Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Actual Auctions in the Auction house.
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
While this is a cool idea, and would make sense being it is called an auction house...how would it work? What if someone bid on an item then spent all their money? Would it go to the last bidder before them if the now money less person won? What about sorting the auctions?
Time till they end could stay, but price would have to go making it much harder to find in your budget. Or could you have it sort by bid price, something that could change quickly.What about that, would you need to refresh the page before you place your bid? Would you get taken to a different page to bid? A bit much to think about I suppose.
Of course you could just stick to the auto buy price, or as others have suggested a place to still make quick sales.
These are all things that the creators of the parts of FR would have to think about if they were to decide to implement, so I like to think about them as well when asking for something.
I do support this, I just worry about how much it could possibly change things if it were to happen.
While this is a cool idea, and would make sense being it is called an auction house...how would it work? What if someone bid on an item then spent all their money? Would it go to the last bidder before them if the now money less person won? What about sorting the auctions?
Time till they end could stay, but price would have to go making it much harder to find in your budget. Or could you have it sort by bid price, something that could change quickly.What about that, would you need to refresh the page before you place your bid? Would you get taken to a different page to bid? A bit much to think about I suppose.
Of course you could just stick to the auto buy price, or as others have suggested a place to still make quick sales.
These are all things that the creators of the parts of FR would have to think about if they were to decide to implement, so I like to think about them as well when asking for something.
I do support this, I just worry about how much it could possibly change things if it were to happen.
support. i would have loved this idea from the time i started to play. maby a personal shop for selling like the autcionhouse is now. and make the auction house an actual auction house
support. i would have loved this idea from the time i started to play. maby a personal shop for selling like the autcionhouse is now. and make the auction house an actual auction house
No support.
I don't want to have to fight people for an item I'm looking to purchase immediately and if there's no buy it now option or no one puts one then I have no choice but to bid, bid, bid and hope that I get it. Not into that sort of thing. I think the AH the way it is now is fine. Sure the name might be deceiving but plenty of other pet sites function this way too.
No support.
I don't want to have to fight people for an item I'm looking to purchase immediately and if there's no buy it now option or no one puts one then I have no choice but to bid, bid, bid and hope that I get it. Not into that sort of thing. I think the AH the way it is now is fine. Sure the name might be deceiving but plenty of other pet sites function this way too.
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
[quote name="SoulOfChaos" date=2016-12-28 08:35:10] While this is a cool idea, and would make sense being it is called an auction house...how would it work? What if someone bid on an item then spent all their money? Would it go to the last bidder before them if the now money less person won? [/quote] The money would be taken out of their hoard, and stored. It would be returned to the bidder once someone has bid over them, and they would get an alert notifying them of the person's bid and that their money has been returned.
SoulOfChaos wrote on 2016-12-28:
While this is a cool idea, and would make sense being it is called an auction house...how would it work? What if someone bid on an item then spent all their money? Would it go to the last bidder before them if the now money less person won?

The money would be taken out of their hoard, and stored. It would be returned to the bidder once someone has bid over them, and they would get an alert notifying them of the person's bid and that their money has been returned.
But don't we already have auction forum?
But don't we already have auction forum?
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
[quote name="Boolean" date=2016-12-29 05:08:28] No support. I don't want to have to fight people for an item I'm looking to purchase immediately and if there's no buy it now option or no one puts one then I have no choice but to bid, bid, bid and hope that I get it. Not into that sort of thing. I think the AH the way it is now is fine. Sure the name might be deceiving but plenty of other pet sites function this way too. [/quote] Well, I think OP meant not that auctions would replace all sales, but just be a separate category.
Boolean wrote on 2016-12-29:
No support.

Well, I think OP meant not that auctions would replace all sales, but just be a separate category.
I support, I think it would be cool as long as we can filter between flat sale and auctions. I don't think we'd need an entire subsection just filter it out like how you can filter if something is a skin or an accent. The actual listing should look different or have a marker or something otherwise people will complain that they can't tell the difference (what won't people complain about though)
I support, I think it would be cool as long as we can filter between flat sale and auctions. I don't think we'd need an entire subsection just filter it out like how you can filter if something is a skin or an accent. The actual listing should look different or have a marker or something otherwise people will complain that they can't tell the difference (what won't people complain about though)
Crow TseXxba.png
Fr Tumblr | Art Blog | Redbubble
Can be found at @ qur0w on most platforms
Personally I would much prefer it be handled like Neopets does and the auction side is a completely different section of the site.

I hate auctions and I would hate to have to constantly filter out any auctions being done through the AH. When I want an item, I want it NOW, not 5 days from now at an inflated price due to someone constantly upbidding, then only to miss out because the auction ends at a time I can't be on and someone snipes it. I also don't want to pay a ridiculous 'autobuy' price just to have the item now. (I am also not really fond of having my money tied up in an auction should I find what I bid on for a flat sale and potentially cheaper because it was put up for sale AFTER I bid on the auction)

So, having the AH remain as it is, but adding a different area that is only auctions would be the best way to handle it.
Personally I would much prefer it be handled like Neopets does and the auction side is a completely different section of the site.

I hate auctions and I would hate to have to constantly filter out any auctions being done through the AH. When I want an item, I want it NOW, not 5 days from now at an inflated price due to someone constantly upbidding, then only to miss out because the auction ends at a time I can't be on and someone snipes it. I also don't want to pay a ridiculous 'autobuy' price just to have the item now. (I am also not really fond of having my money tied up in an auction should I find what I bid on for a flat sale and potentially cheaper because it was put up for sale AFTER I bid on the auction)

So, having the AH remain as it is, but adding a different area that is only auctions would be the best way to handle it.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support. I was legitimately convinced I was missing something when I first joined, or that it had to be unlocked or something. It's so strange that the auction house is just a user market, not only because of the name but also it seems like an obvious feature [emoji=ridgeback confused size=2]
Support. I was legitimately convinced I was missing something when I first joined, or that it had to be unlocked or something. It's so strange that the auction house is just a user market, not only because of the name but also it seems like an obvious feature
RYIBLDJ.png
yNjam.gif I don't know how to format signatures
[quote name="SoulOfChaos" date="2016-12-28 08:35:10" ] While this is a cool idea, and would make sense being it is called an auction house...how would it work? What if someone bid on an item then spent all their money? Would it go to the last bidder before them if the now money less person won? What about sorting the auctions? Time till they end could stay, but price would have to go making it much harder to find in your budget. Or could you have it sort by bid price, something that could change quickly.What about that, would you need to refresh the page before you place your bid? Would you get taken to a different page to bid? A bit much to think about I suppose. Of course you could just stick to the auto buy price, or as others have suggested a place to still make quick sales. These are all things that the creators of the parts of FR would have to think about if they were to decide to implement, so I like to think about them as well when asking for something. I do support this, I just worry about how much it could possibly change things if it were to happen. [/quote] There's a lot here, so I'm gonna break it up into parts: 1- "What if someone bid on an item then spent all their money?" - The treasure could be 'spent' until the auction is over, then returned if they lost the auction. Going to the last bidder works as well. 2- "What about sorting the auctions?" - Sort by highest bid, lowest bid, or by time left. Maybe by popularity too. 3- "would you need to refresh the page before you place your bid?" - It could load automatically. I'm no programmer but I've seen sites with pages that update visually when something changes. 4- "Would you get taken to a different page to bid?" The auctions could be treated like crossroads trades, as in they have their own pages. I don't see anything wrong with that. Those are my thoughts, for what it's worth [emoji=ridgeback happy size=2]
SoulOfChaos wrote on 2016-12-28 08:35:10:

There's a lot here, so I'm gonna break it up into parts:
1- "What if someone bid on an item then spent all their money?" - The treasure could be 'spent' until the auction is over, then returned if they lost the auction. Going to the last bidder works as well.
2- "What about sorting the auctions?" - Sort by highest bid, lowest bid, or by time left. Maybe by popularity too.
3- "would you need to refresh the page before you place your bid?" - It could load automatically. I'm no programmer but I've seen sites with pages that update visually when something changes.
4- "Would you get taken to a different page to bid?" The auctions could be treated like crossroads trades, as in they have their own pages. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Those are my thoughts, for what it's worth
RYIBLDJ.png
yNjam.gif I don't know how to format signatures
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17