Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New breed: Owldrakes
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21 22
That sketch is incredible! A really feathered (and obviously predatory) dragon has my full support.
That sketch is incredible! A really feathered (and obviously predatory) dragon has my full support.
windh4.png
Definitely support!

Mainly because owls and the awesomeness of that sketch
Definitely support!

Mainly because owls and the awesomeness of that sketch
Welcome to
fr_banner_by_hayleesade-d9ozw1e.png
GIMME THAT RIGHT NOW!!!
SUPPORT! :DDDDDD
GIMME THAT RIGHT NOW!!!
SUPPORT! :DDDDDD
egg.gif
I'll take 100 of these!
I'll take 100 of these!
iceflight_by_kitsunka-d8l0oi6.png
I love ALL of it except for the beak, I think it pulls away a little too far from the idea of the classic dragon.
Beautiful sketch too, woo!
I love ALL of it except for the beak, I think it pulls away a little too far from the idea of the classic dragon.
Beautiful sketch too, woo!
MSRoySig2_zpsrobgfqfj.png
We need another dragon breed or two in general... Support for new dragon breeds. ^^
We need another dragon breed or two in general... Support for new dragon breeds. ^^
untitl13_by_isellahowler-da9jjd3.jpg
Support! It's gorgeous
Support! It's gorgeous
[quote name="Felahr" date=2015-01-12 19:09:28] [quote name="Shattertooth" date="2015-01-11 10:53:48"]Too 'gryphon'. No support, though the image is really cool.[/quote] In what ways could they be made less gryphon and more dragon? Input please :D [/quote] I'm concerned that the preliminary design is too close to gryphon and not quite enough dragon. My suggestion (and take it for all that a grain of salt is worth, I love this idea and I want it to go places) 1. slightly larger eyes, or more emphasis on the area around the eyes as that is the most recognizable feature of any owl (other than, you know wings, feather, etc.) 2. I like the dual tail features, please keep 3. more scaled areas, like a tundra you may claim that it is in a seasonal state. If we believed tundra theories, we might not recognize that there are dragons under the piles of fur. More scales will help people think more dragony 4. deeper and longer chest cavity. Will help to distinguish it's body type away from the traditional gryphon and give it a more powerful look
Felahr wrote on 2015-01-12:
Shattertooth wrote on 2015-01-11 10:53:48:
Too 'gryphon'.

No support, though the image is really cool.

In what ways could they be made less gryphon and more dragon? Input please :D

I'm concerned that the preliminary design is too close to gryphon and not quite enough dragon.

My suggestion (and take it for all that a grain of salt is worth, I love this idea and I want it to go places)
1. slightly larger eyes, or more emphasis on the area around the eyes as that is the most recognizable feature of any owl (other than, you know wings, feather, etc.)
2. I like the dual tail features, please keep
3. more scaled areas, like a tundra you may claim that it is in a seasonal state. If we believed tundra theories, we might not recognize that there are dragons under the piles of fur. More scales will help people think more dragony
4. deeper and longer chest cavity. Will help to distinguish it's body type away from the traditional gryphon and give it a more powerful look
IMG-7708.png

ovaJ1TV.png
I love the picture idea but agree about the comment of replacing the beak. I like it with 4 legs and lots of feathers. Please make this a dragon?
I love the picture idea but agree about the comment of replacing the beak. I like it with 4 legs and lots of feathers. Please make this a dragon?
UrnS5Ig.jpgbootcampcircle_zpssrlu12jk.pngMJXwg2D.pngsppyKqc.png?1.png
I think this would be a really cool design!
I think this would be a really cool design!
XriSV9h.gif
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21 22