Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Option to Disable Profile Comments!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Big support, I dont mind them but I can see how for more popular users or people who want their profiles clean it'd be annoying.
Big support, I dont mind them but I can see how for more popular users or people who want their profiles clean it'd be annoying.
tXKbExw.png Please take a look at my HibDen for forum games! I store a lot of my dragons there cause I don't have space! Tabs I don't want used say so in tab description.
Support. I'm fine with them but for many people they are annoying or uncomfortable. Most social media sites allow you to disable comments on your page or posts and while FR isn't social media, I think taking that sort of feature to use on profile pages would make sense.
Support. I'm fine with them but for many people they are annoying or uncomfortable. Most social media sites allow you to disable comments on your page or posts and while FR isn't social media, I think taking that sort of feature to use on profile pages would make sense.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
@Disquiet relateable
@Disquiet relateable
- Subspecies Hatchery
- Amazing video on how to get free gems
- Cauldron Service
| She/Her | +3 FR time | Ping me! | Rest your eyes! |
I definitely support the ability to customize how people contact you.
I feel like being able to put a message just above the comments box or when someone wants to send a private message could be nice; I do get a bit annoyed by "Thank you for buying," but I love getting comments on dragons. I've sent comments on dragons, asked if a person would be willing to breed one of their pairs, and asked about renting a dragon or sending a dragon to the person's lair for breeding when I'm working on tricky breeding projects. So I personally find the ability to send messages quite useful.
Thinking about it, putting notes in Clan Information could work as a stop-gap measure. Ordinarily I feel weird deleting comments since the person could be genuinely trying to be friendly, but if I have a message up and they don't read/follow it, I'd feel OK deleting their comment it.
I definitely support the ability to customize how people contact you.
I feel like being able to put a message just above the comments box or when someone wants to send a private message could be nice; I do get a bit annoyed by "Thank you for buying," but I love getting comments on dragons. I've sent comments on dragons, asked if a person would be willing to breed one of their pairs, and asked about renting a dragon or sending a dragon to the person's lair for breeding when I'm working on tricky breeding projects. So I personally find the ability to send messages quite useful.
Thinking about it, putting notes in Clan Information could work as a stop-gap measure. Ordinarily I feel weird deleting comments since the person could be genuinely trying to be friendly, but if I have a message up and they don't read/follow it, I'd feel OK deleting their comment it.
Sure, why not. It's a personal page, moreover, it's the front page of the lair, people should be able to choose whether to allow others to write anything there or not.

Ideally there should appear a customizable message with some neutral default option instead (to avoid the mixup with banned accounts and allow players to state their preferred methods of contact or ask not to contact about certain topics, if needed).
Sure, why not. It's a personal page, moreover, it's the front page of the lair, people should be able to choose whether to allow others to write anything there or not.

Ideally there should appear a customizable message with some neutral default option instead (to avoid the mixup with banned accounts and allow players to state their preferred methods of contact or ask not to contact about certain topics, if needed).
[quote name="inklizard" date="2015-03-13 20:49:29"][quote name="Fjaer" date="2015-03-13 20:45:35"][quote name="Glub" date="2015-03-13 20:41:15"]Support. Maybe a friends only option, too.[/quote][/quote][/quote] [/quote]
inklizard wrote on 2015-03-13 20:49:29:
Fjaer wrote on 2015-03-13 20:45:35:
Glub wrote on 2015-03-13 20:41:15:
Support. Maybe a friends only option, too.
[/quote]
NorthernBluee%2527s%2BGaspar.pngWishlist Dream Dragons
support, alongside a 'friends only' option.

i like profile comments and getting hit up by random people to say hi

but not everybody is into that.

and it'd be nice to be able to turn them off temporarily if i'm taking a weeks-long break or something so that i don't have to come back and realize i basically ghosted folks.
support, alongside a 'friends only' option.

i like profile comments and getting hit up by random people to say hi

but not everybody is into that.

and it'd be nice to be able to turn them off temporarily if i'm taking a weeks-long break or something so that i don't have to come back and realize i basically ghosted folks.
Very much support. And the 'friends only' option would be lovely as well. Maybe not disabling the function entirely, but being able to toggle if the public can view it? That might work really well and I know that I would certainly appreciate it.
Very much support. And the 'friends only' option would be lovely as well. Maybe not disabling the function entirely, but being able to toggle if the public can view it? That might work really well and I know that I would certainly appreciate it.
frice_left_sword_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxyz7.pngfrfire_right_sword_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxyx1.png
Supporting this on principle; it's rather absurd that it wasn't built in from the beginning.
Supporting this on principle; it's rather absurd that it wasn't built in from the beginning.
don't like my dragons
[quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date="2020-07-29 13:06:07" ] Semi support, I don't feel strongly either way, but profile comments can be deleted, so if you get one you don't like you can just delete it [/quote] You still have to read them in order to determine if they're ok to leave or if you'd rather delete them tho. And I did have people continuously spamming my profile as soon as I deleted their previous comment (and even have other people message me when I blocked them). I'd rather have options on how I want to be contacted than having to deal with unwanted comments. Anyway full support
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2020-07-29 13:06:07:
Semi support, I don't feel strongly either way, but profile comments can be deleted, so if you get one you don't like you can just delete it
You still have to read them in order to determine if they're ok to leave or if you'd rather delete them tho. And I did have people continuously spamming my profile as soon as I deleted their previous comment (and even have other people message me when I blocked them). I'd rather have options on how I want to be contacted than having to deal with unwanted comments.

Anyway full support
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10