Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | WALL MURMUS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Firel's mouth gaped open as he stared back and forth between the two men for a moment. Outside the wall? He had often wondered what lay beyond those boarders, what they were trying to keep out when they had built the wall.

Perhaps that was why, in his nightly wanderings, he found himself venturing further and further towards the city limits, walking parallel along it. He hadn't gone far, but the little distances he did travel, the wall itself seemed impenetrable. And he definitely hadn't found any weaknesses or a place one could escape it from.

"You're going outside?" He asked, finally finding his voice. "Why? Where?" He was filled with questions and had to bite his tongue to keep from firing them off rapidly. Outside. What an...adventure...
---

Coming up behind Reinhild, Onya squinted her eyes and peered at the catepillar. "It doesn't look like much, why is it so dangerous?" She asked, almost filled with a child's curiosity. Truth be told, aside from the things that could cause her immediate danger, the girl hadn't paid any head to any other wildlife that might be out there, except for the occasional animals she hunted for food.

She tilted her head, trying to look at it from a different angle, but it seemed as harmless as it did before, sitting atop the leaf, minding it's own business and all. "What would happen if I touched it?" She asked, resisting the urge to reach out and poke it with her index finger.
Firel's mouth gaped open as he stared back and forth between the two men for a moment. Outside the wall? He had often wondered what lay beyond those boarders, what they were trying to keep out when they had built the wall.

Perhaps that was why, in his nightly wanderings, he found himself venturing further and further towards the city limits, walking parallel along it. He hadn't gone far, but the little distances he did travel, the wall itself seemed impenetrable. And he definitely hadn't found any weaknesses or a place one could escape it from.

"You're going outside?" He asked, finally finding his voice. "Why? Where?" He was filled with questions and had to bite his tongue to keep from firing them off rapidly. Outside. What an...adventure...
---

Coming up behind Reinhild, Onya squinted her eyes and peered at the catepillar. "It doesn't look like much, why is it so dangerous?" She asked, almost filled with a child's curiosity. Truth be told, aside from the things that could cause her immediate danger, the girl hadn't paid any head to any other wildlife that might be out there, except for the occasional animals she hunted for food.

She tilted her head, trying to look at it from a different angle, but it seemed as harmless as it did before, sitting atop the leaf, minding it's own business and all. "What would happen if I touched it?" She asked, resisting the urge to reach out and poke it with her index finger.
tumblr_inline_nb17n4oppf1qg78ij.pngrficGdy.gifqCbUEpz.giftumblr_inline_nb17n9a7r91qg78ij.png
While he didn't want to show it, Tomo was delighted at the fact that somebody was going to accompany him. He is not a man known for keeping a poker face though, and the twinkle in his eyes speaks his joy for him. He doesn't have to be alone!

"Excellent. I'm guessing you'll need to prepare then, Joakim?"

It's only after the scientist talks that he realizes the implications of his words. That would mean Joakim would have to return home to the very scene that motivated him to join along in the first place. Would he be doing that anyway?

Tomo turned to Firel. "I'm on a quest to sate my curiosity, so to speak. Haven't you ever questioned why we live behind this wall when we could be studying what might be on the other side in hopes of finding out more about what it is we fear? I'm no courageous guy by any stretch, but it's the scientific interest that inspires me to go on such a journey. That and..."

The scientist paused, trying to figure out how to best phrase his story.
"There was an incident many years ago that rocked the scientific community to its foundations. I wouldn't be surprised if you had no memory of such a thing, for the government was quick to reign in the press coverage. They sure are good with covering up mistakes...but anyway, I have reason to believe that evidence exists outside the wall pertaining to that event. They could even still be alive."

He quickly changed the subject, sensing the childish curiosity practically glowing around the blacksmith. "I've figured out a way over the wall, although that method doesn't factor in an additional member. I didn't anticipate having any company, but I suppose I do have one alternative option. It would require returning back to my laboratory though...I'll just say I forgot something. After all, that doesn't stray too far from the truth!"
While he didn't want to show it, Tomo was delighted at the fact that somebody was going to accompany him. He is not a man known for keeping a poker face though, and the twinkle in his eyes speaks his joy for him. He doesn't have to be alone!

"Excellent. I'm guessing you'll need to prepare then, Joakim?"

It's only after the scientist talks that he realizes the implications of his words. That would mean Joakim would have to return home to the very scene that motivated him to join along in the first place. Would he be doing that anyway?

Tomo turned to Firel. "I'm on a quest to sate my curiosity, so to speak. Haven't you ever questioned why we live behind this wall when we could be studying what might be on the other side in hopes of finding out more about what it is we fear? I'm no courageous guy by any stretch, but it's the scientific interest that inspires me to go on such a journey. That and..."

The scientist paused, trying to figure out how to best phrase his story.
"There was an incident many years ago that rocked the scientific community to its foundations. I wouldn't be surprised if you had no memory of such a thing, for the government was quick to reign in the press coverage. They sure are good with covering up mistakes...but anyway, I have reason to believe that evidence exists outside the wall pertaining to that event. They could even still be alive."

He quickly changed the subject, sensing the childish curiosity practically glowing around the blacksmith. "I've figured out a way over the wall, although that method doesn't factor in an additional member. I didn't anticipate having any company, but I suppose I do have one alternative option. It would require returning back to my laboratory though...I'll just say I forgot something. After all, that doesn't stray too far from the truth!"
light_banner.pngfR0MgwK.giflight_banner.png
Firel took in Tomo's words, his mind whirring, the wheels turning quickly. Indeed, he couldn't remember the incident the scientist spoke of, although there was some vague not of familiarity nagging at the edge of his brain, as if he should at least remember SOMETHING. But he didn't, so he let the thought go for now.

"I wonder about that all the time. What's on the other side of Murmus. When I was younger, my mother used to tell me fairy tales about the other side of the wall," He recalled fondly. "But that was soon quelled since my father didn't want her romanticizing whatever it is out there, since, as he said, they had a good reason for building Murmus, or so he reasoned." Firel said with a slight shake of his head.

"When are you going?" He glanced over at Joakim. "Joakim, you can stay here for the night," He offered, so the man wouldn't have to go back home for any length of time. The two men were roughly the same size, although Firel was a little more muscular thanks to some intermediate weapons training his father insisted he keep up with. After all, what kind of blacksmith would he be if he didn't understand the products he worked with?

So Firel supposed, if need be, he could send Joakim out with some of his clothes, if so need be. Truth be told, Firel was practically burning at the stake to ask to go, but it was a little open ended and he didn't know if that was a good thing. What would they eat? Where would they sleep? Would they be able to return and breech the wall a second time to return to Avalon, if needed? What would happen if they were caught?

Firel didn't think he'd heard any accounts of someone trying to break in or out of Avalon, but he was sure the price of being caught was a high one. And of course, there was his father too.
Firel took in Tomo's words, his mind whirring, the wheels turning quickly. Indeed, he couldn't remember the incident the scientist spoke of, although there was some vague not of familiarity nagging at the edge of his brain, as if he should at least remember SOMETHING. But he didn't, so he let the thought go for now.

"I wonder about that all the time. What's on the other side of Murmus. When I was younger, my mother used to tell me fairy tales about the other side of the wall," He recalled fondly. "But that was soon quelled since my father didn't want her romanticizing whatever it is out there, since, as he said, they had a good reason for building Murmus, or so he reasoned." Firel said with a slight shake of his head.

"When are you going?" He glanced over at Joakim. "Joakim, you can stay here for the night," He offered, so the man wouldn't have to go back home for any length of time. The two men were roughly the same size, although Firel was a little more muscular thanks to some intermediate weapons training his father insisted he keep up with. After all, what kind of blacksmith would he be if he didn't understand the products he worked with?

So Firel supposed, if need be, he could send Joakim out with some of his clothes, if so need be. Truth be told, Firel was practically burning at the stake to ask to go, but it was a little open ended and he didn't know if that was a good thing. What would they eat? Where would they sleep? Would they be able to return and breech the wall a second time to return to Avalon, if needed? What would happen if they were caught?

Firel didn't think he'd heard any accounts of someone trying to break in or out of Avalon, but he was sure the price of being caught was a high one. And of course, there was his father too.
tumblr_inline_nb17n4oppf1qg78ij.pngrficGdy.gifqCbUEpz.giftumblr_inline_nb17n9a7r91qg78ij.png
Reinhild's eyes widened. "If you're lucky, it won't do anything to you. However, some people do have a reaction to it, and thus you should be careful around it. It'll make your skin burn if you have an allergic reaction. The arms of the creature can break off without hurting it, since it really doesn't use them."

Although she herself hadn't experienced a reaction, she knew someone that did. Due to the mutation in the caterpillar, its allergy properties were enhanced, making it deadly. She didn't exactly want to test her own reactivity with it, so she didn't.

---

Before Joakim could answer Tomo's question, he was relieved to hear that he wouldn't have to go back.

"It's not like I'd go back to that place again. I can't, the investigators have it blocked off. Don't even give me anything for out there, it's not like I'll use it."

The man's icy stare glanced between Tomo and Firel, almost staring them down. It was clear, by their look, that he was determined to die in Lemuria.

"I know, there are easier ways to kill myself, but I want to die for something worthwhile."
Reinhild's eyes widened. "If you're lucky, it won't do anything to you. However, some people do have a reaction to it, and thus you should be careful around it. It'll make your skin burn if you have an allergic reaction. The arms of the creature can break off without hurting it, since it really doesn't use them."

Although she herself hadn't experienced a reaction, she knew someone that did. Due to the mutation in the caterpillar, its allergy properties were enhanced, making it deadly. She didn't exactly want to test her own reactivity with it, so she didn't.

---

Before Joakim could answer Tomo's question, he was relieved to hear that he wouldn't have to go back.

"It's not like I'd go back to that place again. I can't, the investigators have it blocked off. Don't even give me anything for out there, it's not like I'll use it."

The man's icy stare glanced between Tomo and Firel, almost staring them down. It was clear, by their look, that he was determined to die in Lemuria.

"I know, there are easier ways to kill myself, but I want to die for something worthwhile."
"Oh, well then lets leave this little guy alone before we die a burning death," Onya said with a chuckle, standing back up. "The stream goes for a few miles in both directions, and anytime I've been here, I haven't been disturbed by anyone or anything," She said, sitting down on the ground, crossing her legs and putting her knapsack on her lap.

She rooted around for a few minutes, before pulling out some flint and tinder. "If we can find any dry branches, we can make a fire, but we have to be careful to keep it small. Don't want to attract anything, you know." She said, glancing around. "If you want to rinse off in the stream or anything, I can keep a watch before it gets too dark." She offered, trying to be helpful. Before too long, she would have to go find the wood for the fire and hopefully, catch something to eat.

Normally, she would have found food earlier on in the day, but she had lost track of time following Reinhild around and then once they started speaking, the entire idea had slipped her mind.
"Oh, well then lets leave this little guy alone before we die a burning death," Onya said with a chuckle, standing back up. "The stream goes for a few miles in both directions, and anytime I've been here, I haven't been disturbed by anyone or anything," She said, sitting down on the ground, crossing her legs and putting her knapsack on her lap.

She rooted around for a few minutes, before pulling out some flint and tinder. "If we can find any dry branches, we can make a fire, but we have to be careful to keep it small. Don't want to attract anything, you know." She said, glancing around. "If you want to rinse off in the stream or anything, I can keep a watch before it gets too dark." She offered, trying to be helpful. Before too long, she would have to go find the wood for the fire and hopefully, catch something to eat.

Normally, she would have found food earlier on in the day, but she had lost track of time following Reinhild around and then once they started speaking, the entire idea had slipped her mind.
((According to skype, it's ningdom's birthday, happy birthday!!!

I'll be posting tonight when I return home from class, it's been kind of a crazy week and I've not been around so much : ( ))
((According to skype, it's ningdom's birthday, happy birthday!!!

I'll be posting tonight when I return home from class, it's been kind of a crazy week and I've not been around so much : ( ))
((@ningdom Happy BDAY!!!))
((@ningdom Happy BDAY!!!))
Tomo dug through the clinking contents of his labcoat pockets, trailing off in uncertainty. "Well...I was planning to leave as soon as possible, but overnight isn't so long to wait. I need to return to my lab anyway, if not for our method of transportation then for some additional supplies."

The scientist smiled, sensing a hint of childish excitement to Firel's story.

"You seem equally as curious, Firel. I can tell by your voice that you must have enjoyed such tales!"

And then, he suddenly extended his hand to the blacksmith in offering.

"I extend to you the same invitation to join us. Safety in numbers, I suppose, especially when one such person is a weapons expert. Although, I do worry that you are tied down with responsibility to this shop..."
Tomo dug through the clinking contents of his labcoat pockets, trailing off in uncertainty. "Well...I was planning to leave as soon as possible, but overnight isn't so long to wait. I need to return to my lab anyway, if not for our method of transportation then for some additional supplies."

The scientist smiled, sensing a hint of childish excitement to Firel's story.

"You seem equally as curious, Firel. I can tell by your voice that you must have enjoyed such tales!"

And then, he suddenly extended his hand to the blacksmith in offering.

"I extend to you the same invitation to join us. Safety in numbers, I suppose, especially when one such person is a weapons expert. Although, I do worry that you are tied down with responsibility to this shop..."
"I enjoyed them very much," Firel said with a good natured grin, zoning out momentarily, remembering the stories his mother would weave as she tucked him into bed at night. It was a good memory, of a time long ago.

He was brought back to the moment with a startling jolt once he heard Tomo's offer, his eyes widening in surprise. Leave. Go out on the adventure he had always dreamed about. The chance was once in a life time and he wanted to jump on it before the other man could change his mind. But in his minds eye, he saw his father's stern, but loving face.

Taking the other man's hand in his own, shaking it firmly, he smiled ruefully. "Would it be alright if I slept on it, since you aren't leaving tonight after all?" He asked, hoping it would be ok. "You are correct, I do have a responsibility to this shop and I should talk it over with my father before making any hasty decisions." He explained with a small shrug. He didn't know what his father would think. Firel was already coming up with contingency plans for the shop as he spoke the words.

Thankfully, he had a cousin, only a few years younger than he, that had been having a hard time finding an apprenticeship anywhere, and Firel planned to bring him up to his father as someone who could learn the ropes and help oversee the shop in his absence, however long it would be.
"I enjoyed them very much," Firel said with a good natured grin, zoning out momentarily, remembering the stories his mother would weave as she tucked him into bed at night. It was a good memory, of a time long ago.

He was brought back to the moment with a startling jolt once he heard Tomo's offer, his eyes widening in surprise. Leave. Go out on the adventure he had always dreamed about. The chance was once in a life time and he wanted to jump on it before the other man could change his mind. But in his minds eye, he saw his father's stern, but loving face.

Taking the other man's hand in his own, shaking it firmly, he smiled ruefully. "Would it be alright if I slept on it, since you aren't leaving tonight after all?" He asked, hoping it would be ok. "You are correct, I do have a responsibility to this shop and I should talk it over with my father before making any hasty decisions." He explained with a small shrug. He didn't know what his father would think. Firel was already coming up with contingency plans for the shop as he spoke the words.

Thankfully, he had a cousin, only a few years younger than he, that had been having a hard time finding an apprenticeship anywhere, and Firel planned to bring him up to his father as someone who could learn the ropes and help oversee the shop in his absence, however long it would be.
Reinhild nodded, "You keep watch of the camp, and I'll catch something for both of us to eat, okay?"

Before long, she was crafting traps from small fibers and sticks, making sure that they worked well. Soon, she had a whole pile of components that she'd have to start putting together once she found areas to put them. Of course, she also hunted the old-fashioned way of stalking after creatures and using weapons. It was always good to have a backup plan, though.

She headed outwards, staying within fifty meters of the camp, making sure that she wouldn't run into anything nasty while setting the traps. She looked forward to plunging a knife into the throat of a large meat-beast, spilling its blood on the ground.

Joakim yawned, "I want some sleep. Have to spend my last day in Avalon in comfort, you know."

With that, he crossed his legs and leaned forward with his hands, slowly drifting off whilst seated.
Reinhild nodded, "You keep watch of the camp, and I'll catch something for both of us to eat, okay?"

Before long, she was crafting traps from small fibers and sticks, making sure that they worked well. Soon, she had a whole pile of components that she'd have to start putting together once she found areas to put them. Of course, she also hunted the old-fashioned way of stalking after creatures and using weapons. It was always good to have a backup plan, though.

She headed outwards, staying within fifty meters of the camp, making sure that she wouldn't run into anything nasty while setting the traps. She looked forward to plunging a knife into the throat of a large meat-beast, spilling its blood on the ground.

Joakim yawned, "I want some sleep. Have to spend my last day in Avalon in comfort, you know."

With that, he crossed his legs and leaned forward with his hands, slowly drifting off whilst seated.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7