Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Royal Academy of Devildom [OOC] [Full]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
I'll take them, thank you!
I'll take them, thank you!
BFD or Butters! your local void entity and hollow knight fan, hmu if you want to scream about the Pale King and/or Lurien the Watcher

#1 Rezhong Enjoyer, Azhdaha deserved better :( let the sad rock dragon grandpas hold hands

P9aWhak.png soseY8L.pngTl1dGxE.pngv2PJF9u.pngJvUa9ma.png
Could i res Conquest for a friend for 24h? I've convinced them to join FR for roleplays, but they don't have an account yet lol
Could i res Conquest for a friend for 24h? I've convinced them to join FR for roleplays, but they don't have an account yet lol
Sure! I've been trying to bribe my sister into doing the same xD
Hello, I am the friend mention by Biao—feel free to ask for a conformation from them. I would love to properly claim Conquest; do you mind removing the 24hr limit? Before writing a CS, I have a few questions.

Firstly, how closely should we follow the role of the four horsemen—if possible I would love to play a character focused on the 'conquest' of the natural world through the sciences and not traditional warfare. Secondly, how old/powerful are the four horsemen in the school? What I mean by this is, what is their role in the school? If I play a character focused on the acquisition of knowledge, how smart/knowledgeable can they be? Also, for the 'race' of Conquest, should I state 'Horseman of the Apocalypse' or am I allowed to choose some other ‘celestial’ race?

Thanks for hearing me out! Please excuse any mistakes I may make in Flight Rising's format as like Biao has mentioned, I have just joined the game!
Hello, I am the friend mention by Biao—feel free to ask for a conformation from them. I would love to properly claim Conquest; do you mind removing the 24hr limit? Before writing a CS, I have a few questions.

Firstly, how closely should we follow the role of the four horsemen—if possible I would love to play a character focused on the 'conquest' of the natural world through the sciences and not traditional warfare. Secondly, how old/powerful are the four horsemen in the school? What I mean by this is, what is their role in the school? If I play a character focused on the acquisition of knowledge, how smart/knowledgeable can they be? Also, for the 'race' of Conquest, should I state 'Horseman of the Apocalypse' or am I allowed to choose some other ‘celestial’ race?

Thanks for hearing me out! Please excuse any mistakes I may make in Flight Rising's format as like Biao has mentioned, I have just joined the game!
I am perfectly okay with creative interpretations!
Given their nature it is perfectly within reason for them to be thousands of years old.
As part of the student council, there are few things that are out of reach for them. You have mostly free reign there.

No worries! Real talk, I haven't been on the site that long either and I'm super easy going. :)
I am perfectly okay with creative interpretations!
Given their nature it is perfectly within reason for them to be thousands of years old.
As part of the student council, there are few things that are out of reach for them. You have mostly free reign there.

No worries! Real talk, I haven't been on the site that long either and I'm super easy going. :)
Finished my sorcerer boy! Lemme know if I need to change or add anything! Also, hello, Wanting! Welcome to Flight Rising! :D [b]Name:[/b] Rooney Fethaira [b]Age:[/b] 16 [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Pronouns:[/b] He/him [b]Species:[/b] Human (sorcerer) [b]Role:[/b] Exchange student [b]Romantic Orientation:[/b] Bi (male-leaning) [b]Personality:[/b] Rooney is a positive young man! He can be easily impressed by others and always looks forward to making new friends. He’s been caught following people around like a lost puppy in the past, and he will probably be caught doing it again. He can’t control how energetic he is sometimes, but he means no harm. He is passionate about his hobbies and activities, to the point where he is prone to pushing himself too far. While he wishes he had more self-confidence, he has enough of it to assist others the best he can or laugh at himself whenever he makes mistakes (or hurts himself). Despite being fairly sociable, he isn’t immune to overstimulation. Too many voices talking, too much noise happening, confusing circumstances and visuals blending together, it’s all capable of rendering him a shell of his former self if he doesn’t get a hold of himself in time. While he dislikes lying, he also doesn’t like expressing much sadness in front of others. He always wants to try and keep everyone’s spirits up, even if it means concealing what he truly feels. [b]Abilities/Skills:[/b] [LIST] [*]Rooney is most skilled in air / storm-based magic! The stormy side of his magic is more powerful, but also more prone to flying out of control. Sparks always fly from his skin when his magic is starting to take control. [*]He can summon a rideable cloud out of thin air; said cloud can turn black with bits of electricity jumping out if his magic starts to go out of control, or if he wills it to. He can also create mini-clouds. For what reason? Dunno, the clouds he makes are fluffy! Sometimes he just likes having tiny clouds hovering around him. [*]He can use wind to spin in an accelerated rotation. He isn’t immune to getting dizzy from spinning too much, though. [*]He can surround himself with a windy aura. [*]He can send out gusts of wind with hand-motions; he can also use terrain to his advantage with this technique. For example, he could use a gust of wind to pick up nearby dust or sand and fling it in someone’s face. [*]With storm-based magic, he can create spheres of electricity-filled wind and launch them. [*]He can run pretty fast and jump pretty high! He participated in track and field in his former private school. [*]He has some skill with playing the flute. [/LIST] [b]Weaknesses:[/b] [LIST] [*]If someone were to chuck a boulder-sized object through one of his rideable clouds, it would dissipate and cause whatever was on top of it to fall. [*]Using too much magic at once will often leave him in an exhausted and overwhelmed state. [*]He can be hurt in any conceivable way a human could possibly get hurt. [*]Failing to use his storm-based magic properly could result in him accidentally shocking himself. [*]He tends to overwork himself, whether it be physically or academically. [*]He is afraid of sudden loud sounds, his reaction going beyond simply being startled. Hearing one always prompts him to either freeze like a deer in headlights, hide from sight, cling to the nearest person to him or flee. [s](Despite having [i]storm[/i]-based magic, that technically means he’s afraid of the sound of thunder, too...)[/s] [*]He is deathly afraid of being buried alive. [*]He has speluncaphobia, or the fear of caves. Ask him to enter a cave and he will freak out. Even the thought of cave exploration is enough to make him panic. [/LIST] [b]History:[/b] Rooney is the only child of his immediate family, born in a long line of sorcerers wielding air-based magic. His childhood was a fairly happy one; he was home-schooled for a while, and eventually, his parents enrolled him in a private school. He was dedicated to his studies, although a carefree nature made it difficult for him to avoid danger. As he got older, he learned from his clumsy mistakes and stopped injuring himself so much. Aside from school, his father would help him hone his magic while his mother would educate him on the realms outside of their own. Some parts of his magic studies were more difficult than he expected it to be, and he often feared disappointing his parents. He would always be reassured he could never possibly disappoint them, yet that didn’t stop him from feeling pressured to give it his all. He always felt as though other eyes were watching him. There were a few rough spots in his childhood, that was for sure. His fear of caves came from an exploration gone wrong, when he went on a trip with a few of his friends. He got lost and spent hours trying to find his way out of the cave they had visited or find his friends at the very least. He wasn’t all that experienced with magic back then, having only recently awakened it. He was eventually able to get it to work, using a cloud to lift himself out of a crevice he’d fallen into. Since then, he has refused to go anywhere near a cavernous area. He prefers hiking up mountains and running across wide plains to cave exploration. Don’t get him started on the prospect of [i]underwater[/i] cave exploration. Thunderstorms had a strange effect on him and his family, and he struggled to deal with it for a while. They would always become more twitchy and hyperactive during a storm. One particular stormy night, he snuck outside in order to make up for a mistake he made during his storm-magic training session that same day, thinking his father was secretly disappointed in him when he didn’t comment on the mistake. He ended up nearly being struck by lightning while practicing (yes he was that unlucky), and after the following loud boom of thunder sent him running back inside, he had a panic attack, which woke his parents up. He admitted what he did and apologized profusely. After being forgiven (and grounded), he vowed never to go outside during a thunderstorm if he can help it. Rooney was fascinated by the other realms outside of his own. He was dedicated to his studies, both in private school and at home. He believes it is possible to achieve equality between both angels and demons, as well as humanity. He isn’t naive enough to assume it would happen instantly, but with time and effort, it could. If he could do anything to help, he would be willing to pitch in. He eventually began to dream of one day visiting the Devildom or the Celestial Realm, even both of them, possibly. He didn’t think he would get that opportunity until he was fully grown, but he was shockingly proven wrong when he was invited to join in on the new exchange program held in the Devildom. His first thought was to assume he was dreaming, which of course, he wasn’t. When his parents confirmed its legitimacy, the next thing he did was wonder if he was really worthy of a spot in the program or not. He came around to accepting the invitation after regaining his confidence, letting excitement drive him instead of worry for the time being. [b]Other:[/b] [LIST] [*]He owns a lot of onesies. He never wears the same one two days in a row! [*]He’s a big fan of soft things! He owns plenty of blankets, pillows, plushies, etc. [*]He stims by flapping his hands sometimes when he’s excited. [*]When he is overwhelmed or stressed, he reverts to a nonverbal state and will refuse to talk until he starts feeling better. At that point, he’ll usually seek a place to emotionally decompress if he can. A good hug can help bring him out of this state as well. [s]Rolling him up in a blanket like a burrito is another option.[/s] [*]His favorite drink is blue raspberry lemonade. [*]He’s a big fan of cookies! A tasty batch of cookies and a glass of milk usually raises his spirits. [*]He has a light British accent. [/LIST] [b]Appearance:[/b] Rooney stands at 5’3”. He has a fairly pale complexion with lively light blue eyes. His jaw-length hair is fluffy and brown with a single sky blue highlight. He has a tiny white cloud-shaped tattoo with a light blue outline on both cheeks, just under his eyes. His favorite outfit consists of a light blue sweater over a white dress shirt, usually accompanied by a light purple leather jacket, as well as black long pants with two thin light blue lines trailing down each pant leg and light blue shoes. Otherwise, he loves wearing various sweaters and flowy clothing. He has an outfit more befitting of a sorcerer as well; he just prefers wearing casual clothing for the most part. When using his storm magic, his eyes glow a brighter shade of blue and his hair turns pitch black. [center][img]https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/64757171_LkpFf5mHCkgyrIx.jpg[/img][/center] (Drawing is mine! ^^ Apologies if the lighting isn't the best, it was the best I could get!)
Finished my sorcerer boy! Lemme know if I need to change or add anything!

Also, hello, Wanting! Welcome to Flight Rising! :D

Name: Rooney Fethaira
Pronouns: He/him
Species: Human (sorcerer)
Role: Exchange student
Romantic Orientation: Bi (male-leaning)

Personality: Rooney is a positive young man! He can be easily impressed by others and always looks forward to making new friends. He’s been caught following people around like a lost puppy in the past, and he will probably be caught doing it again. He can’t control how energetic he is sometimes, but he means no harm. He is passionate about his hobbies and activities, to the point where he is prone to pushing himself too far. While he wishes he had more self-confidence, he has enough of it to assist others the best he can or laugh at himself whenever he makes mistakes (or hurts himself). Despite being fairly sociable, he isn’t immune to overstimulation. Too many voices talking, too much noise happening, confusing circumstances and visuals blending together, it’s all capable of rendering him a shell of his former self if he doesn’t get a hold of himself in time. While he dislikes lying, he also doesn’t like expressing much sadness in front of others. He always wants to try and keep everyone’s spirits up, even if it means concealing what he truly feels.

Abilities/Skills:
  • Rooney is most skilled in air / storm-based magic! The stormy side of his magic is more powerful, but also more prone to flying out of control. Sparks always fly from his skin when his magic is starting to take control.
  • He can summon a rideable cloud out of thin air; said cloud can turn black with bits of electricity jumping out if his magic starts to go out of control, or if he wills it to. He can also create mini-clouds. For what reason? Dunno, the clouds he makes are fluffy! Sometimes he just likes having tiny clouds hovering around him.
  • He can use wind to spin in an accelerated rotation. He isn’t immune to getting dizzy from spinning too much, though.
  • He can surround himself with a windy aura.
  • He can send out gusts of wind with hand-motions; he can also use terrain to his advantage with this technique. For example, he could use a gust of wind to pick up nearby dust or sand and fling it in someone’s face.
  • With storm-based magic, he can create spheres of electricity-filled wind and launch them.
  • He can run pretty fast and jump pretty high! He participated in track and field in his former private school.
  • He has some skill with playing the flute.

Weaknesses:
  • If someone were to chuck a boulder-sized object through one of his rideable clouds, it would dissipate and cause whatever was on top of it to fall.
  • Using too much magic at once will often leave him in an exhausted and overwhelmed state.
  • He can be hurt in any conceivable way a human could possibly get hurt.
  • Failing to use his storm-based magic properly could result in him accidentally shocking himself.
  • He tends to overwork himself, whether it be physically or academically.
  • He is afraid of sudden loud sounds, his reaction going beyond simply being startled. Hearing one always prompts him to either freeze like a deer in headlights, hide from sight, cling to the nearest person to him or flee. (Despite having storm-based magic, that technically means he’s afraid of the sound of thunder, too...)
  • He is deathly afraid of being buried alive.
  • He has speluncaphobia, or the fear of caves. Ask him to enter a cave and he will freak out. Even the thought of cave exploration is enough to make him panic.

History: Rooney is the only child of his immediate family, born in a long line of sorcerers wielding air-based magic. His childhood was a fairly happy one; he was home-schooled for a while, and eventually, his parents enrolled him in a private school. He was dedicated to his studies, although a carefree nature made it difficult for him to avoid danger. As he got older, he learned from his clumsy mistakes and stopped injuring himself so much. Aside from school, his father would help him hone his magic while his mother would educate him on the realms outside of their own.

Some parts of his magic studies were more difficult than he expected it to be, and he often feared disappointing his parents. He would always be reassured he could never possibly disappoint them, yet that didn’t stop him from feeling pressured to give it his all. He always felt as though other eyes were watching him.

There were a few rough spots in his childhood, that was for sure. His fear of caves came from an exploration gone wrong, when he went on a trip with a few of his friends. He got lost and spent hours trying to find his way out of the cave they had visited or find his friends at the very least. He wasn’t all that experienced with magic back then, having only recently awakened it. He was eventually able to get it to work, using a cloud to lift himself out of a crevice he’d fallen into. Since then, he has refused to go anywhere near a cavernous area. He prefers hiking up mountains and running across wide plains to cave exploration. Don’t get him started on the prospect of underwater cave exploration.

Thunderstorms had a strange effect on him and his family, and he struggled to deal with it for a while. They would always become more twitchy and hyperactive during a storm. One particular stormy night, he snuck outside in order to make up for a mistake he made during his storm-magic training session that same day, thinking his father was secretly disappointed in him when he didn’t comment on the mistake. He ended up nearly being struck by lightning while practicing (yes he was that unlucky), and after the following loud boom of thunder sent him running back inside, he had a panic attack, which woke his parents up. He admitted what he did and apologized profusely. After being forgiven (and grounded), he vowed never to go outside during a thunderstorm if he can help it.

Rooney was fascinated by the other realms outside of his own. He was dedicated to his studies, both in private school and at home. He believes it is possible to achieve equality between both angels and demons, as well as humanity. He isn’t naive enough to assume it would happen instantly, but with time and effort, it could. If he could do anything to help, he would be willing to pitch in.

He eventually began to dream of one day visiting the Devildom or the Celestial Realm, even both of them, possibly. He didn’t think he would get that opportunity until he was fully grown, but he was shockingly proven wrong when he was invited to join in on the new exchange program held in the Devildom. His first thought was to assume he was dreaming, which of course, he wasn’t. When his parents confirmed its legitimacy, the next thing he did was wonder if he was really worthy of a spot in the program or not. He came around to accepting the invitation after regaining his confidence, letting excitement drive him instead of worry for the time being.

Other:
  • He owns a lot of onesies. He never wears the same one two days in a row!
  • He’s a big fan of soft things! He owns plenty of blankets, pillows, plushies, etc.
  • He stims by flapping his hands sometimes when he’s excited.
  • When he is overwhelmed or stressed, he reverts to a nonverbal state and will refuse to talk until he starts feeling better. At that point, he’ll usually seek a place to emotionally decompress if he can. A good hug can help bring him out of this state as well. Rolling him up in a blanket like a burrito is another option.
  • His favorite drink is blue raspberry lemonade.
  • He’s a big fan of cookies! A tasty batch of cookies and a glass of milk usually raises his spirits.
  • He has a light British accent.

Appearance: Rooney stands at 5’3”. He has a fairly pale complexion with lively light blue eyes. His jaw-length hair is fluffy and brown with a single sky blue highlight. He has a tiny white cloud-shaped tattoo with a light blue outline on both cheeks, just under his eyes. His favorite outfit consists of a light blue sweater over a white dress shirt, usually accompanied by a light purple leather jacket, as well as black long pants with two thin light blue lines trailing down each pant leg and light blue shoes. Otherwise, he loves wearing various sweaters and flowy clothing. He has an outfit more befitting of a sorcerer as well; he just prefers wearing casual clothing for the most part.

When using his storm magic, his eyes glow a brighter shade of blue and his hair turns pitch black.
64757171_LkpFf5mHCkgyrIx.jpg

(Drawing is mine! ^^ Apologies if the lighting isn't the best, it was the best I could get!)
xk7ymDQ.png
This looks super cool! I’m thinking about joining a human character, can you reserve a spot for me? Also, I have a quick question, were the regular humans hand picked or randomly picked out?
This looks super cool! I’m thinking about joining a human character, can you reserve a spot for me? Also, I have a quick question, were the regular humans hand picked or randomly picked out?
Please keep in mind that my logic permit has expired and that the 76th color of the alphabet in the exact time of a parakeet eating a pie in June is equivalent to a giant whale-eating cantaloupe allergic to a chair made out of potato salami held by a sandwich that has beetle hands.
@/SoulLugia he looks good so far! No issues for me. :)

@/FutureChiken Absolutely! All human participants were hand chosen by the Heir. Though the non-magical humans might not have known it until they're summoned. xD
@/SoulLugia he looks good so far! No issues for me. :)

@/FutureChiken Absolutely! All human participants were hand chosen by the Heir. Though the non-magical humans might not have known it until they're summoned. xD
Small question, is living inanimate objects allowed? Like, a talking instrument?
Small question, is living inanimate objects allowed? Like, a talking instrument?

Lore clan × pm friendly × remember to drink water
ooh, excited to see what you come up with if they are allowed. I have a couple of demon characters who're combinations of an inanimate object + a mostly human silhouette, and they're a lot of fun to design. [quote name="Absolutiones" date="2023-05-05 16:44:04" ] Sure! I've been trying to bribe my sister into doing the same xD [/quote] Well, now you have an example of success :^ Just not for sisters specifically.
ooh, excited to see what you come up with if they are allowed. I have a couple of demon characters who're combinations of an inanimate object + a mostly human silhouette, and they're a lot of fun to design.

Absolutiones wrote on 2023-05-05 16:44:04:
Well, now you have an example of success :^
Just not for sisters specifically.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12