Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | The ability to unexalt progens (once)
1 2 3 4
When I first joined, I didn't completely understand that you could actually apply things like genes/breedchanges/etc. to your progens, so I exalted them. Knowing now that it's possible to apply those things, and actually change your dragons, I kind of wish I hadn't, and talking with some other people, I've heard the same things, so I figured I'd throw it up here, and see what other people think. (I apologize if this has been discussed before, I tried looking through the stickied posts, but I didn't find anything.)

How it would work:
  • Starting after the date this is implemented, if someone exalts their progen, they have a time window that they can retrieve it from*, say, one month; that should be enough time, IMO, to figure out how scrolls work, and that you can apply them to your progens. After that month the progens cannot be retrieved.
  • People who exalted their progens before this was implemented would be given the option of getting a new custom progen+random progen pair, (as the data cannot be retrieved at this point, if I'm understanding how FR works correctly). Since progens cannot be sold/exalted for money, I don't think that this would be unfair, but I'd love to hear other people's thoughts.
  • Once you've retrieved your progens once, if you exalt them again for whatever reason, you cannot ever get them back again.

*I know that staff can unexalt dragons if you email them, but the time window for that is very short.

Alternatively, if this idea is implemented, give people (who've exalted their progens only) the option to "assign" progen status to any two gen one dragons in their lair. However, this could only be done once, so once two dragons have been assigned as "progens", if you exalt them, you cannot do this again with a new pair. This would remove the ability to sell/exalt for treasure those two dragons, however it might be useful for RP clans?

Granted, this would give people quite a bit more customization over their dragons, since you can search for gen-ones you like, instead of getting a truly random progen, or having random terts, and as such, I can see this ideas not truly being better, but I figured it couldn't hurt to say? |D

(Obviously I'm not saying that this should be a priority or anything, but I wanted to put these ideas out there.)
When I first joined, I didn't completely understand that you could actually apply things like genes/breedchanges/etc. to your progens, so I exalted them. Knowing now that it's possible to apply those things, and actually change your dragons, I kind of wish I hadn't, and talking with some other people, I've heard the same things, so I figured I'd throw it up here, and see what other people think. (I apologize if this has been discussed before, I tried looking through the stickied posts, but I didn't find anything.)

How it would work:
  • Starting after the date this is implemented, if someone exalts their progen, they have a time window that they can retrieve it from*, say, one month; that should be enough time, IMO, to figure out how scrolls work, and that you can apply them to your progens. After that month the progens cannot be retrieved.
  • People who exalted their progens before this was implemented would be given the option of getting a new custom progen+random progen pair, (as the data cannot be retrieved at this point, if I'm understanding how FR works correctly). Since progens cannot be sold/exalted for money, I don't think that this would be unfair, but I'd love to hear other people's thoughts.
  • Once you've retrieved your progens once, if you exalt them again for whatever reason, you cannot ever get them back again.

*I know that staff can unexalt dragons if you email them, but the time window for that is very short.

Alternatively, if this idea is implemented, give people (who've exalted their progens only) the option to "assign" progen status to any two gen one dragons in their lair. However, this could only be done once, so once two dragons have been assigned as "progens", if you exalt them, you cannot do this again with a new pair. This would remove the ability to sell/exalt for treasure those two dragons, however it might be useful for RP clans?

Granted, this would give people quite a bit more customization over their dragons, since you can search for gen-ones you like, instead of getting a truly random progen, or having random terts, and as such, I can see this ideas not truly being better, but I figured it couldn't hurt to say? |D

(Obviously I'm not saying that this should be a priority or anything, but I wanted to put these ideas out there.)
tumblr_otihfuy8hG1u80m1yo1_400.png
Support 1+

Sadly in the first week i joined FR i exalted both my progens. Now i regret it so much ^ ^ giving FR users the ability to un-exalt progens would be wonderful thing.
Support 1+

Sadly in the first week i joined FR i exalted both my progens. Now i regret it so much ^ ^ giving FR users the ability to un-exalt progens would be wonderful thing.
mhmmm
+1

Support, So much Support.
+1

Support, So much Support.
I support, especially one-time only for progens.
I support, especially one-time only for progens.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
WAY support. I was so unhappy I had a tundra dragon as my random progen and exalted him...only to discover later that there were breed change scrolls. AND he was matching colors with my custom progen!
WAY support. I was so unhappy I had a tundra dragon as my random progen and exalted him...only to discover later that there were breed change scrolls. AND he was matching colors with my custom progen!
tumblr_inline_nb2ti8NMAe1qg78ij.pnglight.png
Support!
Support!
Please ping me if you want my attention or are replying to me. I won't see it otherwise.

Tn4TEAZ.png
My clan is Fandragons and OCs and the odd silly name. It's also mean to everyone in said clan.
Support. People exalt their progens without realizing they get nothing for doing so, and without realizing they can just scatter scroll them.
Support. People exalt their progens without realizing they get nothing for doing so, and without realizing they can just scatter scroll them.
Support!
Support!
Renard(e) || Pronouns; iel or they
Host of the Fireworks Median system
FR Time +3 || French and English speaker || 25+
- Current hyperfixation : Saint Seiya -
(Autistic, so I'm super sorry if I say weird things at times!)
No support. I think maybe an alternative for this would be like a pop up window or something once you click exalt basically explaining that you can't undo this, you won't get any treasure from this, etc... The idea of there being a one month period or whatever seems kind of messy to me.
No support. I think maybe an alternative for this would be like a pop up window or something once you click exalt basically explaining that you can't undo this, you won't get any treasure from this, etc... The idea of there being a one month period or whatever seems kind of messy to me.
w73gIsp.png
Support. I didn't like my random's colours so I exalted him. How was I supposed to know that scatterscrolls would be a thing in a few months? I thought I would have been stuck with his colours forever.
Support. I didn't like my random's colours so I exalted him. How was I supposed to know that scatterscrolls would be a thing in a few months? I thought I would have been stuck with his colours forever.
jCVhFoZ.gif
1 2 3 4