Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Starfall Contest Q&A, Discussion
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24 25
Hi everybody! :D Oh gosh I'm really excited, I was so inspired for this contest (even though I'm in Wind, not Arcane? what can I say they have the best locations/colors ;u;) and surprisingly hammered out something I'm very proud of for my first skin! [img]http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/gogglebeast/runicstrandssm_zps1bd985a5.png[/img] Loosely based off the Starwood Strand and Crystalspine Reaches (less so); I freehanded the runes and circles, but did visually reference the symbols themselves from the Arcanist bg/puzzle image because [i]there are so many runes out there how am I even supposed to choose[/i]. C8
Hi everybody! :D Oh gosh I'm really excited, I was so inspired for this contest (even though I'm in Wind, not Arcane? what can I say they have the best locations/colors ;u;) and surprisingly hammered out something I'm very proud of for my first skin!

runicstrandssm_zps1bd985a5.png

Loosely based off the Starwood Strand and Crystalspine Reaches (less so); I freehanded the runes and circles, but did visually reference the symbols themselves from the Arcanist bg/puzzle image because there are so many runes out there how am I even supposed to choose. C8
Zeon! (she/they)
UwU just entered. I expected this skin to take a lot longer than it did -- evidently all of my photoshop's pressure sensitivity settings but ONE were turned off. Once I turned them on big chunk rendering job I thought would take 3-4 hours ended up taking 20 minutes. .. and I was able to finish up the skin in a 4ish hour session instead of a 7 hour one. Whut.

Anyway. The skin. It's all inspired by the descriptions of otherworldly beings and dangerous magic over on the Arcane worldpage. I wrote some fun stuff about the skin and the PC it portrays that you can go see over at the official entry. (Third one down. Wall of text. Can't miss it).

Here's the skin itself.

4OF8FMe.png

(Also @steampunklayhr -- I can't believe you freehanded that. Wooow. Your poor wrist.)
UwU just entered. I expected this skin to take a lot longer than it did -- evidently all of my photoshop's pressure sensitivity settings but ONE were turned off. Once I turned them on big chunk rendering job I thought would take 3-4 hours ended up taking 20 minutes. .. and I was able to finish up the skin in a 4ish hour session instead of a 7 hour one. Whut.

Anyway. The skin. It's all inspired by the descriptions of otherworldly beings and dangerous magic over on the Arcane worldpage. I wrote some fun stuff about the skin and the PC it portrays that you can go see over at the official entry. (Third one down. Wall of text. Can't miss it).

Here's the skin itself.

4OF8FMe.png

(Also @steampunklayhr -- I can't believe you freehanded that. Wooow. Your poor wrist.)
*sees it's an Arcane contest* Hooray! My Flight! *POSTS A YELLOW DRAGON* [img]http://i.imgur.com/3ECcCR4.png[/img] Lol do you think it counts, being the representation of a shooting star?
*sees it's an Arcane contest*
Hooray! My Flight!

*POSTS A YELLOW DRAGON*

3ECcCR4.png

Lol do you think it counts, being the representation of a shooting star?
-sips tea-
[img]http://qso.com/carlautta/misc/neonarcane2bc.png[/img] opinions?
neonarcane2bc.png

opinions?
maekbabby.pngskinz.pngartbutton.giftumblrbutton.jpgdimensionriders2.png
@Microraptor [quote name="Microraptor" date="2013-09-19 23:40:53"]It's all inspired by the descriptions of otherworldly beings and dangerous magic over on the Arcane worldpage. I wrote some fun stuff about the skin and the PC it portrays that you can go see over at[url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=skin&id=957580&page=33] the official entry[/url]. (Third one down. Wall of text. Can't miss it). Here's the skin itself. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4OF8FMe.png[/IMG] [/quote] I love this and all the thought that went into its design.
@Microraptor
Microraptor wrote on 2013-09-19 23:40:53:
It's all inspired by the descriptions of otherworldly beings and dangerous magic over on the Arcane worldpage. I wrote some fun stuff about the skin and the PC it portrays that you can go see over at the official entry. (Third one down. Wall of text. Can't miss it).

Here's the skin itself.

4OF8FMe.png

I love this and all the thought that went into its design.
Please ping me as Inskora, not Inksora.
@steampunklayhr [quote name="steampunklayhr" date="2013-09-19 20:56:02"] [img]http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/gogglebeast/runicstrandssm_zps1bd985a5.png[/img][/quote] Oh my god, this is beautiful! The palette! This has to get picked.
@steampunklayhr
steampunklayhr wrote on 2013-09-19 20:56:02:
runicstrandssm_zps1bd985a5.png
Oh my god, this is beautiful! The palette! This has to get picked.
Please ping me as Inskora, not Inksora.
@Sheo [quote name="Sheo" date="2013-09-19 13:46:18"]@Velg Looks really cool :3 I think giving the fissure a slight glow would make it look better^^ Also I'd put a few highlights on the edges of those fissures, so it looks more realistic. Also, I just fell in love with that texture you gave to the skin. Makes the whole thing look sexy as hell.[/quote] Thanks! I updated it a bit, think I'm going to leave it alone now lol. [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Velg/MagicWithinTH2.png[/img] Detail clip: [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Velg/MWClip2.png[/img]
@Sheo
Sheo wrote on 2013-09-19 13:46:18:
@Velg
Looks really cool :3 I think giving the fissure a slight glow would make it look better^^ Also I'd put a few highlights on the edges of those fissures, so it looks more realistic.
Also, I just fell in love with that texture you gave to the skin. Makes the whole thing look sexy as hell.

Thanks! I updated it a bit, think I'm going to leave it alone now lol.

MagicWithinTH2.png

Detail clip:
MWClip2.png
JzUZHeP.png6Zs7hJu.pngiwOM9O6.pngjtUkEZ1.pngygWzlbs.png
hwR6tZT.png
WvEXipG.png
oaolHwW.png
HSWqWgZ.png
bvMRM0l.png
rix3ppo.png
YMPbu9R.png
cdqdRxL.png
EE2umbT.png
ZTPpQYU.png
bvMRM0l.png
U64G5xl.png
mlHpBMC.png
uJuXpVk.pngyK2yfiw.png2iCvw0g.pngMmr9HrK.png
hwR6tZT.png
@Inskora Ahh, thank you so much! ;333; I'm in love with most of Arcane's palettes, so it was a lot of fun getting to play around and try to combine and convert them into something like this. 8D

@Microraptor Surprisingly drawing those runes out was a lot easier on my wrist than playing Shock Switch! XD But dang, I'm really impressed by the depth of those cracks on yours; and I love that you included some lore with it, too!

@Velg Dang, I really love the colors on yours! That purple and pink together is lovely; I love the idea of energy crackling through. ;u;
@Inskora Ahh, thank you so much! ;333; I'm in love with most of Arcane's palettes, so it was a lot of fun getting to play around and try to combine and convert them into something like this. 8D

@Microraptor Surprisingly drawing those runes out was a lot easier on my wrist than playing Shock Switch! XD But dang, I'm really impressed by the depth of those cracks on yours; and I love that you included some lore with it, too!

@Velg Dang, I really love the colors on yours! That purple and pink together is lovely; I love the idea of energy crackling through. ;u;
Zeon! (she/they)
@Steampunklayhr Haha! My sister @MissA who is a real life arts for a living artist and showed me how to make cracks look like that. I wouldn't be anywhere without her guidance. She provided me with critique all throughout the skin's production.
@Steampunklayhr Haha! My sister @MissA who is a real life arts for a living artist and showed me how to make cracks look like that. I wouldn't be anywhere without her guidance. She provided me with critique all throughout the skin's production.
*crawls in exhausted*
My GOODNESS I didn't think I was going to make my entry on time... and sky not doing a skin for her own holiday... SACRILEGE!!!
Darn event planning ate all my skin time up >.<

@steampunklayhr
By FAR my favorite and a big inspiration to the colorization of my own skin (though we are pretty much on the same track with our colour theory me thinks) you did an absolutely amazing job and you didn't over saturate the colours either, absolute 10 out of 10 from me!!!

Well, I'm off to die a slow and happy death now lmao.
*crawls in exhausted*
My GOODNESS I didn't think I was going to make my entry on time... and sky not doing a skin for her own holiday... SACRILEGE!!!
Darn event planning ate all my skin time up >.<

@steampunklayhr
By FAR my favorite and a big inspiration to the colorization of my own skin (though we are pretty much on the same track with our colour theory me thinks) you did an absolutely amazing job and you didn't over saturate the colours either, absolute 10 out of 10 from me!!!

Well, I'm off to die a slow and happy death now lmao.
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24 25