Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragons elements changes
1 2
Hello eweryone
i wonder if in the future could be possible to change dragon elements.
should be something like Flight change but for example by trading (X) number of Runestones or Dragon Gods Dolls or Spells of this flight...

example: you have a reaaaly loved Fae female witch super genes and cool colors, but u need diferent element to party. Soo you colecting thunder runestones for few week and one day u will trade them for element change to lighting to your fae. Super cool fae witch great skills to colliseum :)

I think, many of peoples there will appreciated this thing... :) What do you think?
Hello eweryone
i wonder if in the future could be possible to change dragon elements.
should be something like Flight change but for example by trading (X) number of Runestones or Dragon Gods Dolls or Spells of this flight...

example: you have a reaaaly loved Fae female witch super genes and cool colors, but u need diferent element to party. Soo you colecting thunder runestones for few week and one day u will trade them for element change to lighting to your fae. Super cool fae witch great skills to colliseum :)

I think, many of peoples there will appreciated this thing... :) What do you think?
BVUXJUX.png
Sorry, I can't support this- it completely contradicts the site's lore and how dragons are associated with flights. It would be much more convenient, but I would hate to see that part of the 'atmosphere' of the site go.
Sorry, I can't support this- it completely contradicts the site's lore and how dragons are associated with flights. It would be much more convenient, but I would hate to see that part of the 'atmosphere' of the site go.
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
I think this topic has been brought up numerous times and it never goes well.
I think this topic has been brought up numerous times and it never goes well.
tumblr_ngrmnjlNu11shujpio1_500.png
Only the admins should be able to change a dragon's element. Even when they can, they shouldn't do it unless the thing with Hope and Boston. No support.
Only the admins should be able to change a dragon's element. Even when they can, they shouldn't do it unless the thing with Hope and Boston. No support.
o6FGGwX.pngGWb9eUn.png
ElKYM7J.pngjh3xPp0.png
mlHpBMC.png6mVFIuV.png
nWiQNX9.pngFObX7rS.png

x6q41j.png
8X2ZJTK.png
I could support this when crafting is implemented. I remember several months ago that this could have something to do with dominance/exalting as well. For example, exalting a dragon level 10 or above could yield a slight chance for giving some kind of dust or material. Exalting level 15 or above could yield a moderate chance, level 20 and above would yield a good chance, and level 25 would yield the material often. The ingredients could be: [list]â–º X amount of Elemental Runestones â–º X amount of Elemental dust/material[/list] Once the Change Item is used, all battle stones on your dragon are destroyed (forgotten) and you will need to buy new ones if you want your dragon to have battle stones again. Elements are sacred, which is why I don't believe contacts would be a good idea. Contacts seem like a cheap way to do something. If the only way to change the dragon's element involved training and exalting dragons, I feel like it would help invest people more in to the game. More time spent, more ad revenue, etc. Better for the site. It also negates the need for Nest Rentals or a feature that lets you use different nests to get eyes that you want. Feel free to ping me here if you see something I've overlooked, or something you'd like to add on to my spin. [i]/shrugs/[/i]
I could support this when crafting is implemented. I remember several months ago that this could have something to do with dominance/exalting as well. For example, exalting a dragon level 10 or above could yield a slight chance for giving some kind of dust or material. Exalting level 15 or above could yield a moderate chance, level 20 and above would yield a good chance, and level 25 would yield the material often.

The ingredients could be:
    â–º X amount of Elemental Runestones
    â–º X amount of Elemental dust/material

Once the Change Item is used, all battle stones on your dragon are destroyed (forgotten) and you will need to buy new ones if you want your dragon to have battle stones again.

Elements are sacred, which is why I don't believe contacts would be a good idea. Contacts seem like a cheap way to do something. If the only way to change the dragon's element involved training and exalting dragons, I feel like it would help invest people more in to the game. More time spent, more ad revenue, etc. Better for the site. It also negates the need for Nest Rentals or a feature that lets you use different nests to get eyes that you want.

Feel free to ping me here if you see something I've overlooked, or something you'd like to add on to my spin. /shrugs/
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
Its maybe not so bad idea, if is flights/elements sacred why is possible change clan element?
and also... im not say it wil be easy... and u can "change" dragon element every day...

in "RP" aspect why should be impossible to teach new kind of magic? :))

right many peoples dont like this idea, but i dont thing it has something witch "lore" or anything else

Lets Discuss
Its maybe not so bad idea, if is flights/elements sacred why is possible change clan element?
and also... im not say it wil be easy... and u can "change" dragon element every day...

in "RP" aspect why should be impossible to teach new kind of magic? :))

right many peoples dont like this idea, but i dont thing it has something witch "lore" or anything else

Lets Discuss
BVUXJUX.png
You can change clan element because you are literally picking up all your hoarded piles of sand and sticks, and carrying them to a different area on the world map. There's nothing intrinsic about a stick that says that if it fell off a tree in the Viridian Labyrinth, it must forever belong to nature! C:

Dragon element is leeched into the dragons when they are eggs, based on what part of the world map they were laid. That's why the element of the parents doesn't matter, just the element of the nest.

It also gives a lore reason for why you can't change elements when your dragons are on a nest. If eggs spent 3 days in a fire nest, absorbing fire magic, and then we picked up and moved to shadow and the eggs spent another three days incubating in a shadow nest and absorbing shadow magic, they'd end up half fire, half shadow...? Ech. And if you were patient and had enough gems, you could even potentially get a dragon with three or more elements. Coding nightmare.

I'd personally like to be able to change the elements of some of my dragons, but in terms of site lore, it's not something like a hat you can take off or put on, and it's not just the magic they learn as dragon kids, it's a literal part of their being picked up from the deity's area they were hatched in.
You can change clan element because you are literally picking up all your hoarded piles of sand and sticks, and carrying them to a different area on the world map. There's nothing intrinsic about a stick that says that if it fell off a tree in the Viridian Labyrinth, it must forever belong to nature! C:

Dragon element is leeched into the dragons when they are eggs, based on what part of the world map they were laid. That's why the element of the parents doesn't matter, just the element of the nest.

It also gives a lore reason for why you can't change elements when your dragons are on a nest. If eggs spent 3 days in a fire nest, absorbing fire magic, and then we picked up and moved to shadow and the eggs spent another three days incubating in a shadow nest and absorbing shadow magic, they'd end up half fire, half shadow...? Ech. And if you were patient and had enough gems, you could even potentially get a dragon with three or more elements. Coding nightmare.

I'd personally like to be able to change the elements of some of my dragons, but in terms of site lore, it's not something like a hat you can take off or put on, and it's not just the magic they learn as dragon kids, it's a literal part of their being picked up from the deity's area they were hatched in.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
No support. The only reason they allowed clan changes was because you are only allowed one account and many players chose a clan they did not fit in. Look at all the restrictions they put on flight changes--they have done such because the flight you choose should be an important decision. There is no reason to change a dragon's element as you can always purchase a dragon of the correct element or hatch an egg of that element.

If for some reason the admins decide to add an element change then in addition to having all of the stones deleted the dragon's level should be reset back to one (and stats returned to the starting stats for that breed) since the dragon would have to readjust to these new type of magic flowing through it.

As for lore reasons if you notice there is nothing geneic about eye color; it's based solely on the elemental magic that the egg absorbed; it's not 'teaching it a new kind of magic' it would be changing its absolte essence; it's soul if you will. Breed changes, gene changes and scatter scrolls merely change the physical---they do not change the soul.
No support. The only reason they allowed clan changes was because you are only allowed one account and many players chose a clan they did not fit in. Look at all the restrictions they put on flight changes--they have done such because the flight you choose should be an important decision. There is no reason to change a dragon's element as you can always purchase a dragon of the correct element or hatch an egg of that element.

If for some reason the admins decide to add an element change then in addition to having all of the stones deleted the dragon's level should be reset back to one (and stats returned to the starting stats for that breed) since the dragon would have to readjust to these new type of magic flowing through it.

As for lore reasons if you notice there is nothing geneic about eye color; it's based solely on the elemental magic that the egg absorbed; it's not 'teaching it a new kind of magic' it would be changing its absolte essence; it's soul if you will. Breed changes, gene changes and scatter scrolls merely change the physical---they do not change the soul.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="mewhaku" date="2014-08-12 09:51:34"]Sorry, I can't support this- it completely contradicts the site's lore and how dragons are associated with flights. It would be much more convenient, but I would hate to see that part of the 'atmosphere' of the site go.[/quote]
mewhaku wrote on 2014-08-12 09:51:34:
Every time I see a thread regarding changing dragon flights, I always think...

Contacts would be an easy solution. You don't actually change flight, but the eye colors can match the perfect dragon.
Every time I see a thread regarding changing dragon flights, I always think...

Contacts would be an easy solution. You don't actually change flight, but the eye colors can match the perfect dragon.
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
1 2