Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gods:Offerings, Exaltee hatchdays, names
I think it would be cool if we could send offerings to the gods, I know players do it with food when the deities, Boston, or Hope are starving.

So, use that natural tendency of the player base.

It would be cool to offer stuff to the deities for points or something, maybe helps with Dominance? That would give bumps to the non dragon market during pushes.

It would be funny if apparel was randomly assigned to exaltees. And if someone sacrifices a renamming scroll? Random exalted Unnamed gets a random name.

On Exaltees, it's odd that the gods are by and large served by eternal babies. So I'd suggest that every Festival the hatchlings are turned into adults.
I think it would be cool if we could send offerings to the gods, I know players do it with food when the deities, Boston, or Hope are starving.

So, use that natural tendency of the player base.

It would be cool to offer stuff to the deities for points or something, maybe helps with Dominance? That would give bumps to the non dragon market during pushes.

It would be funny if apparel was randomly assigned to exaltees. And if someone sacrifices a renamming scroll? Random exalted Unnamed gets a random name.

On Exaltees, it's odd that the gods are by and large served by eternal babies. So I'd suggest that every Festival the hatchlings are turned into adults.
I think having items affect dominance would alter the dragon market too much for my liking. I especially don't support mechanics that change or name an exalted dragon.
I think having items affect dominance would alter the dragon market too much for my liking. I especially don't support mechanics that change or name an exalted dragon.
[quote name="chespin" date=2015-06-28 15:33:29] I think having items affect dominance would alter the dragon market too much for my liking. I especially don't support mechanics that change or name an exalted dragon. [/quote] Exalted hatchlings used to grow up. This stopped around the time the way hatchlings grew up changed (it used to be dependent on when they were hatched, but was changed to the rollover after they turned 5 as it was less stress on the servers) and it is related to why hatchlings retain their hatchling image when growing up until visited/refreshed. Unfortunately visiting the dragon's exalt page does not 'refresh' the image.
chespin wrote on 2015-06-28:

Exalted hatchlings used to grow up. This stopped around the time the way hatchlings grew up changed (it used to be dependent on when they were hatched, but was changed to the rollover after they turned 5 as it was less stress on the servers) and it is related to why hatchlings retain their hatchling image when growing up until visited/refreshed. Unfortunately visiting the dragon's exalt page does not 'refresh' the image.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="chespin" date=2015-06-28 15:33:29] I think having items affect dominance would alter the dragon market too much for my liking. I especially don't support mechanics that change or name an exalted dragon. [/quote] Sums up my views. No support for any of the suggestions.

Sums up my views. No support for any of the suggestions.
lightvs1.pngplaguevs1.pnglightvs1.png
[quote name="Cytosine" date=2015-06-28 15:50:52] [quote name="chespin" date=2015-06-28 15:33:29] I think having items affect dominance would alter the dragon market too much for my liking. I especially don't support mechanics that change or name an exalted dragon. [/quote] Sums up my views. No support for any of the suggestions. [/quote]
Cytosine wrote on 2015-06-28:

Sums up my views. No support for any of the suggestions.

Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I can get behind this suggestion, I like the idea that they sorta 'live on' and get clothes and stuff haha
I can get behind this suggestion, I like the idea that they sorta 'live on' and get clothes and stuff haha
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png
[quote name="chespin" date=2015-06-28 15:33:29] I think having items affect dominance would alter the dragon market too much for my liking. I especially don't support mechanics that change or name an exalted dragon. [/quote]

I imagine that exalted dragons live a very ascentic lifestyle, they aren't interested in clothes and genes and fancy stuff, all that matters is devotion to Earthpapa their god
I imagine that exalted dragons live a very ascentic lifestyle, they aren't interested in clothes and genes and fancy stuff, all that matters is devotion to Earthpapa their god
Support, this would be a fun new activity. I particularly like that it would create a way for people who don't breed or coli to participate in dominance. I also giggle at the idea of dragons ending up with random clothes. :D

I'd adore being able to feed Boston and Hope, they starve so frequently.
Support, this would be a fun new activity. I particularly like that it would create a way for people who don't breed or coli to participate in dominance. I also giggle at the idea of dragons ending up with random clothes. :D

I'd adore being able to feed Boston and Hope, they starve so frequently.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
The problem with this idea is that while you might like the idea of your dragon getting random clothes, or an unnamed somewhere gaining a name, I am almost positive a LOT of people wouldn't. I know that if I exalted any dragon I cared about, but just didn't want to keep in my lair any more (as I have seen some people talk about) or for personal lore reasons, I would be quite upset if all of a sudden this dragon gained a name (after all, if I exalted it nameless, then there might be a good reason for it, not just for dominance purposes), especially a name I don't like/agree with and there is absolutely no way to change it (and it might be really annoying if you exalted a unnamed dragon so you would have offspring with unnamed parents for some reason), gained clothing I didn't like (or just don't agree with that particular dragon wearing clothes) or basically anything that would change the dragon's looks. After all, I exalted that dragon for a specific reason, and since I am very forgetful, like to have visual reminders of things, so I might often be looking at that dragon to remember. And as I said, I would be upset if all of a sudden my reminder changed, and I had no way of changing it back to the way it was.

As for the items affecting Dominance, I will let others speak about that more ,because I don't reallly know that much about it.

Edit: Just thought about one effect of being able to donate scrolls of renaming and having it affect Unnamed dragons. If it can affect ONLY your dragons, then no problem (ones you exalted personally), however, if it can affect ANY dragon that was exalted unnamed, then there would be a HUGE problem. I can see people who hate unnamed dragons donating tons of scrolls of renaming to hopefully get the unnamed dragons in their offspring list, which would in turn upset the people who exalted dragons unnamed for personal lore reasons, as their dragons could begin to popup with names. I just see a huge mess that could come out of that.
The problem with this idea is that while you might like the idea of your dragon getting random clothes, or an unnamed somewhere gaining a name, I am almost positive a LOT of people wouldn't. I know that if I exalted any dragon I cared about, but just didn't want to keep in my lair any more (as I have seen some people talk about) or for personal lore reasons, I would be quite upset if all of a sudden this dragon gained a name (after all, if I exalted it nameless, then there might be a good reason for it, not just for dominance purposes), especially a name I don't like/agree with and there is absolutely no way to change it (and it might be really annoying if you exalted a unnamed dragon so you would have offspring with unnamed parents for some reason), gained clothing I didn't like (or just don't agree with that particular dragon wearing clothes) or basically anything that would change the dragon's looks. After all, I exalted that dragon for a specific reason, and since I am very forgetful, like to have visual reminders of things, so I might often be looking at that dragon to remember. And as I said, I would be upset if all of a sudden my reminder changed, and I had no way of changing it back to the way it was.

As for the items affecting Dominance, I will let others speak about that more ,because I don't reallly know that much about it.

Edit: Just thought about one effect of being able to donate scrolls of renaming and having it affect Unnamed dragons. If it can affect ONLY your dragons, then no problem (ones you exalted personally), however, if it can affect ANY dragon that was exalted unnamed, then there would be a HUGE problem. I can see people who hate unnamed dragons donating tons of scrolls of renaming to hopefully get the unnamed dragons in their offspring list, which would in turn upset the people who exalted dragons unnamed for personal lore reasons, as their dragons could begin to popup with names. I just see a huge mess that could come out of that.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png