sense (ex. "blue" means ALL variations of the color, from turquoise to navy and everything in between) then yes. Most of the FR eyes are simply lighter/darker shades of each other already.

HOWEVER! If you actually look closer into the actual hex codes for the basic color of each eye, you will find that no two eyes are an identical shade. Nature is more a pure-green while Wind is more yellow-green. Ice is literally one or two hexadecimals away from white, with blue-tinted shadows, while Water is actually blue, and Lightning eyes are more of a cyan/blue-green hue. Arcane eyes fall somewhere between purple and red as opposed to Plague's more pure red, while Fire leans closer to an orange-yellow.

For the purposes of analysis, I have used a color picker to obtain the flat (unshaded) color of the flight eyes, and compared them to where on the color wheel they fall. (Art program color wheel, not FR's color wheel.) Though since Ice was so close to white (center of the circle) I chose to plot the tint of its blue shadows instead. (If the forum resizes it and makes it blurry, click the picture to see the sharper, slightly larger version.)
2hzqpar.png

Since I had everything open I also whipped up some possible sample eye variations. Ice was tricky. As someone else suggested, due to the fact that the base color is so close to white, there's not really much way to make it lighter. So I just played around until I got something that looked cool for Ice.
34gwpcw.png

If it's not clear, I support this. I think it'd be cool to have eye genes. That being said, I strongly feel they should be TREASURE genes and not gem genes. Goodness knows we need more Treasure sinks with the ratios as they are right now! (And also they should be treasure because the eyes are not even close to being the largest part of the dragon.)
~There is no such thing as sanity. Everyone is insane. The true question is, how insane are you, relative to everyone else?~
[quote name="HondaYori" date=2017-05-24 13:12:50] If it's not clear, I support this. I think it'd be cool to have eye genes. That being said, I strongly feel they should be [i][b]TREASURE [/b][/i]genes and not gem genes. Goodness knows we need more Treasure sinks with the ratios as they are right now! (And also they should be treasure because the eyes are not even close to being the largest part of the dragon.) [/quote] Definitely agree with this. Also, if staff does implement this, I feel like lore should be important. Saying it's only chance or just diversity doesnt seem sufficient as the eye colors do already play an important part in lore.
HondaYori wrote on 2017-05-24:
If it's not clear, I support this. I think it'd be cool to have eye genes. That being said, I strongly feel they should be TREASURE genes and not gem genes. Goodness knows we need more Treasure sinks with the ratios as they are right now! (And also they should be treasure because the eyes are not even close to being the largest part of the dragon.)
Definitely agree with this. Also, if staff does implement this, I feel like lore should be important. Saying it's only chance or just diversity doesnt seem sufficient as the eye colors do already play an important part in lore.
+3 fr time
he/him
pinging me is ok!
friends of my youth, when shall we meet again?
f2u_moon_by_lacedjewel-db1e4cw.png
Support under conditions
Tentative under the following conditions:
  • Obtainable through breeding only (random variation). All unhatched eggs will produce normal eye colored hatchlings.
  • Has no effect on Coli stats.
  • Does not use a gene slot.

Reasons:
A slight aesthetic variation is fine.

However, giving them coli stat deviations will skew with the coliseum balance and may devalue Tincture of Dissolution for no longer being Best in Slot.

Also, they shouldn't be a direct gene, because else they'll limit dragon variations.
Support under conditions
Tentative under the following conditions:
  • Obtainable through breeding only (random variation). All unhatched eggs will produce normal eye colored hatchlings.
  • Has no effect on Coli stats.
  • Does not use a gene slot.

Reasons:
A slight aesthetic variation is fine.

However, giving them coli stat deviations will skew with the coliseum balance and may devalue Tincture of Dissolution for no longer being Best in Slot.

Also, they shouldn't be a direct gene, because else they'll limit dragon variations.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
Support! I love the idea of variation, I'm sure in the dragon world some dragpns possess stronger magic than others, and therefore have lighter/darker eyes. It shouldn't have an effect on coli stats, and should be bought as a treasure gene that can be passed on through offspring.
Support! I love the idea of variation, I'm sure in the dragon world some dragpns possess stronger magic than others, and therefore have lighter/darker eyes. It shouldn't have an effect on coli stats, and should be bought as a treasure gene that can be passed on through offspring.
BhWDcLm.png
Support! I love the idea that each flight would have up to three or four possible eye colors, but they would have to be distinct enough from each other to be able to see that they are for each flight, so far I love @HondaYori 's pictures!!

I also think that this should not take up a gene slot and should be another variation attainable from breeding.
Support! I love the idea that each flight would have up to three or four possible eye colors, but they would have to be distinct enough from each other to be able to see that they are for each flight, so far I love @HondaYori 's pictures!!

I also think that this should not take up a gene slot and should be another variation attainable from breeding.
wYQVCwV.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8