Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Coming of Age
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
@ZeraLintarii
@Wolvenflame77
@Umbrageous

((OOC: Sign up thread is here.))

The snowstorm was raging on the small island, making the weather unfit for dragon or beast. Carcasses of unfortunate creatures, mostly small and unnoticeable, were frozen dead in the vast white. At least, if some meat-eating dragon were to venture out, they would not go hungry. If anyone were to set foot on the Frigid Floes and surrounding islands, even someone as small as a Fae, they'd run the ever-increasing risk of falling through the ice. Despite the storm, however, the layer of snow still glowed with sunlight that needed not to be bright to blind.

A small black and red Guardian, no older than a couple days, sluggishly raised her head. Trudging through the less-packed snow at the top, and repeatedly sinking, tired her quickly. She had to get off the island quickly, but she couldn't fly lest she risk tearing her fairly delicate wings, so she had to walk to the shore and pray to the Icewarden. That way, she could carry out her grim task in relatively permissive weather, and hopefully face better weather on the Floes whilst bringing her spoils back.

"What do you see?" The winds obscured Reinhild's voice, but her Hati familiar heard her clearly. He barked, running toward the large object obscured by the snow and winds. She followed, "Hey! Wait up!"
@ZeraLintarii
@Wolvenflame77
@Umbrageous

((OOC: Sign up thread is here.))

The snowstorm was raging on the small island, making the weather unfit for dragon or beast. Carcasses of unfortunate creatures, mostly small and unnoticeable, were frozen dead in the vast white. At least, if some meat-eating dragon were to venture out, they would not go hungry. If anyone were to set foot on the Frigid Floes and surrounding islands, even someone as small as a Fae, they'd run the ever-increasing risk of falling through the ice. Despite the storm, however, the layer of snow still glowed with sunlight that needed not to be bright to blind.

A small black and red Guardian, no older than a couple days, sluggishly raised her head. Trudging through the less-packed snow at the top, and repeatedly sinking, tired her quickly. She had to get off the island quickly, but she couldn't fly lest she risk tearing her fairly delicate wings, so she had to walk to the shore and pray to the Icewarden. That way, she could carry out her grim task in relatively permissive weather, and hopefully face better weather on the Floes whilst bringing her spoils back.

"What do you see?" The winds obscured Reinhild's voice, but her Hati familiar heard her clearly. He barked, running toward the large object obscured by the snow and winds. She followed, "Hey! Wait up!"
@Raedwulf

It'd not be hard to spot the green drake. Still young, but not so much so to be mistaken for a hatchling just born. He had a good month's time on him. What was he doing so far from his glen though? So far from the forest that was his home? Well, if asked he might just say. For now, he was feasting upon a carcass. The youngster could hunt small prey on his own, but this frozen wasteland seemed to hold no life as of yet. Only when he saw something upon the distant horizon did he turn to his own companion.

The two simply shared a glance before the shadowed being had slunk low to the ground, the drake following its movements. Loki's green eyes stared at the approaching forms, trying to make them out in the snow storm. They looked to be so far away, though....
@Raedwulf

It'd not be hard to spot the green drake. Still young, but not so much so to be mistaken for a hatchling just born. He had a good month's time on him. What was he doing so far from his glen though? So far from the forest that was his home? Well, if asked he might just say. For now, he was feasting upon a carcass. The youngster could hunt small prey on his own, but this frozen wasteland seemed to hold no life as of yet. Only when he saw something upon the distant horizon did he turn to his own companion.

The two simply shared a glance before the shadowed being had slunk low to the ground, the drake following its movements. Loki's green eyes stared at the approaching forms, trying to make them out in the snow storm. They looked to be so far away, though....
aro_wolvenflame77_100_by_dragonnmr-d9fzrdr.gif
@Wolvenflame77
Reinhild followed Hati, struggling in the deep snow. The wolf stopped long enough for her to catch up, but got a nasty surprise as she clamped down on his tail.

"Sorry", Reinhild was muffled by Hati's fur as she was dragged behind.

A much larger shadow was behind her, but she paid no attention to it. It had the express intent of following her every move, doing everything in its power to keep up with the hatchling and her familiar.
@Wolvenflame77
Reinhild followed Hati, struggling in the deep snow. The wolf stopped long enough for her to catch up, but got a nasty surprise as she clamped down on his tail.

"Sorry", Reinhild was muffled by Hati's fur as she was dragged behind.

A much larger shadow was behind her, but she paid no attention to it. It had the express intent of following her every move, doing everything in its power to keep up with the hatchling and her familiar.
(Is this a private RP? Just checking because it does seem interesting. ouo)
(Is this a private RP? Just checking because it does seem interesting. ouo)
((OOC:
@Meepas
It's open to all, but the sign up for it is in another thread titled "Coming of Age (Open to All)".

@Umbrageous
Of course! I'm involving my own other dragons, and that is actually a better post than I would have come up with to be honest.))
((OOC:
@Meepas
It's open to all, but the sign up for it is in another thread titled "Coming of Age (Open to All)".

@Umbrageous
Of course! I'm involving my own other dragons, and that is actually a better post than I would have come up with to be honest.))
(Ooooh you might want to post a linkie to the OOC thread in the first post then. IT'd have helped me find your other thread easier. I'll take a look. ouo)
(Ooooh you might want to post a linkie to the OOC thread in the first post then. IT'd have helped me find your other thread easier. I'll take a look. ouo)
Iceshadow huffed a chilled breath, a wing holding a trembling little snake close to her side. "Hang in there Crystalgaze...." She murmured, trudging through the snow of what once was her home.

Even for the Icelands this blizzard was something awful. She had expected fair weather for today's exploration, but it seemed her hunch was off this time.

A baby Spiral clung to her side, shielded from the worst of the winds by her friend's wing. "H-how m-m-much f-f-further I-Iceshad-dow..." She chattered, snuggling against what little warmth the Mirror could offer.

"Don't worry! We're almost there. I swear..." Iceshadow murmured, though inside her hope's fire dimmed. She highly doubted they were near any caves, but she couldn't tell that to Crystalgaze. No. She had to find something warm and quickly. "Leyla, see if you can't find anyone to help..." She murmured, a little Light Sprite coming out of her Satchel with a shiver.

Leyla nodded, before taking off, soon beaconing in the direction of strange spots of color in the snow. "...?" Iceshadow trudged forward, her larger, though slight, size for a mirror driving her through the tough wind.
Iceshadow huffed a chilled breath, a wing holding a trembling little snake close to her side. "Hang in there Crystalgaze...." She murmured, trudging through the snow of what once was her home.

Even for the Icelands this blizzard was something awful. She had expected fair weather for today's exploration, but it seemed her hunch was off this time.

A baby Spiral clung to her side, shielded from the worst of the winds by her friend's wing. "H-how m-m-much f-f-further I-Iceshad-dow..." She chattered, snuggling against what little warmth the Mirror could offer.

"Don't worry! We're almost there. I swear..." Iceshadow murmured, though inside her hope's fire dimmed. She highly doubted they were near any caves, but she couldn't tell that to Crystalgaze. No. She had to find something warm and quickly. "Leyla, see if you can't find anyone to help..." She murmured, a little Light Sprite coming out of her Satchel with a shiver.

Leyla nodded, before taking off, soon beaconing in the direction of strange spots of color in the snow. "...?" Iceshadow trudged forward, her larger, though slight, size for a mirror driving her through the tough wind.
Ftero chased a little dark blue and maize guardian through a thick onslaught of a blizzard. "Brother, this is... This is qu-quite enough. Please, we need to go back." The tiny Fae fluttered above the cold ground. "Please, you were just born! The clan doesn't even know where we went! They didn't even get a chance to give you a proper name, and you go running off!"

The exasperated Fae tried to pull on his tail, she threw herself in front of him, but nothing stopped the slow trudging hatchling on his quest into the unknown.

She flew in front of him, and grabbed his face in bone tiny claws.
"Come on brother, please. We have to get back home! We've already gone really far !" She sighed.

But the guardian just smiled at her, and nodded his head slightly. Then he started walking again, with a new determined speed.

With his sharp eyes, he could see shapes in the distance.
Ftero chased a little dark blue and maize guardian through a thick onslaught of a blizzard. "Brother, this is... This is qu-quite enough. Please, we need to go back." The tiny Fae fluttered above the cold ground. "Please, you were just born! The clan doesn't even know where we went! They didn't even get a chance to give you a proper name, and you go running off!"

The exasperated Fae tried to pull on his tail, she threw herself in front of him, but nothing stopped the slow trudging hatchling on his quest into the unknown.

She flew in front of him, and grabbed his face in bone tiny claws.
"Come on brother, please. We have to get back home! We've already gone really far !" She sighed.

But the guardian just smiled at her, and nodded his head slightly. Then he started walking again, with a new determined speed.

With his sharp eyes, he could see shapes in the distance.
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
(((@Raedwulf @Wolvenflame77 @Umbrageous @GiftOfArtemis @Meepas) Should I ping when my characters interact with yours?))

There were two tasks that new members of the clan needed to complete before being considered true members. Only one had to be completed, but they were both difficult in their own ways. The first task was to travel to every elemental region, and defeat another dragon in battle. When you won, you were to return with the wounds from that battle and an item found from that region, before traveling to another. The second was to collect a runestone and a doll from each element.

Kai wanted to collect the items, but Stark wanted to battle. The pair couldn't decide on what to do, because if they chose what they wanted, then they would be separated. So they decided to do both tasks, together. Double the work would need to be done, yes, but at least they wouldn't need to travel alone.

The pair decided to travel throughout the whole world, collecting runestones and dolls as they went, challenging any dragons they met, but not seeking opponents out themselves. The pair had collected 9 runestones, and were on their way to the Southern Icefield. They could feel the cold from across the sea, and had stuffed their bags with insects.

"Perhaps we should just fight here too and never come back." Stark said, flying closer to Kai. The Wildwood Owl above them hooted in agreement. Kai had gotten the Owl from Araz after he found it in the coliseum. It liked Kai more than any other dragon in the clan, and followed him everywhere.

Kai shivered slightly, able to see the snow covered island. A large cloud hung above the area, unnerving him. "I see a large cloud over the icefield, maybe we should come later."

"Nonsense! It could be normal anyway!" Stark shouted, flapping his wings to gain altitude. "Besides, we're almost there!" He folded his wings and dove downwards, increasing his speed, before snapping them open again right before he hit the frigid waters. He flew towards the island of snow, leaving behind his brother and companion.

"Stark! Wait!" Kai flapped his wings, trying to gain altitude and speed. He groaned, realizing that he wasn't getting any closer, before diving and copying the maneuver that his brother just completed. The fae felt ice water splash up against his underside, and he began flapping frantically to gain altitude.

The wildwood owl screeched and appeared beside him. They both caught up eventually, and the winds had gotten more powerful. They all became imbalanced in their flight, and fought to rise in the air. They succeeded, only to be blown into the snow below.

The cold stunned all of them, but Kai was the first to recover. He shook off the snow, before finding Stark and the Wildwood Owl and helping them to their feet. Snow pelted their forms, and Kai realized that it didn't bother him much. "We need to find some shelter and try to wait out this storm!" He shouted over the noise of the winds.

"H-how will we d-do that? I c-can't see anything!" Stark shouted, looking around. He was eventually able to discern a few moving blotches of color. "Wait... I think s-see someth-thing... i-it's far off though..." He felt Kai wrap one of his wings around him, pulling the smaller fae closer to him. "We'll get somewhere safe soon, don't worry." They began to walk towards the shapes, unsure if this was a smart desicion. "Still want to battle and leave?" He jokingly asked, feeling the Wildwood wrap a wing around him."N-not f-f-funny..." Stark's teeth chattered, and he shook harder.

Please be friendly... Kai thought, worrying for his brother.

((EVERYONE LOVES BOOKS))
(((@Raedwulf @Wolvenflame77 @Umbrageous @GiftOfArtemis @Meepas) Should I ping when my characters interact with yours?))

There were two tasks that new members of the clan needed to complete before being considered true members. Only one had to be completed, but they were both difficult in their own ways. The first task was to travel to every elemental region, and defeat another dragon in battle. When you won, you were to return with the wounds from that battle and an item found from that region, before traveling to another. The second was to collect a runestone and a doll from each element.

Kai wanted to collect the items, but Stark wanted to battle. The pair couldn't decide on what to do, because if they chose what they wanted, then they would be separated. So they decided to do both tasks, together. Double the work would need to be done, yes, but at least they wouldn't need to travel alone.

The pair decided to travel throughout the whole world, collecting runestones and dolls as they went, challenging any dragons they met, but not seeking opponents out themselves. The pair had collected 9 runestones, and were on their way to the Southern Icefield. They could feel the cold from across the sea, and had stuffed their bags with insects.

"Perhaps we should just fight here too and never come back." Stark said, flying closer to Kai. The Wildwood Owl above them hooted in agreement. Kai had gotten the Owl from Araz after he found it in the coliseum. It liked Kai more than any other dragon in the clan, and followed him everywhere.

Kai shivered slightly, able to see the snow covered island. A large cloud hung above the area, unnerving him. "I see a large cloud over the icefield, maybe we should come later."

"Nonsense! It could be normal anyway!" Stark shouted, flapping his wings to gain altitude. "Besides, we're almost there!" He folded his wings and dove downwards, increasing his speed, before snapping them open again right before he hit the frigid waters. He flew towards the island of snow, leaving behind his brother and companion.

"Stark! Wait!" Kai flapped his wings, trying to gain altitude and speed. He groaned, realizing that he wasn't getting any closer, before diving and copying the maneuver that his brother just completed. The fae felt ice water splash up against his underside, and he began flapping frantically to gain altitude.

The wildwood owl screeched and appeared beside him. They both caught up eventually, and the winds had gotten more powerful. They all became imbalanced in their flight, and fought to rise in the air. They succeeded, only to be blown into the snow below.

The cold stunned all of them, but Kai was the first to recover. He shook off the snow, before finding Stark and the Wildwood Owl and helping them to their feet. Snow pelted their forms, and Kai realized that it didn't bother him much. "We need to find some shelter and try to wait out this storm!" He shouted over the noise of the winds.

"H-how will we d-do that? I c-can't see anything!" Stark shouted, looking around. He was eventually able to discern a few moving blotches of color. "Wait... I think s-see someth-thing... i-it's far off though..." He felt Kai wrap one of his wings around him, pulling the smaller fae closer to him. "We'll get somewhere safe soon, don't worry." They began to walk towards the shapes, unsure if this was a smart desicion. "Still want to battle and leave?" He jokingly asked, feeling the Wildwood wrap a wing around him."N-not f-f-funny..." Stark's teeth chattered, and he shook harder.

Please be friendly... Kai thought, worrying for his brother.

((EVERYONE LOVES BOOKS))
banner7_zps03f1852e.png
@ZeraLintarii (Fine by me!)

Iceshadow blinked as Crystalgaze poked her. "What is it...?"

"I-I sense smaller dragons coming. They might be cold too..." She murmured, always thoughtful of others.

Iceshadow frowned, seeing how sluggish the Spiral was. She couldn't afford to waste much more time out in the blizzard. She and Crystalgaze would both perish. "Alright alright. We'll see if they can provide some warmth eh?" She murmured, trudging along in a different path, until she came across two Fae. "Hmm...?" She lowered her snout at the trudging dragons. "Greetings." She had to take a step back though seeing a Wildwood Owl. She and Wildwood Owls never quite got along.

Leyla, her Light Sprite, sat atop her head.
@ZeraLintarii (Fine by me!)

Iceshadow blinked as Crystalgaze poked her. "What is it...?"

"I-I sense smaller dragons coming. They might be cold too..." She murmured, always thoughtful of others.

Iceshadow frowned, seeing how sluggish the Spiral was. She couldn't afford to waste much more time out in the blizzard. She and Crystalgaze would both perish. "Alright alright. We'll see if they can provide some warmth eh?" She murmured, trudging along in a different path, until she came across two Fae. "Hmm...?" She lowered her snout at the trudging dragons. "Greetings." She had to take a step back though seeing a Wildwood Owl. She and Wildwood Owls never quite got along.

Leyla, her Light Sprite, sat atop her head.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12