Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Option to Disable Profile Comments!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I want to disable comments because I get a lot of them, especially during pushes or if I have a lot of AH listings. Some of them are nice and I appreciate them, but most of them are from people who do not care to read or think that they will be an exception to my rules, especially when it's about fodder.

Most of them don't cross the line into harassment, but they are still disrespectful and crossing over clearly set boundaries. Sure, I can delete them, but seeing "x has left a comment" literally just makes me go, "oh great, what do I have to delete now?"

I do not want to be receiving these messages in the first place. There is no point to people sending them because I will make annoyed noises while deleting them. It wastes less of everyone's time and energy if they can't leave the comments in the first place.

No one is obligated to be able to comment on my profile and the fact that I don't want to receive comments should be reason enough. The social aspect of FR is optional and many people play it as solo as possible.
I want to disable comments because I get a lot of them, especially during pushes or if I have a lot of AH listings. Some of them are nice and I appreciate them, but most of them are from people who do not care to read or think that they will be an exception to my rules, especially when it's about fodder.

Most of them don't cross the line into harassment, but they are still disrespectful and crossing over clearly set boundaries. Sure, I can delete them, but seeing "x has left a comment" literally just makes me go, "oh great, what do I have to delete now?"

I do not want to be receiving these messages in the first place. There is no point to people sending them because I will make annoyed noises while deleting them. It wastes less of everyone's time and energy if they can't leave the comments in the first place.

No one is obligated to be able to comment on my profile and the fact that I don't want to receive comments should be reason enough. The social aspect of FR is optional and many people play it as solo as possible.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[quote name="Rvan" date="2021-08-03 11:26:06" ] I have to admit, I'm not very supportive of this. Though I see and understand the many pros of this, I feel like it could make it very hard to communicate with other players. FR isn't a solo game, and sometimes there are instance when people really do need to communicate, such as accidentally listing a dragon for treasure when they meant to write gems or if someone doesn't ever check their PMs. I think if this were implemented, I wouldn't be entirely sad as long as the same thing wouldn't end up transferring over to PMs. [/quote] To be honest using profile comments rather than at least trying a pm for a mispriced dragon pretty much feels like an attempt at public shaming. If you misprice a dragon please pm the person first and only do a profile comment if they don't respond. With how low dragon prices get sometimes it's hard to tell if it's a misprice or not. In addition if they don't check pm's they probably won't respond to profile messages either. Most profile comments are of the unwanted variety. 1. Stuff that should have been started as a pm - If you mispriced something please try and resolve it privately before you resort to doing so publicly. 2. Guilt trips - thanking me for buying a fodder priced dragon especially using wording such as giving it a "good home." 3. Flat out hostility over exalting - thankfully I've only gotten one but someone did send me a profile comment angry because I put dragons I bought from them as fodder.
Rvan wrote on 2021-08-03 11:26:06:
I have to admit, I'm not very supportive of this. Though I see and understand the many pros of this, I feel like it could make it very hard to communicate with other players. FR isn't a solo game, and sometimes there are instance when people really do need to communicate, such as accidentally listing a dragon for treasure when they meant to write gems or if someone doesn't ever check their PMs.
I think if this were implemented, I wouldn't be entirely sad as long as the same thing wouldn't end up transferring over to PMs.

To be honest using profile comments rather than at least trying a pm for a mispriced dragon pretty much feels like an attempt at public shaming.

If you misprice a dragon please pm the person first and only do a profile comment if they don't respond. With how low dragon prices get sometimes it's hard to tell if it's a misprice or not.

In addition if they don't check pm's they probably won't respond to profile messages either.

Most profile comments are of the unwanted variety.
1. Stuff that should have been started as a pm
- If you mispriced something please try and resolve it privately before you resort to doing so publicly.

2. Guilt trips
- thanking me for buying a fodder priced dragon especially using wording such as giving it a "good home."

3. Flat out hostility over exalting
- thankfully I've only gotten one but someone did send me a profile comment angry because I put dragons I bought from them as fodder.
I fully support a friends only and a full disable toggle for profile comments. Personally I haven't made too many bad experiences with comments so far, but whenever I'm buying up a lot of fodder dragons I will get the odd 'thanks for buying' comment from people and it can be frustrating because then I feel obligated to respond to them when really I'd rather spend my time on other things. So being able to change the setting on who can leave messages would be nice and would reduce unnecessary stress.
I fully support a friends only and a full disable toggle for profile comments. Personally I haven't made too many bad experiences with comments so far, but whenever I'm buying up a lot of fodder dragons I will get the odd 'thanks for buying' comment from people and it can be frustrating because then I feel obligated to respond to them when really I'd rather spend my time on other things. So being able to change the setting on who can leave messages would be nice and would reduce unnecessary stress.
tumblr_inline_pstgarDqq51tc3swm_75sq.png tumblr_inline_pstgas05kl1tc3swm_75sq.pngzuKl4tj.pngtumblr_inline_p409qnf9Wx1tc3swm_540.pngtumblr_inline_p40r5mKIGh1tc3swm_540.png tumblr_inline_p3ylp2Quz91tc3swm_540.pngsmolsnek.png y6Tz96p.png lM0v4sB.pnge303f6ae-68b9-11eb-b911-5de944b9d8e8.gif
100% support
100% support
09df90b8c7256023cf41d561ed314056cb2a6d86r1-480-265_128.gif
BLSc7JM.png
ciurGcg.png44mkmoN.png

Click Here And Sell Me Your Dragons
Wishlist1= Wishlist Troglodyte= Lineage Page
Left= RedGuy Right= Adopt Showcase

CHUW47C.png
I’m saying this as someone who leaves honestly a stupid amount of profile comments: you should be able to disable em. Privacy layers are a must in FR- every social game needs to let users set their boundaries.
I’m saying this as someone who leaves honestly a stupid amount of profile comments: you should be able to disable em. Privacy layers are a must in FR- every social game needs to let users set their boundaries.
Always support.

We need more ways to manage and curate our experience here, this would be such a good and sorely needed addition.
Always support.

We need more ways to manage and curate our experience here, this would be such a good and sorely needed addition.
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
support! i dislike receiving profile comments, as i have to delete them myself. i like my profile page clean of anyone else's "taint" (for lack of a better word) whenever they comment.

addiitonally, i have bad social anxiety. also, i do buy dragons to exalt, and i don't want any "thank you" messages on my profile.
support! i dislike receiving profile comments, as i have to delete them myself. i like my profile page clean of anyone else's "taint" (for lack of a better word) whenever they comment.

addiitonally, i have bad social anxiety. also, i do buy dragons to exalt, and i don't want any "thank you" messages on my profile.
Forum pings are disabled. Please avoid profile comments and private messages unless it's for business.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10