Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Flameforger's Skin Contest Discussion
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 44 45
@Fawntastic! THank you so much! I'm getting so much positive feedback on this one, I'll probably do a run or two if it doesn't place anyway ;; <3 <3 <3
@Fawntastic! THank you so much! I'm getting so much positive feedback on this one, I'll probably do a run or two if it doesn't place anyway ;; <3 <3 <3
slarg_child_smol_by_deestracted-da8z0h2.png
@Deestracted

Oh fantastic! If you do, could I possibly get put on a pinglist or anything like that? C:
@Deestracted

Oh fantastic! If you do, could I possibly get put on a pinglist or anything like that? C:
pdv6Alx.png7HuFsWw.png
3SI8WII.pngoIZaaRa.png
I was going through the thread and saw many lovely entries! Some of them, however, would be disqualified in their current form for one reason or another. That'd be a shame, so I'm going to try and ping all users whose accent submission somehow went wrong.

Of course many of these are WIPs and I'm sorry if I pinged you for an issue you were already aware of and were going to fix!

I listed a whole bunch of tutorials as well, which I think should help fix all issues I saw. Please read tutorials before asking me for help; they're much better at explaining it than I would be.

- Official tutorial
- SAI tutorial
- GIMP tutorial
- PS Elements tutorial
- Unofficial skin/accent help thread
- Checking accent % coverage

@LCskeleton I'm bad at eyeballing this, but does your accent cover less than 5%? Might be good to check if you haven't.

@svnrise Yours look like it may be less than 5%, too. There's a tutorial listed above explaining how to check.

@cgeez If your entry is supposed to be an accent, be sure to submit a transparent version :) If it's going to be a skin, ignore this!

@miiaou Looks like you accidentally removed the shadow layer, maybe? You can tint it or make it slightly transparent, but there needs to be a shadow layer :)

@SemiObsessed The accent you submit has to be 350*350 pixels, yours is too large right now. The shadow layer is also missing, and the lineart isn't supposed to show outside the accent areas. There are some tutorials linked above :)

@SalamanderQueen Is it going to be an accent or a skin? If it's going to be an accent, the grey parts need to be transparent.

@Karragan Your entry is currently too large, it needs to be 350*350 pixels. Also, if you want it to be an accent you need to make the grey areas transparent.

@Casiope Your entry is currently too large, it needs to be 350*350 pixels. Also, if you want it to be an accent you need to make the grey areas transparent.

@Indigostones If you want your first entry to be an accent you need to make the grey areas transparent.

@agvriska If you want your entry to be an accent you need to make the grey areas transparent.

@PsychoAna If you want your entry to be an accent you need to make the grey areas transparent.

@Futhark If you want your entry to be an accent you need to make the grey areas transparent.

@ProudRyukin13 Looks like you accidentally removed the shadow layer, maybe? You can tint it or make it slightly transparent, but there needs to be a shadow layer. The lineart also isn't supposed to show outside the accent areas.

@capy Your entry needs to be resized to 350*30 pixels. The example on the Coatl is fine, the transparent accent is too large.

@Deoxtri Have you checked if your accent's coverage is more than 5%? Looks like it may be less than that, though I'm bad at eyeballing it.

I was going through the thread and saw many lovely entries! Some of them, however, would be disqualified in their current form for one reason or another. That'd be a shame, so I'm going to try and ping all users whose accent submission somehow went wrong.

Of course many of these are WIPs and I'm sorry if I pinged you for an issue you were already aware of and were going to fix!

I listed a whole bunch of tutorials as well, which I think should help fix all issues I saw. Please read tutorials before asking me for help; they're much better at explaining it than I would be.

- Official tutorial
- SAI tutorial
- GIMP tutorial
- PS Elements tutorial
- Unofficial skin/accent help thread
- Checking accent % coverage

@LCskeleton I'm bad at eyeballing this, but does your accent cover less than 5%? Might be good to check if you haven't.

@svnrise Yours look like it may be less than 5%, too. There's a tutorial listed above explaining how to check.

@cgeez If your entry is supposed to be an accent, be sure to submit a transparent version :) If it's going to be a skin, ignore this!

@miiaou Looks like you accidentally removed the shadow layer, maybe? You can tint it or make it slightly transparent, but there needs to be a shadow layer :)

@SemiObsessed The accent you submit has to be 350*350 pixels, yours is too large right now. The shadow layer is also missing, and the lineart isn't supposed to show outside the accent areas. There are some tutorials linked above :)

@SalamanderQueen Is it going to be an accent or a skin? If it's going to be an accent, the grey parts need to be transparent.

@Karragan Your entry is currently too large, it needs to be 350*350 pixels. Also, if you want it to be an accent you need to make the grey areas transparent.

@Casiope Your entry is currently too large, it needs to be 350*350 pixels. Also, if you want it to be an accent you need to make the grey areas transparent.

@Indigostones If you want your first entry to be an accent you need to make the grey areas transparent.

@agvriska If you want your entry to be an accent you need to make the grey areas transparent.

@PsychoAna If you want your entry to be an accent you need to make the grey areas transparent.

@Futhark If you want your entry to be an accent you need to make the grey areas transparent.

@ProudRyukin13 Looks like you accidentally removed the shadow layer, maybe? You can tint it or make it slightly transparent, but there needs to be a shadow layer. The lineart also isn't supposed to show outside the accent areas.

@capy Your entry needs to be resized to 350*30 pixels. The example on the Coatl is fine, the transparent accent is too large.

@Deoxtri Have you checked if your accent's coverage is more than 5%? Looks like it may be less than that, though I'm bad at eyeballing it.

Mz9FfKs.png
@Fawntastic
Of course! I'll note you down :D
@Fawntastic
Of course! I'll note you down :D
slarg_child_smol_by_deestracted-da8z0h2.png
@Poisonedpaper
Thank you for reminding me of this rule, I had completely forgotten about it. I didn't want to overdo it but I suppose I was a little too careful. I'll check the percentage and revise my entry if needed. Thanks again :P
@Poisonedpaper
Thank you for reminding me of this rule, I had completely forgotten about it. I didn't want to overdo it but I suppose I was a little too careful. I'll check the percentage and revise my entry if needed. Thanks again :P
If you have a chartreuse/cottoncandy xxy to sell, dm me!

Check out my Deviantart if you'd like :3
@PoisonedPaper

Thank you so much for pointing that out! Is my entry all right now? Could you double check for me? Thanks! :D
@PoisonedPaper

Thank you so much for pointing that out! Is my entry all right now? Could you double check for me? Thanks! :D
NLdJQtw.png
@Pesticide
I really really love both of your entries, especially cinder poppies! I think that the blue tone in the "invisible" part of the wing in superheated serenity kinda throws the whole thing off though .~. Sorry if I'm bothering you, I don't mean to insult it, I think it looks amazing.

@Studio
I am stunned. That needs to get in omg. Its so beautiful and I love your style.
@Pesticide
I really really love both of your entries, especially cinder poppies! I think that the blue tone in the "invisible" part of the wing in superheated serenity kinda throws the whole thing off though .~. Sorry if I'm bothering you, I don't mean to insult it, I think it looks amazing.

@Studio
I am stunned. That needs to get in omg. Its so beautiful and I love your style.
bonsai_selkirie_1_wip_by_auricolor-dawffmd.png
@Casiope No problem! The size is good now, but it currently looks like there is no shadow and lineart layer present. I recommend you follow one of the tutorials I linked so you can get it all right ^_^
@Casiope No problem! The size is good now, but it currently looks like there is no shadow and lineart layer present. I recommend you follow one of the tutorials I linked so you can get it all right ^_^
Mz9FfKs.png
@Poisonedpaper

Thank you for pointing that out! i just dont know how to do that though, do you know of anyway to do so in firealpaca?
@Poisonedpaper

Thank you for pointing that out! i just dont know how to do that though, do you know of anyway to do so in firealpaca?
@Indigostones Nope, never used that program! Maybe look at all those tutorials I linked and see if Firealpaca has similar options?
@Indigostones Nope, never used that program! Maybe look at all those tutorials I linked and see if Firealpaca has similar options?
Mz9FfKs.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 44 45