Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | WALL MURMUS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Onya knelt down and poked a finger around the insides of the monster for a few moments, a curious glint in her eyes.

"I never did check out to see what was inside these things after they were dead," She said, glancing up at the woman before wiping her hand on the skirt of her outfit. Resting her arms on her bent knees, she continued to peer around the insides for a few moments, then looked back to the woman.

"Why are you out here doing all of this?" She asked, her head tilted to the side, the curious expression still in her azure eyes.
---

Getting caught up every few moments by people on the streets, regular customers, friends of his dad, people of that sort, Firel was making poor time to get to his usual secluded spot today.

But still, he kept his head and managed to politely nod through the chit chat. Yes, business was alright, his father was doing well, yes it was a shame about what had happened the other night at the pub with so and so. Firel wasn't a man of many words. Well, he could be if asked the right questions. The problem was, no one seemed to want to ask.

If asked, he could tell stories upon stories of the legends in this city. If asked, he would readily converse about things such as life and love, what was the point of this all? He himself had spent many nights, out in seclusion, debating the subjects in his head. Not too many people seemed to wonder any more. Not too many legends or myths were made or kept alive.

When he was quite young, Firel's mother used to tell him fantasy tales for bed time stories. Perhaps that was the reason he was so engrossed in this. He had loved his mother very much and although his father was a good man, her passing had a deep impact on the two of them.

The older woman who had been talking to him when his mind had wandered off was now staring at Firel with her hands on her hips. It had appeared she had asked him a question. He grinned sheepishly at her.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, what was that?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck, a habit he had picked up as a child. She repeated her question and he shook his head.

"Sorry, we're closed for the day. But if your husband wants to stop by tomorrow, I'd be more than happy to fix up that old sword." He said and the woman nodded her head, thanking him and setting back towards the bustling street.
Onya knelt down and poked a finger around the insides of the monster for a few moments, a curious glint in her eyes.

"I never did check out to see what was inside these things after they were dead," She said, glancing up at the woman before wiping her hand on the skirt of her outfit. Resting her arms on her bent knees, she continued to peer around the insides for a few moments, then looked back to the woman.

"Why are you out here doing all of this?" She asked, her head tilted to the side, the curious expression still in her azure eyes.
---

Getting caught up every few moments by people on the streets, regular customers, friends of his dad, people of that sort, Firel was making poor time to get to his usual secluded spot today.

But still, he kept his head and managed to politely nod through the chit chat. Yes, business was alright, his father was doing well, yes it was a shame about what had happened the other night at the pub with so and so. Firel wasn't a man of many words. Well, he could be if asked the right questions. The problem was, no one seemed to want to ask.

If asked, he could tell stories upon stories of the legends in this city. If asked, he would readily converse about things such as life and love, what was the point of this all? He himself had spent many nights, out in seclusion, debating the subjects in his head. Not too many people seemed to wonder any more. Not too many legends or myths were made or kept alive.

When he was quite young, Firel's mother used to tell him fantasy tales for bed time stories. Perhaps that was the reason he was so engrossed in this. He had loved his mother very much and although his father was a good man, her passing had a deep impact on the two of them.

The older woman who had been talking to him when his mind had wandered off was now staring at Firel with her hands on her hips. It had appeared she had asked him a question. He grinned sheepishly at her.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, what was that?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck, a habit he had picked up as a child. She repeated her question and he shook his head.

"Sorry, we're closed for the day. But if your husband wants to stop by tomorrow, I'd be more than happy to fix up that old sword." He said and the woman nodded her head, thanking him and setting back towards the bustling street.
tumblr_inline_nb17n4oppf1qg78ij.pngrficGdy.gifqCbUEpz.giftumblr_inline_nb17n9a7r91qg78ij.png
Reinhild smiled, "It's quite interesting to see what's inside these things." She scooped up some of the innards in her hand, watching them quiver like gelatin. If she didn't know any better, she'd say that it was gelatin that she was holding. Gelatin with an assortment of fine and thick fibers, each of them filled with a liquid.

Then, there was that question. She was asked what she was doing outside the Wall, why she was doing what she was doing. She had no really simple answer for the first, but the last was always easy to answer.

"Well, I was born out here, so I decided to make the most of it. The wildlife, though scarred and mutated from its former glory, has a special place in my heart. I study it, hope for the day that my works come of some use to someone, even if they were to only use it as a guide to killing the monsters. For as long as I can remember, I've been fighting, but I've only just begun collecting information and self-publishing it."

Reinhild rubbed her ankle, which had matted with blood. It was probably going to get infected if she didn't wash it out soon, if it wasn't already.

Joakim, having managed to get out of his chair, packed his belongings. He was going to go home, home to his wife, his son, and his daughter. He threw on his jacket, padding out of his office quickly with the grace of a jungle cat. He headed home, the wind stinging his skin a little. He had a funny feeling, but he wasn't sure.

Stepping onto the stoop of his huge house, he unlocked the door. It was completely silent; no one seemed to be home, even though no one else in the house had anything to do today that he knew of. He really needed to go to the bathroom, that was one thing he was sure of. He headed to the bathroom right under the stairs, flicking on the light and finding a horrific sight.

"Emil!"

The boy was hanging from the shower curtain rod; a makeshift noose was crafted from a bed sheet, and had already bruised the child's delicate neck. By the looks of it, Emil had been dead for quite a while, all of his blood pooling in his lower extremities. Where was his daughter? The answer to that was in front of him too; she was inside the bathtub with her throat open. Hilja was nowhere to be seen. Even though he knew it was too late, he still frantically dialed for help.

"Emergency services, how may I help you?"

"Both my son and daughter are dead. My son was hanged, and my daughter's throat slit."

"Where are you right now, sir?"

"At the Isenberg residence, in the bathroom."

"I mean your street address, sir."

"135 Central."

"We'll send someone over right away, sir. Just stay here on the line."

Joakim found it increasingly difficult to hold onto the phone. He could taste the warm, sour tang of bile coating his throat.
Reinhild smiled, "It's quite interesting to see what's inside these things." She scooped up some of the innards in her hand, watching them quiver like gelatin. If she didn't know any better, she'd say that it was gelatin that she was holding. Gelatin with an assortment of fine and thick fibers, each of them filled with a liquid.

Then, there was that question. She was asked what she was doing outside the Wall, why she was doing what she was doing. She had no really simple answer for the first, but the last was always easy to answer.

"Well, I was born out here, so I decided to make the most of it. The wildlife, though scarred and mutated from its former glory, has a special place in my heart. I study it, hope for the day that my works come of some use to someone, even if they were to only use it as a guide to killing the monsters. For as long as I can remember, I've been fighting, but I've only just begun collecting information and self-publishing it."

Reinhild rubbed her ankle, which had matted with blood. It was probably going to get infected if she didn't wash it out soon, if it wasn't already.

Joakim, having managed to get out of his chair, packed his belongings. He was going to go home, home to his wife, his son, and his daughter. He threw on his jacket, padding out of his office quickly with the grace of a jungle cat. He headed home, the wind stinging his skin a little. He had a funny feeling, but he wasn't sure.

Stepping onto the stoop of his huge house, he unlocked the door. It was completely silent; no one seemed to be home, even though no one else in the house had anything to do today that he knew of. He really needed to go to the bathroom, that was one thing he was sure of. He headed to the bathroom right under the stairs, flicking on the light and finding a horrific sight.

"Emil!"

The boy was hanging from the shower curtain rod; a makeshift noose was crafted from a bed sheet, and had already bruised the child's delicate neck. By the looks of it, Emil had been dead for quite a while, all of his blood pooling in his lower extremities. Where was his daughter? The answer to that was in front of him too; she was inside the bathtub with her throat open. Hilja was nowhere to be seen. Even though he knew it was too late, he still frantically dialed for help.

"Emergency services, how may I help you?"

"Both my son and daughter are dead. My son was hanged, and my daughter's throat slit."

"Where are you right now, sir?"

"At the Isenberg residence, in the bathroom."

"I mean your street address, sir."

"135 Central."

"We'll send someone over right away, sir. Just stay here on the line."

Joakim found it increasingly difficult to hold onto the phone. He could taste the warm, sour tang of bile coating his throat.
"I never thought of doing anything like that." Onya said, nodding to what the woman was saying. It was smart. A little encyclopedia of information on how to kill the things that plagued the lands. The fact of the matter was, unless you lived in large groups, you had to adapt to be ready to kill to live out here.

"I wonder," She said, picking a piece of quivering organ and looking at it thoughtfully. "Have you found out if any of these carry toxins?" She asked, turning the organ over in her hands. "Food gets scarce around here, you know." She said with a shrug. It had always been an idea in the back of her mind. Sometimes it was hard to produce things out here. The only thing that was guaranteed abundance were hungry people and the monsters. "Just a thought." She added, noticing the woman rubbing her ankle.

Onya reached around to the knapsack she carried around her back and brought out a canteen of water. "Here," She held it out. "Clean that out. There's a small stream a few miles away, I can refill it there."
---

As Firel started to cross the street in front of the blacksmith shop, he quickly jumped back to the safety of the sidewalk as an Emergency squad went roaring by. He turned and watched it, briefly wondering what the crisis was.
"I never thought of doing anything like that." Onya said, nodding to what the woman was saying. It was smart. A little encyclopedia of information on how to kill the things that plagued the lands. The fact of the matter was, unless you lived in large groups, you had to adapt to be ready to kill to live out here.

"I wonder," She said, picking a piece of quivering organ and looking at it thoughtfully. "Have you found out if any of these carry toxins?" She asked, turning the organ over in her hands. "Food gets scarce around here, you know." She said with a shrug. It had always been an idea in the back of her mind. Sometimes it was hard to produce things out here. The only thing that was guaranteed abundance were hungry people and the monsters. "Just a thought." She added, noticing the woman rubbing her ankle.

Onya reached around to the knapsack she carried around her back and brought out a canteen of water. "Here," She held it out. "Clean that out. There's a small stream a few miles away, I can refill it there."
---

As Firel started to cross the street in front of the blacksmith shop, he quickly jumped back to the safety of the sidewalk as an Emergency squad went roaring by. He turned and watched it, briefly wondering what the crisis was.
tumblr_inline_nb17n4oppf1qg78ij.pngrficGdy.gifqCbUEpz.giftumblr_inline_nb17n9a7r91qg78ij.png
"Oh, blast it..." No matter how many adjustments he made to the position of his glasses, Tomo couldn't seem to make out where exactly the blacksmith's store was on the screen of his GPS. It said it was in this general area, but nowhere did he see any indication of a smith's shop--in fact, there was hardly anything down this street at all. Even though he had lived his entire life behind the protective walls of Avalon, the city streets remained just as unfamiliar to him as if he were a stranger. To be fair, many of those twenty-eight years were spent indoors, especially since the day he entered his profession.

Briefly, he wondered how the world outside would treat his frail physique and, as if in a foreboding omen, he could hear the sirens of an emergency vehicle drawing near. It caught the scientist by surprise as it came careening around the corner and he dashed out of the way moments before his heavy suitcase would have met its bumper.

It took a few moments for him to regain his composure, but as soon as the color returned to his face, Tomo rounded the corner with his bag and, not even a block later, found himself beside the storefront of the blacksmith's shop.
Oh, he must have been on a side street earlier...what an embarrassing mistake!

He mentally chastised himself and pressed his face against the window, only to be met with the darkness of a shop that has since closed for the evening. With a defeated sigh, Tomo reached into the side pocket of his labcoat and pulled out a pad of lined paper and a metallic pen to begin scrawling down his contact information in his signature electric green ink. Not that anyone else outside the laboratory would recognize its significance, but it was the only pen he had...
"Oh, blast it..." No matter how many adjustments he made to the position of his glasses, Tomo couldn't seem to make out where exactly the blacksmith's store was on the screen of his GPS. It said it was in this general area, but nowhere did he see any indication of a smith's shop--in fact, there was hardly anything down this street at all. Even though he had lived his entire life behind the protective walls of Avalon, the city streets remained just as unfamiliar to him as if he were a stranger. To be fair, many of those twenty-eight years were spent indoors, especially since the day he entered his profession.

Briefly, he wondered how the world outside would treat his frail physique and, as if in a foreboding omen, he could hear the sirens of an emergency vehicle drawing near. It caught the scientist by surprise as it came careening around the corner and he dashed out of the way moments before his heavy suitcase would have met its bumper.

It took a few moments for him to regain his composure, but as soon as the color returned to his face, Tomo rounded the corner with his bag and, not even a block later, found himself beside the storefront of the blacksmith's shop.
Oh, he must have been on a side street earlier...what an embarrassing mistake!

He mentally chastised himself and pressed his face against the window, only to be met with the darkness of a shop that has since closed for the evening. With a defeated sigh, Tomo reached into the side pocket of his labcoat and pulled out a pad of lined paper and a metallic pen to begin scrawling down his contact information in his signature electric green ink. Not that anyone else outside the laboratory would recognize its significance, but it was the only pen he had...
light_banner.pngfR0MgwK.giflight_banner.png
Crossing the road, something made Firel throw a glance over his shoulder back towards the store. He saw the man standing there, scribbling something down on a piece of paper. Something about the guy's body language made it seem as though whatever he was writing was at least slightly urgent.

With a sigh, Firel imagined the lecturing his father would give him, had the old man chanced upon knowing Firel had closed the store down a little earlier than he was supposed to and missed a customer. He turned around and headed back to the shop, hoping it was something quick and he'd be able to be on his way sooner rather than later.

"Excuse me, sir?" He asked, coming up behind the man slowly, as not to startle him. "Was there something I could help you with?"

(OOC: Sorry for the lackluster there, but I figured we should have some interactions xD)
Crossing the road, something made Firel throw a glance over his shoulder back towards the store. He saw the man standing there, scribbling something down on a piece of paper. Something about the guy's body language made it seem as though whatever he was writing was at least slightly urgent.

With a sigh, Firel imagined the lecturing his father would give him, had the old man chanced upon knowing Firel had closed the store down a little earlier than he was supposed to and missed a customer. He turned around and headed back to the shop, hoping it was something quick and he'd be able to be on his way sooner rather than later.

"Excuse me, sir?" He asked, coming up behind the man slowly, as not to startle him. "Was there something I could help you with?"

(OOC: Sorry for the lackluster there, but I figured we should have some interactions xD)
Reinhild scribbled some more things into the notepad, then went over and picked up a small mammal that had attempted to escape. As it squirmed in her hand, she gave it a tiny morsel of organ meat to chew. After a few minutes, what was presumably a rodent had wilted in her hand, blood pouring from its mouth.

"I do toxicology-like tests on the organs of the abominations. It may seem cruel to subject smaller animals to it, but it's better than doing a human trial. So far, I've found that most of them are toxic. I have a book on the non-toxic ones, and we'll take a look at that. I've also recorded what kind of nutrients that each organ of the edible ones have."

Reinhild saw the woman holding out a canteen, which she gladly took.

"Thank you."

She washed out the wounds on her body, which weren't actually too bad when the blood was washed away.

"My name's Reinhild, by the way. Reinhild Raedwulf."

The emergency crews had arrived. It wasn't long before they recovered the bodies of the two children, which were completely covered in white sheets. The one that covered Emilia was stained in red around where the neck would be, the stain slowly spreading outwards as liquids were wont to do.

"Did you find my wife?" Joakim rocked back and forth on the stoop, clutching his knees to his chest. For the first time in his life, he had to try to hide tears.

"No, sir. However, we did find evidence that your wife was responsible for the murders."

Hilja was such a happy woman, though materialistic. She gave birth to the two children, both of which were now gone. Why would she be not happy with all that she had? Why did she take it out on the children? He didn't know, and there was no way he could know for certain.

"Can I be left alone for a while? I need to grieve."

Though reluctant, the crew respected his request, but not before they asked a simple question.

"Is there any reason your wife could have done this?"

Joakim shook his head. He had no idea his wife was even capable of murder, much less the murder of their children.

"You do understand we'll have to investigate here for a few days, right? So, we'll have to ask you to stay elsewhere in the meantime."

There was nothing he could do but get up, nodding knowingly. Walking down the street was enough to drain what little energy he had left, especially since he'd been at work.
Reinhild scribbled some more things into the notepad, then went over and picked up a small mammal that had attempted to escape. As it squirmed in her hand, she gave it a tiny morsel of organ meat to chew. After a few minutes, what was presumably a rodent had wilted in her hand, blood pouring from its mouth.

"I do toxicology-like tests on the organs of the abominations. It may seem cruel to subject smaller animals to it, but it's better than doing a human trial. So far, I've found that most of them are toxic. I have a book on the non-toxic ones, and we'll take a look at that. I've also recorded what kind of nutrients that each organ of the edible ones have."

Reinhild saw the woman holding out a canteen, which she gladly took.

"Thank you."

She washed out the wounds on her body, which weren't actually too bad when the blood was washed away.

"My name's Reinhild, by the way. Reinhild Raedwulf."

The emergency crews had arrived. It wasn't long before they recovered the bodies of the two children, which were completely covered in white sheets. The one that covered Emilia was stained in red around where the neck would be, the stain slowly spreading outwards as liquids were wont to do.

"Did you find my wife?" Joakim rocked back and forth on the stoop, clutching his knees to his chest. For the first time in his life, he had to try to hide tears.

"No, sir. However, we did find evidence that your wife was responsible for the murders."

Hilja was such a happy woman, though materialistic. She gave birth to the two children, both of which were now gone. Why would she be not happy with all that she had? Why did she take it out on the children? He didn't know, and there was no way he could know for certain.

"Can I be left alone for a while? I need to grieve."

Though reluctant, the crew respected his request, but not before they asked a simple question.

"Is there any reason your wife could have done this?"

Joakim shook his head. He had no idea his wife was even capable of murder, much less the murder of their children.

"You do understand we'll have to investigate here for a few days, right? So, we'll have to ask you to stay elsewhere in the meantime."

There was nothing he could do but get up, nodding knowingly. Walking down the street was enough to drain what little energy he had left, especially since he'd been at work.
((No no it's quite alright dude!!))

Despite Firel's efforts not to frighten him, Tomo had been so engrossed in writing his note that when the man spoke, he gave a noticeable jump and nearly dropped the pen.

"OH, u-uh...w-well, I...I was wondering if you would possibly know when this establishment would be open tomorrow morning. I'd like to come first thing and speak with the owner, as I'm on a bit of a time frame..."

Tomo gestured to the suitcase sitting idle at his feet. The whole thing must have seemed strange--here was this scientist, all clad in his work attire, with an obvious intent to travel. Moreover, why was he seeking out a blacksmith, of all people?
((No no it's quite alright dude!!))

Despite Firel's efforts not to frighten him, Tomo had been so engrossed in writing his note that when the man spoke, he gave a noticeable jump and nearly dropped the pen.

"OH, u-uh...w-well, I...I was wondering if you would possibly know when this establishment would be open tomorrow morning. I'd like to come first thing and speak with the owner, as I'm on a bit of a time frame..."

Tomo gestured to the suitcase sitting idle at his feet. The whole thing must have seemed strange--here was this scientist, all clad in his work attire, with an obvious intent to travel. Moreover, why was he seeking out a blacksmith, of all people?
Watching the mammal subjected to the test with no emotion aside from a slightly raised eyebrow, Onya chewed her lip for a moment after it died, contemplating what had just happened. "Well, I'm certainly glad I never tried to fry anything up then," She said with a slight laugh, reaching out to take the canteen.

"I'm Onya." She said, by way of introductions. "It's nice to meet you, Reinhild. It's sort of hard to find any decent company out here." She said, looking around the area. Onya tended to stay away from the town areas of Lemuiria. Especially after her father died, she just saw no point in being around people.

"I've never seen you out here before. Do you live nearby?" She asked, reaching around to put the canteen back in her knapsack.
---

Firel looked curiously at the man, studying him and the suitcase. He definitely wasn't the typical type of customer Firel was used to and something about him piqued the young mans interest.

"Well, we normally don't open until around eight am, but I closed a little early today," He spoke quietly in case anyone was listening. Didn't want word to travel back to his old man, that was for sure. "If you'd like, I can take a look at whatever you need now, if you'd like?" He asked, taking the key from his pocket, starting to unlock the door.

It couldn't hurt, could it? The man had said he was on a time-frame, so hopefully it wouldn't take too long. Firel could make some money, his father would be happy, and then he could get to his usual plans. It wasn't like he was meeting anyone or anything, he rationalized inside his head.
Watching the mammal subjected to the test with no emotion aside from a slightly raised eyebrow, Onya chewed her lip for a moment after it died, contemplating what had just happened. "Well, I'm certainly glad I never tried to fry anything up then," She said with a slight laugh, reaching out to take the canteen.

"I'm Onya." She said, by way of introductions. "It's nice to meet you, Reinhild. It's sort of hard to find any decent company out here." She said, looking around the area. Onya tended to stay away from the town areas of Lemuiria. Especially after her father died, she just saw no point in being around people.

"I've never seen you out here before. Do you live nearby?" She asked, reaching around to put the canteen back in her knapsack.
---

Firel looked curiously at the man, studying him and the suitcase. He definitely wasn't the typical type of customer Firel was used to and something about him piqued the young mans interest.

"Well, we normally don't open until around eight am, but I closed a little early today," He spoke quietly in case anyone was listening. Didn't want word to travel back to his old man, that was for sure. "If you'd like, I can take a look at whatever you need now, if you'd like?" He asked, taking the key from his pocket, starting to unlock the door.

It couldn't hurt, could it? The man had said he was on a time-frame, so hopefully it wouldn't take too long. Firel could make some money, his father would be happy, and then he could get to his usual plans. It wasn't like he was meeting anyone or anything, he rationalized inside his head.
"The pleasure's all mine, Onya."

What a charmer, Reinhild. Despite where she was, who she was, and what she did to survive, she still tried to be charming. After all, you could get more flies with honey than vinegar, which was certainly still true in this vast wasteland that used to be wilderness. She let go of the canteen as it was gripped by the other woman, then surveyed her wounds again.

"I wouldn't trust most of the people in towns," Reinhild stated, "the minute something goes wrong, it's every man for himself. That's how it was when the wall was first built, too. Every man for himself, and anyone left behind is just an unfortunate casualty." She had to take a deep breath to stop herself from going on a rant, which was difficult enough when she was alone.

Upon being asked if she was from nearby, she shrugged. "I don't really live anywhere. I never stay in one spot too long, lest I grow complacent and let my guard down. Also, as I've said, people in the towns only think for themselves. Can't say I blame 'em, though." She rubbed her foot in the sandy ground, creating a deep rut.

---

Joakim, soulless and sluggish, still walked down the road. Ahead, he could see the blacksmith's shop, which he extensively dealt with. Whenever they needed metal, he supplied them with his mining and processing business. In fact, it was like that for all of the metal working businesses around the area. He came to know the owners of the businesses quite well, or at least enough to strike up conversation as a deal was signed.

In front of the shop, he could see two people. He hoped, nay, prayed that no one'd see him in his current state. Although he only touched his daughter's body once to check for a pulse, her blood was still on his hands, and he'd rubbed it onto his jeans by mistake. He could feel the slight dread washing over him.
"The pleasure's all mine, Onya."

What a charmer, Reinhild. Despite where she was, who she was, and what she did to survive, she still tried to be charming. After all, you could get more flies with honey than vinegar, which was certainly still true in this vast wasteland that used to be wilderness. She let go of the canteen as it was gripped by the other woman, then surveyed her wounds again.

"I wouldn't trust most of the people in towns," Reinhild stated, "the minute something goes wrong, it's every man for himself. That's how it was when the wall was first built, too. Every man for himself, and anyone left behind is just an unfortunate casualty." She had to take a deep breath to stop herself from going on a rant, which was difficult enough when she was alone.

Upon being asked if she was from nearby, she shrugged. "I don't really live anywhere. I never stay in one spot too long, lest I grow complacent and let my guard down. Also, as I've said, people in the towns only think for themselves. Can't say I blame 'em, though." She rubbed her foot in the sandy ground, creating a deep rut.

---

Joakim, soulless and sluggish, still walked down the road. Ahead, he could see the blacksmith's shop, which he extensively dealt with. Whenever they needed metal, he supplied them with his mining and processing business. In fact, it was like that for all of the metal working businesses around the area. He came to know the owners of the businesses quite well, or at least enough to strike up conversation as a deal was signed.

In front of the shop, he could see two people. He hoped, nay, prayed that no one'd see him in his current state. Although he only touched his daughter's body once to check for a pulse, her blood was still on his hands, and he'd rubbed it onto his jeans by mistake. He could feel the slight dread washing over him.
This man before him was not just any regular townie who had come to help--no, this man had access to the shop itself, and Tomo tensed at his kind offer. The last thing he'd want to do was be seen as a burden and he immediately apologized for his intrusion.

"Ohhh, I-I'm terribly sorry for inconveniencing you, sir! I'd be perfectly fine if you wanted to postpone until opening tomorrow, honest!"

The scientist stepped out of the way to allow Firel passage, sticking his hands in his coat pockets to nervously toy with the trinkets inside. He averted his gaze to the ground in slight embarrassment.

"It's not so much a matter of the purchase as it is getting some recommendations beforehand, and perhaps whatever you might have in stock that's suitable. Weaponry isn't exactly my forte, so I'd like some advice on what types of things I should buy...for...protection..."

Suddenly, Tomo's voice trailed off and disappeared altogether. His focus was locked no longer on Firel or on the things in his pockets, but on a skulking man who had just passed them by. However, it was not the manner in which he walked that had captured Tomo's attention, but the quick glimpse of red he had caught out of the corner of his eye and the faint metallic scent in the air.

Maybe the guy was hurt? Or maybe he had just finished killing someone? Tomo wasn't so aware of crime in the city, but there was always that sliver of chance. Possibility frightened him sometimes.

Cautiously, he took a few steps in Joakim's direction, extra careful to maintain his distance. "Sir...? Do you need some assistance?"
This man before him was not just any regular townie who had come to help--no, this man had access to the shop itself, and Tomo tensed at his kind offer. The last thing he'd want to do was be seen as a burden and he immediately apologized for his intrusion.

"Ohhh, I-I'm terribly sorry for inconveniencing you, sir! I'd be perfectly fine if you wanted to postpone until opening tomorrow, honest!"

The scientist stepped out of the way to allow Firel passage, sticking his hands in his coat pockets to nervously toy with the trinkets inside. He averted his gaze to the ground in slight embarrassment.

"It's not so much a matter of the purchase as it is getting some recommendations beforehand, and perhaps whatever you might have in stock that's suitable. Weaponry isn't exactly my forte, so I'd like some advice on what types of things I should buy...for...protection..."

Suddenly, Tomo's voice trailed off and disappeared altogether. His focus was locked no longer on Firel or on the things in his pockets, but on a skulking man who had just passed them by. However, it was not the manner in which he walked that had captured Tomo's attention, but the quick glimpse of red he had caught out of the corner of his eye and the faint metallic scent in the air.

Maybe the guy was hurt? Or maybe he had just finished killing someone? Tomo wasn't so aware of crime in the city, but there was always that sliver of chance. Possibility frightened him sometimes.

Cautiously, he took a few steps in Joakim's direction, extra careful to maintain his distance. "Sir...? Do you need some assistance?"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7