Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Swiftwings should come back
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18
@Chaos199

True, it would be kinda sad if we reached a limit...jus' imagine have over 20 breeds heh. We need more fluffy breeds tho. An' they probably don't- I mean, other than they Skydancers I haven't seen them mess around with any player suggested breeds. I assume they took notice of the Skydancers because it was baker who suggested them. Well, that an' they seem pretty legit. Besides the absence of lore an' whatnot.

@Chaos199

True, it would be kinda sad if we reached a limit...jus' imagine have over 20 breeds heh. We need more fluffy breeds tho. An' they probably don't- I mean, other than they Skydancers I haven't seen them mess around with any player suggested breeds. I assume they took notice of the Skydancers because it was baker who suggested them. Well, that an' they seem pretty legit. Besides the absence of lore an' whatnot.

iceb2_by_ovophobia-d9cq66h.png
@Kriten I'm pretty sure that backer had bought a pack that allows you to create a breed and have a chance of it being official. Like seraph, which was also made by a backer who bought a pack. This was during the kickstarter.

And I know they've used suggested genes (Bar and Daub are from a user called osiem, though I'm pretty sure they had different names for the genes), so maybe there's some hope!
@Kriten I'm pretty sure that backer had bought a pack that allows you to create a breed and have a chance of it being official. Like seraph, which was also made by a backer who bought a pack. This was during the kickstarter.

And I know they've used suggested genes (Bar and Daub are from a user called osiem, though I'm pretty sure they had different names for the genes), so maybe there's some hope!
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
@XStormywolfX Here's one more. I had some others of a female Swiftwing idea with a male Swiftwing idea, but I can't seem to find them. I'll put them up when I do. [img]http://orig01.deviantart.net/8fb8/f/2015/190/b/f/swiftwing__remade__by_universedragon-d90noul.png[/img] This is showing the differences and similarites between the Swiftwing and other breeds that have been mentioned in this thread. The Swiftwing, compared to a Wildclaw, has longer arms, longer thighs and calves (while the bottom foot-part is shorter), no thumbs on the paws, a longer body, and a shorter neck. Compared to a Fae, these wings have three fingers and no thumb, the wing fingers have claws, the wings don't have membrane going from the shoulder to wrist, there's more of a beak, there's definite claws (not ''finger claws''), and the ears are huge. Compared to a Tundra, the ears are larger, there are no horns, the fur is only down the back and on the tail, and the patches around the eyes are slightly different in shape.
@XStormywolfX Here's one more. I had some others of a female Swiftwing idea with a male Swiftwing idea, but I can't seem to find them. I'll put them up when I do.

swiftwing__remade__by_universedragon-d90noul.png

This is showing the differences and similarites between the Swiftwing and other breeds that have been mentioned in this thread. The Swiftwing, compared to a Wildclaw, has longer arms, longer thighs and calves (while the bottom foot-part is shorter), no thumbs on the paws, a longer body, and a shorter neck.
Compared to a Fae, these wings have three fingers and no thumb, the wing fingers have claws, the wings don't have membrane going from the shoulder to wrist, there's more of a beak, there's definite claws (not ''finger claws''), and the ears are huge.
Compared to a Tundra, the ears are larger, there are no horns, the fur is only down the back and on the tail, and the patches around the eyes are slightly different in shape.
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
I suggested this in the thread over in Discussion, but I had this crazy idea, so I guess I'll stick it here too: I love the Swiftwings to pieces and I would love to see them on the site... but I also love them without arms. Would people be mad to see them as a new set of familiars?

It even works with the lore: what if the Swiftwings were what the deities made "for practice," before proper dragons? It would explain the lack of extra limbs, and why they were familiars: other intelligent beings, like the Beastclans, are familiars because they simply don't have the intelligence, magical ability, or favor with the deities that proper dragons do.

This might also open the door for... wait for it... Swiftwings as holiday familiars. Crackling Lightning Swiftwings! Shining Light Swiftwings! It wouldn't be the same as if we could breed them... but it would be better than none at all, in my book.
I suggested this in the thread over in Discussion, but I had this crazy idea, so I guess I'll stick it here too: I love the Swiftwings to pieces and I would love to see them on the site... but I also love them without arms. Would people be mad to see them as a new set of familiars?

It even works with the lore: what if the Swiftwings were what the deities made "for practice," before proper dragons? It would explain the lack of extra limbs, and why they were familiars: other intelligent beings, like the Beastclans, are familiars because they simply don't have the intelligence, magical ability, or favor with the deities that proper dragons do.

This might also open the door for... wait for it... Swiftwings as holiday familiars. Crackling Lightning Swiftwings! Shining Light Swiftwings! It wouldn't be the same as if we could breed them... but it would be better than none at all, in my book.
@Kriten @Chaos199

Skydancer was created through the "Dragon Dreamer" pack in the Kickstarter. Seraph was crafted through the "Gene Sponsor" pack in the Kickstarter.

I have to say, though, that the arm concept for Swiftwings has come quite a ways since I last dropped in.
@Kriten @Chaos199

Skydancer was created through the "Dragon Dreamer" pack in the Kickstarter. Seraph was crafted through the "Gene Sponsor" pack in the Kickstarter.

I have to say, though, that the arm concept for Swiftwings has come quite a ways since I last dropped in.
eP6ZvqL.png Flight Journey Lightning|Wind|Arcane|Nature|Shadow|Fire|Ice
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
sure, support. i always liked the look of the adult silhouette.
sure, support. i always liked the look of the adult silhouette.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
I am on the fence because I kind of like the idea of a Wyvern familiar. Though I would also like a new breed... But Swiftwings seems ideally suited for familiarhood.
I am on the fence because I kind of like the idea of a Wyvern familiar. Though I would also like a new breed... But Swiftwings seems ideally suited for familiarhood.
Stuff will one day go here.
Admins have stated in the past that they plan on releasing 1-2 breeds a year throughout the life of the game. They have also stated that they work on 2-3 breeds at a time.

Support for Swiftwings as familiars (or even as dragons if Undel is willing to change the concept)
Admins have stated in the past that they plan on releasing 1-2 breeds a year throughout the life of the game. They have also stated that they work on 2-3 breeds at a time.

Support for Swiftwings as familiars (or even as dragons if Undel is willing to change the concept)
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
support i looove these guys
support i looove these guys
HELLO!
Support! I'd be happy with either them as a dragon or as a familiar
Support! I'd be happy with either them as a dragon or as a familiar
A Clan between domains and gods, The Starwound clan (Arcane/Plague) http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=outbound&loc=http://the-lorebrary.wikia.com/wiki/StarWound_Clan[img][/img]8e0286da716b.png
[img][/img]dfc5c2959c84.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18