Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ping for Site Announcements, Please!
1 2 3 4 5
I support this, the only reason I ever see the home page of FR is because I bookmarked it. And in the mornings when updates aren't posted, or I am more than half asleep, I don't *see* them (yes I see they are there, but believe me, that early in the morning, nothing is working behind the eyes)
I support this, the only reason I ever see the home page of FR is because I bookmarked it. And in the mornings when updates aren't posted, or I am more than half asleep, I don't *see* them (yes I see they are there, but believe me, that early in the morning, nothing is working behind the eyes)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
It's not like you'd even miss anything. The site updates usually happen once a week. Unless you're referring to the little site status updates, which can happen anytime, and even one daily visit to the home page shouldn't make you miss anything major.
It's not like you'd even miss anything. The site updates usually happen once a week. Unless you're referring to the little site status updates, which can happen anytime, and even one daily visit to the home page shouldn't make you miss anything major.
I snipe, I trade, I barter. I need to be aware of new item releases on the second. On top of that new features, new genes, new dragons, new games, new anything could be released at any time. I want to know, and it's not cost effective to expect me to check the FP more than once a day.

A site wide ping saves the majority of the users on the site that hassle. And, for everyone piping up about an off switch, there would be an off switch. On top of that, a site wide "HEY!" is considered standard. I have absolutely no idea why FR doesn't have it and it is a grave oversight.

-

Another note. Watch your quote trains people, it can be considered spamming and they could all be removed.

@RosieHawk
You may want to put up "ON/OFF TOGGLE FEATURE, SET TO OFF!" in big bold lettering on your original post. The quote train will get out of hand otherwise cause people won't want to sound snooty about commenting about an on/off switch with every support.
I snipe, I trade, I barter. I need to be aware of new item releases on the second. On top of that new features, new genes, new dragons, new games, new anything could be released at any time. I want to know, and it's not cost effective to expect me to check the FP more than once a day.

A site wide ping saves the majority of the users on the site that hassle. And, for everyone piping up about an off switch, there would be an off switch. On top of that, a site wide "HEY!" is considered standard. I have absolutely no idea why FR doesn't have it and it is a grave oversight.

-

Another note. Watch your quote trains people, it can be considered spamming and they could all be removed.

@RosieHawk
You may want to put up "ON/OFF TOGGLE FEATURE, SET TO OFF!" in big bold lettering on your original post. The quote train will get out of hand otherwise cause people won't want to sound snooty about commenting about an on/off switch with every support.
rgKmAZX.pngFSjGDWP.png9xxzY6y.pngJuNQ6Ts.png9KuTKv8.png
“People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of.” - Gregory Maguire
[quote name="MissouriMule" date=2015-09-19 18:53:47] I snipe, I trade, I barter. I need to be aware of new item releases on the second. On top of that new features, new genes, new dragons, new games, new anything could be released at any time. I want to know, and it's not cost effective to expect me to check the FP more than once a day. A site wide ping saves the majority of the users on the site that hassle. And, for everyone piping up about an off switch, there would be an off switch. On top of that, a site wide "HEY!" is considered standard. I have absolutely no idea why FR doesn't have it and it is a grave oversight. - Another note. Watch your quote trains people, it can be considered spamming and they could all be removed. @ RosieHawk You may want to put up "ON/OFF TOGGLE FEATURE, SET TO OFF!" in big bold lettering on your original post. The quote train will get out of hand otherwise cause people won't want to sound snooty about commenting about an on/off switch with every support. [/quote] @MissouriMule I put it in the OP. And I agree with you 1000%
MissouriMule wrote on 2015-09-19:

-

@ RosieHawk

@MissouriMule I put it in the OP. And I agree with you 1000%
Support. I rather know about announcements immediately rather than the off chance I might check up on the front page. Not everyone has their bookmarks set to the front page of this site and the only time I check the front page is for the exalt bonuses or for new announcements/festival.

I would understand the toogle as a just in case you leave the site for months and months and then those once a week pings will build up, but otherwise I think this would be a very useful feature and I would love to have it implemented.
Support. I rather know about announcements immediately rather than the off chance I might check up on the front page. Not everyone has their bookmarks set to the front page of this site and the only time I check the front page is for the exalt bonuses or for new announcements/festival.

I would understand the toogle as a just in case you leave the site for months and months and then those once a week pings will build up, but otherwise I think this would be a very useful feature and I would love to have it implemented.
ctZUH5g.png
Support for announcements, updates, WotW and new news. Small bug fixes are fine without pings since they are usually included in the bigger updates as well.
Support for announcements, updates, WotW and new news. Small bug fixes are fine without pings since they are usually included in the bigger updates as well.
♥loveyourself♥
1t4XtaG.png
cRHDWyx.png
EIm5dF9.png
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
ll0CfnD.png
Nf8E9Zp.png
QOzSXsE.png
2ou3Y3v.png
♥lovenature♥
Hi folks! A heads up, some posts were removed from this thread as they consisted of "support/no support" without discussion. From our [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=62][b]Suggestions Forum Policy[/b][/url]: [br] [quote][b]The Suggestions Forum is a discussion forum, not a petition forum. Replies may not have ONLY the following in them:[/b] [LIST] [*]“Support” [*]“No support” [*]Quoting another post [*]Quoting another post with ONLY “support/no support” [/LIST][/quote][br] When we review threads in this forum, we are looking for actionable feedback and discussion, not votes. Thanks!
Hi folks! A heads up, some posts were removed from this thread as they consisted of "support/no support" without discussion.

From our Suggestions Forum Policy:

Quote:
The Suggestions Forum is a discussion forum, not a petition forum. Replies may not have ONLY the following in them:
  • “Support”
  • “No support”
  • Quoting another post
  • Quoting another post with ONLY “support/no support”

When we review threads in this forum, we are looking for actionable feedback and discussion, not votes. Thanks!
/Only/ if it's optional.

I actually occasionally check the front page for things (I also see it every time I open a new tab for it, since my bookmarked page for the site is the front page), and I don't want to find out I got a ping, since I don't get them often, to see that it's just a site update thing. I'll see what's going on next time I see the front page, since I actually occasionally check there, usually to look at the exalt bonuses or to check out the random dragon.

As long as I have a choice in the matter (I am one who doesn't like special notifications for site things as a whole since I tend to browse a lot anyways, so I usually see updates without word from anyone else anyways), support.
/Only/ if it's optional.

I actually occasionally check the front page for things (I also see it every time I open a new tab for it, since my bookmarked page for the site is the front page), and I don't want to find out I got a ping, since I don't get them often, to see that it's just a site update thing. I'll see what's going on next time I see the front page, since I actually occasionally check there, usually to look at the exalt bonuses or to check out the random dragon.

As long as I have a choice in the matter (I am one who doesn't like special notifications for site things as a whole since I tend to browse a lot anyways, so I usually see updates without word from anyone else anyways), support.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
I would like it to be optional, and I think optional would be better, but either way, support!!!!!!!
I would like it to be optional, and I think optional would be better, but either way, support!!!!!!!
CdZTwZd.png
Wishlist | Art Samples | Deviantart | Custom Bio Examples
Looking for stoned Lvl 25s, preferably either Water or Nature. Preferably pretty or with potential. The ghostier/more halloweeny the better! Willing to offer mixed payment.
Perhaps they could put a subscribe star button next the the "latest news" header on the front page, essentially meaning you're subscribed to any new forum post in that section (since only admins can post there) but you won't be notified of comments on the post, just the creation of the first post
Perhaps they could put a subscribe star button next the the "latest news" header on the front page, essentially meaning you're subscribed to any new forum post in that section (since only admins can post there) but you won't be notified of comments on the post, just the creation of the first post
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
1 2 3 4 5