Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cut skin/accent makers slack.
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 81 82
Complete support.
Complete support.
Renard(e) || Pronouns; iel or they
Host of the Fireworks Median system
FR Time +3 || French and English speaker || 25+
- Current hyperfixation : Saint Seiya -
(Autistic, so I'm super sorry if I say weird things at times!)
I've seen skins and accents I'd consider gory. Not sure where this idea is coming from.

Edit: Just read through the thread a bit, and it seems like the problem isn't so much intolerance to gore as lack of consistency? That could definitely stand to change.
I've seen skins and accents I'd consider gory. Not sure where this idea is coming from.

Edit: Just read through the thread a bit, and it seems like the problem isn't so much intolerance to gore as lack of consistency? That could definitely stand to change.
09070661-F9A3-4D5F-AE78-35EBF843F64C.png
@Sumatra
Hi there! Sorry for the ping. Just trying to shed some light on what is going on here if you're not quite understanding the complaint. :3 Hope you don't mind!
In my first post, I didn't want to post pictures or links in case any one were to assume this was a call out against a mod or something, which it is not.
Now that this does have support and it is understood, I feel like I am able to give a link to at least one instance of this problem occurring.
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1199521/131
Here is one example. If you travel further back in this thread, you will most likely find that this is indeed not the only instance of the gorey stuff being ridiculous and not making any sense.
This example in particular does not depict a dragon suffering in any way. If anything it looks pretty darn zombie-like. Nothing really shows that this dragon is in agony. The face hasn't been warped into a "PLEASE END ME NOW" look nor are entrails hanging out all over the place. To me, this seems a bit... I dont know how to put it without sounding like I'm trying to offend any one. It really doesn't seem like this shouldn't be allowed while plague flight is still frolicking around and Emperors are flopping about lore wise.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1199521/120
Here is another example where a user followed the instructions given to make the accent acceptable. They made it more zombie like. They followed instructions pretty much to the point, if I recall, and yet it still gets rejected when it had been turned into a zombie for having deep wounds. This dragon is dead. They removed the dripping blood, it only has smudges of the dried stuff left. They made it a zombie for the mods. It is not suffering. It's even in the name. Granted, any one could slap the word 'Zombie' on something... But the point is that once again, this dragon is not suffering. One could argue that it is cringing in pain with how the face was changed, but I personally do not see that.

I'm terrible at explaining things, but I hope you perhaps see what I'm trying to get at here. Compared to some of the stuff that is already on site, accepted skins/accents from the past AND stuff made by the staff itself, these are about the same if not a bit tame.
To me, the 'suffering' rule is being stretched way too far.
Animals in pain and suffering is a bad thing, I agree with that. I do not want to promote such a thing or even see such a thing. But painting blood and gore on a dragon to make it look spooky, gross or edgy does not mean it should be labeled as suffering.

Again sorry for the ping and the horrible explanations XD I hope this can shed a little bit of light on what my complaint is about though!

PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT CALLING ANY ONE OUT. I AM SHOWING EXAMPLES TO BETTER EXPLAIN MY SUGGESTION. ANY ONE CAN ACCESS THIS FORUM THAT I AM LINKING TO ANYWAY. PLEASE DO NOT BE OFFENDED MODS/USERS THAT ARE INCLUDED IN THE LINKS.

EDIT: Whoops. I guess I should have posted faster XD I just now saw your edit. Now I'm even more sorry for the ping! X_X;
@Sumatra
Hi there! Sorry for the ping. Just trying to shed some light on what is going on here if you're not quite understanding the complaint. :3 Hope you don't mind!
In my first post, I didn't want to post pictures or links in case any one were to assume this was a call out against a mod or something, which it is not.
Now that this does have support and it is understood, I feel like I am able to give a link to at least one instance of this problem occurring.
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1199521/131
Here is one example. If you travel further back in this thread, you will most likely find that this is indeed not the only instance of the gorey stuff being ridiculous and not making any sense.
This example in particular does not depict a dragon suffering in any way. If anything it looks pretty darn zombie-like. Nothing really shows that this dragon is in agony. The face hasn't been warped into a "PLEASE END ME NOW" look nor are entrails hanging out all over the place. To me, this seems a bit... I dont know how to put it without sounding like I'm trying to offend any one. It really doesn't seem like this shouldn't be allowed while plague flight is still frolicking around and Emperors are flopping about lore wise.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1199521/120
Here is another example where a user followed the instructions given to make the accent acceptable. They made it more zombie like. They followed instructions pretty much to the point, if I recall, and yet it still gets rejected when it had been turned into a zombie for having deep wounds. This dragon is dead. They removed the dripping blood, it only has smudges of the dried stuff left. They made it a zombie for the mods. It is not suffering. It's even in the name. Granted, any one could slap the word 'Zombie' on something... But the point is that once again, this dragon is not suffering. One could argue that it is cringing in pain with how the face was changed, but I personally do not see that.

I'm terrible at explaining things, but I hope you perhaps see what I'm trying to get at here. Compared to some of the stuff that is already on site, accepted skins/accents from the past AND stuff made by the staff itself, these are about the same if not a bit tame.
To me, the 'suffering' rule is being stretched way too far.
Animals in pain and suffering is a bad thing, I agree with that. I do not want to promote such a thing or even see such a thing. But painting blood and gore on a dragon to make it look spooky, gross or edgy does not mean it should be labeled as suffering.

Again sorry for the ping and the horrible explanations XD I hope this can shed a little bit of light on what my complaint is about though!

PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT CALLING ANY ONE OUT. I AM SHOWING EXAMPLES TO BETTER EXPLAIN MY SUGGESTION. ANY ONE CAN ACCESS THIS FORUM THAT I AM LINKING TO ANYWAY. PLEASE DO NOT BE OFFENDED MODS/USERS THAT ARE INCLUDED IN THE LINKS.

EDIT: Whoops. I guess I should have posted faster XD I just now saw your edit. Now I'm even more sorry for the ping! X_X;
TOW2n3q.png
@Bowno

Don't worry about it! I don't get pings often, so it's actually nice to hear a response.

I don't know the history of skin-making and the moderating decisions made on this site, so I don't know if this is because of a change in policy or inconsistencies depending on who is judging the skin (assuming more than one person does this job), but I agree that it's weird how many "gory" skins are accepted, and less gory ones aren't on the premise of being "too gory."

With the premise of "suffering", though...you'd almost think PETA had infiltrated the site or something...

@Bowno

Don't worry about it! I don't get pings often, so it's actually nice to hear a response.

I don't know the history of skin-making and the moderating decisions made on this site, so I don't know if this is because of a change in policy or inconsistencies depending on who is judging the skin (assuming more than one person does this job), but I agree that it's weird how many "gory" skins are accepted, and less gory ones aren't on the premise of being "too gory."

With the premise of "suffering", though...you'd almost think PETA had infiltrated the site or something...

09070661-F9A3-4D5F-AE78-35EBF843F64C.png
Support.

I really do not understand why a T-rated site is moderated at G-rated level, especially lately. This 'guard the kids from harm' thing is getting too far tbh. I can understand there should be a limit, but the limit should NOT be 'wipe everything clean'. It feels like the same ridiculous censorship done to One Piece a while back - all guns are 'censored' to become pop-guns, and all blood was removed.

*sigh*
Support.

I really do not understand why a T-rated site is moderated at G-rated level, especially lately. This 'guard the kids from harm' thing is getting too far tbh. I can understand there should be a limit, but the limit should NOT be 'wipe everything clean'. It feels like the same ridiculous censorship done to One Piece a while back - all guns are 'censored' to become pop-guns, and all blood was removed.

*sigh*
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
Support.
I submitted an accent without any blood. But it was still denied.
Support.
I submitted an accent without any blood. But it was still denied.
lacrimosa01.png
Support, as it didn't make sense to not have blood when theres plague flight?
Support, as it didn't make sense to not have blood when theres plague flight?
Just as a helpful hint when pinging me, there is no extra I in my name ^^
fjv5Fbi.gifWHUTaoR.gif
Riot of Rot is the next coming festival.
This issue is slowly becoming a bigger and bigger deal each day we draw closer to it.
Riot of Rot is the next coming festival.
This issue is slowly becoming a bigger and bigger deal each day we draw closer to it.
TOW2n3q.png
As a plagueling ... I support this with all four of my hearts.
As a plagueling ... I support this with all four of my hearts.
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

Full support.

We have "bloody bandages" and a flight dedicated to death and disease.

Dont be a hypocrite, FR.
Full support.

We have "bloody bandages" and a flight dedicated to death and disease.

Dont be a hypocrite, FR.
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 81 82