Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragons elements changes
1 2
Quote:
No support. The only reason they allowed clan changes was because you are only allowed one account and many players chose a clan they did not fit in. Look at all the restrictions they put on flight changes--they have done such because the flight you choose should be an important decision. There is no reason to change a dragon's element as you can always purchase a dragon of the correct element or hatch an egg of that element.

If for some reason the admins decide to add an element change then in addition to having all of the stones deleted the dragon's level should be reset back to one (and stats returned to the starting stats for that breed) since the dragon would have to readjust to these new type of magic flowing through it.

As for lore reasons if you notice there is nothing geneic about eye color; it's based solely on the elemental magic that the egg absorbed; it's not 'teaching it a new kind of magic' it would be changing its absolte essence; it's soul if you will. Breed changes, gene changes and scatter scrolls merely change the physical---they do not change the soul.

Pretty much this. And there are nest-renting services players provide if you want a dragon with another element's eye color.
Quote:
No support. The only reason they allowed clan changes was because you are only allowed one account and many players chose a clan they did not fit in. Look at all the restrictions they put on flight changes--they have done such because the flight you choose should be an important decision. There is no reason to change a dragon's element as you can always purchase a dragon of the correct element or hatch an egg of that element.

If for some reason the admins decide to add an element change then in addition to having all of the stones deleted the dragon's level should be reset back to one (and stats returned to the starting stats for that breed) since the dragon would have to readjust to these new type of magic flowing through it.

As for lore reasons if you notice there is nothing geneic about eye color; it's based solely on the elemental magic that the egg absorbed; it's not 'teaching it a new kind of magic' it would be changing its absolte essence; it's soul if you will. Breed changes, gene changes and scatter scrolls merely change the physical---they do not change the soul.

Pretty much this. And there are nest-renting services players provide if you want a dragon with another element's eye color.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
I'd prefer some form of 2P breeding. One player has the female dragon, one player has the male dragon. They meet in a neutral area. Even number of eggs produced, split 50/50. Hatchlings have an even chance of having either eye color. It'd be much more secure than nest renting too. And a ton of fun.
I'd prefer some form of 2P breeding. One player has the female dragon, one player has the male dragon. They meet in a neutral area. Even number of eggs produced, split 50/50. Hatchlings have an even chance of having either eye color. It'd be much more secure than nest renting too. And a ton of fun.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support for the reasons others have given.
No support for the reasons others have given.
Support.
Using lore as an argument isn't much of an argument.

I don't mind having a dragon reset to level 1 and losing stones. I don't want to go through the trouble of breeding dragons and borrowing nests. Considering the dragons I like to breed are wildclaws, so unless their range is super narrow. You're going to be waiting a long time to get that specific combination. As for borrowing nests, yeah like I'd trust a stranger to return an expensive irishim coatl.
Support.
Using lore as an argument isn't much of an argument.

I don't mind having a dragon reset to level 1 and losing stones. I don't want to go through the trouble of breeding dragons and borrowing nests. Considering the dragons I like to breed are wildclaws, so unless their range is super narrow. You're going to be waiting a long time to get that specific combination. As for borrowing nests, yeah like I'd trust a stranger to return an expensive irishim coatl.
No support.
No support.
Support!
Support!
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
Support
Support
3EAoDJ5.pngcUq3mJV.gifn8WBZAl.png
I'd either like this, or a way to change the elements of nests for one breeding.

As it is, lending and temp-trading, for breeding, is an unsupported thing. As in, if you do it to get dragons with matching eyes, and the other user screws you over, the admins won't do anything about it.

Changing the nest element (which is preferable to your suggestion) or the eye colour of an already existing dragon would be a safeguard against this.
I'd either like this, or a way to change the elements of nests for one breeding.

As it is, lending and temp-trading, for breeding, is an unsupported thing. As in, if you do it to get dragons with matching eyes, and the other user screws you over, the admins won't do anything about it.

Changing the nest element (which is preferable to your suggestion) or the eye colour of an already existing dragon would be a safeguard against this.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
1 2