Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | [T] Skin/Accent Problems
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 68 69
So, another "Is this allowed question"... I'm wanting to make an accent for one of my dragons more or less like this, with Seafoam, Teal and cyan gems accented on top of Aqua Gembond: [img]http://nequam.xepher.net/fr/rhybeta.jpg[/img] I'm not asking for a yes or no on the accent as it is (it's just a beta version anyway), but rather on whether or not the general idea would be allowed, for two iffy reasons: 1. The Seafoam and Teal parts are cut out from real Gembond and the cyan parts are a recolour of real Gembond, and 2. Gembond doesn't use the base lineart or shadows (although my accent does use Gembond's lineart and shadows). I have seen similar accents around, but I have no clue if any of them were accepted or not... Thankyou in advance. ^^;;
So, another "Is this allowed question"... I'm wanting to make an accent for one of my dragons more or less like this, with Seafoam, Teal and cyan gems accented on top of Aqua Gembond:

rhybeta.jpg

I'm not asking for a yes or no on the accent as it is (it's just a beta version anyway), but rather on whether or not the general idea would be allowed, for two iffy reasons: 1. The Seafoam and Teal parts are cut out from real Gembond and the cyan parts are a recolour of real Gembond, and 2. Gembond doesn't use the base lineart or shadows (although my accent does use Gembond's lineart and shadows). I have seen similar accents around, but I have no clue if any of them were accepted or not...

Thankyou in advance. ^^;;
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
@SuburbanSamurai - We talked a couple weeks ago and I wasn't able to send you these files till I got home, but here ya go! To recap, this was a request to update the art for the following accents, because the prior art had pixelation issues. Frozen Glass Glow M Coatl [img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/gourmet_cracker/Glassglow_Mcoatl_bluev2_zps693e22ff.png[/img] Gold Glass Glow M Coatl [img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/gourmet_cracker/Glassglow_Mcoatl_goldv2_zpse5b9498e.png[/img] Pink Glass Glow M Coatl [img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/gourmet_cracker/Glassglow_Mcoatl_pinkv2_zps2cf920c6.png[/img] Verde Glass Glow M Coatl [img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/gourmet_cracker/Glassglow_Mcoatl_verdev2_zps20961883.png[/img] Thanks again!
@SuburbanSamurai - We talked a couple weeks ago and I wasn't able to send you these files till I got home, but here ya go! To recap, this was a request to update the art for the following accents, because the prior art had pixelation issues.

Frozen Glass Glow M Coatl

Glassglow_Mcoatl_bluev2_zps693e22ff.png

Gold Glass Glow M Coatl

Glassglow_Mcoatl_goldv2_zpse5b9498e.png

Pink Glass Glow M Coatl

Glassglow_Mcoatl_pinkv2_zps2cf920c6.png

Verde Glass Glow M Coatl

Glassglow_Mcoatl_verdev2_zps20961883.png

Thanks again!
Accent Shop
@Pesticide The corrected files have all been uploaded, replacing the old files.
@Pesticide The corrected files have all been uploaded, replacing the old files.
@Pepsi In this case, we would rather your underbelly accent be designed by you. It can look similar to a ripple gene accent, but it should not match up pixel to pixel with the site's already existing ripple gene.

@Nequam Generally speaking, as long as any design you submit does not cover up or radically alter the original linework and shadow layers or go out of bounds of the original dragon art, feel free to experiment. Copying and pasting genes and labeling them as your own accent is prohibited, though. Creating a design similar to an existing gene is okay.
@Pepsi In this case, we would rather your underbelly accent be designed by you. It can look similar to a ripple gene accent, but it should not match up pixel to pixel with the site's already existing ripple gene.

@Nequam Generally speaking, as long as any design you submit does not cover up or radically alter the original linework and shadow layers or go out of bounds of the original dragon art, feel free to experiment. Copying and pasting genes and labeling them as your own accent is prohibited, though. Creating a design similar to an existing gene is okay.
@SuburbanSamurai

Okay, thanks for letting me know! :)
@SuburbanSamurai

Okay, thanks for letting me know! :)
@SuburbanSamurai

What if I redid the rest of it like the cyan parts, where the original Gembond is only used for the highlight and shadow layers? Technically that'd be no different to the rainbow or metallic Tiger accents, right? I need it to match with the real deal as much as possible, heh, but I certainly don't want to claim any credit...
@SuburbanSamurai

What if I redid the rest of it like the cyan parts, where the original Gembond is only used for the highlight and shadow layers? Technically that'd be no different to the rainbow or metallic Tiger accents, right? I need it to match with the real deal as much as possible, heh, but I certainly don't want to claim any credit...
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
@SuburbanSamurai

I'm sorry if someone's mentioned this before...but I downloaded the SkydancerFemale psd and the layers don't appear to be linked/stacked correctly? Help!
@SuburbanSamurai

I'm sorry if someone's mentioned this before...but I downloaded the SkydancerFemale psd and the layers don't appear to be linked/stacked correctly? Help!
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
@micahjaguar I'm not sure to what you're referring. I downloaded the file and all the layers look in order and properly set up to me. Could you be more specific?

@Nequam It's hard to say, honestly. I suppose I'd have to see it. I'd like to suggest that submitting it for queue review would be the simplest solution. That's where the final decision would be made anyway, since making this forum thread a pre-approval thread doubles the skin queue workload.
@micahjaguar I'm not sure to what you're referring. I downloaded the file and all the layers look in order and properly set up to me. Could you be more specific?

@Nequam It's hard to say, honestly. I suppose I'd have to see it. I'd like to suggest that submitting it for queue review would be the simplest solution. That's where the final decision would be made anyway, since making this forum thread a pre-approval thread doubles the skin queue workload.
I'm not sure if I am in the right place to address this but here goes. Recently I purchased the Alive by Lightning Accent for my dragon Redhatch. She already has the skin Overload applied. Now I have tried to apply the Accent while the Skin is on but it will only let me do one and not the other. Am I doing something wrong or you can only have one and not the other applied at the same time?
I'm not sure if I am in the right place to address this but here goes. Recently I purchased the Alive by Lightning Accent for my dragon Redhatch. She already has the skin Overload applied. Now I have tried to apply the Accent while the Skin is on but it will only let me do one and not the other. Am I doing something wrong or you can only have one and not the other applied at the same time?
@SuburbanSamurai

I am having the same problem as MicahJaguar. The "accent goes here" layer is nestled underneath the Accent parts in the file as opposed to being on its own like in the picture in the tutorial. I cannot see what I am working on because of this. If it helps I am having this problem with both the Imperial F and M files. Also, I am using GIMP.
@SuburbanSamurai

I am having the same problem as MicahJaguar. The "accent goes here" layer is nestled underneath the Accent parts in the file as opposed to being on its own like in the picture in the tutorial. I cannot see what I am working on because of this. If it helps I am having this problem with both the Imperial F and M files. Also, I am using GIMP.
I hold with those who favor fire,
That wild beauty none can tame
For as my soul was set aflame
Destruction and warmth are mine to claim.
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 68 69