Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Brood Parasite Dragon
1 2
I really, really like this idea. Also the random element idea (so you don't always end up with the same eye colors!)

Maybe one of the suggested dragons breed currently around could be used (though that means tweeking their descriptions)?
I really, really like this idea. Also the random element idea (so you don't always end up with the same eye colors!)

Maybe one of the suggested dragons breed currently around could be used (though that means tweeking their descriptions)?
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
Support!
Support!
ArtShopSignature_Split_1.png ............. ArtShopSignature_Split_2.png
Support!

Imagine if there was a parasite breed that you could only get through this! And maybe they could have plague eyes regardless of your nest? I dunno if they should be unbreedable though, since then it might mess up the market even more, as was already stated. Perhaps make it so they have a very rare chance of coming up in regular nests, but gen1 parasites can breed with veeerry long cooldowns. Perhaps just gen1s though, to keep the rarity but save the market a bit.
Support!

Imagine if there was a parasite breed that you could only get through this! And maybe they could have plague eyes regardless of your nest? I dunno if they should be unbreedable though, since then it might mess up the market even more, as was already stated. Perhaps make it so they have a very rare chance of coming up in regular nests, but gen1 parasites can breed with veeerry long cooldowns. Perhaps just gen1s though, to keep the rarity but save the market a bit.
BVNLjhc.pngHZLPFUq.png
I like it, but I don't really like the completely unable to breed idea. What if it were assigned a new breed rarity such as "Extremely Rare" and not allowed to breed with others of the same rarity. If breeding it even to a coatl or WC produced coat/wc babies 95% of the time, and breeding it to others produced parasites even less, it would (a) remain quite rare, even with people breeding for it and (b) incentivize the breeding of rares.
I like it, but I don't really like the completely unable to breed idea. What if it were assigned a new breed rarity such as "Extremely Rare" and not allowed to breed with others of the same rarity. If breeding it even to a coatl or WC produced coat/wc babies 95% of the time, and breeding it to others produced parasites even less, it would (a) remain quite rare, even with people breeding for it and (b) incentivize the breeding of rares.
I like the idea of the parasite being a (new to FR?) familiar.
You start a nest with (say) 3 eggs, and two days in a smaller, different looking egg just shows up.
I like the idea of the parasite being a (new to FR?) familiar.
You start a nest with (say) 3 eggs, and two days in a smaller, different looking egg just shows up.
ouroborus_sig1_Earth_small.png
This was suggested previously and some of the comments/discussion in that thread were interesting; although the biggest thing from that thread was players wanted it toggleable.

I do think that if this was added that any random parasites would have to be Gen1 (unknown parents) and should probably be ungened and the parasite rate should be relatively low. Since I think all breeds should be scrollable (an existing character might be perfect for the new breed and if I can't scroll them I'm screwed; even imps are/were scrollable although there were only a limited number of scrolls available) there should be a way to strip the breed from G1 Brood Parasites to create a scroll. Perhaps a ritual of transference where you take three G1 Broods to create a scroll, the G1 Broods would then become random plentifuls. The ritual of transference could possibly be used on any breedchanged G1 of the same breed. It should only be used on G1s since that's the only way to guarantee that the breed wasn't obtained be breeding

Personally I don't think it should be only obtainable via brood parasitism as it would be impossible to breed for color in that breed. Perhaps when breeding, brood parasites would only ever lay one or two eggs (this is regardless of if it is broodxbrood or broodxother breed), and in the cases of a female brood they would only be able lay their eggs in nests containing eggs but only nests with less than 5 eggs. In the case of crossbreed pair if the brood parasite was the male it would be laid in an empty nest but if the brood parasite was a female it would be laid in an occupied nest. A nest consisting of a brood would not be eligible for the 5 egg achievement. Brood parasites would have to fit into a new category since they wouldn't work like any existing category. The category should probably be called 'special' and have a longer breeding cooldown and smaller nest sizes. In the heirarchy it should probably be either equal to or higher than rare
This was suggested previously and some of the comments/discussion in that thread were interesting; although the biggest thing from that thread was players wanted it toggleable.

I do think that if this was added that any random parasites would have to be Gen1 (unknown parents) and should probably be ungened and the parasite rate should be relatively low. Since I think all breeds should be scrollable (an existing character might be perfect for the new breed and if I can't scroll them I'm screwed; even imps are/were scrollable although there were only a limited number of scrolls available) there should be a way to strip the breed from G1 Brood Parasites to create a scroll. Perhaps a ritual of transference where you take three G1 Broods to create a scroll, the G1 Broods would then become random plentifuls. The ritual of transference could possibly be used on any breedchanged G1 of the same breed. It should only be used on G1s since that's the only way to guarantee that the breed wasn't obtained be breeding

Personally I don't think it should be only obtainable via brood parasitism as it would be impossible to breed for color in that breed. Perhaps when breeding, brood parasites would only ever lay one or two eggs (this is regardless of if it is broodxbrood or broodxother breed), and in the cases of a female brood they would only be able lay their eggs in nests containing eggs but only nests with less than 5 eggs. In the case of crossbreed pair if the brood parasite was the male it would be laid in an empty nest but if the brood parasite was a female it would be laid in an occupied nest. A nest consisting of a brood would not be eligible for the 5 egg achievement. Brood parasites would have to fit into a new category since they wouldn't work like any existing category. The category should probably be called 'special' and have a longer breeding cooldown and smaller nest sizes. In the heirarchy it should probably be either equal to or higher than rare
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Support. this sounds awesome!
Support. this sounds awesome!
mirror/imperial enthusiast --- he/him only please. no she/they/it. --- have a nice day!
Definitely support.

My suggestion would be to make all brood parasites female-only; they would be parasites not only on nests of other dragons but on the genetics of other dragons. If you wanted to breed your brood parasite, then you would have to have a currently active nest started the same day. Your brood parasite would have to lay her egg in that nest (and there would have to be fewer than five eggs). This way brood parasites would be a dominant breed, but could have a long cool-down and would only lay one egg at a time, in an existing nest.
Definitely support.

My suggestion would be to make all brood parasites female-only; they would be parasites not only on nests of other dragons but on the genetics of other dragons. If you wanted to breed your brood parasite, then you would have to have a currently active nest started the same day. Your brood parasite would have to lay her egg in that nest (and there would have to be fewer than five eggs). This way brood parasites would be a dominant breed, but could have a long cool-down and would only lay one egg at a time, in an existing nest.
b6c909a097384df55457cdfcbf869a92.png
definite support! This would be awesome~
definite support! This would be awesome~
cb97ddd4-47eb-11e7-9a25-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif31b4737d-47f9-11e7-a649-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif5807c18f-480e-11e7-9dd4-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifbd02d84f-4804-11e7-83b1-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd3ff9d7a-47eb-11e7-a31f-11207adb8873.gif
she/her, panrom ace
support
support
button.png raffle5.png
1 2