Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Decorate Your Lair
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I did a forum search of this but nothing turned up, so I'll go ahead and pitch this idea! (This may be planned already but I don't know were I'd find that info.)

Title: Decorate Your Dragon Lair
Summary: Arrange items and/or Dragons within a Flight-specific lair using a simple Java or Flash interface.
Details
Lair Environment: Your Lair would be themed according to what flight you are in. Wind Lairs would have lots of bamboo, Water Lairs would have water, etc. Basically they would be a pre-rendered image; possibly with some layering of foreground, mid-ground, and background. Objects in the foreground would obscure things behind them in the mid-ground and background and so on.
There could maybe be different Lairs to choose from with different layouts, or the layout could change as your Lair advances in rank. However I understand if that wouldn't be possible or not available right away as a project like this involves the creation of quite a few new assets.

Arranging Items: Dragons are one example of items you could arrange in your lair. You could choose a few of your favorites and drag them around left and right, or up and down. Dragons and other items will have a visible bounding box while in edit mode, but once you save it disappears. Next to the bounding box in edit mode, there could be the following buttons: Remove, send backward, bring forward, rotate, scale, and overlapping items.
Remove is pretty self explanatory, send back/forward are so you can change the layering of the dragon with the environment and other dragons. Rotate so you can make them look like they're standing/sitting correctly on something, scale so dragons in the back can be smaller and dragons in the front can be bigger, and overlapping items in case the Dragon's bounding box covers up something else you want to select.
Other Items: Being able to place plants, food, or other items (even nests or beds) in the lair would be really nice too. Having a garden/spawning pool/insect or animal breeding area so you could harvest specific types of food (one type of harvest area per lair only) would be neat too, but I'm new here so I'm not really sure how that would affect the balance of things.

Implementation on Flight Rising: On the Clan Profile there could be a link like "Visit My Lair" or "Enter My Lair". I think it would be super fun to be able to check out everyone else's Lairs! When you visit your own lair there could be a little "Check Footprints" button or link so you could see who visited your Lair. Leaving gifts in other users' Lairs would be a really cute feature too.
If you didn't want other people visiting your Lair you could make it private (so only friends can see it, or no one at all) in your account settings or have it so that only members of your flight could visit. Having a little chat space would be fun too.

What does everyone else think?
I did a forum search of this but nothing turned up, so I'll go ahead and pitch this idea! (This may be planned already but I don't know were I'd find that info.)

Title: Decorate Your Dragon Lair
Summary: Arrange items and/or Dragons within a Flight-specific lair using a simple Java or Flash interface.
Details
Lair Environment: Your Lair would be themed according to what flight you are in. Wind Lairs would have lots of bamboo, Water Lairs would have water, etc. Basically they would be a pre-rendered image; possibly with some layering of foreground, mid-ground, and background. Objects in the foreground would obscure things behind them in the mid-ground and background and so on.
There could maybe be different Lairs to choose from with different layouts, or the layout could change as your Lair advances in rank. However I understand if that wouldn't be possible or not available right away as a project like this involves the creation of quite a few new assets.

Arranging Items: Dragons are one example of items you could arrange in your lair. You could choose a few of your favorites and drag them around left and right, or up and down. Dragons and other items will have a visible bounding box while in edit mode, but once you save it disappears. Next to the bounding box in edit mode, there could be the following buttons: Remove, send backward, bring forward, rotate, scale, and overlapping items.
Remove is pretty self explanatory, send back/forward are so you can change the layering of the dragon with the environment and other dragons. Rotate so you can make them look like they're standing/sitting correctly on something, scale so dragons in the back can be smaller and dragons in the front can be bigger, and overlapping items in case the Dragon's bounding box covers up something else you want to select.
Other Items: Being able to place plants, food, or other items (even nests or beds) in the lair would be really nice too. Having a garden/spawning pool/insect or animal breeding area so you could harvest specific types of food (one type of harvest area per lair only) would be neat too, but I'm new here so I'm not really sure how that would affect the balance of things.

Implementation on Flight Rising: On the Clan Profile there could be a link like "Visit My Lair" or "Enter My Lair". I think it would be super fun to be able to check out everyone else's Lairs! When you visit your own lair there could be a little "Check Footprints" button or link so you could see who visited your Lair. Leaving gifts in other users' Lairs would be a really cute feature too.
If you didn't want other people visiting your Lair you could make it private (so only friends can see it, or no one at all) in your account settings or have it so that only members of your flight could visit. Having a little chat space would be fun too.

What does everyone else think?
pzVHSdD.gifdon't get sucked into the pit!
Support massively, but in the future when the site is more stable and large, in progress features are released such as the Brewery and adventuring. I'd -love- some way to decorate a lair with furnishings and knickknacks, but that would be a massive art undertaking, so I could see why FR wouldn't have the resources available at this point in time.
Support massively, but in the future when the site is more stable and large, in progress features are released such as the Brewery and adventuring. I'd -love- some way to decorate a lair with furnishings and knickknacks, but that would be a massive art undertaking, so I could see why FR wouldn't have the resources available at this point in time.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I very nearly made a suggestion like this once. Lots of support! But, as has been said, once the site is more stable and other major features are out of the way.
I very nearly made a suggestion like this once. Lots of support! But, as has been said, once the site is more stable and other major features are out of the way.
Pard-ra? Par-dra? I sound like a Thundercats character. Click please? .gif.gif
As interesting as this sounds, it looks like a whole lot of coding. Besides, we're still waiting on the Adventure feature to come out and that requires a lot of coding from what I heard, so until that comes out, I don't think this is necessary yet.
As interesting as this sounds, it looks like a whole lot of coding. Besides, we're still waiting on the Adventure feature to come out and that requires a lot of coding from what I heard, so until that comes out, I don't think this is necessary yet.
I have Shame humanity and put us all in Agony because of my Dream!
(Big thanks for the Quote to MythGriffin24)
agony_copy_by_scorpius02-d8cdlsm.pngshame_by_scorpius02-d8cdm6f.png
Support!! But only once all the major site issues are cleared.
Support!! But only once all the major site issues are cleared.
tumblr_o0zdk7U6M21u3wsjco6_250.png a1rYPJ5.png

gASzi6V.pngtP5PUOX.png

they/them; +17fr
doodle art
Support! pretty much all the art assets are already done and these types of things aren't that difficult to program.
Support! pretty much all the art assets are already done and these types of things aren't that difficult to program.
IJJc6Sg.png 6I84XUY.gif wXPzM1Z.gif
Once the site is more stable, Support!!
Once the site is more stable, Support!!
ArtShopSignature_Split_1.png ............. ArtShopSignature_Split_2.png
This would be great once the site is more stable! Id love to decorate my lair with spoils of massanimalmurder war
This would be great once the site is more stable! Id love to decorate my lair with spoils of massanimalmurder war
I sooo want to be able to see lairs properly. Support!
I sooo want to be able to see lairs properly. Support!
Stuffed Mith Craft Creature Exotic Arcanist Idol Flowering Vulpine Plushie Kelp Tender Plush
Echoing above sentiments, I'd love to see this implemented once major site problems are dealt with!
Echoing above sentiments, I'd love to see this implemented once major site problems are dealt with!
+19 FR time | She/Her| Nest Network
1 2 3 4 5 6 7